Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2012, 09:06   #1231
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

have been complaining for soft and spongy brakes to my RM for some time. Went to service center. initially they all were of the opinion that it is soft by design and they can not do anything. Lately on pressing hard, they did brake bleeding and it improved by about 10%. I am little relaxed now. But yes, brakes are not like sedans and one has to be aware of it. I always have tough time to adjust to xuv brakes after driving my cedia.

There is some krr krr noise from dash board on pressing the accelerator. RM told that it is also by design and it comes out of some air intake in VGT turbo. I do not remember this noise on test drive. Can someone confirm. They should have at least insulated for cabin. On test vehicle, there was some humming noise from turbo which I don't get in my xuv

There is some vibration if I rotate the steering on neutral gears when car is stand still. They told this is also normal as fluid does not reach sterrring column. But I don't get the similar vibration in cedia. Reply from RM/service man was that xuv is a truck with heavy steering column so we can't compare it that way.

In general, I felt that they are trying to avoid any work. I saw too many xuv on service on Saturday.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:02   #1232
BHPian

Today my Xuv(i) is celebrating 1st birthday; ODO 18K.

My issue list,

1. Cabinet krr krr noise from odo cluster panel.
2. Folding Seat or rear suspension noise.
3. Suspension thak thak noise.

hope above issue fixed by India garage during 4th service which is due on this week.
Tushargohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:28   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
You know what is the most bugging thing?
Alright, maybe not the MOST, but it's quite irritating. The trip meter can go only upto 1000kms!
Even the Scorpio had a 2000km trip meter!
Is this Mahindra's way of telling us not to drive it too much at a time?
Both my Honda city and Hyundai Accent had trip meters only up 1000kms. Never felt any issue with it during long trips as I had an eye on the odometer along with the trip meter for any calculation. But after having used a 2k trip meter, you might be feeling a little irritated.

The same way I feel everytime I need to press the trip meter button on restarting the car. Both the other cars always displayed the trip meter instead of the odo meter once it was set and never went back to the odometer on restarting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
have been complaining for soft and spongy brakes to my RM for some time. Went to service center. initially they all were of the opinion that it is soft by design and they can not do anything. Lately on pressing hard, they did brake bleeding and it improved by about 10%. I am little relaxed now. But yes, brakes are not like sedans and one has to be aware of it. I always have tough time to adjust to xuv brakes after driving my cedia.

There is some krr krr noise from dash board on pressing the accelerator. RM told that it is also by design and it comes out of some air intake in VGT turbo. I do not remember this noise on test drive. Can someone confirm. They should have at least insulated for cabin. On test vehicle, there was some humming noise from turbo which I don't get in my xuv
Its high time the RM's were showcased in the "Believe it or not" series. They come up with the most unbelievable stories and explain them in the most believable manner.

When I discussed with my RM during the first service regarding the ineffective brakes, he gave me the following reason. XUV has disc brakes all around with some latest braking technologies like ABS, EBD etc. Hence on hard braking, there was the possibility of the back of the vehicle lifting, in short doing a stoppie.... .. The reason Mahindra has provided the ineffective brakes for safety reasons... I actually dint know how to respond to this reason and told him I would gladly exchange all these technologies to have a stopping brake system than a stoppie brake system.

Believe we should have a separate thread for all such stories and reasons provided by RM's and service guys not just for XUV but any car. It would really be a stress breaker to read in between.

FundaG

Last edited by fundagenie : 3rd December 2012 at 14:46.
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:36   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie

Both my Honda city and Hyundai Accent had trip meters only up 1000kms.

FundaG
Really? Both those cars?
I wonder why they can't give a trip meter upto a reasonable figure of say 10000 kms?
Or do they think trips should not exceed 1000kms at a time?
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:04   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Really? Both those cars?
I wonder why they can't give a trip meter upto a reasonable figure of say 10000 kms?
Or do they think trips should not exceed 1000kms at a time?
By having a 10000Kms trip meter, wouldnt it be similar to an odo. Also the 2 main uses for a trip meter are to easily understand the distance travelled during a trip and do mileage calculations. XUV has a 70 litre tank . Even with a mileage of 14kmpl it would mean 980 kms. So i feel a 1000kms trip meter should be good enough for most of the times.

THe issue I noticed with the trip meter was it stops at 999kms and sometimes when we fail to press the trip meter button on restart, it runs in the background and we wont even realise it has reached the limit. For both my other cars the trip meter (A or B or both) that is set automatically continues past the 999kms. Maybe on this account a 2k or 3k trip meter would have been better.

Hope we are not going OT on the trip meter setup here.

FundaG
Old 3rd December 2012, 16:56   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Turns out the flashing was to add something they call eManual. It's a video based tutorial for all the major features cataloged as any online help.
Hi. Is it similar to the interactive CD which came with the vehicle - had nice video based instructions on almost all the features.
Old 3rd December 2012, 19:01   #1237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_raja View Post
Hi. Is it similar to the interactive CD which came with the vehicle - had nice video based instructions on almost all the features.
If you got a CD then it must be similar to that. I did not get any CD though.
Old 4th December 2012, 00:39   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Turns out the flashing was to add something they call eManual. It's a video based tutorial for all the major features cataloged as any online help.
Thanks for the info Zappo. Are you sure this was the real reason for calling customer back to workshop in an emergency? Cant they update the eManual during one of the scheduled service? Do you guys think there is something more to it, but M&M wants to hide it from us ?

What is your vehicle manufacturing date? I didn't get a call yet and mine is an April 12' manufactured.
Thanks
--HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 4th December 2012 at 00:41.
Old 4th December 2012, 11:44   #1239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Thanks for the info Zappo. Are you sure this was the real reason for calling customer back to workshop in an emergency? Cant they update the eManual during one of the scheduled service? Do you guys think there is something more to it, but M&M wants to hide it from us ?

What is your vehicle manufacturing date? I didn't get a call yet and mine is an April 12' manufactured.
Thanks
--HCP
See, they did not do anything other than flashing. I was there all the while. It is possible that M&M would have asked them to ensure within certain timeperiod the XUVs on the road need to have the update. Looking at the workload they have through the week the A.S.S. might have figured that the best bet for them is to work one or may be two Sundays and clear off the biggest possible chunk. It is possible that they called me because they figured that I just completed my service 3 days back and possibly won't be back with them in a while. Customers like me were probably called in out of the band to get this done. Rest will probably have this in their upcoming services.

On the outset it definitely looks like the only visible addition is the "?" symbol as the fourth one at the bottom after the home, alert and the 3rd icon (forgot the 3rd one).
Old 4th December 2012, 11:50   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
See, they did not do anything other than flashing. I was there all the while.
That's odd. I was just in for my 5k service and I didn't receive the update. But I was told that an update for the infotainment and MMI was around the corner.

Quote:
It is possible that they called me because they figured that I just completed my service 3 days back and possibly won't be back with them in a while. Customers like me were probably called in out of the band to get this done. Rest will probably have this in their upcoming services.
Were there other customers there as well who had come in solely for the flashing?

Quote:
On the outset it definitely looks like the only visible addition is the "?" symbol as the fourth one at the bottom after the home, alert and the 3rd icon (forgot the 3rd one).
... music
Old 4th December 2012, 12:49   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

... music
Not music.. i think Zappo is referring to the icon that takes us back to the previous screen.

FundaG
Old 4th December 2012, 15:10   #1242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's odd. I was just in for my 5k service and I didn't receive the update. But I was told that an update for the infotainment and MMI was around the corner.
Yep... so was I on last Wednesday. And then they called me up on Saturday to do this. So you may also get a call soon. I guess it also depends on how your A.S.S. is planning to undertake the operation.

Quote:
Were there other customers there as well who had come in solely for the flashing?
The A.S.S. was opened this Sunday just to undertake this operation. They do not open otherwise on the Sundays.

Quote:
... music
Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Not music.. i think Zappo is referring to the icon that takes us back to the previous screen.
FundaG
There you are. Yes, the Previous button. There are Home, Alert and Prev buttons (soft buttons) on the screen. Now there is a 4th one as well. Its the "?" sign. That triggers the eManual.

P.S. : That ? sign looks so low rent! They could have got that designed with a little more panache. At least, too match that ! sign for alert may be? The one that they have now put in looks hurriedly drawn on a pixel editor by you or me. Not at all professional looking.

Last edited by Zappo : 4th December 2012 at 15:14.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 16:57   #1243
BHPian

Mahindra launches BlueSense App for Android

Mahindra has launched their second app for Android phones [Yippee for Mahindra, and Yippee for me being an Android user]

I've just downloaded the app and I can't wait to test it out when i get to my car! Prima facie it looks fabulous!

It'll give you:
Vehicle info such as tiretronics, climate control, fuel stats and lamp/wiper status.
Controls [which I'm unable to open because the phone is not paired with the car right now.
Warnings: all the basic alerts that are there in the "!" section of the infotainment system.
Reminders for Insurance, servicing, etc

Quote:
See, they did not do anything other than flashing. I was there all the while.
Quote:
The A.S.S. was opened this Sunday just to undertake this operation. They do not open otherwise on the Sundays.
Could THIS be the reason for the software upgrade?

http://motorbash.com/mahindra-launch...pp-for-xuv5oo/
Mr Rajan Wadhera has been quoted in the article:
We have ensured that over 41000 existing XUV500 owners can also upgrade their XUV500 with the Mahindra BLUE SENSE® APP. They just have to contact their nearest authorized XUV500 dealership for the same.

Obviously for the infotainment system to share the info with the Android phone, you need to upgrade the software of the infotainment system.
Maybe the upgrade was that.
Old 4th December 2012, 19:24   #1244
Team-BHP Support

Now I will need to check on whether they added this feature also in my car. Basically, they are now making every possible feature available to you through a remote! Your mobile becomes the remote and the car responds to your commands and responds back. This looks primarily to be aimed at the back seat Sethjis though. Pretty innovative!
Old 5th December 2012, 11:14   #1245
BHPian

Re: Mahindra launches BlueSense App for Android

Quote:
The one that they have now put in looks hurriedly drawn on a pixel editor by you or me. Not at all professional looking.
Not by me in any chance since am a professional designer...

Quote:
Mahindra has launched their second app for Android phones [Yippee for Mahindra, and Yippee for me being an Android user]

I've just downloaded the app and I can't wait to test it out when i get to my car! Prima facie it looks fabulous!

It'll give you:
Vehicle info such as tiretronics, climate control, fuel stats and lamp/wiper status.
Controls [which I'm unable to open because the phone is not paired with the car right now.
Warnings: all the basic alerts that are there in the "!" section of the infotainment system.
Reminders for Insurance, servicing, etc

Wow thats damn cool.. Have to check it out though my software has not been updated to the one with the "?" mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
After the tire rotation was done during the first service the tpms keeps showing the pressure on the left front tyre is low. Have tried filling air a couple of times, but still the warning keeps popping up once in a while. At times the warning is displayed on starting the car and after a few kms, it becomes normal again.

FundaG
So any one faced a above issue earlier.

Had taken it to the service centre and got the tire swapped with the spare one, as all the tires were showing as OK at the time and to check it out thoroughly would take a couple of hours. But again today morning onwards the alert is back that the pressure is low on the front left tyre. And this time its not switching off even after a few kms of running.

Would it be because the spare tire is filled to a lower pressure of 30 and needs to upped to 32?

FundaG

Last edited by fundagenie : 5th December 2012 at 11:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks