Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2017, 18:04   #4246
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Clocked 96600km on my 2013 W8 AWD. I'm glad I have the extended warranty, need to replace the water motor (front wiper...). The suspension is really giving me issues now with the rear moving all over the place over bad roads and undulations at high speed. I have heard the suspension is covered under warranty upto 1 lac km. Let's see. Otherwise she is just fine
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20170815_175724828_hdr01800x600.jpeg  

BunnyPunia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 20:27   #4247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Last weekend, when i was traveling to my hometown, all of a sudden, infotainment started showing errors that "Hill descent control cannot be activated" and ESP warning light started glowing. No other issue, i managed to reach my home town without any issues. Same thing happened during the return journey to Bangalore as well.

Thanks to Team-BHP !!! Searched and read some posts and listed down the possible root causes. It eventually turned out to be steering alignment issue. Couple of weeks back i did Wheel Alignment in Tyre Empire, HSR Layout. Looks like the alignment guy screwed up the setting.

Got it fixed today at Sireesh Auto and had a long drive. Didnt see the warning coming again. Hopefully, it's resolved.
:(

I am also facing similar issue with my XUV. Did you had any re-occurrence of this issue?
Old 11th September 2017, 20:59   #4248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
I am also facing similar issue with my XUV. Did you had any re-occurrence of this issue?
Nope. Based on our group info, it could be due to steering misalignment or due to rat chewing some sensor cables w.r.t ESP. Mine was the steering issue.
Old 12th September 2017, 12:59   #4249
Senior - BHPian

OK...this is not a niggle or an issue. in fact its a pretty stupid situation that I am facing and request some insight.

Yesterday i was approaching a toll booth and scooped out some coins for paying the toll, which i normally keep in one of the cup holders behind the gear stick. One 10 rupee coin fell between my seat and the center console. Later when i tried retrieving it, the coin slipped under the center console and now is not visible or accessible. I tried pressing down on the carpet near the seat rails, but to no avail (except scratching my finger- Damn that plastic has sharp edges!)

Now my worry is can that coin lodge itself in some place where it can cause damage to the drive train or transmission?

Mine is an automatic XUV.
Old 12th September 2017, 13:05   #4250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Now my worry is can that coin lodge itself in some place where it can cause damage to the drive train or transmission?
Can you not remove the gear stalk panel and peep inside? In the manual one, i can just use the leather wrap at the base of gear stalk and peek inside. A smaller/ thinner hand can even reach around and retrieve something fallen in that area. Doesn't look like even if the object stays there any issues to me though.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 13:16   #4251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Can you not remove the gear stalk panel and peep inside? In the manual one, i can just use the leather wrap at the base of gear stalk and peek inside. A smaller/ thinner hand can even reach around and retrieve something fallen in that area. Doesn't look like even if the object stays there any issues to me though.
the gear stalk is steel and the base plate is solid plastic. Also, it fell below the center console so the only way to access would be to remove the center console side panel near the driver footwell.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 13:33   #4252
BHPian

Guys, my XUV w8 FWD is 2013 Sep make and has done 52k kilometers.

Few days back I noticed that when during stop and go traffic, sometimes it gives a sound as if the engine is kinda revving (or some similar sound) when I put clutch and brake to stop. the rpm needle is still below 1k mark. to get the sound off all i need to do is push the accelerator a little (with or without clutch depending if I need to be stationary or moving).

I just got it serviced from G3 motors (3 weeks back) and I had confirmed with the service engineer that everything is fine.

Can someone help me what that sound would be coming from? I will show it to the service engineer tomorrow but needed a fair bit of an idea of how bad the situation can be as I need the car on Thursday early morning, so I dont have much time.

tia
Old 13th September 2017, 08:26   #4253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Guys, my XUV w8 FWD is 2013 Sep make and has done 52k kilometers.

Few days back I noticed that when during stop and go traffic, sometimes it gives a sound as if the engine is kinda revving (or some similar sound) when I put clutch and brake to stop.

Can someone help me what that sound would be coming from? I will show it to the service engineer tomorrow but needed a fair bit of an idea of how bad the situation can be as I need the car on Thursday early morning, so I dont have much time.

tia
The reasons for engine revving up without input to accelerator pedals can be due to:-
1. Choked fuel filters.
2. Vacuum modulators being faulty. There are two of them one each for egr & turbo.
3. Sensor fault.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 11:35   #4254
BHPian

Guys,
My XUV 500 is now 44,490 Kms driven. I replaced my front break pads at 25000 Kms. I did my 40,000 Km service and the advisor did not inform about probably break pad wear out in the next 2-3 K kms. I just gave my car for a general checkup (@ 44,940 Kms) since I am planning on a Rajasthan trip coming Dussera vacation. Now, the service advisor calls up and says that my front discs and pads are all worn out.
My point is, neither did my advisor warn me about pad wearout in the near future, nor did the sensor warn me. How am I supposed to know when to get it checked and replaced? I have for now informed the advisor that I will not pay for the discs since it is not my fault. My question here is :-
1. How to verify the pads and discs are worn out? I know to some extent about pads since I have seen it in team-bhp, but I have no idea about how to check the discs.
2. Could I have really ruined my discs and pads so early? Since my driving pattern has not changed at all, if it wore out at 25K, it should wear out at close to 50k. Right?
Old 14th September 2017, 14:52   #4255
BHPian

Does anyone have email I'd of Anand Mahindra. Or escalation point in Mahindra group.
Old 14th September 2017, 19:39   #4256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Does anyone have email I'd of Anand Mahindra. Or escalation point in Mahindra group.
What happened? Any problem with your beast?
Old 16th September 2017, 20:40   #4257
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriram.raghavan View Post
My question here is :-
1. How to verify the pads and discs are worn out? I know to some extent about pads since I have seen it in team-bhp, but I have no idea about how to check the discs.
2. Could I have really ruined my discs and pads so early? Since my driving pattern has not changed at all, if it wore out at 25K, it should wear out at close to 50k. Right?
State of discs and pads can be checked very easily, carry out visual inspection of the thickness the friction surface on pads, it can be seen easily in situ also or removing them is a 30 sec job after the wheels have been removed. For very technical check ask the advisor to show you the manual indicating stipulated thickness and measure it with simple ruler. Another way is to compare your so called worn out pad with a new one and see the percentage of wear to take a call on how long will it last.

Discs normally are expected to last the lifetime of the vehicle unless it has met with an accident or has taken a major hit or driving with worn out pads over a considerable distance. Discs do not wear out instead get warped or scaled. Take your call appropriately.
Old 17th September 2017, 19:11   #4258

Cheetah Owners - hope I'm posting it in the right area.

I own a XUV 500 W8 from December 2014, did around 36900 km so far.
Recently switched to Android phone and downloaded the Bluesense app from Google play store.
First version I downloaded didnt connect via bluetooth at all (kept complaining - couldnt pair. While my Redmi Note 4 was actually connected). This app is from https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ahindra.xuv500
(version 2.0)

The older version (found at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=com.visteon) pairs with car, but doesnt show any data from TPMS

Did anyone succeed connecting with new app and old XUV (2014)?

P.S.: I'll be writing to mobapps.mahindra.com too
P.P.S: Is anyone still using Blaupunkt DVR (http://www.blaupunkt.com/en/nc/produ.../single/11033/) without the unit falling off the glass every fortnight?

Regards,
kk
Old 19th September 2017, 19:14   #4259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
State of discs and pads can be checked very easily, carry out visual inspection of the thickness the friction surface on pads, it can be seen easily in situ also or removing them is a 30 sec job after the wheels have been removed. For very technical check ask the advisor to show you the manual indicating stipulated thickness and measure it with simple ruler. Another way is to compare your so called worn out pad with a new one and see the percentage of wear to take a call on how long will it last.

Discs normally are expected to last the lifetime of the vehicle unless it has met with an accident or has taken a major hit or driving with worn out pads over a considerable distance. Discs do not wear out instead get warped or scaled. Take your call appropriately.
Sorry for the delay in response. I am somehow not convinced with the disc wear reason. The service advisor and the manager both gave different reasons. Finally the manager's reason was that the disc wear is calculated by the amount of groove on the edge. I felt a few cars in the garage but could not see any difference. Posting pics for others :-
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-disc1.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2017, 01:10   #4260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriram.raghavan View Post
Sorry for the delay in response. I am somehow not convinced with the disc wear reason. The service advisor and the manager both gave different reasons. Finally the manager's reason was that the disc wear is calculated by the amount of groove on the edge. I felt a few cars in the garage but could not see any difference. Posting pics for others :-
Inspection Disc: 1. Inspect the disc thickness before assembling the caliper back to the carrier. a. Actual thickness of front disc = 30 mm b. Minimum thickness of front disc = 28 mm. Inspect the thickness of the pad. 3. Replace the pad assembly if the pad thickness is less than the limit value.

Inspection Pad: Measure the pad lining thickness, if it is found to be 10mm or less it has to be replaced. The inboard pads of front brakes are provided withthe wear indicator and pads are to be replaced along with wear indicator.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 26th September 2017 at 03:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks