Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 22:58   #1021

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Hey friends,

I got the 1st service done at 3000 km and next is due in another 2 months with just 3300 on the clock. my Rm says to get the first 3 services done on time so as not to void warranty and after that once a year should be fine.
Also some updated on the issues i was facing
1. The left wiper had left a deep impression on the glass. In the service the glass has been replaced and a new designed wipers (as per Rm) have been provided
2. Break pads were changed, since then have not heard any break noise
3. Front right side windows used to rattle when half opened. The motor was changed and glass feels better now without any noise

Thanks to my manager Mr Khalid at the Bhasin motors mathura road delhi, who had has his fair share of scoldings from me, the car feels far better now
Old 10th October 2012, 12:23   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
You're right it probably is because of the angle of the windshield, but it's considerably more over the central console.

Well, my accessories guy had a solution to this.
He fitted a vinyl matte sticker strip over the shiny areas and lo behold! the reflection's almost gone! Very happy with the job.

Pre-op [in the shade, but still visible]
Attachment 997591

Post-op [in bright sunlight]
Attachment 997592

What was done
Attachment 997593
Thanks kaiserketkar! Seems like a good solution. Isn't this sticker hindering opening the glove box? Also the picture seems hazy after the sticker was placed, is this the camera or is this some kind of a side effect?
finally do you have pic of the sticker before it was stuck? It will be easier to show this to some of the accessory shops to ensure they get the idea.
Old 10th October 2012, 15:11   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Thanks kaiserketkar! Seems like a good solution. Isn't this sticker hindering opening the glove box? Also the picture seems hazy after the sticker was placed, is this the camera or is this some kind of a side effect?
finally do you have pic of the sticker before it was stuck? It will be easier to show this to some of the accessory shops to ensure they get the idea.
I don't have a foto of the sticker before it was stuck. But it's the same one put on the roof/ bonnet of some hatches [you may have seen it most commonly in the Swift] and also used to black out the B- and C-pillars [including your XUV ]. Hope this helps.

The photo was before the cut was given for the latch to be freed up. Didn't have a sharp blade at that time to do the needful.

The picture is hazy because a] this is from a cellphone camera, and b] I also had v-kool fitted the same day, and it came with strict instructions not to be disturbed [read cleaned] for 3-4 days.
Old 10th October 2012, 15:31   #1024
BHPian

When I booked my XUV, this thread was almost half, well, even then I had the ahemmm heart to book it and got the truck (w6 one). First thing that I told myslef, that this is a Mahindra and be prepared to get married to rattles and niggles my boy. Driving a Baleno for all these years and acceptance doesnt come that easy. But then again, Acceptance at times is bliss. Point is if I had the dough I could have spent it on a almost niggle free Rangerover or even a T-Fort for that matter , which I dont have.

The niggles so far :

a) At times the AC issue, warm air throw, for around 2-5 minutes.
b) Both Static bending head lamps lights up irrespective of the direction of the turn.
c) Usual Shake- Rattle & Hum.
d) A whine ( only to my ear, mind it) none of my co-passenger ever experienced it during accelration.
e) Front door allignment issue ( which sumone said is due to airlock) let me check with the window rolled down.
d) the Average stuck to 9 kmpl in the infotainment irrespective of 150 kms of highway driving within 2.5k RPM in 5th/6th gear. Overall average = 9.8 kmpl of DIESEL and I am happy trust me.
f) Ultra dud adio quality.

But total thumbsup to the drive, so unlikely of a quarter to three tonner truck, though am yet to cross 1000km and the proverbial embargo of sub 2.5kRPM and 85-100max speed limiter, I am sure this baby can pull and comfortably cruise.

2ndly, I realy appreciate the effort M&M is taking to iron out the issues that we are facing. Just a small example. The rear RHS passenger door was not opening within 45 mins of buying the car and parking in my garage. Infuriated I called the sales guy and within 45 mins a gang of 5 guys came from the service centre changed the whole damn mechanism of the lock, apologized and left. THIS IS GOOD CUSTOMER CARE ! Skeptics would argue on QC , so do I, and infact still do, what pacifies me is that the way the M&M is trying to handle the issues. Atleast thats possitive! Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping they continue their possitivenes!
me_sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 15:31   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi83 View Post
I got the 1st service done at 3000 km and next is due in another 2 months with just 3300 on the clock. my RM says to get the first 3 services done on time so as not to void warranty and after that once a year should be fine.
Do the second and third free services include mandatory oil / filter replacement? If so, in the event the car clocks very little mileage (say, only 1000 km) between the first and second service (which falls due time-wise) would the oil / filter still be changed?

Why don't you take up the matter with M&M customer service requesting that in view of less running of the car your 2nd service should be deferred without affecting warranty? Logical requests like this may not be turned down by M&M.

Last edited by debuda : 10th October 2012 at 15:34.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 16:00   #1026
BHPian

First service at 3000km? Service manual states 5k. Am I missing something out here.
Old 10th October 2012, 16:12   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
b) Both Static bending head lamps lights up irrespective of the direction of the turn.
d) A whine ( only to my ear, mind it) none of my co-passenger ever experienced it during accelration.
e) Front door allignment issue ( which sumone said is due to airlock) let me check with the window rolled down.
d) the Average stuck to 9 kmpl in the infotainment irrespective of 150 kms of highway driving within 2.5k RPM in 5th/6th gear. Overall average = 9.8 kmpl of DIESEL and I am happy trust me.
a] If you're keeping it on 'Auto' try switching that off and just keeping the AC on, without the 'Econ' mode. Maybe that'll help. Else you'll probably need to show it to the servicenter.
b] That's how the static bending lights are in the XUV. They're not direction specific. Lighting up all around, wherever they go
d] The whine might be of the turbocharger... give it sometime and you'll start to love it- it's almost addictive!
e] From what I understand, it's a catch 22 situation when it comes to the door. If it's aligned properly, it needs more force to close [and sometimes a couple of attempts], if the door closes easily, it doesn't align with the body. Something to do with the positioning and adjustment of the latch according to what i was told.
d again?! ] Did you try to reset the average with the button on the touchscreen? did it still continue to show 9? If yes, then you'll probably need to get the software flashed again.
f] +1 to that. I think it's more the Head Unit than the speakers, because the same song sounds so much better when played on Bluetooth from my HTC [with the Beats Audio enhancement] than on USB.
Old 10th October 2012, 16:33   #1028
BHPian

Good news for xuv owners residing in gurgaon. A new service station - GSP motors has opened up near hero honda chowk and from what i have heard they are much more professional than sterling. i had a small chat with the rm on the phone and he seemed a pleasant guy and addressed my queries very patiently.
OTH sterling is pathetic in attending customer and addressing issues.
Old 10th October 2012, 18:01   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
a] If you're keeping it on 'Auto' try switching that off and just keeping the AC on, without the 'Econ' mode. Maybe that'll help. Else you'll probably need to show it to the servicenter.
b] That's how the static bending lights are in the XUV. They're not direction specific. Lighting up all around, wherever they go
d] The whine might be of the turbocharger... give it sometime and you'll start to love it- it's almost addictive!
e] From what I understand, it's a catch 22 situation when it comes to the door. If it's aligned properly, it needs more force to close [and sometimes a couple of attempts], if the door closes easily, it doesn't align with the body. Something to do with the positioning and adjustment of the latch according to what i was told.
d again?! ] Did you try to reset the average with the button on the touchscreen? did it still continue to show 9? If yes, then you'll probably need to get the software flashed again.
f] +1 to that. I think it's more the Head Unit than the speakers, because the same song sounds so much better when played on Bluetooth from my HTC [with the Beats Audio enhancement] than on USB.
a) Eco mode and size is indirectly proportional that much I know brother, hence I dont bother tinkering that ECO switch. Its a problem which needs to be checked

b) Revelation! And if its that then I would say its kinda half hearted.

c) Turbo sound I know, this is aint that, again in the checklist

d) Ok thats kinda reassuring, if its alligned it will take 2 attempts

e) Reseting the average ? Oh yes I did stuck to 9kmpl like a jilted lover. In the checklist.

f) Time now to follow the audio threads for XUV5OO.

Thanks for your suggestions @Kaiserketkar. Do keep in touch bro!

Ciao,
Sid
Old 10th October 2012, 21:52   #1030

Note from mod team: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Do the second and third free services include mandatory oil / filter replacement? If so, in the event the car clocks very little mileage (say, only 1000 km) between the first and second service (which falls due time-wise) would the oil / filter still be changed?

Why don't you take up the matter with M&M customer service requesting that in view of less running of the car your 2nd service should be deferred without affecting warranty? Logical requests like this may not be turned down by M&M.
Hey thanks for the suggestion.Will ask my rm about it. First time also he had delayed the service by 1 month because of the same reason. Lets see what he does this time.

Quote:
First service at 3000km? Service manual states 5k. Am I missing something out here.
Hey, first service is due at 5000 km or 3 months whichever is earlier, so had to go for it despite low odo.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th October 2012 at 22:22. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 13:12   #1031
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Moderator Note : Please discuss ONLY niggles & problems on this thread. General discussions on the XUV500 can continue on the Official Review (or your own ownership report).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 20:45   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
When I booked my XUV, this thread was almost half, well, even then I had the ahemmm heart to book it and got the truck (w6 one). First thing that I told myslef, that this is a Mahindra and be prepared to get married to rattles and niggles my boy. Driving a Baleno for all these years and acceptance doesnt come that easy. But then again, Acceptance at times is bliss.
The niggles so far :

Congratulations and Good luck on the drives.. I am also a Baleno owner now and have booked a Black W6 one. would like to know how different in comfortability wise when you drive W6 and baleno.

Which month is your W6 manufactured?
When did you book it and when was it delivered?
Old 12th October 2012, 09:56   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post
Congratulations and Good luck on the drives.. I am also a Baleno owner now and have booked a Black W6 one. would like to know how different in comfortability wise when you drive W6 and baleno.

Which month is your W6 manufactured?
When did you book it and when was it delivered?
Hi balenoboy. First thing that you should start chanting is that you are buying a truck. And then everything is smooth. XUV has got power, it pulls, it even corners better than the scorp or the the Safari, negligible body roll. But dont even dream of driving it like your Baleno.Its a truck eventualy! And yes please go thru the 69 pages of this thread, and prepare yourself.

Mines a August Manufactured one, got delivery in 5 months

Also as its been suggested, there are other dedicated threads for the experience why dont we discuss out there?
Old 12th October 2012, 14:36   #1034
BHPian

Anyone else thinks the projector headlights- the dipper, is kind of weak/inefficient on the highway or in the rains? Also the fog lamps are pretty much useless. I see absolutely no illumination from the fog lamp onto the road. To the point where I one day actually go out to check if the lamps were indeed working.

For the dipper, I was suggested to go in for HIDs, and boy did that make a difference!
The difference is stark and the roads are bright and sunny again!

I'm still wondering what to do about the fog lamps though. It's not really worth putting in another 8-10k for the fog lamps. And I don't think just upsizing the bulbs is goinng to help either. Any other solutions?
kaiserketkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 14:48   #1035
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyone else thinks the projector headlights- the dipper, is kind of weak/inefficient on the highway or in the rains? Also the fog lamps are pretty much useless. I see absolutely no illumination from the fog lamp onto the road. To the point where I one day actually go out to check if the lamps were indeed working.

For the dipper, I was suggested to go in for HIDs, and boy did that make a difference!
The difference is stark and the roads are bright and sunny again!
Yes, the low-beam is weak at highway speeds. It works OK in city. But at highway speeds and in rain/drizzle/fog situations its quite inadequate.

That's a bold move upgrading to HIDs. Can you please share some details about it? What brand, how much, wire-cutting? Was this done at the Mahindra A.S.S. ?

Quote:
I'm still wondering what to do about the fog lamps though. It's not really worth putting in another 8-10k for the fog lamps. And I don't think just upsizing the bulbs is goinng to help either. Any other solutions?
The fogs are pretty much useless. On highways, I put them on just to make my vehicle that much more visible to others.

How about putting the low-beam blubs (that you replaced with HID) in the fog-lamps?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks