Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 13:33   #1
BHPian

Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

Fellows,

I receivced a letter from Ford India yesterday notifying about service program for Rear Twist beam in Fiesta Old, Classic and Figo.

I am attaching PDF for your reference. It says that particular VIN nos have the issue and they will receive the letter. Upon receipt, the owner need to take an appointment and servcie will do it FOC which includes Part and Labour. Also will provide free water wash.

If you have not received the letter, do make it a point to check with service station or call Ford India.

I am really happy to see these drives. My Fiesta is now 29 Months and 39K on Oddo. Good to see Ford taking good care of our cars.

Cheers

EDIT on 14th August, 2012 : Further clarification from Ford:

Quote:
Ford has rolled out a Field Service Action starting July 23 to inspect certain batches of its Figo and Ford Classic models for potential issues related to the Rear Twist Beam (RTB) and the Power Steering Hose (PAS):

- All Ford Figo and Ford Classic vehicles manufactured between January 2008 and December 2010 will have the RTB inspected, and replaced if found defective. The issue is a potential crack in the RTB which first manifests itself in the form of an abnormal noise from the rear. If the vehicle is continued to be driven and the noise symptoms are ignored, it could lead to the RTB unit breaking, resulting in diminished ride & handling and brake performance - potentially rendering the vehicle inoperable

- All Ford Figo and Ford Classic petrol-engined vehicles manufactured from September 2010 till February 2011 will have the PAS Hose replaced as a precautionary measure and to ensure the long term durability of the vehicle. The issue identified is the potential for an oil leak to develop in the PAS hose which could result in potential fumes being emitted from the area causing the leak. It may also be possible for power steering fluid to come into contact with the vehicle’s exhaust components creating a potential for smoke and, in extreme cases, fire.

Ford India is contacting owners of the potentially affected vehicles via customer letters and through its nationwide dealership network. Owners can also contact their local dealers, or call Ford India Customer Relations Group on a toll free number - 1800 419 9889 or visit the Ford India website at http://www.india.ford.com/support .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rear twist beam - service program.pdf (1.38 MB, 3008 views)

Last edited by GTO : 14th August 2012 at 15:26. Reason: Adding additional information
Firebird is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 14:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Good move by Ford in being proactive.
sudev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 14:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Thanks Firebird for the info.

Although its a good move, why did Ford wait all these time to intimate the customers. Also if the VIN series was known it would have been better for the Ford customers to contact the workshop directly instead of waiting for the letter.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 17:24   #4
BHPian

Just to add, we can go to the link below and check if the car is covered in this Service Program or not by searching using VIN. I just checked and it works. Our Figo is not covered but Firebird's car is.

Ford India Private Limited - Field Service Action

Also quoting a post by Figo admin on their facebook page. It should clear some doubts. Hope this helps.

Quote:
We have initiated a voluntary pre-emptive Field Service Action to inspect certain batches of Ford Figo and Ford Classic models for potential issues related to the Rear Twist Beam (RTB) and the Power Steering Hose (PAS). Customers from the identified batches of vehicles are being requested to take their vehicles to their nearest dealership where
(i) we are inspecting the Rear Twist Beam for all Ford Figo and Ford Classic vehicles manufactured between January 2008 and December 2010, and
(ii) All Ford Figo and Ford Classic petrol-engined vehicles manufactured from September 2010 till February 2011 will have the PAS Hose replaced as a precautionary measure and to ensure the long term durability of the vehicle.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 7th August 2012 at 17:26.
amit1234singla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 17:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice move by Ford. But I wonder why they messed up with the power steering hose again on petrol Fiestas.

Mine, a 2007 Feb model, was inspected in 2008 and found to be ok. But it did give away last December, but I appreciate Ford India for replacing it free of cost, though the car was out of extended warranty.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:52   #6
BHPian

Thanks fro sharing this!

The VIN number of my Figo shows that I would need to get the part replaced. However I have not recieved an e-mail from them yet. Anyways, I am going to contact them and get the work done.

Can some one post a pic of what exactly the part looks like?

Edit: Found a pic (not specifically for Figo / Fiesata though)

Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall-vallf.jpg

Pic Courtesy: TubeNet

Looks like a major thing. Not sure if it can really be done in hours as mentioned in the Mail.

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 7th August 2012 at 18:20.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 17:58   #7
BHPian

Mine is listed too, will get it checked during the 50K service that is due next week. Thanks!
Old 7th August 2012, 18:30   #8
taj
BANNED

Mine got replaced last Saturday (4th Aug), which belongs to 2010 Aug batch
They mentioned while inspection, hair line cracks were found on the Rear twist beam, and these cracks were developing hence needed a replacement, all these RTB,s were manufactured in India, and now they are replacing it with ones shipped from abroad (seems like from Germany). Inspection is done on the suspected 111000 nos of vehicles across India and replacement is done for required ones.

Last edited by taj : 7th August 2012 at 18:45. Reason: additional information gathered
taj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 18:44   #9
BHPian

Thank you for this information. On checking with the site and my VIN qualifies for this replacement.

How long does it take for the entire replacement service? Has anyone got it done yet?

Also does anyone know why these parts are being replaced?
Thanks.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 7th August 2012 at 18:46.
Old 7th August 2012, 19:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Most probably due to substandard casting by their supplier.
Anyone know who does the twist beams for Ford?
Old 7th August 2012, 20:50   #11
taj
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Thank you for this information. On checking with the site and my VIN qualifies for this replacement.

How long does it take for the entire replacement service? Has anyone got it done yet?

Also does anyone know why these parts are being replaced?
Thanks.

Replacement was done during my 40K service, delivered the vehicle same day evening (Usual service, Replacement of RTB, replaced FR Shock , exterior Polishing)
Old 8th August 2012, 08:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

My Fiesta too listed in the website for the replacement with the service action no although havent got any e-mail or paper communication as of yet. Will be contacting the Ford dealer for the same. Any idea how much time would this replacement take.
Old 8th August 2012, 09:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

Is there a time limit for this service? Can I get it done after about 6 months?
Old 8th August 2012, 10:15   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Fellows,

I receivced a letter from Ford India yesterday notifying about service program for Rear Twist beam in Fiesta Old, Classic and Figo.

I am attaching PDF for your reference. It says that particular VIN nos have the issue and they will receive the letter. Upon receipt, the owner need to take an appointment and servcie will do it FOC which includes Part and Labour. Also will provide free water wash.

If you have not received the letter, do make it a point to check with service station or call Ford India.

I am really happy to see these drives. My Fiesta is now 29 Months and 39K on Oddo. Good to see Ford taking good care of our cars.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Just to add, we can go to the link below and check if the car is covered in this Service Program or not by searching using VIN. I just checked and it works. Our Figo is not covered but Firebird's car is.

Ford India Private Limited - Field Service Action

Also quoting a post by Figo admin on their facebook page. It should clear some doubts. Hope this helps.
Thank you amit and firebird for the information. I checked the VIN of my Figo D and it requires check of Rear Twist Beam and if found faulty, it will be replaced free of cost.

Got an appointment this Saturday with the dealer.
Diesel lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 10:31   #15
BHPian

Where exactly is the VIN number located? I was not able to find it below the seat as mentioned

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks