Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2012, 12:08   #406
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
What do you mean by 'prominent grinding noise!
Guess I should have been clear. I am referring to the same grinding noise which everyone else faces these days. Just that there is a need for some deep braking in between hairpin bends (Its about 200-300 Meters in between and the road isn't pretty..) The fact that you are in such a quiet place, make the brake grinding noise even more audible.

No other noise from the engine.
Old 4th June 2012, 14:33   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
Pls keep us posted if a solution is found for this issue. My RM(Sireesh Bangalore) says that NO OTHER XUV owner has this issue from Bangalore. While I find it hard to believe, I don't have anyone else endorsing my problem.

Imagine this.. You are in a bumper to bumper traffic & the aircon picks up the CO2 from the vehicles around you. You think you are in recycle mode, while all along you were breathing seriously polluted air. Other option is to open the windows - which doesn't solve the problem anyways. I feel bad every time I get stuck in the traffic & every time I pass a landfill/drain around Bangalore. Besides, in this hot summer, outside air coming inside means that the AC wont be effective at all..

Brakes.. I continue to live with the issue. Since you mentioned about your upcoming trip... I just finished a trip my place near Ooty - Went via the Kalhatty road from Mysore side - The ghat section is very steep.. Descended from Ooty via the silent valley area (Mulli.. etc.. Another seriously steep road..) XUV worked just fine - except for the prominent grinding noise in every single hair pin bend..

I will also talk to Sireesh auto about the aircon issue next time I go there. My daily route takes me past a lake, which has been spoilt by pollution and stinks really bad. I can always feel the smell even in re-circulation more. I will even take the RM to that location to demonstrate it, if he wants to. Let me see if they tell me also that no one else in Bangalore has reported this issue
Old 4th June 2012, 15:16   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_on_torque View Post
Let me see if they tell me also that no one else in Bangalore has reported this issue
2 paisa.... initially i thought issue fixed but i was wrong.. when ever i pass from domlur flyover i get that smell.. and i think about M&M
Old 4th June 2012, 15:27   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_on_torque View Post
I will also talk to Sireesh auto about the aircon issue next time I go there. My daily route takes me past a lake, which has been spoilt by pollution and stinks really bad. I can always feel the smell even in re-circulation more. I will even take the RM to that location to demonstrate it, if he wants to. Let me see if they tell me also that no one else in Bangalore has reported this issue
Guess you are talking to Leo? If so, please let me know. Lets represent as a group and get them to fix this issue. I also pass by Domlur fly over quite a bit and just can't live with the smell.
sheelapratosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 15:29   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
2 paisa.... initially i thought issue fixed but i was wrong.. when ever i pass from domlur flyover i get that smell.. and i think about M&M
Are you using Sireesh (or) India Garage? I would like to corner the Sireesh RM as a group and get some solution.
Old 4th June 2012, 16:02   #411

Quote:
Are you using Sireesh (or) India Garage? I would like to corner the Sireesh RM as a group and get some solution.
Quote:
Guess you are talking to Leo? If so, please let me know. Lets represent as a group and get them to fix this issue. I also pass by Domlur fly over quite a bit and just can't live with the smell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
I am talking to Sireesh auto only, but my RM is Roopesh, Marathalli Service Station. Idea of approaching as a group is good. I am in.
Old 4th June 2012, 16:33   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Pls keep us posted if a solution is found for this issue. My RM(Sireesh Bangalore) says that NO OTHER XUV owner has this issue from Bangalore. While I find it hard to believe, I don't have anyone else endorsing my problem.

Imagine this.. You are in a bumper to bumper traffic & the aircon picks up the CO2 from the vehicles around you. You think you are in recycle mode, while all along you were breathing seriously polluted air. Other option is to open the windows - which doesn't solve the problem anyways. I feel bad every time I get stuck in the traffic & every time I pass a landfill/drain around Bangalore. Besides, in this hot summer, outside air coming inside means that the AC wont be effective at all..
I was thinking that this is a design feature where some amount of outside air is taken inside the cabin. I have noticed this in all cars used including Skoda Laura, unless it is too bad.

Last edited by ameaa : 4th June 2012 at 16:35. Reason: Edited to put my personal views
Old 4th June 2012, 20:38   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh

Brakes.. I continue to live with the issue. Since you mentioned about your upcoming trip... I just finished a trip my place near Ooty - Went via the Kalhatty road from Mysore side - The ghat section is very steep.. Descended from Ooty via the silent valley area (Mulli.. etc.. Another seriously steep road..) XUV worked just fine - except for the prominent grinding noise in every single hair pin bend..
Tall claim that nobody else from Bangalore has reported this same issue. Pavan15 and myself have reported it numerous times at SKS with our respective RMs.
Old 8th June 2012, 14:38   #414
BHPian

I understand the TVS runs authorized Mahindra service centres across Kerala and its Sireesh, India garage and SKS in Bangalore. So generally how good is the service provided and the customer relationship for XUV compared to the other Mahindra vehicles... especially considering the major and minor niggles.

TVS has a bad name for the kind of service they provided to Fiat. I heard it was nothing great for Scorpio also. So how is it for XUV. Any owners from Kerala who use TVS. And also what is the feedback on the Bangalore ones.

FundaG
Old 8th June 2012, 16:06   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_on_torque

I am talking to Sireesh auto only, but my RM is Roopesh, Marathalli Service Station. Idea of approaching as a group is good. I am in.
We already have a 100 member strong XUV owners group on Facebook, lots of members from Bangalore. Approaching them as a group is any day better than going individually, I've seen this across quite a few auto companies.
Old 8th June 2012, 17:36   #416
BHPian

I guess that is what is required for M&M to take prompt action.
Do you feel there is a legal recourse to the whole issue as a group?
Old 11th June 2012, 12:31   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
We already have a 100 member strong XUV owners group on Facebook, lots of members from Bangalore. Approaching them as a group is any day better than going individually, I've seen this across quite a few auto companies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
I guess that is what is required for M&M to take prompt action.
Do you feel there is a legal recourse to the whole issue as a group?
I would prefer to approach as a group first. I think results will come. If not, legal recourse can be considered. I am already considering going to consumer court over the brakes issue if M&M does not solve it for good in near future.
Old 12th June 2012, 07:34   #418
BHPian

Just happened to read about some new niggles.
2.Wipers are bad quality and if it rains and you use them, they cause scratches on the windscreen. It may not happen in the first 2 minutes of usage. It can be so bad that you may want to change your windscreen.
3. Windscreen is single layered glass. Small pebble-touch can cause it to crack/ break. I have already replaced mine. I really thank Mahindra service center to do under warranty; however, it has scared me as it can happen again
4. The beautiful headlights and are made of bad glass. I have driven my car 1500 km and there are spherical shadows in the headlights from where the light passes through.
There are part of a review by Tanuja on carwale.
Havent heard of these niggles before, anyone else facing these issues ?
princey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 12:50   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
3. Windscreen is single layered glass. Small pebble-touch can cause it to crack/ break.
Havent heard of these niggles before, anyone else facing these issues ?
I had this issue . Though it is normal behaviour for a windshield to form a bubble whenever it gets impacted by tiny pebbles, the size of the bubble in my windshield is of course a cause of concern. I did not replace the windshield as such.
Old 12th June 2012, 16:42   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Hello,
can you please PM me the URL for the FB page

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks