Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2018, 20:35   #4396
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Do i need to get this checked immediately to avoid more damage ?
Any idea how much generally it cost's for getting this issue addressed ?.
There wont be any damage as such apart from you facing clutch failure, however you can visit any service center and get your clutch pressure checked. I have not done yet, however other owners from Bangalore have got it done from Chrome motors Mysore road.

I guess clutch, labour and allied expenses come to around Rs 20000.
Old 29th December 2018, 20:53   #4397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I have now started getting slight engine vibration now and then while releasing clutch in 1st or 2nd gear at low speeds. I think this is the first signs of clutch going bad.

This could also be due to the engine foundation bush having gone weak. How many Kms has your car done? Does the engine vibrate severely while you crank or shut down the engine?

Anyways if the bush needs replacement it should cost you around 2500/-

Cheers

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd January 2019 at 11:45. Reason: Typos corrected
Old 29th December 2018, 21:35   #4398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitdongerkery View Post
This could also be due to the engine foundation bush having gone weak. How many Kms has your car done? Does the engine vibrate severely while you crank or shut down the engine?

Anyways if the bush needs replacement it should cost you around 2500/-

Cheers
It has completed 34500 kms. It does not vibrate severely but it does a little more than how it used to be earlier at least while shutting down the engine. So it might be that the bush is the culprit here as there is no issue with pick up at all. Thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd January 2019 at 11:46. Reason: Quoted post corrected.
Old 29th December 2018, 22:18   #4399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Bangalore bhpians generally use Madhus which has state of the art Hunter equipment

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...galore-22.html (Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore))

The same with any MRF tyre store - they too use Hunter
Hunter by far is the most popular one I have seen. JK tyres steel wheels outlets too use this. It is a very good tool to find out what the problem is , however to fix anything other than toe-in/out you need to go to elsewhere.

I have not been to Madhus, however Vijay wheel alignment that uses a non electronic scale for alignment is by far the best that I have experienced , recommended by Mahindra dealer as well.

I have fixed camber issues with two vehicles in Vijay and then cross checked it on Hunter equipment in JK tyres and it was accurate.

They are also the few who do a road test and make finer adjustments if needed, the old school way they used to do in our 95 esteem.

It's ironic that the first time I went to Vijay on Mahindra dealer's recommendation, I was disappointed to see the non fancy equipment and walked out of the place, only to return a few months later after spending a lot of money and time elsewhere without being able to fix the camber problem. Needless to say I was a lot wiser this time. You can ask for a technician Vinod at their JP Nagar store.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 14:22   #4400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
I am awaiting an update from the same ERAM motors in Calicut.
This ended up being the replacement of the entire radiator fan and things are back on track. So my radiator fan did live upto 100,000 KMS. The total bill came up to about 10 K

Meanwhile, just wanted to put to your notice that the ERAM motors in Wayanad does not have sufficient manpower to handle XUV, Marazzo, related issues - so would suggest you to take your cars to general workshops here in Wayanad and then take the car back to your preferred MASS to handle things better.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 17:51   #4401
BHPian

Hi folks
mine is a 2012 xuv
The fuel level indicator has been blinking for few days now.
Has any one experienced this and can you suggest a possible solution.

Have a video, but unable to upload.
Old 31st December 2018, 18:29   #4402
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
Hi folks
mine is a 2012 xuv
The fuel level indicator has been blinking for few days now.
Has any one experienced this and can you suggest a possible solution.

Have a video, but unable to upload.
I have exact same issue since few months. In my case, it keeps on blinking 90-95% of the time the car is On. When it is blinling, even the DTE (distance to empty) is incorrect.

I thought it would be the fuel level sensor at the fuel tank end which would be faulty or might have a loose connection. When I took it to service center, they plugged in a new instrument meter console and in that the fuel level indicator was not blinking and DTE was pretty accurate. So they said, the instrument cluster needs replacement and costs 13,000.
On my insistence, they checked the sensor at the fuel tank end as well and told me that it was perfectly fine.

13000 is a bit too much and I opted out for the time being. The fuel level indocator has been blinking to glory from that day onwards.

PS - my car is May2012 manufactured

Last edited by SDP : 31st December 2018 at 18:30.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 18:37   #4403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I have exact same issue

13000 is a bit too much and I opted out for the time being. The fuel level indocator has been blinking to glory from that day onwards.

13k is too much to spend for that. Will have to use trip meter now to have the fuel consumed calc .

Let it blink
ad75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 18:39   #4404
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Looks like the GCM (Gauge Control Module) failure. At the most, you can check the grounding points; else replacement of the entire gauge cluster might be necessary.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 11:58   #4405
BHPian

Quote:
Do you mind sharing how many Kms your XUV has clocked mine is October 2012 model clocked 142xxx Kms.
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20181231_091037a.jpg

I am always skeptical of owning a complex Mahindra car after its warranty has lapsed. Why isn't Mahindra offering 6th & 7th year extended warranty like other manufacturers?

13k is too much for an instrument cluster.

P.S. I just changed the second clutch plate at 140xxx Kms.
Feels as good as new now.
OverKill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 14:36   #4406
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
Do you mind sharing how many Kms your XUV has clocked mine is October 2012 model clocked 142xxx Kms.

I am always skeptical of owning a complex Mahindra car after its warranty has lapsed. Why isn't Mahindra offering 6th & 7th year extended warranty like other manufacturers?

13k is too much for an instrument cluster.

P.S. I just changed the second clutch plate at 140xxx Kms.
Feels as good as new now.
1.42Lakhs is impressive!
I have clocked barely half of that...about 73k kms.

Yes, 13,000 Rs price for a instrument cluster (a part which is supposed to last the life-time of a car), did bother me.
I recently paid some 9k for rear wiper motor, which I found a bit too much.
My FM reception is poor and the quote for replacing the antenna + wiring + labour was 4k. I opted out for the time being.

So yes, even I am worried about upkeep cost after the warranty got over

Last edited by SDP : 1st January 2019 at 14:39.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16:21   #4407

My XUV (2012 model) is having an issue while shifting the gear to 5th.

I hear quick soft-grinding/metal-rubbing sound while releasing the clutch after shifting to the 5th gear. This sound happens when the speed is above 90 kmph and I shift the gear to 5th slot and when the clutch is released. This sound does not come from the gear box area. Also, this sound does not come if I shift the gear when the speed at 80 Kmph.

I am not facing any loss in the pickup.

My car's current ODO is 54,000 kms. I have already replaced the clutch kit and the slave cylinder when the ODO was 38,000kms.

Please let me know if there could be some issue with the clutch.
Old 2nd January 2019, 23:16   #4408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, 13,000 Rs price for a instrument cluster (a part which is supposed to last the life-time of a car), did bother me.
Even considering a case where its an instrument issue, is replacing entire cluster required?
I have a slight grinding noise coming from my XUVs tachometer since past few weeks, when I checked with RM he said its possible to replace just the tachometer. In that case it should be possible to replace just the speedo also (which houses fuel gauge) rather than changing the whole cluster.

Last edited by SDP : 3rd January 2019 at 10:13. Reason: minor typo :)
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:12   #4409
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Even considering a case where its an instrument issue, is replacing entire cluster required?
I have a slight grinding noise coming from my XUVs tachometer since past few weeks, when I checked with RM he said its possible to replace just the tachometer. In that case it should be possible to replace just the speedo also (which houses fuel gauge) rather than changing the whole cluster.
Have checked this with 2 different service centers and the response has been consistent. We anyways know how eager the service centers are for "replace" option as against "repair".

Let me talk to my RM again next time I am there.
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:13   #4410

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivian_thomas View Post
My XUV (2012 model) is having an issue while shifting the gear to 5th.

I hear quick soft-grinding/metal-rubbing sound while releasing the clutch after shifting to the 5th gear. This sound happens when the speed is above 90 kmph and I shift the gear to 5th slot and when the clutch is released. This sound does not come from the gear box area. Also, this sound does not come if I shift the gear when the speed at 80 Kmph.

I am not facing any loss in the pickup.

My car's current ODO is 54,000 kms. I have already replaced the clutch kit and the slave cylinder when the ODO was 38,000kms.

Please let me know if there could be some issue with the clutch.
Also, please let me know the ideal speed to shift the gear to 5th slot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks