Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2017, 13:59   #4231

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

I had picked up my W6 on 14th July.

I observe the below cuts in the Black cladding and Body probably required to fit the Foot Step. I did not opt for the Side Foot Steps from the Dealer.

Can fellow Owners comment if these cuts are Factory provided ? or
Dealership does this to fix the Side step ?

any insights is much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img20170717wa0002.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img20170717wa0004.jpg  

Old 17th July 2017, 14:43   #4232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msivasan View Post
Can fellow Owners comment if these cuts are Factory provided ?
Those are factory done, its jacking points.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 14:52   #4233

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Those are factory done, its jacking points.
Cut in the metal looks uneven which bothered me.
Old 17th July 2017, 14:57   #4234
APV
BHPian

Quote:
I had picked up my W6 on 14th July.

I observe the below cuts in the Black cladding and Body probably required to fit the Foot Step. I did not opt for the Side Foot Steps from the Dealer.

any insights is much appreciated.

Congratulations on your purchase.

If I am not wrong, those carvings are to indicate the jack points in case of flat tyre. Please check user manual Section 2.6.4 Jacking

wish you many more happy miles.

edit: suhas has already provided the answer. Sharing the link of online user manual, might be useful.

https://www.withyouhamesha.com/owner...W6_W8_W10.html

Last edited by APV : 17th July 2017 at 15:00. Reason: sharing link to online user manual
APV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 11:17   #4235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Cut in the metal looks uneven which bothered me.
If you are mentioning about two dents, it is by design.
Old 20th July 2017, 07:30   #4236
BHPian

Recently I did the 30k service for my 2014 model xuv w8. Had to change the front brake pad. Total service cost came to 12.5k which includes 2.5k GST. Service was done at TVS Mahindra Kochi and they charged me Rs.450 + 18% tax for body wash. Is this something that is done by all dealers?
Old 20th July 2017, 09:50   #4237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Service was done at TVS Mahindra Kochi and they charged me Rs.450 + 18% tax for body wash. Is this something that is done by all dealers?
This has become a norm. Washing is no more free in Services at least here in Bangalore. And Most of the service stations in Bangalore are not authorised to do proper jet-water wash. Dry wash is the mandate by civic authorities due to issues of foamed lakes and pollution, I have heard.
Old 20th July 2017, 11:36   #4238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
This has become a norm. Washing is no more free in Services at least here in Bangalore. And Most of the service stations in Bangalore are not authorised to do proper jet-water wash. Dry wash is the mandate by civic authorities due to issues of foamed lakes and pollution, I have heard.
The other thing that was brought up just yesterday was the introduction of pickup and drop charges of Rs 400 for every instance. I argued that it wasn't charged earlier but the service guys said that this has been instructed since May
Old 31st July 2017, 11:04   #4239
BHPian

I have a W10 (new age XUV) and it has run about 17k kms so far. I have been regular with the services, so far it has run quite well without any issues. Of late I have been hearing a loud screeching sound as I apply my brakes. I wonder if my brake pads should wear out so soon?
I also happened to see another XUV drive past a few days ago and saw the exact same behavior. Wonder if this is a common XUV niggle or it is just me?

Also, I just wanted to get a confirmation on android auto update. I assume it makes no sense to get this update done in case I own an iphone?

Your thoughts and advise please?
Old 1st August 2017, 23:25   #4240
BHPian

Last weekend, when i was traveling to my hometown, all of a sudden, infotainment started showing errors that "Hill descent control cannot be activated" and ESP warning light started glowing. No other issue, i managed to reach my home town without any issues. Same thing happened during the return journey to Bangalore as well.

Thanks to Team-BHP !!! Searched and read some posts and listed down the possible root causes. It eventually turned out to be steering alignment issue. Couple of weeks back i did Wheel Alignment in Tyre Empire, HSR Layout. Looks like the alignment guy screwed up the setting.

Got it fixed today at Sireesh Auto and had a long drive. Didnt see the warning coming again. Hopefully, it's resolved.

Team-BHP continues to walk with me throughout my car ownership journey. Awesome !!

On the other note, saw a recently purchased XUV in Sireesh Auto with dashboard removed. I went near the car to check with the technician on what the issue was. I didnt have to ask the question though. I could smell the issue - Trapped dead rat .. Poor technician guy :(

Last edited by sbala : 1st August 2017 at 23:29.
sbala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:13   #4241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
L I didnt have to ask the question though. I could smell the issue - Trapped dead rat .. Poor technician guy :(
Rats always love XUV5OOs - Once I had to tow the car as it did not crank, this was coz some rats had some wiring for dinner.

Recently - the windshield water sprayer pump - and also the wiring from the bonnet closing switch.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 18:51   #4242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got it fixed today at Sireesh Auto and had a long drive. Didnt see the warning coming again. Hopefully, it's resolved.
Usually the error comes up after driving continuously for ~ 12 KMS. The technicians at Sireesh Singasandra is aware of the same.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 20:22   #4243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Went for my 3rd free service today, and remembering this, took care to search for a month old email that mentioned a yet to be utilized Monsoon wash code, and took a print out of the same.

However, the SA mentioned that washing is complimentary for free service, and I should use the coupon some other time. While the vehicle was being washed, took the opportunity to get the car spa guys to remove a pesky sticker from the rear windscreen.
Old 2nd August 2017, 21:00   #4244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
I have a W10 (new age XUV) and it has run about 17k kms so far. I have been regular with the services, so far it has run quite well without any issues. Of late I have been hearing a loud screeching sound as I apply my brakes. I wonder if my brake pads should wear out so soon?
I also happened to see another XUV drive past a few days ago and saw the exact same behavior. Wonder if this is a common XUV niggle or it is just me?
Do you notice this while its raining ? Or even when its dry? If while raining its fine, If you notice this even when its dry, Just get the pads cleaned, Its a common problem, Does not hamper braking in anyway.

Quote:
Also, I just wanted to get a confirmation on android auto update. I assume it makes no sense to get this update done in case I own an iphone?
No point if you own an iphone.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 00:05   #4245
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of weeks back i did Wheel Alignment in Tyre Empire, HSR Layout. Looks like the alignment guy screwed up the setting.
:(
This guy is horrible , once i got WA,WB at same shop before i go for a 2K long journey, the vehicle is titling on the rear left side. I stopped going to this guy after that. Because of this the edges of the tires has gone bad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks