Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2012, 08:47   #1321
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I completely agree with you about the situation would have been much worse in case I would have started the trip and get stuck at the middle. I would have been just OK if my car breakdown was due to one off case where some components failed. It can happen with any car including Bemmers and Mercs. The issues that I am quoting here is not something qualified to be called "small". Problems like clutch failures and brake issues are not a myth. We have many fellow members here who posted about it on this thread.

The point here is, there is no proactive action from M&M to notify possible issues with the car in such occurrences. For example see the below links, all are about recalls by major players in India:

I don't see a similar pro-active action from M&M for the critical parts issues such as Clutch failures, brake issues and power steering failures. Another option, the car was in regular service within last month, they could have replaced the part without risking someone's life, but that was not done.

..they need to step up their after sales department from reactive to proactive in nature in my opinion. They should focus on long term benefits and customer satisfaction rather than waiting until a brake down and then fixing it.

Sorry if I sounded XUV basher, I love my car, its still the best one I can afford, I really like the people to whom I interacted with within M&M, they are really professional and have a nice attitude towards customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Completely agree with your point. Believe Mahindra should also do a recall for such major complaints. Maybe they are not doing so could be because they are new out here in such a segment. The others like Toyota, Honda etc are international car makers and been in market for so long.Hence such recalls will not tarnish their image like how it would do for Mahindra for its flagship product. Such a recall news for XUV in a leading newspaper would just send the wrong message to all their potential customers. Might be the reason they are waiting for us customers to approach them and get it sorted out as discretely as possible.
Some very good points there fandagenie and HCP!

Even I do believe that for parts which have undergone a redesign (e.g. brake pads, high-pressure power steering pipe) Mahindras should have recalled all the affected vehicles. It could have been done like what Tatas did for Nano during the burning issue. But should have been done anyways. We all love our own XUVs, but when Mahindras put THEIR reputation ahead of YOUR and MY LIFE, that's where things become completely unacceptable.

The question is, besides sharing our experiences on team-bhp, WHAT ELSE are we going to do about it?

I am going to write to VP-Customer Care. What about you?

Any other way or any other avenue where we can voice our concerns about "lack of proactivity and goofed-up priority about the brand-image" ?

Last edited by SDP : 26th December 2012 at 09:10.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 09:27   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
M_Upreti : You may have a point here. But I would suggest that you test drive a XUV to check out its transmission. Probably you'll find the gears much smoother as compared to Scorpio.
I TD'd the XUVW8 extensively in an around Navi Mumbai, the 2nd & 3rd gears were as good or bad as the Scorpio. Though this is not a deal breaker since I am habitual now, but the never ending list of niggles is stopping me from the buying decision.
Old 26th December 2012, 10:34   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Some very good points there fandagenie and HCP!

Even I do believe that for parts which have undergone a redesign (e.g. brake pads, high-pressure power steering pipe) Mahindras should have recalled all the affected vehicles. It could have been done like what Tatas did for Nano during the burning issue. But should have been done anyways. We all love our own XUVs, but when Mahindras put THEIR reputation ahead of YOUR and MY LIFE, that's where things become completely unacceptable.

The question is, besides sharing our experiences on team-bhp, WHAT ELSE are we going to do about it?

I am going to write to VP-Customer Care. What about you?

Any other way or any other avenue where we can voice our concerns about "lack of proactivity and goofed-up priority about the brand-image" ?
Am with you SDP. After having spent 15 lacs on this car, I do have some high level of expectations. Lets do it as a joint thing involving a good number of XUV owners from across India to highlight the problems. Else it would appear as a problem faced by a single person and that person alone would be provided some solutions.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 12:44   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Known issues should be resolved by recalling the cars in an organized manner. Waiting until a breakdown / accident is completely unethical and M&M should not look at short term benefits like saving repair cost etc due to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Quote:
Am with you SDP. After having spent 15 lacs on this car, I do have some high level of expectations. Lets do it as a joint thing involving a good number of XUV owners from across India to highlight the problems. Else it would appear as a problem faced by a single person and that person alone would be provided some solutions.

A few months ago, I had expressed my anguish at the apathy of M&M through this post. At that time I had written that : "If I ever get a chance to meet Anand Mahindra, here’s what I’ll do : I’ll take a printout of all 66 pages of this XUV niggles thread, make a fat garland out of it, and put it round his neck!"

Well, now this XUV niggles thread is almost 100 pages long and the garland for Anand Mahindra would be much fatter!

Jokes apart, I fully agree that XUV owners should do something in a combined manner to wake up M&M from their slumber. Certain batches of XUV's definitely need to be recalled. Since many XUV owners have the benefit of 'being together' on this forum (Team-BHP), I would recommend that we take up the matter jointly through TBHP. Being a newcomer to TBHP I am not very conversant with the policies of TBHP in this regard. But probably a few senior members could discuss this issue with the administrators of TBHP to chalk out an action plan.

Though my own XUV is relatively niggle-free (it's still early days though) I am ready to contribute to this 'joint action' in any meaningful manner.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 16:29   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone got any updates for this problem. I noticed one more thing. The infotainment system works in the ACC state during the engine start process. However, it switches off when I switch off the engine. I am right now using the auto Start/Stop feature so that I dont have to switch off the engine while parking and to keep continue using the infotainment system without a break. Planning to take it to the service centre tomorrow to check it out .

FundaG
OK I got it checked out. It appears the entire ignition system needs to be replaced as there seems to be some issue with ACC state. A 1-1.5 day job since some key coding etc needs to be carried out. What a headache... :(. Since its not hampering any functionality as such, I think i will get it fixed during the next service. I can always park the car with start/stop mode activated to continue listening to the music. Hope it dosent go to the extent where the car cant be started.

FundaG.
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 17:52   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
A few months ago, I had expressed my anguish at the apathy of M&M through this post. At that time I had written that : "If I ever get a chance to meet Anand Mahindra, here’s what I’ll do : I’ll take a printout of all 66 pages of this XUV niggles thread, make a fat garland out of it, and put it round his neck!"

Well, now this XUV niggles thread is almost 100 pages long and the garland for Anand Mahindra would be much fatter!
I think we should tweet this link to Mr. Mahindra, and knowing him things should certainly change

Edit:
I already did

Last edited by m_upreti : 26th December 2012 at 17:57.
m_upreti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 22:23   #1327
Team-BHP Support

One of my very good friend's XUV has done close to 6,000 kms. For the past few days, after being driven for 100+ kms, the braking efficiency decreases to scary levels. I haven't driven personally to comment upon but those who did (him & driver) echoed the same.

What could the reason be? I don't want M&M to do trial & error, hence posted here.

I noticed something though. Brake dust is reversed. It is accumulated much more in the rear wheel compared to the front.

Anyone faced the same issue?

Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 23:11   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
I had sent my XUV story to customer support VP and Passenger vehicle President over email last evening. While there is no reply to the mail, received a call at the morning from regional manager and he said they are working on my car and make sure that it is in order before delivering it back. He also offered me an automatic Scorpio until my car is back. I have given my feedback about the way M&M handling the issues in XUV.
Hi HCP, commisserations on the 30K loss and more importantly losing the "zing" for the trip despite being given a replacement vehicle. But I am happy that you escalated the matter. In fact even though my XUV is yet to arrive, I casually made a call, about a month back to the XUV call centre just to check the status of my booking. I got two calls by a very worried sounding lady asking me if everything was OK. Just shows that M&M is really trying to address customer issues. They have a very nice FAQ on their website (http://mahindraxuv500.com/product/getintouch.htm) which clearly lists out all that a customer can do so that he is heard, right upto the level of President.
That said, I agree that they should have done a recall of all those vehicles with clutch, brake and PS issues which seem reasonably widespread.
Finally, one thing we could do is to raise a e-petition and all affected Team BHPians can sign it, and some Mumbaikars could go and present it to Anand Mahindra or Pawan Goenka. Since we have tonnes of SW people maybe one of them could initiate this.
Heavy Horse is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 07:02   #1329
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
..They have a very nice FAQ on their website (http://mahindraxuv500.com/product/getintouch.htm) which clearly lists out all that a customer can do so that he is heard, right upto the level of President.
This FAQ and the emails of the top-bosses was there on the site initially and went missing for a few months. Good to see that it is back online.
Old 27th December 2012, 11:17   #1330

hey folks - I seem to have a problem with my USB stick and wondering if it's just me or do I need to go have this checked up.

Im using a Sandisk Cruzer Blade - 16GB with a bunch of mp3 in them to listen to my music. Off late I've noticed that once I switch off and then switch on the engine & accessories completely (pull out the key and put it back it), the music system seems to go back and read the very 1st song on the USB.

Is that everytime the key is taken out & put back in the system reads the USB as a new addition (like when you put the USB in for the 1st time, it says USB reading)?

Thanks.
Old 27th December 2012, 11:57   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
OK I got it checked out. It appears the entire ignition system needs to be replaced as there seems to be some issue with ACC state. A 1-1.5 day job since some key coding etc needs to be carried out. What a headache... :(. Since its not hampering any functionality as such, I think i will get it fixed during the next service. I can always park the car with start/stop mode activated to continue listening to the music. Hope it dosent go to the extent where the car cant be started.

FundaG.
The XUV is a funny car (the way my 3yr old daughter calls it). It always appears to have a mind of its own. Due to some reason the issue appears to have sorted out on its own atleast for the timebeing. Yesterday the doctor (service engineer) said an operation would be required to replace the ignition system with a stay at the hospital (service centre) for 1-2 days. And voila today morning its working perfect. Tried turning on/off the engine a couple of times and its working as expected. . Anyway will get it replaced during the next service.

FundaG
Old 27th December 2012, 13:06   #1332
BHPian

Just heard from the service advisor of Royal Motors that XUV 5oo, service options of 5,000 Km or 3 months whichever is earlier for 1st service, 10,000 Km or 6 months for 2nd, has been modified to 5,000 km for 1st , 10,000 Km for 2nd service and so on, irrespective of the number of months. Just want to check the validity of this statement. Can anyone kindly verify this. @Debuda, @SDP? He went to the extent of saying theres a new circular issued by M&M.

PS:I really liked the pickup & drop facility offered by M&M,I had to avail this since I was away. The M&M driver was at my place sharp at 9am as promised. Took the km reading and pointed the fuel level to my wife before taking the car for service. Overall, appreciate the professionalism.
me_sid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 13:41   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Just heard from the service advisor of Royal Motors that XUV 5oo, service options of 5,000 Km or 3 months whichever is earlier for 1st service, 10,000 Km or 6 months for 2nd, has been modified to 5,000 km for 1st , 10,000 Km for 2nd service and so on, irrespective of the number of months. Just want to check the validity of this statement. Can anyone kindly verify this. @Debuda, @SDP? He went to the extent of saying theres a new circular issued by M&M.
  1. Maintenance Schedule : It has also been reported by another TBHPian that the 'months' rider has now been done away with. I sought clarification from my RM today and she was not aware of it but promised to confirm and revert.
  2. Warranty : My Service Coupon Booklet specifies the Warranty to be 2 years / 65,000 KM (whichever is earlier). My RM had told me that my Purple Club membership letter would delight me by informing that it is 3 years / unlimited mileage. But when I received the Purple Club kit recently, I did not find anything in it about warranty. I have asked my RM to clarify the matter.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 13:43   #1334
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
me_sid, this has been reported earlier by fellow bhpians. Surprisingly, TBHP is the only place where I have read it. The XUV site, the FB page are mum about it (or may be I missed it). I have not heard either from M&M directly or from my RM.

I am pretty sure that the news is correct. I am just surprised that it has been under-communicated.

When I visit the service center the next time, I need to check this as well.

Last edited by SDP : 27th December 2012 at 13:46.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 14:31   #1335
BHPian

@debuda, @SDP thanks for the update! I was pretty worried about the PS failing issues that has been quite frequently reported, told my R.M about it.He told me that mines have the upgraded hose. Moreover the discs are also of the upgraded design. Mines a August 2012 W6.Coming to brakes, though I have done something around 3000 KM am not comfortable. It kind of feels very soft ( mushy to an extent).

You gentlemen of late, have driven quite extensively , ( debuda in his North India trip and SDP on his Gujrat voyage) any issues that you have obsearved. The reason why I am asking is because of two pending long trips, and that too with a 2years8 month old pocket tornado. So I beed to take precaution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks