Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2017, 15:22   #4126
BHPian

ASC is saying that it works in new gen xuvs but not in old. Mine is 4 year old w8. I am sure this is not correct because I have used it myself many times in past for the same reason.
Old 13th January 2017, 01:05   #4127
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
ASC is saying that it works in new gen xuvs but not in old. Mine is 4 year old w8. I am sure this is not correct because I have used it myself many times in past for the same reason.
I have the prev gen XUV and in mine also it works only when reverse gear is engaged. Basically the power to the camera is triggered when you engage reverse. Hence the delay of 1-2 sec for it to show up on screen. Maybe this is the reason your went kaput since it was always on due to wiring. with replacement they might have fixed it.

On the newer XUV its powered all the time, hence instantly comes up and also without engaging reverse. This is the more common implementation in cars for faster response.
Old 13th January 2017, 11:23   #4128
Distinguished - BHPian

Today I had opportunity to visit service station and go the IS firmware updated. Seems like a lot of small issues are fixed. Things like reverse beeps niggle and bluetooth connection issues with android phones is sorted out it seems. The mute+settings used to throw a loud default voice level. That is now reduced. I also see a change of FE-KMPL display with decimal point - never noticed it earlier or may be I missed it?

No new features or functions but overall things seems to be ok. More detailed feedback will be due after a week may be.
Old 13th January 2017, 16:19   #4129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I have the prev gen XUV and in mine also it works only when reverse gear is engaged. Basically the power to the camera is triggered when you engage reverse. Hence the delay of 1-2 sec for it to show up on screen. Maybe this is the reason your went kaput since it was always on due to wiring. with replacement they might have fixed it.

On the newer XUV its powered all the time, hence instantly comes up and also without engaging reverse. This is the more common implementation in cars for faster response.
Thanks for the information. I have another issue with camera. If I keep clutch pressed and shift gears from/to reverse gear multiple times, I see 2 mirror screens. I don't remember seeing this earlier. Can you please check in your car.
Old 13th January 2017, 16:31   #4130
BHPian

I too saw this, and checked with the SA. According to him this is a known bug with no rectification planned for the near future.

I come across this split screen when turning around the XUV on a narrow road, when I have to do forward and reverse a few times.

Quote:
Thanks for the information. I have another issue with camera. If I keep clutch pressed and shift gears from/to reverse gear multiple times, I see 2 mirror screens. I don't remember seeing this earlier. Can you please check in your car.
Old 16th January 2017, 13:03   #4131
BHPian

So once again I am in the service centre with the ECL on and this time the turbo stopped responding on the highway. They have checked and replaced the vacuum modulator and the ECL is gone.
Went on a test drive where the vehicle was pushed to above 120 kmph, though for a short time and then again pushed to the same limit on higher rpm but the light has stayed off.
Told the guys that I'll drive it for a few days on the expressway to check if the light stays off and everything works fine.
Old 17th January 2017, 10:25   #4132
BHPian

Quote:
I was able to see reverse camera output in console after pressing reverse camera on touchscreen without engaging reverse gear. My camera went kaput and I had installed a new one at ASC. But with this new camera, it shows black screen if I start it using touchscreen. It switches on only when reverse gear is engaged.

As per ASC, it is always like that in all XUVs but I remember it used to work fine from touchscreen earlier. I am not sure if this a niggle. anyone else faced this?
I had my reverse camera replaced yesterday. I was getting a black screen even in reverse gear. I had a suspicion that it was some loose wiring somewhere. I took it to the dealer and asked the mechanic to check the wiring. He did some small checks and quickly came to the conclusion that it was due to faulty camera and not due to wiring fault. He made me buy a new camera for 2700 rupees and fitted it. It still didn't work. He called another person and he checked the wiring below the dashboard and found it had a loose connection. The camera started working after fixing that. But the mechanic still insisted that the original camera was faulty. I had to pay 2700 Rupees for nothing.

After fixing the new camera, the RevCam from the touch screen system wasn't working, which was working before. I was told they have disabled it now as it would damage the camera in the long run.
Old 17th January 2017, 12:26   #4133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
I had to pay 2700 Rupees for nothing.

After fixing the new camera, the RevCam from the touch screen system wasn't working, which was working before. I was told they have disabled it now as it would damage the camera in the long run.
Absolutely wrong! Which ASC is this?

You should have insisted them to connect the old cam itself and see after the loose connection is fixed.

I have latest firmware upgrade on my New Gen - and the IS rev cam option works well. No issues there.
Old 17th January 2017, 13:48   #4134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Absolutely wrong! Which ASC is this?

You should have insisted them to connect the old cam itself and see after the loose connection is fixed.

I have latest firmware upgrade on my New Gen - and the IS rev cam option works well. No issues there.
ASC was Sireesh Auto Accessory Center.

My Rev Cam display was working earlier. But the mechanic said they disabled it now, since continuous power supply to the camera would spoil the camera.
Old 17th January 2017, 13:51   #4135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ASC was Sireesh Auto Accessory Center.

My Rev Cam display was working earlier. But the mechanic said they disabled it now, since continuous power supply to the camera would spoil the camera.
Absolutely rubbish. I have been using the Revcam during peak traffic hours for almost 1.5 hrs. No problems so far.

Why don't you go to Sireesh Singasandra? The accessory shop in Silk Board Junction will try to push more things to you without need for it. They also don't do any XUV services anyway. So the way to resolve your issues if any is to reach to one of their service facilities intended for XUV.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 14:52   #4136
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely rubbish. I have been using the Revcam during peak traffic hours for almost 1.5 hrs. No problems so far.

Why don't you go to Sireesh Singasandra? The accessory shop in Silk Board Junction will try to push more things to you without need for it. They also don't do any XUV services anyway. So the way to resolve your issues if any is to reach to one of their service facilities intended for XUV.
I had actually called Sireesh Auto, JP Nagar service center. They told me I should go to Sireesh at Silk Board, since the issue I had was with accessories. Sireesh JP Nagar said they would do only service or other repairs for XUV and not repair / replace accessories. Maybe I should have gone to Siressh Service Center at Hosa Road.
iamnarayang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 15:00   #4137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had actually called Sireesh Auto, JP Nagar service centre. They told me I should go to Sireesh at Silk Board, since the issue I had was with accessories. Sireesh JP Nagar said they would do only service or other repairs for XUV and not repair / replace accessories. Maybe I should have gone to Siressh Service Center at Hosa Road.
Sireesh - JP Nagar is not full XUV servicing centre. You can go there for minor things like 10K and 30K services. But for major services like 20K, 40K etc and serious work on XUV, head to Singsandra/ Hosa Road. People there are more helpful and friendly too.

The default accessories are fitted by Sireesh Silk board folks at the time of delivery. Are you not allocated with a Relationship Manager who can take care of all your car issues? Where is he/ she based out of? If no RM allocated, talk to Sireesh Sales and get that sorted out. Thereafter stick to a XUV full service centre for most of the things going forward.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 15:09   #4138
BHPian

Quote:
Sireesh - JP Nagar is not full XUV servicing centre. You can go there for minor things like 10K and 30K services. But for major services like 20K, 40K etc and serious work on XUV, head to Singsandra/ Hosa Road. People there are more helpful and friendly too.

The default accessories are fitted by Sireesh Silk board folks at the time of delivery. Are you not allocated with a Relationship Manager who can take care of all your car issues? Where is he/ she based out of? If no RM allocated, talk to Sireesh Sales and get that sorted out. Thereafter stick to a XUV full service centre for most of the things going forward.
Thanks. You are right.

I have never gone to Sireesh JP Nagar. I get all the service done at Anant Cars, Bannerghatta road or Sireesh Hosa Road. This time Anant cars refused to fix / replace the reverse camera, as they said it was originally fitted by Sireesh. They were not even willing to check the wiring to isolate the problem. They blindly said, Go to Sireesh. I tried JP Nagar Sireesh, as they were closer. Lesson learnt by paying 2700 rupees unnecessarily.
iamnarayang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 11:58   #4139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Did you check the joint inside the bonnet, close to the windscreen. There is spring in that joint, which might be the culprit. I had faced issue with the throw and at the service center they removed that spring and everything was normal after that. I would recommend you to remove once and see if it works fine, so that you don't have to visit the service center.
Thanks! Took the car to the service center today. This was the same problem. This is a non-return valve that ensures immediate spray of water when we use the windshield spray.

The fix was to remove the spring - but now the water flows back freely into the reservoir and it takes a second to spray, possibly with a chance that windshield getting scratched due to the dust/debris.

Am searching if I can get a better quality non-return valve to replace this. Will update this thread if I get any replacement part.
Old 24th January 2017, 15:39   #4140
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

I checked the reverse camera thing in my W8. I cannot access the camera from the touchscreen at all. It comes on only when I engage the reverse gear. This was always the case from day 1 (Mine is a March 2016 manufactured vehicle). There is 0 lag. I used to think that the reverse camera from touchscreen option is only for W10 as in that, parallel park assist is also available.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks