Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2012, 19:11   #601
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Nitin, although I have not noticed this till now, specifically tried this today. Paired my Blackberry and I could control the volume from the other party by using the rotary volume control of the main infotainment system. I don't believe its an issue with what device is paired (Samsung, BB or otherwise). Please check your BT s/w version. Mine is 3.24.7
Thanks SDP. Could you please advice how do i check s/w version?
Old 14th July 2012, 19:17   #602
SDP
Team-BHP Support

^^^
On W8,
Mute and >>Seek pressed together gives you the firmware version details.
TA and List pressed together gives you the MapMyIndia maps version.
Old 14th July 2012, 20:21   #603
BHPian

Update on Infotainment issue: Replaced the whole unit except the display and looks like I am turning lucky with this. No hangs , track skipping, reboots yet. Most importantly the left side channels output become same as right side. Now the whole stereo sounds much better.Thanks to my RM who helped me through this.
-HCP
Old 16th July 2012, 09:30   #604
BHPian

Here is what my version numbers after the IS replacement:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-dsc_0185.jpg  

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 16th July 2012 at 09:37.
Old 16th July 2012, 10:48   #605
Senior - BHPian

Does the XUV comes with MMI SD Card or the CD? On the SD card if you look it up on a laptop the version number is available there. On CD i have noticed there are problems in reading because of dust.

Clutch failure such early in the ownership, is Mahindra proactively replacing clutch? also i see only @JeepSomeDay reporting the clutch failure problem, are there many others. Apologies i have just started reading this thread and have gone back to few pages only.
Old 16th July 2012, 12:44   #606
BHPian

Ok, let me add one more issue here. I was coming down from Kasol (Himachal) to Delhi last night. After reaching Delhi, I stopped at a metro station to drop someone. When I started my engine again, AC Blowers stopped working. Tried everything, but they didn't move at all though rear AC blower was working.
Feels to irritating after 12 hours of peace ride, then, in delhi - you have to turn down window panes or else, you will gonna suffocate.

However, after 30 odd mins, then again started working :(
Silly car , I must say.
Old 16th July 2012, 12:54   #607
Team-BHP Support

Had the same problem with Thar AC blower two days back when I was driving back from Wayanad OTR. This was a Thar belonging to Mahindra Adventure team. Two hours later, the blower came back to life. Is there common parts between XUV and Thar?
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 22:21   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Had the same problem with Thar AC blower two days back when I was driving back from Wayanad OTR. This was a Thar belonging to Mahindra Adventure team. Two hours later, the blower came back to life. Is there common parts between XUV and Thar?
Just like their engine start stop technology maybe this is a new feature by Mahindra wherein the Blower switches off for a couple of hours so that the AC cannot be used and fuel efficiency increases .

My 4 month old XUV wiper blades have scratched the front windshield(very visible and thick marks. I changed the stock wipers to bosch aerotwins but the scratch's cannot be removed i tried glass cleaner, rubbing compound etc but no use, The marks looks horrible on an otherwise immaculate vehicle. Can i claim warranty and ask them to replace the front windshield?
Old 16th July 2012, 22:49   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
. Can i claim warranty and ask them to replace the front windshield?
Why not? You should be getting the warranty as it happened due to defective wiper blades in place.
-HCP
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 00:59   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Just like their engine start stop technology maybe this is a new feature by Mahindra wherein the Blower switches off for a couple of hours so that the AC cannot be used and fuel efficiency increases .

My 4 month old XUV wiper blades have scratched the front windshield(very visible and thick marks. I changed the stock wipers to bosch aerotwins but the scratch's cannot be removed i tried glass cleaner, rubbing compound etc but no use, The marks looks horrible on an otherwise immaculate vehicle. Can i claim warranty and ask them to replace the front windshield?
Can you post a pic of the windscreen here for everyone to see. My XUV too have started to get a slight marking from the right side wiper.
Old 17th July 2012, 01:23   #611
Team-BHP Support

If we look at the current on road prices of W8, its threatening to breach the 16 lakh mark soon. At this price it is no more an inexpensive car. Heck, its actually pretty costly. Anything more than 1.5 million IS costly. And yet, I fail to understand why M&M is trying to make do with some definitively cheap components.

Sounds like the wiper is a problem. However I have a theory here. I have closely watched this design. In my opinion the wiper shrouds made of metal are a wee bit too heavy. This makes the blades to bend and immediately the metal scratches the glass. Either the blades need to be thick and heavy or else M&M should redesign that shroud with something lighter.

Quote:
Zappo, I had a feeling that I had seen it somewhere. Searched for it yesterday. Here's how to access it: Press the Menu button -> Sound -> Volume -> Navigation Volume.

Enjoy!
Thats great. I need to spend some more time fiddling with all these myriad controls to get a better feel. 3 months almost and I am yet to learn the inner workings of many of these features. Will try this out.

However, I seriously feel that this is a very non intuitive place to put in the Navigation volume. Its not treasure hunt for god's sake. Someone driving on the road with Nav should ideally have a volume control access on that screen itself. And here we have it in a totally different section!

Quote:
^^^
On W8,
Mute and >>Seek pressed together gives you the firmware version details.
TA and List pressed together gives you the MapMyIndia maps version.
Somehow I could not make this work on my W8. It just does not seem to work. nada. Either it jumps to the next track or else mutes the volume. I tried one by one, simultaneous press and release, simultaneous press, hold and then release. But no go!
Old 17th July 2012, 02:54   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Somehow I could not make this work on my W8. It just does not seem to work. nada. Either it jumps to the next track or else mutes the volume. I tried one by one, simultaneous press and release, simultaneous press, hold and then release. But no go!
I had the same problem when i tried it with the ignition on but engine was off.You need to switch on the engine for the key combo to work.
dockap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 11:19   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
However, I seriously feel that this is a very non intuitive place to put in the Navigation volume. Its not treasure hunt for god's sake. Someone driving on the road with Nav should ideally have a volume control access on that screen itself. And here we have it in a totally different section!
Regarding the volume for MMI, I'm using it on my phone (the s/w version comes for WM6.5) for past couple of years (since I retired my WM6.5 and using it as a GPS device since then).
With the s/w that I have for WM6.5, a translucent volume icon is right there on the screen, I can access it anytime while its navigating (not recommended duirng driving ) and adjust the volume. If the one in the W8 is the same interface (which it looks like from the pictures), you should have it on the screen, center, left. Its a bit transperent so wont affect navigation in the background.
Old 17th July 2012, 12:24   #614
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Regarding the volume for MMI, I'm using it on my phone (the s/w version comes for WM6.5) for past couple of years (since I retired my WM6.5 and using it as a GPS device since then).
With the s/w that I have for WM6.5, a translucent volume icon is right there on the screen, I can access it anytime while its navigating (not recommended duirng driving ) and adjust the volume. If the one in the W8 is the same interface (which it looks like from the pictures), you should have it on the screen, center, left. Its a bit transperent so wont affect navigation in the background.
In W8, while in Navigation mode, on the screen you have a mute/un-mute button and not a proper volume control.
Old 17th July 2012, 12:45   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In W8, while in Navigation mode, on the screen you have a mute/un-mute button and not a proper volume control.
oh, I'm sorry, I might have confused it with the mute button then. Sorry about that, I use it occasionally on my long trips so might have confused it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks