Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2022, 12:50   #4711
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

any knows of any aftermarket and cheaper headlight assembly for XUV 5OO?
headlight assembly is not fully air tight and has becoming hazy in 10 years. OEM one costs over Rs 25000 for pair.

Looking for some cheaper alternative.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 15:17   #4712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Looking for some cheaper alternative.
Option 1: Sticking to the OE, as the aftermarket ones may not have the light throw, as good. I had used aftermarket fog lamps on my W8, but the light throw was so pathetic, had to change immediately to OE ones, and finally ended up spending more.
Option 2: Look for a set with scrap dealers, some total loss vehicles which have had a rear impact, and headlights would have survived.
Option 3: Get the existing one opened and cleaned. A good place, where HID bulb installations are done, would have the oven and glue to seal back.

Last edited by manipal : 27th August 2022 at 15:19.
manipal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 17:06   #4713

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhangad View Post
I had a similar issue where it would keep saying front brake pads worn out on the IS continuously. It was so frequent that I had to power off the IS as it was too distracting. Could not even listen to any music during that particular trip :(

Went to the service center and they said that brake pad sensor warns if the pad is less than 6 mm thick. Initially it comes with 12 mm thickness. I had got them changed just 10k Kms back and it was exactly at 6 mm thickness. He told me the only solution now is to remove the sensor wire. So I got that done. Will be connecting it back when the pads wear out completely and I get them changed
Now my XUV500 is over 6 years old. What I am noticing is that the same issue is popping up every time I drive/wade through water or after a car wash. I think the sensor / wiring needs to be looked at and hopefully it just needs to be insulated vs. something more. Planning to take the XUV to MSC and see what they find.
Old 18th September 2022, 17:30   #4714

Hi bhpians, I’ve 2015 model W10 2WD XUV 500 with HR registration. I lived in Gurugram and Mumbai before moving recently to Hyderabad. My first experience with MASS in HYD for 60K service is too expensive (48K) and horrible. I’m looking for a reliable service centre in HYD for quality and proper pricing. Pls suggest some names, if you can out of your personal experience.
Old 18th September 2022, 21:02   #4715
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastMohan View Post
Hi bhpians, I’ve 2015 model W10 2WD XUV 500 with HR registration. I lived in Gurugram and Mumbai before moving recently to Hyderabad. My first experience with MASS in HYD for 60K service is too expensive (48K) and horrible. I’m looking for a reliable service centre in HYD for quality and proper pricing. Pls suggest some names, if you can out of your personal experience.
Service doesn't cost that much.
Most of your 48k bill would be jobs that are NOT part of the 60K service and they would have explicitly asked your OK for those jobs. If you believed that those additional jobs were not needed, you should have said "no" right then. If you had a doubt, you can still say no and defer the jobs and possibly get a second opinion from a competent private garage.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 22:19   #4716
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastMohan View Post
Ask the RM to stick to the owners manual for the works required on the car, unless you have some car specific defects, normal service in M&M doesn't exceed 10_ 12k in any case.
PGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 23:52   #4717

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Ask the RM to stick to the owners manual for the works required on the car, unless you have some car specific defects, normal service in M&M doesn't exceed 10_ 12k in any case.
Thanks, I’ve checked the invoice. It’s a 72-point service check for 60k mileage + one of the from shockers was replaced. Isn’t the bill high? Then surprised why only one front shocker was replaced. But it’s too late now for me to ask. Today both front shockers are gone again and MASS advises to replace both. Plus replacing front suspension arms. Total estimate of 68K! Jaw-dropping estimate indeed.

Hence I want to show it to any private garage in Hyderabad for a second opinion. Seeking help from anyone in HYD.
Old 19th September 2022, 01:17   #4718

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Thanks, I’ve checked the invoice. It’s a 72-point service check for 60k mileage + one of the from shockers was replaced. Isn’t the bill high? Then surprised why only one front shocker was replaced. But it’s too late now for me to ask. Today both front shockers are gone again and MASS advises to replace both. Plus replacing front suspension arms. Total estimate of 68K! Jaw-dropping estimate indeed.

Hence I want to show it to any private garage in Hyderabad for a second opinion. Seeking help from anyone in HYD.
Old 19th September 2022, 08:41   #4719
BHPian

Hello fellow XUV500 owners,

I am writing about a couple of problems/questions that I have after all these years of ownership:

I have a 2015 W8 model and of late, the siren keeps going off at odd times automatically. I have asked the ASC how to turn this off permanently but wasn't offered any solution.
I really don't want this siren anymore since it's causing more pain than doing any real good. Is there any DIY way to disconnect it from the battery, or anything I can do to turn it off?

Also, have any of you gotten your key FOBs changed? Is it advisable to get it done from the local key maker? I know there's some RFID chip inside which is prone to breaking and if that happens, the car won't start (immobilizer). My key FOB is completely worn off - button rubber is torn and underlying circuit is visible :(

Thank you in advance for your inputs, drive safe.
Old 19th September 2022, 10:35   #4720
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
Hello fellow XUV500 owners,

I am writing about a couple of problems/questions that I have after all these years of ownership:

I have a 2015 W8 model and of late, the siren keeps going off at odd times automatically. I have asked the ASC how to turn this off permanently but wasn't offered any solution.
I really don't want this siren anymore since it's causing more pain than doing any real good. Is there any DIY way to disconnect it from the battery, or anything I can do to turn it off?

Also, have any of you gotten your key FOBs changed? Is it advisable to get it done from the local key maker? I know there's some RFID chip inside which is prone to breaking and if that happens, the car won't start (immobilizer). My key FOB is completely worn off - button rubber is torn and underlying circuit is visible :(

For your key FOB problem

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...fob-cover.html (XUV500 DIY: Replacing worn-out Key Fob cover)

Blowing of siren means activation of anti theft system, wouldn't recommend you disconnect it, one of the microswitch is loose or malfunctioning most likely bonnet or tail gate, could be windows as well. Its a minor work, try DIY.
PGA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 10:44   #4721
BHPian

Quote:

I have changed it for my 2013 xuv and it's quite simple. There is not much risk of the RFID chip breaking as long as you carefully open up the key. There are several YouTube videos about it, if not PM me and I can give pointers on how to open. You will need a Philips (star) screwdriver to open the cover as well as the inner circuit board.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 13:05   #4722
BHPian

Quote:
Hello farhadtarapore. I had a similar problem about a year back. Is it the siren or the horn going off intermittently? Check by removing the horn fuse and see if this still happens. Do remember that the horn also will not work without the fuse. The issue could be the contact points in the horn pad getting stuck. The service centre should be able to clean the contact points and all should be good.
Old 26th September 2022, 13:17   #4723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Av8r View Post
Hello farhadtarapore. I had a similar problem about a year back. Is it the siren or the horn going off intermittently? Check by removing the horn fuse and see if this still happens. Do remember that the horn also will not work without the fuse. The issue could be the contact points in the horn pad getting stuck. The service centre should be able to clean the contact points and all should be good.
Thanks! It is definitely the siren (not the horn) and I think I've isolated the problem to a faulty boot switch sensor. yesterday I just pushed on the boot door gently and the cabin lights came on as if a door is open. So definitely that's the culprit.
Old 13th January 2023, 13:55   #4724
BHPian

Hi,

I have done 86000 KM on my 2014 W8. In the latest service, the SA told me that the Suspension system is due for a change and the rear brake pad and plate as well.

The Mahindra Service center gave me an estimate of 40k - 60k based on the initial assessment.

Has anyone got the shockers changed and can help me with the following queries

1. Is it okay to give Mahindra service center or to any outside workshop
2. What is the best estimate on YouTube, we can see folks claiming 20k for this work

In case outside workshops are recommended, please point me to workshops at Chandigarh/Panchkula
Old 15th January 2023, 12:18   #4725
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
Hi,

I have done 86000 KM on my 2014 W8.

In case outside workshops are recommended, please point me to workshops at Chandigarh/Panchkula
A.S.S will certainly cost much more than what FNG will. As your car is well outside any warranty issues, I will recommend FNG anyday as you get a better professional solution to the problem.

Scout for a good mechanic in sector 28 Chandigarh.
PGA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks