Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2022, 11:22   #4696

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

HI, I am facing a peculiar problem with my XUV 500 W8 AT (2018)'s ICE.
I use it mostly with Android Auto option, and since past few weeks the music starts to jitter, and I have to pause for about a minute for to play normal again. At first I thought this is a buffering issue with Spotify, but the problem is same with offline tracks and downloaded MP3/FLAC files as well.

But now, after the car came back from the service, there is another problem - Alerts and bluetooth calling are muted. The car no more announces for seat belt, low fuel or reverse camera distance etc. Nor the sound during the calls is audible... Music plays just fine.

I've tried resetting the unit and re-installed Android Auto as well.

Anyone got some problem, am I missing a setting? Or is it time to get the silver box replaced?
Old 18th June 2022, 11:30   #4697
BHPian

Guys, in my 2013 XUV500 W6, there's a white/colourless odourless smoke coming from only one ac vent, the one to the left of the display screen. Is this a gas leak or condensation? It's hard to catch it on camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20220618_112925.jpg  

Old 30th June 2022, 15:24   #4698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashwat View Post
HI, I am facing a peculiar problem with my XUV 500 W8 AT (2018)'s ICE.
I use it mostly with Android Auto option, and since past few weeks the music starts to jitter, and I have to pause for about a minute for to play normal again. At first I thought this is a buffering issue with Spotify, but the problem is same with offline tracks and downloaded MP3/FLAC files as well.

But now, after the car came back from the service, there is another problem - Alerts and bluetooth calling are muted. The car no more announces for seat belt, low fuel or reverse camera distance etc. Nor the sound during the calls is audible... Music plays just fine.

I've tried resetting the unit and re-installed Android Auto as well.

Anyone got some problem, am I missing a setting? Or is it time to get the silver box replaced?
I am facing the same issue with my 2017 XUV500.

After reading your post the best guess will be - a problem with the android auto app itself. Maybe it will get resolved in the upcoming updates.

or

can both our car's silver box fail at the same time?
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 11:10   #4699

I'll be getting the wiring checked by a local guy this Sunday. Will keep you posted about what he finds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
I am facing the same issue with my 2017 XUV500.

After reading your post the best guess will be - a problem with the android auto app itself. Maybe it will get resolved in the upcoming updates.

or

can both our car's silver box fail at the same time?
shashwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 07:36   #4700
BHPian

I have a 2013 xuv with the famous silver box issue and the audio goes away after a few minutes with a *thud*.
The options I have are:
1. Fix the silver box through Nippon (cost about 7k)
2. Get a new android-based headunit.

I would prefer option (2) but the vendor I asked said that he cannot guarantee that the xuv specific signals like the AC indicators, and other xuv specific data may or may not come up. Has anyone successfully integrated an aftermarket android unit on the xuv (particularly the older lot pre-2017).
Old 10th July 2022, 09:20   #4701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I would prefer option (2) but the vendor I asked said that he cannot guarantee that the xuv specific signals like the AC indicators, and other xuv specific data may or may not come up. Has anyone successfully integrated an aftermarket android unit on the xuv (particularly the older lot pre-2017).
Hello deep_bang. I have seen many YT videos where an aftermarket Android HU has retained the indications for AC etc. I specifically remember one by a Hyderabad based shop called Carsonics. I gather that this functionality is dependent on the make of the aftermarket Android HU.
Zen Av8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 21:45   #4702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I have a 2013 xuv with the famous silver box issue and the audio goes away after a few minutes with a *thud*.
The options I have are:
1. Fix the silver box through Nippon (cost about 7k)
2. Get a new android-based headunit.

I got android HU fixed in my XUV after the same silver box issue. Irritated with sound quality and distraction while driving i have finally given the silver box for repairing. Will be back to stock HU very soon.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 20:32   #4703
BHPian

Anyone facing issues with Android Auto after the apps recent update? I'm on a 2018 W11 AT and I get the notification 'Try plugging to a different socket or using a different cable' on the phone. I've tried a couple of cables and different phones, but issue persists. I've ordered a shorter cable, though I fear it's an issue with the USB 2.0 port on the XUV that be the problem. Any one else facing the same problem?
Old 31st July 2022, 22:04   #4704

Hi, I own a 2021 April manufacture W11 Manual and have done about 13,000 km till date with no serious issues till about a month back.

On 02 Jul, I Started from Darbhanga for Ghaziabad around 0500h and halted for a cup of tea at around 0630h. When I tried to start, the vehicle did not crank (all other electrical systems working). Tried a few times and then it started and continued the journey. Did not notice the warning lights at that point.

When I reached Gorakhpur, simulated the same thing again and the problem repeated. This time I observed the ENGINE! lamp glowing (no immobilizer light). Spoke to a known mechanic, he suggested disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and try. It worked, I drove the vehicle to the nearest Mahindra service center. They spent about four hours on the vehicle and checked everything. They cleared the codes- they were related to the Immobilizer (B2FFF and B2FF9) and cleared the vehicle.

I took another break at Faizabad, hoping that things had been sorted out, and the same thing repeated. I again disconnected and reconnected the battery and then drove non-stop to Ghaziabad. The next day, there was no problem and the vehicle started normally. However, I took the vehicle to the service center here in Ghaziabad and they checked everything and could not find anything amiss, except the same error codes in history.

Everything was fine for about a week and then, the same problem cropped up. This time I was advised to use the second key and observe. Things were again fine for about a week and then the problem cropped up again. The problem continues to come up intermittently with no specific pattern. And somehow, the problem usually disappears overnight!

And finally, the service center has detected an issue with a connector and have been able to simulate the same error. Now I am waiting for the Dashboard Harness to be made available.

I would like to know if anyone has faced a similar issue?

Will engine Immobilizer error/ activation lead to ENGINE! check lamp coming ON (immobilizer light OFF)?

Why is the error code getting cleared automatically overnight (on most occasions)?

Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 15:03   #4705
BHPian

Hi,

I have a 2014 XUV5OO W8, I am facing a steering jamming issue whenever I drive through water-logged roads.

I did not face this issue till now, but this month I witnessed this thrice. I took my car to the Mahindra service center in Panchkula. As per its the steering belt came in contact with water, but they have no answers on why did this not happen earlier.

Please help and share your experiences.
Old 5th August 2022, 11:12   #4706
BHPian

Hello Bhp-ians,

I have a 2011 XUV and the high beam lamps conked off last night.

What bulb type should I use as the replacement? I see multiple posters on the forum stating that the H11 is the high beam bulb while the XUV manual says it is H15. Some clarity would be appreciated.

Any recommendations on which brand I should go for?
Old 5th August 2022, 15:26   #4707
BHPian

What bulb type should I use as the replacement? ....

Manual is wrong, both high and low beam bulbs are H7. I too sourced H15 bulbs from the USA, in 2013 and realized during the replacement process both Low/High bulbs were H7. If you drive a lot at night go for LED H7 or else stick to halogens. I have used Wruth halogen (4200K) in the past and found it good.
manipal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 09:49   #4708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishv1987 View Post
What bulb type should I use as the replacement? I see multiple posters on the forum stating that the H11 is the high beam bulb while the XUV manual says it is H15. Some clarity would be appreciated.

Any recommendations on which brand I should go for?
I have 2011 XUV500, which had 55Watt H7 Halogens for both low and high beams.

Mahindra workshops had provided Philips 55W halogen replacements when earlier bulbs died. These never lasted more than a year, and on one occasion two died during a single outstation trip (Right low beam and left high beam)

Later I started using aftermarket Bosch 55W halogens (~Rs. 80 each), which lasted really long (atleast 4 years) however their brightness was slightly lower than stock Philips. Ditto for Philips economy H7 bulbs available in local markets for around Rs. 120 each.

Currently I am using Philips 55W halogens (economy) in projector low-beams and H7 LED bulbs in high beam. LED bulbs have a higher colour temperature (bright whiter) and significantly higher intensity than halogens, however, the beam is not as perfect as halogens, it is a bit more spread out, providing a wider coverage. However I was concerned if that would make drivers of oncoming vehicles uncomfortable. So I adjusted the high beam slightly downwards and pretty happy so far since ~2 years. These LEDs also have an option to slide the LED barrel to adjust the LED to focal point to match the reflectors, however I didnt have patience to experiment, as the access to the bulbs in XUV500 is very difficult. I did some adjustments with another set on Nexon, which throws pretty good beam.

One set of LED bulbs were purchased from Amazon https://www.amazon.in/Carzex-Max5-H7...dp/B08FDVHXFT/ and another one from Carzex.com (along with some more items not in stock with Amazon at that time) which ships from NCR.
Pulse500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 08:48   #4709
BHPian

Reverse sensor Error

I am getting an erorr on the infotainment on the reverse gear slotting, it doesn't béep, but still it looks sensor could be working as the red lines continue to occupy as I reverse.

What could be the error for?

KK

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img20220818181013.jpg
Old 20th August 2022, 12:34   #4710
BHPian

Re: Reverse sensor Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I am getting an erorr on the infotainment on the reverse gear slotting, it doesn't béep, but still it looks sensor could be working as the red lines continue to occupy as I reverse.

What could be the error for?

KK

Attachment 2348104
One of the reverse parking sensors (or its cable/connector/corroded contact) could be faulty. Please check the reverse assist's response by moving some solid opaque object to move closer and farther from each sensor sequentially when you slot in the reverse.

Was there any impact on the rear bumper? Or rain/mud/salt deposits on the sensor or entered the electrical contact points with the small parking assist controller box - sub-ECU behind the bumper?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks