Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2012, 13:59   #106
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

Has anyone gone to FASS to check the RTB and came back without replacing the RTB because it was needed as per them? I am asking this since I am not aware of the method that FASS is using to detect if the RTB is faulty. Is it purely based on the part no? Or they do some kind of testing? I am really sceptical if they do some testing to check if replacement is needed.
I have booked an appointment this Saturday to get my Figo checked. It falls under that period mentioned by Fod, its a June 2010 ZXi Diesel model. While booking, I asked if my Figo's RTB will get replaced, the lady said (Planet Ford) it will be inspected first and then will be decided if it needs replacement.
Old 21st August 2012, 14:30   #107
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothless View Post
I got my car checked and the RTB replaced today at Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon. Unlike previous times, the experience was great. They took care to explain everything they did to the car (service + RTB replacement). Looks like Ford did a great job keeping the dealerships informed.
However, the workshop did not replace the power steering hose. They explained that my car was manufactured before Sept'10 so did not require any PSA replacement.
Good to see a positive feedback for Harpreet. I so want these one off good feedbacks to become a routine for them. They cancelled my appointment for 18th August on the evening of 17th August and gave me 1st September as the next date.

Honestly speaking, I am very concerned about this PS hose pipe thing given the danger it has potentially. My car is February 2010 manufactured so am sure they wont include it in the FSA. Did they even check that everything is fine and then concluded it doesnt require replacement in your case?

Last edited by New.Novice : 21st August 2012 at 14:32.
Old 21st August 2012, 16:34   #108
Senior - BHPian

I replaced the RTB on my Fiesta on Aug 11th and completed a 1250 KM roundtrip to Kerala. Did not notice any issues.
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:35   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Has anyone gone to FASS to check the RTB and came back without replacing the RTB because it was needed as per them? I am asking this since I am not aware of the method that FASS is using to detect if the RTB is faulty. Is it purely based on the part no? Or they do some kind of testing? I am really sceptical if they do some testing to check if replacement is needed.
I have booked an appointment this Saturday to get my Figo checked. It falls under that period mentioned by Fod, its a June 2010 ZXi Diesel model. While booking, I asked if my Figo's RTB will get replaced, the lady said (Planet Ford) it will be inspected first and then will be decided if it needs replacement.
I gave my car for RTB replacement and received my car without replacing the same. My SA said the RTB is in good condition and doesn't need a replacement. He gave me an invoice which showed the work that was done. I was in a hurry so ,didn't enquire the details of the tests that were done.
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:30   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7

I gave my car for RTB replacement and received my car without replacing the same. My SA said the RTB is in good condition and doesn't need a replacement. He gave me an invoice which showed the work that was done. I was in a hurry so ,didn't enquire the details of the tests that were done.
you mean your VIN was listed as per Ford database, but the dealer made a judgment call based on his staffs assessment?
you had better go and scream at them ,this is quite irregular. criminal, to my mind.
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:06   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
you mean your VIN was listed as per Ford database, but the dealer made a judgment call based on his staffs assessment?
you had better go and scream at them ,this is quite irregular. criminal, to my mind.
The VIN listing on Ford site just shows if you need to take your car to the dealer for inspection, I don't think it mentions that the RTB must be replaced, right? As I mentioned in my post, I am not sure how the dealer inspects and what are the criteria to decide if the replacement is needed. It would have been good on Ford's part to share this information publicly.
Figopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:10   #112
BHPian

I had gone with my dad to get his fiesta serviced. The Service advisor mentioned that the rear beam would be inspected and IF needed will be replaced under warranty. When we went to pick up the car he told that the beam didnt need replacement.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:05   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I had gone with my dad to get his fiesta serviced. The Service advisor mentioned that the rear beam would be inspected and IF needed will be replaced under warranty. When we went to pick up the car he told that the beam didnt need replacement.
Finally got time to update on my experience. A few weeks I gave my figo for the RTB issue. To my surprise I was told that it is in perfect condition and needs no change. They also checked the PS hose and was told that there is a minor oil leakage and was asked to come next week for want of spares! I got a body wash done for free. I have to go back to lathangi tomorrow to get the PS hose issue to be attended.

Now what bothers me is most of the folks out here have informed about the replacement of the RTB. Is there any specific criteria they look for replacement like driving type/conditions, usage etc.
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:55   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Finally got time to update on my experience. A few weeks I gave my figo for the RTB issue. To my surprise I was told that it is in perfect condition and needs no change. They also checked the PS hose and was told that there is a minor oil leakage and was asked to come next week for want of spares! I got a body wash done for free. I have to go back to lathangi tomorrow to get the PS hose issue to be attended.

Now what bothers me is most of the folks out here have informed about the replacement of the RTB. Is there any specific criteria they look for replacement like driving type/conditions, usage etc.

I am not very sure as to what they inspected and what made them decide that the beam didnt need replacement. Actually on the time of delivery my dad had only gone to take the car.
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:39   #115
BHPian

got the fiesta back after FSA.
the RTB was replaced and i checked it myself.
not sure how to check the PS hose.

did a 40 km drive after replacement.dint find much change in ride but surely there was no other sounds from the rear.
also glad the SVC gave a free wash.

im a happy customer.
Old 22nd August 2012, 21:44   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mayankk, Ford has provided the dealers with factory quality tools to check if the part was defective or not. Also, the recall is " Check and Replace".

So, non-defective parts needn't be replaced.

But then 90+ % of the vehicles come with defective parts.

If you have an ABS vehicle, its better not to push for a replacement if its not faulty. As what you get new is just the torsion beam and a couple of nuts/bolts. But, what goes haywire from factory fitting is all the wiring around the beam.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 21:56   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Mayankk, Ford has provided the dealers with factory quality tools to check if the part was defective or not. Also, the recall is " Check and Replace".

So, non-defective parts needn't be replaced.

But then 90+ % of the vehicles come with defective parts.

If you have an ABS vehicle, its better not to push for a replacement if its not faulty. As what you get new is just the torsion beam and a couple of nuts/bolts. But, what goes haywire from factory fitting is all the wiring around the beam.
I was under the impression that a specific batch of beams had been identified by Ford, and preventively being replaced across the batch.
On the checking front though, then, I am glad for, one, my VIN didnt fall in that batch, and two, I no longer frequent Harpreet ford who would've passed as OK if they had too much work, or too late in the night.
(just from my experience with HF).

I suppose you have to place a lot of trust in the dealership you frequent to do a thorough check.
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:04   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I no longer frequent Harpreet ford who would've passed as OK if they had too much work, or too late in the night.
(just from my experience with HF).

I suppose you have to place a lot of trust in the dealership you frequent to do a thorough check.
In this case, you can visually check if they have checked!

Well in any case, trusting the dealership is hard, you know..
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:15   #119
BHPian

I had sent my Figo today for a follow up on the new noise after RTB replacement. I was busy today, so had sent the car with the driver. It took the whole day againfor them to rectify the problem. As per my driver, they replaced a plastic part under the springs and tightened the spring connection with the RTB. I hope the sound doesn't come back. Will keep you posted
Old 23rd August 2012, 22:06   #120
BHPian

I booked a service appointment for last Thursday after i checked my vin in the Ford India website and got it for last Friday, went there early morning 8:30 as per booking and there was no body attend at lathangi ford, waited for 30 mns and went around and then got some newbie to attend, was promised delivery at 12:30 with a clean wash. my bad called them around 1 PM and my sweet chariot was not ready. called them again at 3 and not ready, went there at 6:30 and they did not have a clue for 30 mns on where my ride was and then to my horror they vehicle was not washed and i ask the service adviser blandly says no time sir. after a lot of hue and cry they do a blind body wash and by then the time is 7:30 and i was pissed off and in hurry forgot to check my car went home.
the next day reliase that my lovely victornix swiss knife and cash is missing from the utility box below the steering. it was my mistake that i left it there hoping that they are trust worthy and no body will steal from a utility box. i am glad the money was not much to worry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks