Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 14:53   #1336
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Just heard from the service advisor of Royal Motors that XUV 5oo, service options of 5,000 Km or 3 months whichever is earlier for 1st service, 10,000 Km or 6 months for 2nd, has been modified to 5,000 km for 1st , 10,000 Km for 2nd service and so on, irrespective of the number of months. Just want to check the validity of this statement. Can anyone kindly verify this. @Debuda, @SDP? He went to the extent of saying theres a new circular issued by M&M.

PS:I really liked the pickup & drop facility offered by M&M,I had to avail this since I was away. The M&M driver was at my place sharp at 9am as promised. Took the km reading and pointed the fuel level to my wife before taking the car for service. Overall, appreciate the professionalism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
me_sid, this has been reported earlier by fellow bhpians. Surprisingly, TBHP is the only place where I have read it. The XUV site, the FB page are mum about it (or may be I missed it). I have not heard either from M&M directly or from my RM.

I am pretty sure that the news is correct. I am just surprised that it has been under-communicated.

When I visit the service center the next time, I need to check this as well.
I've heard from my RM that the time limits for service have been taken off. My 3rd service was due last month but I've only covered 13,000 kms so far. Hence postponed the service.

It's been officially communicated to them by M&M. May be you'll hear when you book the appointment for next service.
tachobells is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 14:59   #1337
BHPian

Infact my car went for the first service today, and the RM called me to say that the month embargo is taken off. Even then I told him go ahead do the servicing, since I was unsure about the authenticity of the statement. So i guess that this is not just in the air, its a fact. Great! Thanks @tacho
Old 27th December 2012, 15:32   #1338
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@debuda, @SDP thanks for the update! I was pretty worried about the PS failing issues that has been quite frequently reported, told my R.M about it.He told me that mines have the upgraded hose. Moreover the discs are also of the upgraded design. Mines a August 2012 W6.Coming to brakes, though I have done something around 3000 KM am not comfortable. It kind of feels very soft ( mushy to an extent).

You gentlemen of late, have driven quite extensively , ( debuda in his North India trip and SDP on his Gujrat voyage) any issues that you have obsearved. The reason why I am asking is because of two pending long trips, and that too with a 2years8 month old pocket tornado. So I beed to take precaution.
Do you switch between 2 or more cars?
XUV5OO's brakes are definitely on the softer side as compared to most other cars. BUT, if you lose the frame of reference by driving ONLY the XUV for days together, you get adjusted to it.

During first couple of months of ownership, I was alternating between the Alto and the XUV many times during the week. During that time, I was not happy with the XUV's brakes. They start biting a bit late and I was forced to press harder mid-way during the braking action after realizing that the car is not going to stop where I want it to.

After monsoon, I have consistently been driving only the XUV and now I have no complaints about the brakes. Please note that my May'2012 manufactured XUV is still running the original discs and brake-pads. Now I am completely used to the brakes and am able to stop exactly where I want in urgent as well as regular braking situations.

In fact, after the 8 day 2800km Gujarat trip, it was a weird experience to get the Alto out from the XUV's parking lot. My Alto's brakepads have been replaced some 2 years back and the brakes are perfect. But this time, the Alto's brakes felt too "grabbing" type and I was getting thrown forward every time I braked.

So I believe its a matter of getting used to the feel of the brakes and avoid switching between cars (which would invariably force a comparison).

PS: The XUV's brakes are soft. No doubt about it. Although I am used to them, would love to have better brakes. But I will wait till Mahindras are done with their RnD with Bausch and the 37th generation brake-pads finally work as intended.

Last edited by SDP : 27th December 2012 at 15:53.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 15:39   #1339
BHPian

Yes I do at times , my Baleno LXI, and maybe back of my mind a constant comparision goes on. And as you have said I would have been happier if the brakes were a bit more grabbing. Having said that I did have a couple of emergency braking situation on the NH2, it did actualy stop quite comfortably, in a straight line, from a tripple digit figure, but then again I had my heart in my mouth.
Old 27th December 2012, 17:15   #1340
BHPian

Is someone on this thread having a Sony Xperia phone?

I'm having one and I've trouble in using the bluetooth phone calling. I can hear the other party's voice crystal clear. But the other party is not able to hear my voice clearly. They hear a lot of noise.

Any solutions? I'm having the latest software for infotainment system. Also, this problem is not seen with other phones I've tried - iPhone, Nokia N8, HTC Nexus One.

I'm ready to root the phone if needed to fix this. Missing out an important functionality. :(
Old 27th December 2012, 17:37   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
You gentlemen of late, have driven quite extensively , ( debuda in his North India trip and SDP on his Gujrat voyage) any issues that you have obsearved. The reason why I am asking is because of two pending long trips, and that too with a 2years8 month old pocket tornado. So I beed to take precaution.
I have posted a fairly detailed report on my recent long drive (almost 5000 KM) at my ownership thread.

As you'll see from my ownership thread, I did not face any significant problems so far. Downshifting to 2nd gear with the car speed above 15 KMPH has been a bit hard (all the other gears are butter-smooth) but recently the gear selector and shifter cables were changed under warranty and things appear a bit better now.

I don't think you need to be unduly concerned. We all wish you happy and safe long trips. Drive safely and make sure that your 'pocket tornado' is also wearing seat belts. I'm sure he will only add to the fun!
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 18:39   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Some very good points there fandagenie and HCP!

Even I do believe that for parts which have undergone a redesign (e.g. brake pads, high-pressure power steering pipe) Mahindras should have recalled all the affected vehicles. It could have been done like what Tatas did for Nano during the burning issue. But should have been done anyways. We all love our own XUVs, but when Mahindras put THEIR reputation ahead of YOUR and MY LIFE, that's where things become completely unacceptable.

The question is, besides sharing our experiences on team-bhp, WHAT ELSE are we going to do about it?

I am going to write to VP-Customer Care. What about you?

Any other way or any other avenue where we can voice our concerns about "lack of proactivity and goofed-up priority about the brand-image" ?
I am with you SDP. We should reach out to the highest officials in M&M so that they are completely aware of the gravity of issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Though my own XUV is relatively niggle-free (it's still early days though) I am ready to contribute to this 'joint action' in any meaningful manner.
I completely agree. It should be a constructive feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
I casually made a call, about a month back to the XUV call centre just to check the status of my booking. I got two calls by a very worried sounding lady asking me if everything was OK. Just shows that M&M is really trying to address customer issues.
This is exactly what I found too. So is that only some of the top most officials aligned to the customer centric business model till now and the concept is not effectively rolled down to executives and dealer level? If I was the VP of after sales, this is soemthing I would have looked at on top priority. When I made an escalation at VP / President level, things started moving really quick in addressing the complaint. So is that what we have to do every time if there is a breakdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand Govind View Post
hey folks - I seem to have a problem with my USB stick and wondering if it's just me or do I need to go have this checked up.

Im using a Sandisk Cruzer Blade - 16GB with a bunch of mp3 in them to listen to my music. Off late I've noticed that once I switch off and then switch on the engine & accessories completely (pull out the key and put it back it), the music system seems to go back and read the very 1st song on the USB.

Is that everytime the key is taken out & put back in the system reads the USB as a new addition (like when you put the USB in for the 1st time, it says USB reading)?

Thanks.
Welcome to the thread
I had faced similar issue is Sandisk cruizer 16 GB and software update etc did not resolve the issue. Once the HU replaced for a hang issue, this problem disappeared. Hence I believe there is something to do with hardware than software. You may want to check your drive with another XUV before making a formal complaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Due to some reason the issue appears to have sorted out on its own at least for the timebeing. Yesterday the doctor (service engineer) said an operation would be required to replace the ignition system with a stay at the hospital (service centre) for 1-2 days. And voila today morning its working perfect. Tried turning on/off the engine a couple of times and its working as expected. . Anyway will get it replaced during the next service.

FundaG
the very first thing you can do with such kind of issues is disconnecting the negative battery terminal wait for a couple of seconds and then reconnect it. I could resolve two issues in this fashion. Follow me / Lead me head lamp not working as stated in manual as well as blower control knob not controlling the blower speed even though the display shows speed changing.

May the service center guy did a disconnect / connect?

Quote:
@debuda, @SDP thanks for the update! I was pretty worried about the PS failing issues that has been quite frequently reported, told my R.M about it.He told me that mines have the upgraded hose. .
Well, I had asked the same question before my long trip and received the exact same answer as you. But it failed after few days :

But honestly telling, I am not getting a definite answer from M&M about the PS high pressure pipe indeed received a design refresh or not. What I heard is that they are just replacing the failing part with a new piece, and there is no design / specification changes really happened. If that is true, you really don't have to worry about it until it actually fails

Though one thing you can do is, keep monitoring the fluid level inside power steering fluid container. If you are too much paranoid about a failure, buy bottle of Power steering fluid and keep it in your car. In case of failure, it will help you to reach the nearest safe location.

Another check point is the leakage signs under the engine bay. You can look out of any signs through the right hand side front wheel well.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 27th December 2012 at 18:43.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 19:55   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Is someone on this thread having a Sony Xperia phone?

I'm having one and I've trouble in using the bluetooth phone calling. I can hear the other party's voice crystal clear. But the other party is not able to hear my voice clearly. They hear a lot of noise.

Any solutions? I'm having the latest software for infotainment system. Also, this problem is not seen with other phones I've tried - iPhone, Nokia N8, HTC Nexus One.

I'm ready to root the phone if needed to fix this. Missing out an important functionality. :(
I have a Xperia Mini and this seems to work fine. I also have the XUV BlueSense app on my phone now - works like a charm. Pretty much all the ICE functions are available on my phone screen now.
Old 27th December 2012, 20:33   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post

the very first thing you can do with such kind of issues is disconnecting the negative battery terminal wait for a couple of seconds and then reconnect it. I could resolve two issues in this fashion. Follow me / Lead me head lamp not working as stated in manual as well as blower control knob not controlling the blower speed even though the display shows speed changing.

May the service center guy did a disconnect / connect?
Will give it a try. Cos today evening the issue is back again.

FundaG
Old 27th December 2012, 21:07   #1345
BHPian

Quote:

[*]Maintenance Schedule : It has also been reported by another TBHPian that the 'months' rider has now been done away with. I sought clarification from my RM today and she was not aware of it but promised to confirm and revert.
[*]Warranty : My Service Coupon Booklet specifies the Warranty to be 2 years / 65,000 KM (whichever is earlier). My RM had told me that my Purple Club membership letter would delight me by informing that it is 3 years / unlimited mileage. But when I received the Purple Club kit recently, I did not find anything in it about warranty. I have asked my RM to clarify the matter.
In my case the extended waranty was handed over by RM during my first service.
Vasuki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 22:08   #1346
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
I have misplaced my extended warranty paper.
Have been searching for it for a few weeks now. Hope Mahindras keep a track themselves and won't mind re-issuing the extended-warranty intimation if I request them.
Old 28th December 2012, 11:11   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with TVS, the dealer from where I took the car. The sales person said the extended warranty for my car is there and as per Mahindra it needs to be collected in person. So will be doing it next week.

FundaG
Old 28th December 2012, 14:05   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I have misplaced my extended warranty paper. Hope Mahindras keep a track themselves and won't mind re-issuing the extended-warranty intimation if I request them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
I checked with TVS, the dealer from where I took the car. The sales person said the extended warranty for my car is there and as per Mahindra it needs to be collected in person. So will be doing it next week.
My RM informed me that she checked the warranty status of my XUV in the M&M system and found that the warranty is valid till 26.10.15 (i.e., 3 years) for unlimited mileage. She told me that she would be giving me the warranty details in writing on the Dealer's letterhead.

Well, it is now confirmed that :
  1. All XUV's are covered by a 3 year, unlimited mileage warranty. This is splendid.
  2. Written confirmation of the 3-year warranty is just a formality. Warranty duration of each XUV is recorded in M&M's computer system which is linked with the Dealers' intranet. So even if one has misplaced the 'extended warranty' papers, there is nothing to worry. Any number of printouts of extended warranty papers may be taken out by any dealer.

Last edited by debuda : 28th December 2012 at 14:08.
debuda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 14:18   #1349
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
  1. All XUV's are covered by a 3 year, unlimited mileage warranty. This is splendid.
Thanks Debuda! That's one less thing to worry about.

One question- Is the warranty date calculated from the date you take delivery or from the invoice date or the landed-at-yard date?
Old 28th December 2012, 16:22   #1350
BHPian

The front passenger door puddle lamp came off yesterday, this is the 2nd one to come off in my vehicle (previous one to come off was the rear passenger door).

Both the times the retaining clip on one side was broken and the lamp was hanging out of the door by the wire and I was not able to close the door.

The first time they replaced under warranty. But yesterday for the 2nd one they were not ready to honor the warranty.

Their argument was that since the clip is broken Mahindra would not compensate them (they claimed the first time too they were not compensated), I felt it was ridiculous since the puddle lamp is not a 'touch-point' like say a door-handle. Both my RM and the works manager were not accepting my argument.

I then made a call to the local Mahindra CRM and spoke to the gent there explained my problem. He listened to what I had to say and said he will speak to the A**. After the call there was lot of activity and photos taken of the broken part and the door. It was finally decided that the part from the demo vehicle will be taken and replaced in mine.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks