Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2021, 11:39   #4666
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIV17 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

As for the update on the issue, got it checked by the same guy, he did the balancing again. I drove the car for some distance and it remained stable till 100kmph. Just when I thought everything was alright the steering started to vibrate again. The vibration was much lesser than before but it was there. So should I get the balancing done again or should I look for anything else.
Also what is the ideal tyre pressure you maintain on your XUV?
I faced the same issue once, in my case the tyres had uneven wear and that lead to vibration in steering.
Ritesh_Dogar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 20:18   #4667
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.
So should I get the balancing done again or should I look for anything else.
Instead of regular wheel balancing, you can try Road Force test. I see good results when done WB thought Road force test.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.
Also what is the ideal tyre pressure you maintain on your XUV?
Ideally Front 32PSI and Rear 30PSI. I generally check air pressure by myself using portable tyre inflator. So I keep 0.5 more as it leaks little while disconnecting the inflator. While going for long drives I keep 31.5(Front), 29.5(Rear) as tyres get heated up and increase pressure.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 17:12   #4668
BHPian

Hi, has anyone got their xuv's stereo unit repaired by isc555? Are they as genuine as they seem to be? Did your stereo unit break again? How long does it take for them to repair it? And how much did they charge including shipping fees? I'm planning to send them my 2011 w6 unit to get repaired. It is stuck on the ac page and doesn't play music. It's completely unusable.
Old 9th January 2022, 18:03   #4669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panneer Selven View Post
Hi, has anyone got their xuv's stereo unit repaired by isc555? Are they as genuine as they seem to be? Did your stereo unit break again? How long does it take for them to repair it? And how much did they charge including shipping fees? I'm planning to send them my 2011 w6 unit to get repaired. It is stuck on the ac page and doesn't play music. It's completely unusable.
Did you try resetting the ICE by removing car battery positive terminal for 5 mins and re-fixing it?
Old 9th January 2022, 18:55   #4670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Did you try resetting the ICE by removing car battery positive terminal for 5 mins and re-fixing it?
This not a simple fix. It's a pandemic like defect which mainly attacks 2011 w6 models with the monochrome display. The main brains of the unit, called silver box, has to be replaced or repaired. But the repair places either ask for a lot of money (around 7500) and no warranty, or don't exist. But there's a shop in Delhi that posts YouTube videos on repairing stereo systems, and they have some videos of w6 stereo too. They say that people send their stereos from all over India, and they have given their address too. But I'm kinda afraid to send it to them. What if they break something and ask for more money? What if due to lockdown they stereo gets misplaced? What if I never get it back? It's a headache to think of all these.

Last edited by Panneer Selven : 9th January 2022 at 18:56. Reason: Forgot to mention the type of stereo
Panneer Selven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 11:18   #4671
Senior - BHPian

I have a XUV500 W6, 2013 model which has a monochrome non-touch screen infotainment unit, now after nearly 9 years of ownership looks like the head unit has given up.
The display is still comes on, but I can no more play any audio on it, neither the infotainment unit buttons are working. The screen remain just frozen, i can't even it off and restart by long pressing pressing the volume knob which i could few days ago.

So my question to fellow XUV500 owners is have you faced such issues and if its possible to repair it?
And are you aware if Mahindra still manufactures this old head unit so that i can replace it in service center?
If so how much does it cost. I'm aware couple of years ago that some owners also had replaced the silver box under warranty.

Also suggest if anyone has done a proper upgrade to the system itself in Bangalore and guide me on this topic.
sridhar24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 22:30   #4672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
I have a XUV500 W6, 2013 model which has a monochrome non-touch screen infotainment unit, now after nearly 9 years of ownership looks like the head unit has given up.

So my question to fellow XUV500 owners is have you faced such issues and if its possible to repair it?
Just see the post previous to yours, that I had posted. In my case, i ended up buying a used 2016 w4 system for 3.5k which has the same screen. But to my sweet unluck, the AC display screen isn't supported, neither is the steering buttons, or door ajar warning working. But atleast the radio and bluetooth and aux works flawlessly, and so does the distance to empty, service, automatic headlights and wiper symbols.
Better go for repairing it by those guys on YouTube, called Isc555. They charge 3.5k+shipping.
For other members:
Can the 2011-14 w6 stereo software be flashed to a 2015-18 w4 stereo to fix the above mentioned niggles? (Everything from the connectors to the silver box part number is same, infact I am using the original lcd display that came with my car).
I have purchased a cheap hid kit from Amazon. 35w 6000k. Bulbs cost 1000rs. Ballasts were a cheap knockoffs at 600 per piece ( Don't worry, it's just temporary for testing the practicality-ness. Once I get the proper budget, I will upgrade the ballasts.)
Should I know anything about adding a relay or fuse, or some hid related problems like melting housing or sockets or shadow problems?
Hid experts, thy shall guide me����

Last edited by Panneer Selven : 18th March 2022 at 22:33. Reason: Forgot to complete the post
Panneer Selven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 01:33   #4673

Hard Clutch and Reverse Gear not Engaging

Hello friends,

My XUV 500 W10, 2016 model has run 67,000 km. The car is very well maintained and driven with care. About 15 days back, while driving I realized that the clutch pedal has suddenly turned hard. Further, it is extremely difficult to engage the reverse gear.

I spoke with Naik Motors Goa, who have said that the entire clutch assembly (Clutch Plate, Pressure Plate and Slave Cylinder) shall have to be replaced and total cost including service charge and spares would be close to Rs 24,000/-. Further, the Flywheel may also have to be changed depending on its condition observed during visual inspection. Changing of Flywheel shall take the total cost to upwards of Rs 40,000/-

I am in two minds regarding going ahead with replacement of entire clutch assembly, as it is a costly and time taking affair. In the last 15 day either the clutch has also slightly eased out, or may be I have got used to the hard clutch. So far as difficulty in engaging the Reverse gear is concerned, I overcome that by switching off ignition before engaging the reverse gear. Reverse gear engages easily when the engine is stopped (ignition off), and then I start the vehicle with depressed clutch, and then just release the clutch to reverse the vehicle.

It is difficult for me to believe that my well maintained XUV needs complete change of clutch assembly. To me it appears as some simple and superfluous flaw which has manifested suddenly and which can be easily corrected.

I would request experienced Bhpians/ XUV owners to kindly advise.

Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 12:03   #4674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awanish View Post

Hard Clutch and Reverse Gear not Engaging

Hello friends,

My XUV 500 W10, 2016 model has run 67,000 km. The car is very well maintained and driven with care. About 15 days back, while driving I realized that the clutch pedal has suddenly turned hard. Further, it is extremely difficult to engage the reverse gear.

I spoke with Naik Motors Goa, who have said that the entire clutch assembly (Clutch Plate, Pressure Plate and Slave Cylinder) shall have to be replaced and total cost including service charge and spares would be close to Rs 24,000/-. Further, the Flywheel may also have to be changed depending on its condition observed during visual inspection. Changing of Flywheel shall take the total cost to upwards of Rs 40,000/-

Clutch replacement at 67k is expected if you do a lot of city driving and various other driving factors. And 24k is the approx cost. If you can find a good reliable multicar garage, getting it done there is also an option as their labour costs would be lower compared to MASS. Work wise would be a one day job provided all these parts are already purchased or available at the garage.

Flywheel most probably wont be required. And it is better to get the clutch assembly replaced now rather than wait as it will affect your flywheel in time and you will have to replace that too.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 13:46   #4675
BHPian

Hello team bhpians,
My 2018 XUV 5OO W7 AT has run around 55000 kms. Certain problems have now begun to creep in.

1. Yesterday while driving, I noticed that the vehicle was passing black smoke while accelerating. It's not present throughout the entire phase of acceleration. If the car is slow moving and should I decide to mash the throttle, some amount of black smoke can be seen arising out of the exhaust, through the IRVM. In fact, this has brought into my attention another issue. A few weeks earlier, while driving the car, I felt as if the power was cut off ever so slightly when I tried accelerating. At first thought it was just my feeling, but yesterday while driving uphill I felt the same again. A slight delay in throttle output after pressing the accelerator pedal. I don't know if I'm imagining things, but the turbo also seems to sound a bit more vocal than usual. What could this be? Adulterated fuel? Or anything else?

2. I turned on the wiper yesterday evening while driving through rain and the darn thing wouldn't turn off even after returning the stalk to the off position. Now I'm stuck with the wiper working every time I turn on the car, which is really irritating. Is there any work around for this?

I'm unable to go to a service centre due to the ongoing Bharat bandh, hence asking for expert opinion/suggestions regarding these issues. Please help.

Last edited by GKR9900 : 29th March 2022 at 13:48.
Old 29th March 2022, 13:58   #4676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
2. I turned on the wiper yesterday evening while driving through rain and the darn thing wouldn't turn off even after returning the stalk to the off position. Now I'm stuck with the wiper working every time I turn on the car, which is really irritating. Is there any work around for this?

I'm unable to go to a service centre due to the ongoing Bharat bandh, hence asking for expert opinion/suggestions regarding these issues. Please help.
Is it likely due to auto wiper and may be the sensor has conked off. Did you try to switch off the auto wiper?
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 15:38   #4677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Is it likely due to auto wiper and may be the sensor has conked off. Did you try to switch off the auto wiper?
Yep! I tried switching off the auto wiper, but to no use. The wiper kinda seems jumpy once it starts wiping - while it moves upwards, it momentarily stops and then resumes the rest of the movement. Is there a fuse or something that can be pulled off to disable the wiper until I can get it to the service station?
Old 30th March 2022, 00:16   #4678
BHPian

Quote:
Yep! I tried switching off the auto wiper, but to no use. The wiper kinda seems jumpy once it starts wiping - while it moves upwards, it momentarily stops and then resumes the rest of the movement. Is there a fuse or something that can be pulled off to disable the wiper until I can get it to the service station?
Wiper motor assembly has a position sensor (internal electric switch) inside the case. Either the sensor contacts have worn out/corroded/damaged, or the wire is damaged.

Please do check if there are any rat footprints under the bonnet.

One quick temporary fix is, disconnect the cable connecting the wiper motor (identify and press the notch and pull the connector out) so that the wiper doesnt start as soon as you start vehicle.

Check if any wires are cut, clean the contacts, re-connect it to the motor. If the problem persists, keep the motor disconnected while you drive and get the issue fixed. May take a few attempts for you to disconnect the motor right at the time when the riper blades are the lowest position. (assuming the weather is dry)
Pulse500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 10:16   #4679
BHPian

Quote:
Hello team bhpians,
My 2018 XUV 5OO W7 AT has run around 55000 kms. Certain problems have now begun to creep in.

1. Yesterday while driving, I noticed that the vehicle was passing black smoke while accelerating. It's not present throughout the entire phase of acceleration.

2. I turned on the wiper yesterday evening while driving through rain and the darn thing wouldn't turn off even after returning the stalk to the off position.
The black smoke could be due to various reasons. But since you mentioned that it is not present through the entire phase of acceleration and since your vehicle has done 55k, chances are filter replacement or EGR valve cleaning. Both are not costly. EGR valve cleaning could take a day or 2 depending on the MASS and usual charge would be 3-4k. Very few people do EGR valve cleaning. But in a way its good thing to do as it will improve the oxygen supply to the engine which in turn will improve mileage and performance to some extent. Not that noticeable.

There are other major reasons also for the black smoke including engine issues. But try the filter and EGR valve first and see if it resolves the problem.

Wrt wiper, you can try removing the fuse which is there in the users manual. I have a 2012 model XUV, so not sure if the fuse layout is the same in your vehicle. Its EF6 Brown fuse in mine.

FundaG

Last edited by fundagenie : 30th March 2022 at 10:17.
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 12:30   #4680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
Please do check if there are any rat footprints under the bonnet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Wrt wiper, you can try removing the fuse which is there in the users manual. I have a 2012 model XUV, so not sure if the fuse layout is the same in your vehicle. Its EF6 Brown fuse in mine. FundaG

There seem to be something wrong with the autowiper sensor. The wiper was moving even when it was in the off position and autowiper also set to off. I fiddled with autowiper on and off a few times and finally the wiper stopped moving. That's a temporary relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
The black smoke could be due to various reasons. But since you mentioned that it is not present through the entire phase of acceleration and since your vehicle has done 55k, chances are filter replacement or EGR valve cleaning.
There are other major reasons also for the black smoke including engine issues. But try the filter and EGR valve first and see if it resolves the problem.
Will try taking the vehicle to MASS and sort out both the issues. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I still have more than an year of extended warranty remaining. Would EGR valve and filter be covered under it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks