Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2012, 18:47   #541
Senior - BHPian

Good one Sid!
Glad to hear your trip in that monster went well. I think the M&M vehicles are good from a mechanical perspective. Electronics however are subject to the realms of conjecture.
Old 7th July 2012, 23:40   #542
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Hi there, my first post here... So, I have plonked down the money for a brand new W8 here in Hyderabad (VVC Motors) and was having a conversation with the sales guy about the final list of accessories and other miscellaneous "treatments" they had on offer.

The one I have a question about is the "underbody treatment". They claim to be using some Wruth product which, post application to the underbody, looks mostly like tar. Now, since the XUV is a modern monocoque and as can be seen on this youtube (start at 4:55) goes through a thorough anti corrosion treatment, what is the value of this "underbody treatment" at the dealer or A.S.S.?
Old 8th July 2012, 10:45   #543
BHPian

hello iride and other distinguished members - I am new here and nedesome advice. Not sure if this is the right thread to post this.
Anyways, we have decided on the XUV W8 after much thought and comparisons with the duster (will post my view on the duster separately). Went down to VVC and AML motors in Hyderabad and heard from the sales reps that about 80K of accessories are part of the on road price and they did not seem to offer the option of doing away with some of these. I don't think if I need all the accessories that are part of this package. for ex: they have a set top box from AVANI for about 20K. Who needs this? There were quite a few other items that I really don't need (for ex underbody treatment, maybe even the side step - would prefer a good aftermarket one, don't like the chrome option). Can we pick and choose the accessories? I would think so, but the sales reps seemed very reluctant and I did not push them as I wanted to hear from other owners/members first.
Also, I noticed that there are minor differences in the prices of accessories and some of the other items from the 2 dealers. However, their final on road price (including accessories) seems almost the same. Is this normal? (please see attached price lists)
Final question, between AML and VVC, is there a view on who is the better dealer in Hyderabad?

Would appreciate your inputs.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-aml-motors-xuv1-001.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-vvc-motors-xuv1-002.jpg  

Old 8th July 2012, 13:38   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post

Went down to VVC and AML motors in Hyderabad and heard from the sales reps that about 80K of accessories are part of the on road price and they did not seem to offer the option of doing away with some of these. I don't think if I need all the accessories that are part of this package.

I think the accessories are an overkill by the dealer. Attaching the performa invoice I received from TVS in Cochin, Kerala. There is no accessories cost included as part of the on-road price. I am sure this is totally our call on what we want, dont want and where we want to purchase it from.

FundaG
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-performa-invoice.jpg  

fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 13:41   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Folks, glad to share that my Road Trip to Leh/ladhak with the W8 was done without any critical issues.

Sid
Wow Sid. Great going. My fingers are twitching to get hold of my Cheetah and do something like this or atleast close.

FundaG
Old 8th July 2012, 21:55   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
My GPS Navigation doesn't work anymore.. When I press the NAV button, it says "Loading...xxxx" and then it just crashes and goes to Radio/USB mode. Tried multiple times by switching off the engine, etc etc..

Did anyone face this problem?
Yes Quite a few experienced this
- Just get the system re-flashed at the workshop or through Nippon - apparently while upgrading, the license may have not been activated properly.

Last edited by Gerardfdz : 8th July 2012 at 22:15.
Gerardfdz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 22:01   #547
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me or does the XUV look a little asymmetrical from the back at certain angles ?
Old 9th July 2012, 00:17   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Went down to VVC and AML motors in Hyderabad and heard from the sales reps that about 80K of accessories are part of the on road price and they did not seem to offer the option of doing away with some of these. I don't think if I need all the accessories that are part of this package. for ex: they have a set top box from AVANI for about 20K. Who needs this? There were quite a few other items that I really don't need (for ex underbody treatment, maybe even the side step - would prefer a good aftermarket one, don't like the chrome option). Can we pick and choose the accessories? I would think so, but the sales reps seemed very reluctant and I did not push them as I wanted to hear from other owners/members first.

No one can force you to go for the accessories if you dont want them. You just need to pay the ex-showroom+taxes, some people even get the registration/toad-tax done on their own.
Speak to the sales manager at the dealer place about it, the sales rep you are talking to needs some advise. Or, you can also write to the M&M directly about this behavior, they usually respond well. However, the sales manager at dealer should be able to take care of such things.
I would suggest go for must accessories at the time of delivery, like mats or some other stuff that you really feel like going with, others you can get as you feel the need.
All the best and congratulations for the new ride!
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 07:22   #549
BHPian

Hey DoneNDusted, looks like we are in the Similar boat. VVC will not force you to buy accessories. Just talk straight to them and they give in after trying some salesmanship on you. I closed by accessories list with just the mat, reverse camera (not on their original list) and the illuminated scuff plates (an indulgence from my end)
All accessories together came to 10k against the 80k they have considered in their on-road pricing. Insurance too, I am going for one externally.
iride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 10:59   #550
BHPian

Folks,

I upgraded my car speakers car last week end. Post the upgrade, my Airbag light grows continuously. The guy who did the upgrade tells me that XUV's battery should not be disconnected for any reason & they had to disconnect the battery to install amp/speakers and hence the light glowing. Is this the case?
Old 9th July 2012, 11:11   #551
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
Folks,

I upgraded my car speakers car last week end. Post the upgrade, my Airbag light grows continuously. The guy who did the upgrade tells me that XUV's battery should not be disconnected for any reason & they had to disconnect the battery to install amp/speakers and hence the light glowing. Is this the case?
Get it hooked up to a lappy at a M&M ASC and you should see some error codes. The airbag light glowing is not a good sign and it is best to get it checked ASAP.

Are you sure that speaker guy did not touch/cut/splice any wires during the installation?
Old 9th July 2012, 11:51   #552
BHPian

FIRST REAL COMPONENT RECALL ON XUV

Well, actually, it isnt a proper recall, because M&M would never do that. Maybe it isnt the first either, since you could technically call the gear oil change the same thing.

But it seems all workshops have been intstructed to proactively replace the windshield wiper motor of any XUV within a certain series that comes in for service (or a visit for some other niggle )

Whats good is that they do this proactively, once they have identified some defect in a particular lot of motors they had installed. The not so good is the lack of guts to announce it - atleast to those in whose XUVs this needs to be done.

The one I saw this being done on was a Jan FWD.

Dont have the series affected by this, so please do call your RMs and check if yours is a part of the lot.
Old 9th July 2012, 11:52   #553
BHPian

Thanks iride, fundagenie and Ketan. I will try and push the VVC guy and see how it goes. I also had some other questions, but will post them in the XUV test drive thread as this thread might treat these as off topic.
btw: Do we have any owners who have taken delivery very recently (3rd or 4th lot from Mahindra, not sure), who can comment on these niggles?
Old 9th July 2012, 13:18   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Folks, glad to share that my Road Trip to Leh/ladhak with the W8 was done without any critical issues.
Attaching two pics that hopefully should be able to assuage concerns around the reliability of the XUV :
1) Conquered Khardungla Top (highest Motorable road)
2) Survived the snow/hail storm at an altitude of 18000 feet

Sid
We DEMAND a travelogue
Old 9th July 2012, 14:09   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Is it just me or does the XUV look a little asymmetrical from the back at certain angles ?
Asymmetrical.. I am not sure. However, i always felt the extra bulge below the back glass and above the number plate, where the back wiper is fitted, was actually not required as it dosent seem to satisfy any purpose technically or design vise. And maybe the reason the back looks a little too much overdone. Without that bulge , the back would have looked like that of any classic SUV and more impressive... Just my thoughts. Not all may agree to it.

FundaG

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks