Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2012, 14:56   #46
RGK
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

Thanks all. I was some how away from Figo thread, and luckily heard a news through a different website.
Went to the link provided in this thread and after submitting the VIN no I got this info

There is 1 Field Service Action
  • 1 FSA Number: S1204
    FIGO FIESTA REAR TWIST BEAM
Yes, your vehicle is included in the Ford Field Service Action. We advise that you get in touch with your nearest Ford Dealer.(The last word Ford Dealer is a website link)
Old 13th August 2012, 20:25   #47
BHPian

re: Ford Fiesta (old) and Figo Rear Twist Beam & PS Hose - Service Program / Reacall

is it that the 'rear twist beam' will be changed or will be checked first?

as per the website i have to visit the ford center and they dint even bother to contact me about it!
when i called up they were asking how i came know about this news!
i was like 'i have my sources'..all thanks to T-bhp!!

took appointment for next tuesday!
Old 13th August 2012, 20:44   #48
BHPian

Hi Guys

Does the RTB change solve the Ground Clearance issue? Anybody noticed such a change ?

Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 22:22   #49
BHPian

I checked the Ford website, my car is not a part of the FSA, but I do get to hear a lot of creaking noises from the rear, especially when 2-3 people occupy the rear seat. Could this be an issue with the suspension?
Old 13th August 2012, 22:41   #50
Senior - BHPian

Ford India announces a Recall of Figo and Fiesta Classic vehicles

After having courted with a Field service Action(FSA) exercise for last few months, mentioned in this link below
Ford Field Service Action

Ford India launches a recall campaign.

I am liking the way Indian auto is turning out taking responsibilities and trying to get their act together.

Here is the extract of the article given in this link
Quote:
In one of the biggest ever such exercises in the country, Ford India on Monday said that it has recalled over 1.28 units of its bestselling Figo and Classic cars to rectify problems related to steering and rear suspension.

The recall impacts different batches of cars made between January 2008 and December 2010, and from September 2010 till February 2011.

"Ford India rolled out a voluntary and pre-emptive Field Service Action (FSA) starting July 23 to inspect certain batches of its Figo and Ford Classic models for potential issues related to the Rear Twist Beam (RTB) and the Power Steering Hose (PAS)," the company said in a statement.

Most Recent
Ramdev supporters put government in a fix: 10 developments
Economic growth worries hit world stocks
All Ford Figo and Ford Classic vehicles manufactured between January 2008 and December 2010 will have the RTB inspected, and replaced if found defective, it added.

"With respect to the RTB issue, a total of 1,11,000 vehicles will be inspected in India. Ford Figo and Ford Classic (previously known as Fiesta) sold from January 2008 till December 2010 will need to be inspected but will not necessarily need part replacements," it added.

Ford India said the issue is a potential crack in the RTB which first manifests itself in the form of an abnormal noise from the rear.

"If the vehicle is continued to be driven and the noise symptoms are ignored, it could lead to the RTB unit breaking, resulting in diminished ride and handling and brake performance - potentially rendering the vehicle inoperable," the statement added.

The company further said all units of petrol-driven Ford Figo and Ford Classic manufactured from September 2010 till February 2011 will have the PAS Hose replaced as a precautionary measure.

"In the case of the PAS Hose issue, a total of 17,655 units of Ford Figo and Ford Classic produced and sold in India from September 2010 till February 2011 will be replaced," the statement said.

Last edited by xingamazon : 13th August 2012 at 22:45.
Old 13th August 2012, 22:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
Hi Guys

Does the RTB change solve the Ground Clearance issue? Anybody noticed such a change ?

Thanks
No changes were felt after the replacement on my car.
The clearance is not affected since it is the rear horizontal beam that is replaced and not the dampers.

I did not feel any difference in ride as well, probably becuase the original was fine as it is.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 00:20   #52
BHPian

Thanks guys. This forum rocks. Never would have realised about this unless I would have checked out this thread. Anyway, my Fiesta 1.6S (September 2008) is enlisted for RTB replacement.

Will get it done at Delhi Ford this weekend. I have not received the formal letter from Ford. Hope they do not take much time in resolving the issue without the letter in my hand.

The sypmtom that has been identified is something that my car has for a very very long time. Ever since I bought the car, there has always been a squeaking sound from around the rear suspension side. I had even pointed this out to the NCR Ford Service Center almost 2 years back, but at that time they said that they had done appropriate greasing and the sound should go away. But the sound remained even after that I did not bother much to get it checked again. Now it seems that the sound could be due to the RTB issue.
Old 14th August 2012, 07:42   #53
Senior - BHPian

I had got the Fiesta checked for the RTB replacement but had no idea about the Power steering, came to know after I read in the papers. Will be calling up the SA to ask if he had checked the PAS. Since he didnt mention about it after the service, I assume it would be fine, but nevertheless a call to confirm is a must.
Old 14th August 2012, 09:47   #54
BHPian

My June 2008, Fiesta 1.6 is also under the scanner for RTB replacement. Only last week I noticed that the there is a creaking noise from the rear left especially when someone heavy got-in or got-out of the car.
Old 14th August 2012, 10:01   #55
BHPian

I've been a chump and saw this real late. Thanks for bringing this up Firebird.

Thanks to the others for bringing up the photos.

I did occasionally get a real nasty sound while driving the Figo. It sounded like going over rumbler strips that you find on highways when you crossover lanes. Lasted for a few seconds. I thought it might be some mudguard problems. Also there is a groaning sound when the car is fully loaded. Shucks - I should have investigated earlier. Glad no causalities happened.
But I did have car steering alignment issues. But it was fixed in the last service I did.

I just called the MPL service place at Perungudi and they were cordial in taking up the case. Have booked an Appt for Aug 16th to replace this part. But they gently explained that if the car is using the modified part, they will not make a replacement. Plus, it would take 4-5 hours to make the replacement. A check for the PAS and a full general checkup with car wash is promised.

But this is not going to be taken well by the public - my sister was wanting to buy a Figo and she is going to get apprehensive after seeing this.

My car is Zxi, so no ABS to look out for.

Last edited by Brix : 14th August 2012 at 10:05.
Old 14th August 2012, 10:05   #56
BHPian

Hi all,

I just saw this news in the paper today. I own a Ford Figo Petrol manufactured in Nov 2010. Nov 2010 happens to be in the manufactured dates for both issues mentioned in today's news.

However, I did not get any personal intimation in this regard. Since this is my first car, I was wondering if I should contact my dealer myself and get this checked or should I wait?

Please suggest.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
bhappyharsha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 10:44   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
However, I did not get any personal intimation in this regard. Since this is my first car, I was wondering if I should contact my dealer myself and get this checked or should I wait?
Please dont wait for the dealer to contact you, you contact instead and get an appointment for replacement. I hope you must have confirmed you car on the Ford website by putting the car VIN no. link as below.
Ford India Private Limited - Field Service Action
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 10:58   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Please dont wait for the dealer to contact you, you contact instead and get an appointment for replacement. I hope you must have confirmed you car on the Ford website by putting the car VIN no. link as below.
Ford India Private Limited - Field Service Action

Thanks... Just visited the website and it did mention both the issues. So, I called up and fixed an appointment for this friday (August 17th). Thanks a lot for a quick response.

Now, I have a question, since Ignorance is bliss, I never cared about this but now that this comes to my brain, I am sure this will keep me thinking. I was wondering if there is any precaution I should take? Particularly for the brake related issue.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
Old 14th August 2012, 11:35   #59
BHPian

hi ,

i am getting lots of abnormal noises from rear side in my fiesta sxi 1.6 , after reading today's news in TOI i was already worried as i never thought that it could be so critical , now i have taken service center's appointment , lets see what they do with it and importantly whether they are going to charge us or not.
If any one has already got it done on the forum them please share the experience and also if any particular care that needs to be taken while dealing with this , thanks

regards
Amol
Old 14th August 2012, 11:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
I was wondering if there is any precaution I should take? Particularly for the brake related issue.
Precaution for what?? For the replacement program? I dont think so anything is needed from your end except driving to the workshop and handing over the car for the replacement.

What is the brake related issue? If its not related to the RTB/PAS replacement, you need to discuss it other section of the forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks