Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2021, 08:36   #4651
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Guys, I am getting a strange kat kat sound in the engine bay, not always, it mostly comes for sometime when I start the engine in the morning. Not sure if it goes off later, as I couldn't make out.

Attaching the sound recording, any inputs on the issue would be great.

Thanks.
KK

Edit - Couldn't attach the MP3 file as it said invalid attachment
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:41   #4652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Guys, I am getting a strange kat kat sound in the engine bay,
Do get your engine mounts checked.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 20:28   #4653
BHPian

Guys,

I have purchased a second hand XUV500 w11 automatic and I am still trying to figure the lock / unlock mechanism on the car and tiretronics.

In my earlier baleno, we have a central lock control on the driver side, which when released opened all the doors and people could get in and out. However I am unable to figure out why the door behind the driver seat and the door behind the co passenger seat would not unlock, when I release the locks on the driver side.
Is there any setting that needs to be done. Went through manuals and even you tube, could not find a solution. Any guesses.

Tiretronics reported a low pressure on the driver side wheel. I filled air yesterday, all wheels 32. The warning would not go away. Is this a sensor issue or really something wrong on the car.

Which is the best shop in Bangalore for ICE upgrade of my XUV500 or the stickering work of the roof.

Thanks
Arun
Old 7th November 2021, 01:26   #4654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbull View Post
Guys,

I have purchased a second hand XUV500 w11 automatic and I am still trying to figure the lock / unlock mechanism on the car and tiretronics.

In my earlier baleno, we have a central lock control on the driver side, which when released opened all the doors and people could get in and out. However I am unable to figure out why the door behind the driver seat and the door behind the co passenger seat would not unlock, when I release the locks on the driver side.
Is there any setting that needs to be done. Went through manuals and even you tube, could not find a solution. Any guesses.

Tiretronics reported a low pressure on the driver side wheel. I filled air yesterday, all wheels 32. The warning would not go away. Is this a sensor issue or really something wrong on the car.

Which is the best shop in Bangalore for ICE upgrade of my XUV500 or the stickering work of the roof.

Thanks
Arun
Either the child lock mechanism is engaged on the rear doors or there is some electrical fault. Xuv500 does have a central lock control on the driver side, which when released opened all the doors and people can get in and out. If it unlocks perfectly fine with the key fob but doesnt unlock when you unlock it by opening the door with the outside driverside door handle (smart entry method), maybe it's some configurable option which you have to ask in a Mahindra showroom. But if it still doesn't unlock properly or sometimes even with the key fob, then either the interior button mechanism needs to be lubricated or the lock actuator motor has to be replaced.

The tiretronics has a relearn procedure that has to be performed when u rotate your tires or fill them up. The procedure can be learnt on YouTube or in ur drivers manual. The relearn button is on the left side of the odometer, the opposite side of the trip button. Either that or the battery in the sensor for the tiretronics which is inside the tire has died. Those stupid little things always go dead like once a year. The battery is the same type used in watches. But the hard part is taking ur Car to a shop to have the tires removed from the wheel to replace the battery.
Panneer Selven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 18:19   #4655
BHPian

Hi all,

I have a XUV W10, AT, AWD which has completed 5 years, 47.7K kms. Since last 3-4 weeks, getting a sound when I accelerate and leave the pedal. The sound is coming from rear, near to the right side. Sound is like running belt kinda sound which comes while accelerating and can be heard clearer when you remove the foot from accelerator.
Some days I get noise and some days I don't get.

Not sure what could be the cause. Recent change done was only brake pad replacement a month ago. Service centre did a check and even spoke to Mahindra folks and don't see any relation to brake pads or bearings.

They checked Silencer, Tyres, Turbo, Intelligent Turbo Management valve, rear differential etc but couldn't find the cause of the noise.

Anyone who has had similar experience or any tips what more to check.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Old 26th November 2021, 14:48   #4656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Hi all,

Sound is like running belt kinda sound which comes while accelerating and can be heard clearer when you remove the foot from accelerator.
Some days I get noise and some days I don't get.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Running belt, hmm. If you are 100% confident that the sound is coming from outside of the car and not from the interiors, then I Strongly suspect it could be the rear wheel hub bearing. Other possible causes are control arm or ball joint bushings. Worst case scenario it could be a worn out suspension, but considering it ran only 47k kms, that's a very low possibility. Take it to a alignment shop and ask them to check it out, they are experts in this, unlike the guys in the Dealership who read from textbooks.
Panneer Selven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 10:50   #4657
BHPian

Bearing hub they checked and its fine.
Sound has slight whistling effect also I think, missed recording it and now vehicle is with Mahindra Service centre.
Now Mahindra is suggesting to change turbo charger once and check to see if sound goes away.
Old 1st December 2021, 09:43   #4658
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Final update on the issue of whirring, whining noise. Went with Mahindra advise of Turbo charger replacement as both Service centre and M&M technical teams were working together on this issue and Mahindra regional team was also involved to help.

With Turbocharger change the issue has gone away. As the issue happened outside warranty (few weeks outside), M&M was not keen for 100% replacement cost and we settled for partial payment between M&M and us.

I still need to run the vehicle for few weeks to see if the sound recurs or not. Surprisingly, I never had any turbo lag or dark smoke showing turbocharger degrading.

Thanks to Tbhp threads on the basis of which I was able to reach out to Turbo repair stores & TEL to understand details on aftermarket turbo repair / buy options.

Will keep everyone posted if noise recurs.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Old 5th December 2021, 13:56   #4659
BHPian

Hi Team,

We have a 2019 XUV500 W7 and recently it's 40k kms service was completed along with wheel alignment and balancing. After this there's a strange issue. The car is completely stable till about 90 kmph but after crossing 90 the steering wheel starts to vibrate slightly and as the speed increases the vibration also increases. The steering needs to be held firmly to stop it. Also there's a slight pull towards left in the center position. The alignment and balancing was done outside in a reputed tyre shop.

Do note that the car runs on aftermarket alloy wheels with stock tyres (235/65/17). The alloys make the tyre slightly wider. These are on the car from the past two years and we haven't faced any issues till now.

I have noticed this issue in other cars but didn't know the exact reason. Is this an alignment and balancing issue or is there anything else I need to look out for, would like to have some insight from BHPians.
Old 5th December 2021, 22:22   #4660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIV17 View Post
Hi Team,

We have a 2019 XUV500 W7 and recently it's 40k kms service was completed along with wheel alignment and balancing. After this there's a strange issue. The car is completely stable till about 90 kmph but after crossing 90 the steering wheel starts to vibrate slightly and as the speed increases the vibration also increases. The steering needs to be held firmly to stop it. Also there's a slight pull towards left in the center position. The alignment and balancing was done outside in a reputed tyre shop.
It's a clear case of Wheel balancing gone wrong. You may reach out to the same guy and ask to recheck. I too had similar experience sometime back and it got resolved after WB.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 10:15   #4661
BHPian

Finally the infotainment system of my XUV 5OO W6 2014 model has given up. Its the infamous silver box issue giving up after a boom noise.

Now with this nippon unit being out of supply i am stuck in between. Service centre people asking to send the unit to Noida and get it repaired which will take approx 1-2 months and cost around Rs. 12000.00

The other option is to get a android unit fitted which supports canbus and will cost around Rs. 15000.00 I have no idea is it worth getting the system repaired or how is performance of android unit.

If anyone has gone through this issue please throw some light so that i can take a decision as it has been very difficult to drive the vehicle since past few days without the infotainment system.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 22:32   #4662
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Finally the infotainment system of my XUV 5OO W6 2014 model has given up. Its the infamous silver box issue giving up after a boom noise.

Now with this nippon unit being out of supply i am stuck in between. Service centre people asking to send the unit to Noida and get it repaired which will take approx 1-2 months and cost around Rs. 12000.00
I had the silver box changed on my 2013 W6 in 2017, it cost me Rs 6000/-. You may like to get the price rechecked.

The box was change by Nippon service center and not by Mahindra guys.
PGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 13:18   #4663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
It's a clear case of Wheel balancing gone wrong. You may reach out to the same guy and ask to recheck. I too had similar experience sometime back and it got resolved after WB.
Thanks for the reply.

As for the update on the issue, got it checked by the same guy, he did the balancing again. I drove the car for some distance and it remained stable till 100kmph. Just when I thought everything was alright the steering started to vibrate again. The vibration was much lesser than before but it was there. So should I get the balancing done again or should I look for anything else.
Also what is the ideal tyre pressure you maintain on your XUV?
Old 9th December 2021, 16:34   #4664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
I had the silver box changed on my 2013 W6 in 2017, it cost me Rs 6000/-. You may like to get the price rechecked.

The box was change by Nippon service center and not by Mahindra guys.
I have the same issue. Can you please tell more on exactly what part needs to be changed?
Old 15th December 2021, 13:59   #4665
BHPian

32 is the ideal pressure for XUV500.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks