Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2020, 21:45   #4576
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panneer Selven View Post
Guys,
A Xuv500w8 2012 model of my friends, suddenly activated and burst all the airbags while the car was in motion (no accident or anything) and the entire car lost power. I was in the 3rd row seat at the time of this incident and was too shocked at that time to take a photo or anything. What could have been the cause (short circuit?)
That is scary. Wouldn't an airbag deployment cause some injuries to people inside the car? I can't believe something like this can happen. Do you have more information on this ? What is the initial diagnosis from MASS?
Old 18th October 2020, 21:57   #4577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
That is scary. Wouldn't an airbag deployment cause some injuries to people inside the car? I can't believe something like this can happen. Do you have more information on this ? What is the initial diagnosis from MASS?
The only injured is my friend' other friend who in sudden shock smacked his hand on the handbrake and sprained his finger. The initial diagnosis by M.A.S.S is short circuit. Before he told me that his XUV had rat issues but still never actually did anything even when the rat somehow entered the cabin and chewed on a bunch of rs 10 notes. So even I'm positive that it's short circuit by rat chewing on wires. Plus the car lost power completely and the engine stalled as he was in 5th gear. So I'm guessing that the short circuit fried his ECU. If the rats/short circuit issue is the case, he had to pay from his hand for repairs not insurance considering it wasn't a accident. He is safe if he only has to replace the ECU and airbags. Worse case scenario he has to replace every electronics and maybe even the wiring harness, it will definitely be upwards of 3 lakhs, which will make it stationery as a parts car.
Old 19th October 2020, 07:40   #4578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panneer Selven View Post
Guys can anyone help me with this as the sound was a little worse today and I don't want to have to face the larger problem it may cause
What is there to “help”? Take your car to a service centre and get it evaluated for the starting issue and check the battery as well.

As for your modification no comment.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 11:03   #4579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
What is there to “help”? Take your car to a service centre and get it evaluated for the starting issue and check the battery as well.
That's the problem. The service center is around 50kms away from where I live, in Kerala, but I live in Tamil Nadu. If I have to leave my car over there for a day, there is no way I can come back to my house as the section 144 is imposed in thiruvananthapuram. Plus if I hire a auto, it will cost upwards of 3000rs. Same, If I get my car towed by M.A.S.S, it will cost more than 5000rs considering the long distance. So the 'help' I needed was something I could do at home or a nearby work shop without them scamming me into paying a truckload of money for something they didn't fix.
Old 19th October 2020, 19:10   #4580
BHPian

Quote:
check the battery as well.
The battery was replaced in June this year during the lockdown
Old 23rd October 2020, 21:20   #4581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSA View Post
I changed more than 200 Clutches till now and never saw Spring Fingers bent like this one. Diaphragm Spring fingers might bend slightly because of misalignment present in release bearing. Residual material from wearing clutch deposits over sliding surface of release bearing which causes misalignment but again its not extreme. There is a small removable plate located in some car's where transmission meets engine so that residual material can be removed using compressed air during preventive maintenance. But I am sure in this breakdown of your car, its slave cylinder failed or maybe only the plunger got stuck somehow. Again part failure can't be controlled so don't worry Enjoy your ride.
Thanks, CSA for the clarification.
No, the slave cylinder did not fail. They have given me back the old one, since they anyway replaced it with a new one. There is no bursting or leakage or play. I was also breaking my head, trying to figure out the root cause behind the problem, but then gave up and let time therapy heal my anxieties.
Since you have changed so many clutches, so may be you can clarify one more doubt of mine.
The friction plate assembly that MASS gave me back, has 2 plates rivetted together and each one is having a thickness of 3 mm.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20201023_204304.jpg

What is generally the thickness of these friction plates when they are new? IMHO this one doesn't look like worn out too much. What is your opinion?

Off Topic: On first read, I was like - OMG, this guy had to replace 200 clutches in his XUV and I am only on my 2nd.
But then I got back my senses.
Old 25th October 2020, 11:59   #4582

Hello everyone,
Can anyone suggest me a tried and tested FNG for XUV500 in Delhi NCR? I have checked out the Team-BHP directory and would like some more suggestions.
Old 25th October 2020, 14:58   #4583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navad29 View Post
Hello everyone,
Can anyone suggest me a tried and tested FNG for XUV500 in Delhi NCR? I have checked out the Team-BHP directory and would like some more suggestions.
Is there a problem going to a Mahindra dealer? They are pretty reliable once you convince them to stick to the service manual
Old 25th October 2020, 16:23   #4584

Quote:
Is there a problem going to a Mahindra dealer? They are pretty reliable once you convince them to stick to the service manual
We just got our 50k servicing and were given a very high quote for a number of things like 8k for suspension bushing replacement. Hence we would like to have a second view taken on the issues quoted by MASS. Also, most of the time we give the car for a work, MASS gives back the car with more problems.
Hence the search for a reliable FNG.
Old 31st October 2020, 22:37   #4585

Hello everyone,

I have bought a pre-worshipped XUV 500 W10 (Nov 2015 Make, 54000 Km run) last week. The car is very well maintained, runs perfectly fine and is covered under the Mahindra Shield warranty till 24 Nov 2020.

I have noticed these issues (not major though):-

1. Reverse parking sensor beeps persistently when the reverse gear is engaged, even with no obstacle around (The rear steel guard is perfectly aligned. I have tried cleaning the sensors/ camera as well.)

2. Bluetooth Mike Phone Connection - my voice is not heard on the other side. I use Redmi Pro 7 phone. I doubt that the Bluetooth mike may not be working.

3. Tumbling the smaller middle row seat (for access to the third row) is successful only once in twenty-thirty attempts. The lever seems ineffective or may be I am missing the trick.

I want to know whether the above are covered under the Mahindra Shield - if so I shall get these rectified before the warranty expires. Or else, if I am missing some trick, any guidance is most welcome. Thanks.
Old 1st November 2020, 20:27   #4586
Senior - BHPian

Remove the rear bullbar. They are illegal anyway.

As for the mike check for any volume control that it has, it might be muted. Or the bluetooth mike volume on your phone might be muted.

Lubricate the tumbling lever - maybe a spray of wd40 - and see if things improve. Else get a dealer to check it.

As for extended warranty, under 5 years and under 50k km is the cutoff I think. You can buy it online on withyouhamesha.com or using the withyouhamesha app if you have registered for it (which I recommend that you do, at your dealer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by awanish View Post
1. Reverse parking sensor beeps persistently when the reverse gear is engaged, even with no obstacle around (The rear steel guard is perfectly aligned. I have tried cleaning the sensors/ camera as well.)

2. Bluetooth Mike Phone Connection - my voice is not heard on the other side. I use Redmi Pro 7 phone. I doubt that the Bluetooth mike may not be working.

3. Tumbling the smaller middle row seat (for access to the third row) is successful only once in twenty-thirty attempts. The lever seems ineffective or may be I am missing the trick.

I want to know whether the above are covered under the Mahindra Shield - if so I shall get these rectified before the warranty expires. Or else, if I am missing some trick, any guidance is most welcome. Thanks.
Old 1st November 2020, 22:53   #4587
BHPian

Quote:
You should get these checked by the dealer and ask them to fix it in extended warranty.
Old 1st November 2020, 23:03   #4588
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I have bought a pre-worshipped XUV 500 W10 (Nov 2015 Make, 54000 Km run) last week. The car is very well maintained, runs perfectly fine and is covered under the Mahindra Shield warranty till 24 Nov 2020.

I have noticed these issues (not major though):-

To check the mic, press voice command button on the steering wheel and speak some commands.. you will know if the mic works or not.
Old 13th November 2020, 12:43   #4589
BHPian

Guys,

Given my XUV500 (W8) for 80K service in Mangalore (Karnataka Agencies). SE here informs me that Brake pads are worn out for both front & back and need to be replaced.

I was surprised since I didn't see any warning on the screen on the Brake pads being worn out (since we have a sensor). The last brake pad was changed at around 60K Km

For which SE says that
- the sensor is available only for the front wheel and no sensor on the back wheel. Is it so?
- The sensor on the front wheel might not be working/disconnected.

This is going to be close to 10K addition to the bill. Not sure what to do.

Please suggest.
Old 13th November 2020, 16:38   #4590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
For which SE says that
- the sensor is available only for the front wheel and no sensor on the back wheel. Is it so?
- The sensor on the front wheel might not be working/disconnected.

This is going to be close to 10K addition to the bill. Not sure what to do.

Please suggest.
1. If the sensor is malfunctioning an ECU scan will flag the malfunction
2. Have the brake pads removed in front of you and be shown the wear, and also check the brake discs. Compare it with a new set of brake pads and discs, if necessary post photos here.

Don't let either of these two be done out of your sight. Mahindra brake pads don't usually wear out in 20k km.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks