Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2012, 14:58   #856
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Has anybody faced this minor irritant - the driver side mat (fabric mat, bought from the Dealership) on my XUV keeps shifting forward and bunching up under the pedals. I need to pull it back into place before the start of a drive.
Another car (a '99 Corolla CE in the US) i owned earlier used to have a small hook on the floor under the seat to prevent exactly this.

Anybody else facing this? Any solutions?
I have been considering stitching a velcro piece to the bottom of the mat so that it holds on to the floor carpet. See any glitches with this idea?
iride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 15:53   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iride View Post
Anybody else facing this? Any solutions?
I have been considering stitching a velcro piece to the bottom of the mat so that it holds on to the floor carpet. See any glitches with this idea?
May not directly related to XUV but many friends have this problem on other cars. Some simpl replaced the fabric ones with rubber / plastic variety.

Velcro is a good DIY job and will help, but over a period of time, the velcro itself might need replcement.
Old 18th August 2012, 17:51   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iride View Post
Has anybody faced this minor irritant - the driver side mat (fabric mat, bought from the Dealership) on my XUV keeps shifting forward and bunching up under the pedals. I need to pull it back into place before the start of a drive.
Believe this is more of an issue with the mat rather than the car. I face this issue with the mats in both my City, Accent and Innova. The best option would be to get 3d mats which would fit properly within the area.

FundaG
Old 18th August 2012, 21:53   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind

The iPhone app is also out as of today.

-- Wind
Not able to get this app in my ipad, maybe coz i use an US account on my ipad. Not even able to see it in the store.
Old 19th August 2012, 00:53   #860
BHPian

Hi. I have noticed a very strange thing in my XUV. When I turn on the AC in normal mode(air direction only on the face of the passengers), there is a certain amount of flow from the air vents at the feet of both the front and rear passengers. At lower ac speeds and lower air volumes, this is not noticeable, but at higher ac speeds i can distinctly feel cold air coming in the feet area too. I have 3 other cars too & i tried to see for the same situation in them also, but air flow from the feet ac vents is negligible. The downside to the above happening is that when I'm alone and driving the car and put the ac flow at level 1(lowest), there is comparatively lesser cool air blowing towards my face.

Is it normal for other XUV owners too , and is it possible to eradicate the flow from the lower ac vents?
Old 19th August 2012, 08:27   #861
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo

Not able to get this app in my ipad, maybe coz i use an US account on my ipad. Not even able to see it in the store.
The app is currently for iPhone only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc
Hi. I have noticed a very strange thing in my XUV. When I turn on the AC in normal mode(air direction only on the face of the passengers), there is a certain amount of flow from the air vents at the feet of both the front and rear passengers. At lower ac speeds and lower air volumes, this is not noticeable, but at higher ac speeds i can distinctly feel cold air coming in the feet area too. I have 3 other cars too & i tried to see for the same situation in them also, but air flow from the feet ac vents is negligible. The downside to the above happening is that when I'm alone and driving the car and put the ac flow at level 1(lowest), there is comparatively lesser cool air blowing towards my face.

Is it normal for other XUV owners too , and is it possible to eradicate the flow from the lower ac vents?
Does it continue to come from floor vents or stops after a minute or so?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th August 2012 at 08:41. Reason: back to back posts. please use multiquote feature to quote & reply to multiple posts
Old 19th August 2012, 13:31   #862

Hi Guys,
I got delivery of my XUV a month back, I am facing this problem with ESP, Hill Descent & Hill Accend control all the 3 switches turning on display panel. I showed it to G3 Service Center they checked the diagnostics using USB connection after that it went away for few hours but the next day it again started showing up .Now the G3 person says that they'll need to check the break switch, I don't want to go again and again to service center.

I am worried cause my vehicle is not even a month old and this does not look like a simple issue, earlier also I had to get wheels aligned and get gears checked as the second gear was also not getting placed easily.

Long time owners could you please advice whether you ever get glitch free experience ? If not then I will have to ditch this vehicle as early as possible and go with more reputed manufacturer like Toyota or Renault.

-Thanks in advance
Old 19th August 2012, 18:54   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchulet View Post
Hi Guys,
I got delivery of my XUV a month back, I am facing this problem with ESP, Hill Descent & Hill Accend control all the 3 switches turning on display panel. ....
....Long time owners could you please advice whether you ever get glitch free experience ? If not then I will have to ditch this vehicle as early as possible and go with more reputed manufacturer like Toyota or Renault.

-Thanks in advance
The issues you are facing with ESP, Hill Descent & hold have not yet been reported by anyone in this forum. You can spend some time going through this thread and then you will get a fair idea of the experience owners have had with this vehicle.

--Wind
Old 19th August 2012, 18:58   #864
BHPian

^
I wouldn't worry too much about Hill ascend & descend. Don't spoil the ownership experience by going to the SC repeatedly. That's exactly what i did with my FIAT and came very close to selling the car. I just tell the SC to sort out the problems whenever the car is due for servicing.

I actually cancelled my XUV just recently after reading all the niggles and problems. I would rather not have the car than face all these niggles after our ownership horrors with FIAT, Skoda, Tata & M&M.

However i'll say this about M&M, their next gen XUV will be much more mature and reliable. That's what we learned from our ownership of Scorpio. The 2002-2004 Scorpio was a UV destined to fail. Their 2006-2008 was a tad better, but they finally got it right with the current generation (2008-2012) Scorpio. Really good but far from their bulletproof Bolero. Now that's a Utility Vehicle that should have case studies done on.
krreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 00:31   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkingsley View Post
The app is currently for iPhone only.

Does it continue to come from floor vents or stops after a minute or so?
Yes. It does continuously. Is it a feature cos i really think if thats the case and cant be corrected, then i would be really pissed.
Old 20th August 2012, 00:56   #866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
The issues you are facing with ESP, Hill Descent & hold have not yet been reported by anyone in this forum. You can spend some time going through this thread and then you will get a fair idea of the experience owners have had with this vehicle.

--Wind
Hi Wind,
I did spend better half my Sunday going as many messages Try to find similar problem statement.

-Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by krreddy View Post
I actually cancelled my XUV just recently after reading all the niggles and problems. I would rather not have the car than face all these niggles after our ownership horrors with FIAT, Skoda, Tata & M&M.
Good advice Mr. Reddy, will try to follow it.
Old 20th August 2012, 09:30   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchulet View Post
I am worried cause my vehicle is not even a month old and this does not look like a simple issue, earlier also I had to get wheels aligned and get gears checked as the second gear was also not getting placed easily.

Long time owners could you please advice whether you ever get glitch free experience ? If not then I will have to ditch this vehicle as early as possible and go with more reputed manufacturer like Toyota or Renault.
-Thanks in advance
mChulet - You may have to visit the A.S.S till your problem is satisfactorily resolved. They generally do the trial and error method to resovle the issue. XUV is a good vehicle but niggles do come up from time to time.

O.T : Did you check whether hill hold is working or not? Try it on a flyover or a small incline.

I dont think you need to go to the extent of selling your XUV but if you are really frustrated, then Toyota would be your best bet.
Old 20th August 2012, 10:25   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krreddy View Post
^
I wouldn't worry too much about Hill ascend & descend. Don't spoil the ownership experience by going to the SC repeatedly. That's exactly what i did with my FIAT and came very close to selling the car. I just tell the SC to sort out the problems whenever the car is due for servicing.

However i'll say this about M&M, their next gen XUV will be much more mature and reliable. That's what we learned from our ownership of Scorpio. The 2002-2004 Scorpio was a UV destined to fail. Their 2006-2008 was a tad better, but they finally got it right with the current generation (2008-2012) Scorpio. Really good but far from their bulletproof Bolero. Now that's a Utility Vehicle that should have case studies done on.
Actually you are right. The more picky one gets, the more grief it is going to cause. Best is to document the issues and get them sorted out during the service during which M&M A.S.S is more than willing to sort them out. As long as the gem of an engine and the creature comforts that the vehicle has to offer works fine, it always puts a smile on my face
Old 20th August 2012, 15:57   #869
BHPian

HI VRRAju, Regarding Waxoyl, I am asking about Waxoyl Paint protection. Dealer is offering this a very high price. I checked it online for Waxoyl Paint protection with 100 Plus sealant which will protect your paint shine for more than a year. Where Can i get this done is my question and not the detailing.
Old 21st August 2012, 17:57   #870
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
The blower speed niggle is the first one has heard, negative in my case.
Could you care to elaborate on the bigger issues related to design flaws ?
It appears only at times. Normally, when the ACC is on, to keep/maintain a steady temp (as selected by you) the blower increases or drops its speed besides the AC cooling intensity. At least thats what I have seen.

However I just noticed that this is seemingly happening even when the ACC is not on. I am now a little circumspect now on whether the fan/blower speed should fluctuate at all in the first place, ACC or no ACC. The fluctuation also is visible as the display shows every change of speed on the screen.

Last edited by Zappo : 21st August 2012 at 17:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks