Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2018, 19:03   #4336
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Hello all,

I have the new XUV500, and i have a issue with the TPMS. I have inflated the tyres to 32psi as per the recommendation, and the bluesense app shows 34-35 psi for all tyres. I have rechecked with mini inflator and the cold tyre pressures are 32psi.

Is there anyway to recalibrate the TPMS?
Old 30th June 2018, 19:53   #4337
BHPian

Last Saturday was driving to pune from bombay for a wedding suddenly after Lonavala HDC HHC error/ light came on with error indication on ICE.
On reaching pune, found car wont switch off, battery wont disconnect . After consultation from TORC group removed battery connection tried to resetbut made no difference.Meanwhile barely got to attend the wedding which was quite disappointing!!. After wedding/ lunch took the cheetah to MASS sahyadri motors at http://https://goo.gl/maps/3rWuTdjQEGm , they told me they do not repair XUV's there
Finally after a few phone calls got the address to another Sahyadri MASS at Wakad. The technician there worked for 3 hrs with no solution just that a wire is shorted for the right front tyre ABS. My kids and family meanwhile were getting very irritated and rightly so. (My twins are just 3). Finally gave up there and drove back home with instructions by the technician to remove the battery at night.
Next day being Sunday, on Monday gave it at my regular mumbai MASS NBS where , after 2 days and after extensively working they conclude ABS wire sensor to right front wheel was found chewed by rat giving all the fault alarms. Finally the wire was repaired, car was got to normal and until now working fine. The rodents can cause all sorts of damage and one fault especially in the electronic circuit renders ineffective a lot of the Cheetah's systems. Planning to get an anti rodent treatment soon.
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_0507.jpg
Pic 1: Diwali lights as TBHPIAN Abirnale says

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_5136.jpg
Diwali lights 2

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-534ac15202f04aef99a718ecc59206cd.jpg
Light wont go off !!

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_5141.jpg
At Sahyadri MASS Pune

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_5191.jpg
At NBS Mumbai, checks carried out
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 20:12   #4338
BHPian

It's 32K on the ODO and i feel there will be need of front brake pads replacement very soon. The ones at MASS costs approx Rs. 5000 which i feel is too high.

After a bit of research found out that even bosch manufactures front brake pads for XUV, the sensor ones and costs downward of Rs. 1500. If anyone has experience of using it please do share your views.

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd July 2018, 23:25   #4339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Has anyone found a solution to the outside smell peeping into the cabin on recirculation mode ?

The service guys say there is no solution for the same and have to live with it. Is that so ?
While idling at the traffic signal, I could feel exhaust fumes irritating the eyes and nostrils.
This is the exact same issue I'm facing with my brand new W11 AT AWD. Has any Bhpian found a solution for the same?
Old 9th July 2018, 18:32   #4340
BHPian

Hi all,

I am facing issue between XUV 500 W10 AT AWD bluetooth and iphone 8 connectivity. Since last three months, many times when I get a call or dial a call, the Iphone and XUV bluetooth connectivity keeps toggling between iphone, speaker, Mahindra and other side cannot hear anything. I have been engaged with Mahindra Regional team and they are trying to figure out but don't have a clue yet.

My wife also uses Iphone X paired with XUV, but she hasn't faced any issue as per her.

Has anyone else also faced similar issue in recent past.
My software on XUV (One supporting Android Auto) and Iphone 8 (iOS 11.4) is latest.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Old 13th July 2018, 16:34   #4341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingwolf View Post
This is the exact same issue I'm facing with my brand new W11 AT AWD. Has any Bhpian found a solution for the same?
Its a long time pending issue in XUV, carried forward from 1st generation models. You will have to replace the flap which stops outside air from entering the cabin.

Couple of years back a member had put a detailed post on how it was done, you may have to do some search to find that post.
mpksuhas is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 14:08   #4342
Senior - BHPian

Need help on an observation. The Ecosense in the new model has the mileage stuck between 9-18kmpl. It doesn't go beyond that. Is is something that can be changed or do we have to live with that number itself
Old 23rd July 2018, 18:39   #4343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Need help on an observation. The Ecosense in the new model has the mileage stuck between 9-18kmpl. It doesn't go beyond that. Is is something that can be changed or do we have to live with that number itself
I think the max is capped at 18kmpl.
Old 23rd July 2018, 21:49   #4344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Yes right from the first model XUV shows in the range of 9 to 18kmpl.
Old 1st August 2018, 17:24   #4345

Need help regarding January 2016 W10 XUV. Sometimes it refuses to start even when there is power to all the systems. The only option left will be to push start it. I have got the car and the battery checked from MASS and they said it is fine.

It even happens when car has been switched off for just 10 minutes. Like today I drove it for around 40 Kms and on reaching home switched it off for approx 10 mins so that i can grab some papers. On trying to start it again it refused to start and i had to push it to get it working. Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Old 1st August 2018, 17:52   #4346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingwolf View Post
We had this challenge with my 2012 XUV5OO and had got it rectified by replacing the shutters within the Dashboard. This is quite a labor as the whole dashboard has to be removed.

In my car, the issue was with the quality of the sponge which ensures proper shutting of the external air intake.

A replacement should do your job.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 19:45   #4347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabh.asthana View Post
Need help regarding January 2016 W10 XUV. Sometimes it refuses to start even when there is power to all the systems. The only option left will be to push start it. I have got the car and the battery checked from MASS and they said it is fine.

It even happens when car has been switched off for just 10 minutes. Like today I drove it for around 40 Kms and on reaching home switched it off for approx 10 mins so that i can grab some papers. On trying to start it again it refused to start and i had to push it to get it working. Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Chat "Jai Mahindra Baba" before you start your car and there should not be any problem

On a serious note, I am guessing there is an issue with the starter motor. Din't the ASC check for the starter motor? Or possibility could be the battery terminals not connected properly. Please have the ASC diagnose the issue and provide a fix.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 10:51   #4348
BHPian

I have a 2015 W6 that has run 70k kms. Of late, I started facing a peculiar problem- while the stereo system is playing music, there would be a sudden thud sound and the audio is lost. Sometimes the screen would get hanged. Once i tried switching off the stereo power using the hard button on the central dial and upon restarting the stereo, everything was fine. Few days later, it happened again. This time I tried the same routine but it didn't start. This time I had to switch off the vehicle completely and the audio was back again. The third time I had to try different permutations and combinations of the aforesaid processes to get life back to the stereo system. Not taking any chances lest it led to some electrical mishap I contacted the Mahindra service station. The service advisor said that the stereo system would have to be checked. Since, thankfully and luckily at the last moment, I had taken the extended warranty I was relieved to hear that this might be covered under warranty. I have brought the truck to service station today and the service advisor himself told me the symptoms that I might have observed, and thus appears to be a common problem. I was told that there is a "silver box" at the rear of the stereo system that may have gone kaput. The stereo would be sent to Nippon for rectification and it would take 5 days as I am told. Will update as and when I hear about the actual problem.
Car-riedAway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 16:33   #4349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-riedAway View Post
I have a 2015 W6 that has run 70k kms. Of late, I started facing a peculiar problem- while the stereo system is playing music, there would be a sudden thud sound and the audio is lost.
I had experienced the same problem in my XUV W6 (2012 model). A loud sound (as if something heavy has dropped inside the car) followed by the audio system becoming silent. Fortunately my XUV was under warranty (this problem occurred within 1 year of buying) and the 'silver box' was replaced by Nippon. I did not face the problem thereafter for the next 4 years of XUV ownership.

Problems with the 'silver box' of XUV are quite common. I hope M&M ditch Nippon and find a better manufacturer for their audio and HVAC control systems.
Old 6th August 2018, 18:25   #4350
PGA
BHPian

The problem is peculiar to W6, the problem is with so called silver box. It happened thrice with me and with every repair the problem reoccurred. So insist on new piece. My car is fine now for last three years after replacement with a new one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks