Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2017, 12:43   #4216

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjains View Post
Bit of background first:
I own a XUV 500 W10 AT AWD for past 15 months. Have driven it 30K through all terrains from Bangalore to Ladakh. Facing a weird issue for past 2-3 months and would like some expert opinion on it:

Every so often, randomly I might add, I get this warning "Front brake pads are worn out. Please drive at reduced speeds". I got my brake pads changed at 20K from my local mechanic. In past 2 months I have gotten it rechecked and cleaned twice, but the warning still keeps coming. I am satisfied with the braking performance of my XUV. No issues there. According to my mechanic the brake pads still have 80% of life left. I have driven it in rains and dry weather and I am getting the warning in both cases.

Any ideas?
I had a similar issue where it would keep saying front brake pads worn out on the IS continuously. It was so frequent that I had to power off the IS as it was too distracting. Could not even listen to any music during that particular trip :(

Went to the service center and they said that brake pad sensor warns if the pad is less than 6 mm thick. Initially it comes with 12 mm thickness. I had got them changed just 10k Kms back and it was exactly at 6 mm thickness. He told me the only solution now is to remove the sensor wire. So I got that done. Will be connecting it back when the pads wear out completely and I get them changed

Last edited by SDP : 9th July 2017 at 16:16. Reason: Changed inches to mm :)
Old 10th July 2017, 10:58   #4217

I'm facing some strange problem with the Horn in my car. When stirring is turned on left side, horn stop working. Again this is not happening every time.
Even service engineer is not able to find any problem. He is saying that all electricals are in good shape and there is no broken part.
Mine is W6 model and covered 40K Kms. Has anyone faced this problem?
Another issue is related to Start / Stop function. I don't remember when exactly it stops working, but since I rarely used it, so can live without it.

- Hemant
Old 10th July 2017, 13:21   #4218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belorkar View Post
Another issue is related to Start / Stop function. I don't remember when exactly it stops working, but since I rarely used it, so can live without it.

- Hemant
Get your battery checked. If the system detects that the battery is low enough for stop/start work, it will not even stop the engine even if all conditions are favourable for stopping engine. Stop/start is different from Engine start using the keys
krishnaraja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 15:10   #4219
BHPian

Quote:
I'm facing some strange problem with the Horn in my car. When stirring is turned on left side, horn stop working. Again this is not happening every time.
Even service engineer is not able to find any problem. He is saying that all electricals are in good shape and there is no broken part.

- Hemant
This issue was there in my earlier car. Was solved by replacing the horn pads as the contacts we worn out. Nothing to do with electricals..
Travelator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 15:28   #4220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
they have changed the brake pads 2 days ago and still squeaking noise is coming. Though its intensity has reduced a lot. So what could be the next step here. changing rotors by Mahindra?
Yes, you should get the rotors checked as well.Its not that usual to have rotors develop issues so early but may be due to worn out pads rotors are damaged. Nevertheless, do a check please.
Old 10th July 2017, 16:33   #4221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjains View Post
Bit of background first:
I own a XUV 500 W10 AT AWD for past 15 months. Have driven it 30K through all terrains from Bangalore to Ladakh. Facing a weird issue for past 2-3 months and would like some expert opinion on it:

Every so often, randomly I might add, I get this warning "Front brake pads are worn out. Please drive at reduced speeds". I got my brake pads changed at 20K from my local mechanic. In past 2 months I have gotten it rechecked and cleaned twice, but the warning still keeps coming. I am satisfied with the braking performance of my XUV. No issues there. According to my mechanic the brake pads still have 80% of life left. I have driven it in rains and dry weather and I am getting the warning in both cases.

Any ideas?
Perhaps this is the issue. The local mechanic may not have fitted the sensor back correctly, hence the error message.
Old 10th July 2017, 17:31   #4222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Yes, you should get the rotors checked as well.Its not that usual to have rotors develop issues so early but may be due to worn out pads rotors are damaged. Nevertheless, do a check please.
Got the rotors changed on Friday. There is no squeaking noise now.
Its back to originals where XUV brakes give the noise when applying brakes at slow speed. The automatic creep pushes the car to the front and brake tries to stop it. I am fine with it. Not sure if other XUVs also get this heavy noise when apply brake at slow speeds.
SanjeevKalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 01:02   #4223
BHPian

Quote:
Got the rotors changed on Friday. There is no squeaking noise now.
Its back to originals where XUV brakes give the noise when applying brakes at slow speed. The automatic creep pushes the car to the front and brake tries to stop it. I am fine with it. Not sure if other XUVs also get this heavy noise when apply brake at slow speeds.
Is this through warranty?
Old 11th July 2017, 10:47   #4224

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaraja View Post
Get your battery checked. If the system detects that the battery is low enough for stop/start work, it will not even stop the engine even if all conditions are favourable for stopping engine. Stop/start is different from Engine start using the keys
Thanks for your valuable comments. Will check the battery. But on the other note, low battery indicator is not showing any sign. Is it normal?
Old 11th July 2017, 10:50   #4225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelator View Post
This issue was there in my earlier car. Was solved by replacing the horn pads as the contacts we worn out. Nothing to do with electricals..
Thanks Travelator. During servicing, I was told that Horn pads were changed. Will check with my RM again. Thanks for pointing this out.
Old 12th July 2017, 14:59   #4226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Is this through warranty?
Yes. Also minor squeaking noise is still there after brake pad / rotor gets heated.

Questions for fellow BHPians:
1. Do new brakes / rotors do cause minor squeaking
2. Do other XUVs also have squeaking / grinding noise when you slow vehicle on hump or try to park in a tight spot. I noticed in few other XUVs too
3. Does AT have this problem more as creep function keeps pushing the vehicle to the front
SanjeevKalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 06:44   #4227
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your valuable comments. Will check the battery. But on the other note, low battery indicator is not showing any sign. Is it normal?
Yes, even if low battery is not indicating, this is what will happen. You may notice that when you crank the engine now, it takes extra half or 1 second before engine fully starts up, compared to when it was new. Once you change battery, this will go off and you can use the stop/start and you will see the engine is cranking much quicker.
Old 16th July 2017, 13:59   #4228
BHPian

Friends, my W8 2015 has barely done 20k km. The service adviser told me to replace the wipers. They have been barely used in last two years and I understand that the rubber could have aged but I would like to go for better quality than offered by M. I measured the sizes to be 19, 26 for front and 12 for rear (inches). Any online reliable sources that you are aware of? What brand?
Old 17th July 2017, 11:18   #4229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Any online reliable sources that you are aware of? What brand?
There are few options on Amazon.in for Bosch Clear Advantage wipers. Good ones they are as reported by many owners. May be just visit Bosch servicing centres for they should have it stock.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 11:54   #4230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Do new brakes / rotors do cause minor squeaking
2. Do other XUVs also have squeaking / grinding noise when you slow vehicle on hump or try to park in a tight spot. I noticed in few other XUVs too
1. Yes, it does randomly.
2. Squeaking as I mentioned randomly, grinding sound it doesn't. Only the initial batch of XUV's had the grinding noise issue, which was solved by new pad batch.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks