Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2016, 17:21   #3841
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
On both occasions, the 2nd row passengers complained of inadequate air conditioning. They told me that there was not enough air flow from the 2nd row aircon vents. I had auto climate control set to 20 degrees and my fingers were literally freezing (since I was the driver) while second row passengers kept complaining of feeling hot.

I know that there is a "Rear AC" button in the XUV, however the manual says that it is meant to control AC for 3rd row passengers.

I did check the 2nd row AC's and found that while it is giving out cold/cool air the air pressure is not enough to be felt by 2nd row passengers. It does not feel like the front row vents which literally blow out cool air. I guess this is by design for the 2nd row?
IMHO this is a normal behavior for any car which has a rear blower supported by the fan in the dashboard. Normally what I do is keep one or two of the vents in the dashboard closed. This automatically increases the airflow to the 2nd row vents and the temperature in the car is balanced. In addition if it is really a sunny day and I have occupants in the 2nd row, I also keep the rear AC on. Although this works independently, it really helps cooling the car quickly.

In short, this is normal behavior and definitely not a fault.

Cheers
sumitdongerkery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 12:15   #3842
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Wrote an email to Mahindra Customer care which is self explanatory. Yet to receive a response. Will update here when I receive a reply.

Quote:
Dear Sir,

This is to inform you of the bad service experience for my vehicle, XUV 500 at Koncept Mahindra, Mathura Road.

At the outset, let me start by saying that I have been using the XUV since past 3 years and am a very satisfied user of this vehicle. I congratulate Mahindra on making a great product and have personally recommended and convinced 2 of my friends to purchase this vehicle.

However, the service experience has always been a mixed bag. Sometimes one receives very efficient service but mostly its been bordering on barely acceptable service levels.

My issue is with the 40,000 km service for which I had handed over my vehicle to Koncept Mahindra, Mathura Road on 08-Apr-16. Issues faced are as below

1. Reluctance in providing pick and drop service - I had specifically mentioned while making the booking that I required my vehicle to be picked and dropped for this service for which I was assured by the lady on phone (Ms. Rajani) that it would be made available. I volunteered to drop the vehicle myself so that I can explain the complaints in the car and also understand what work would be done as part of the scheduled service. The vehicle was kept at the service centre overnight and was to be ready the next day but upon enquiring the next day I was told that vehicle cannot be dropped due to shortage of drivers. It is only after I raised a hue and cry and called Mr. Kapil Garg - GM Service, then the vehicle was dropped to my residence in the evening. My point is - why make a commitment when you do not intend to honour it?
2. Window Blinds gone missing i.e. removed during service - While handing over my vehicle for service, I had specifically asked Mr. Abhishek (service advisor) whether I need to remove the window blinds in the last row as these were fixed and not magnetic like for the front 4 windows. Upon his assurance only I left these on the windows as I have been doing in the past while giving my car for service. This was again confirmed on the test drive taken along-with Mr. Bacchan Singh (Test Driver) wherein he also assured that these need not be removed as nobody would touch them. Upon receiving the car in the evening of 09-Apr-16, I did not check for the blinds as I was already irritated with the issue of refusal to drop the vehicle and just paid the driver for the service and released him. It is during the last week wherein I realised that the blinds are missing and were taken out of the car during servicing between 08-09 Apr 2016. It is most disappointing but not surprising as such an incident has happened before where my Rayban sunglasses were stolen from the sunglasses holder which were left their by mistake. However, I did not raise the issue that time as it was my fault to have left them there and not inform the service centre on time. My Point is - This seems to be a habit with the staff at Koncept to take out whatever freebees they can manage from customers cars but it does not reflect well on Mahindra.
3. Replacement Parts not returned with the vehicle - As a norm, I understand it is standard procedure to return the replaced parts along-with the vehicle after service. I only received the side indicator assly. which was replaced but did not receive anything else. Parts replaced as per the bill were Fuel Filter, Air Filter, AC Filter, Empty Engine Oil Containers (Maximile Feo) - 5 Ltrs and 1 Ltr (billed separately). Am I to assume these parts were never changed? This also does not reflect well on the standard practices adopted by the Authorized Service Centre of Mahindra.
4. All tasks mentioned in the service manual not carried out - It is mentioned as a part of standard maintenance manual of the XUV that the Gear and Clutch Oil shall be replaced at the 40,000 Km service. However, there is not mention of this activity being carried out by the service centre either on the job card or the bill. Even the service advisor did not mention this while explaining the jobs to be carried out in the 40,000 Km service. Can you please clarify this topic for me?

I have tremendous faith in Mahindra as a brand and hope the above points are resolved to my satisfaction so that I continue my patronage.

I am attaching a copy of the service bill for your reference.

As a part of the on-line community of T-Bhp, I will share this experience on this forum also so that fellow members can be careful and not face the same problems that I have had to.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV_Service_Bill_-_40_000_Km.pdf (334.2 KB, 750 views)

Last edited by Sisu : 19th April 2016 at 12:18. Reason: Formatting
Old 19th April 2016, 13:05   #3843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi Folks,

Wrote an email to Mahindra Customer care which is self explanatory. Yet to receive a response. Will update here when I receive a reply.
I too faced issues with mathura center. The one in Ohkla was much better but i guess it got shut down. Mine was 60K service and had few minor issues like one of the mud flap was loose so needed to be fixed, high beam correction etc. However when i took the delivery, which was way too late and i had to wait for 3 hours even though they said i can come as car was ready, i found mud flap as it is. Also instead of correcting high beam, they messed up low beam. Since almost everyone had left, as it was around 9 pm, i left the center and thought will get it fixed on my own.

I guess Mahindra needs to open few more service center as the current ones are not able to manage the volume they are getting.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 14:19   #3844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
On both occasions, the 2nd row passengers complained of inadequate air conditioning. They told me that there was not enough air flow from the 2nd row aircon vents.
Since you were mentioning your hands were getting cold, I guess air flow on dashboard vents were maximum. Do try by decreasing first row / dashboard air flow by individually turning the knob on vents. This will help in increasing air pressure on B pillar vents.

Also, I keep vents of 3rd row pointed towards head rest of 2nd row. This helps in cooling both 3rd and 2nd row passengers.

Quote:
Regarding oil change interval. I guess for 40K, its engine (every 20K KMS) & clutch + brake (every 40K KMs). Gear oil, I guess is due for replacement only at 100K Kms I guess. It would have been replaced at 20K KMs already.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 14:24   #3845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Regarding oil change interval. I guess for 40K, its engine (every 20K KMS) & clutch + brake (every 40K KMs). Gear oil, I guess is due for replacement only at 100K Kms I guess. It would have been replaced at 20K KMs already.
Hi Suhas,

You are right! I wrote "Gear" instead of "Brake Oil" by mistake. Will correct this in my email to Mahindra Customer Care also.

Any idea on the timeframe when they reply?
Old 19th April 2016, 14:37   #3846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea on the timeframe when they reply?
When I had mailed for clarification on some warranty issue, I got a reply on third day.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 07:05   #3847

Yesterday while my car was getting the first free service , the RM told me that my car was part of a batch for which there was a recall for the torqueing of the idler shaft in the front suspension. He said that it would require 10 hours for them to complete the work as they have to lower the whole front suspension . I am really scared as to why in its first 5000 kms the car has to have its suspension tweaked. Any inputs or similar experiences.
Old 26th April 2016, 10:50   #3848
BHPian

Mahindra XUV 500 Diagnostic Tester,

Hello All,

I own an XUV 500 2014 AWD. I would like to find out a way to get rid of the service remainder as I service my car through a local service agent. Is there any product in the market that will perform the "Reset" - OBD2 Scan tool.

Also does anyone know a place that supplies Mahindra genuine spare parts approachable either online or Email?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Prem G
Old 27th April 2016, 05:48   #3849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxdave View Post
Yesterday while my car was getting the first free service , the RM told me that my car was part of a batch for which there was a recall for the torqueing of the idler shaft in the front suspension. He said that it would require 10 hours for them to complete the work as they have to lower the whole front suspension . I am really scared as to why in its first 5000 kms the car has to have its suspension tweaked. Any inputs or similar experiences.

Can you give more details about which batch your car belongs to and if possible, which batches are effected by this recall?
Old 27th April 2016, 13:34   #3850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartman View Post
Hi,

If you get the dampers hardened, please let us know the effects of it and how it affects the ride quality and handling.

Thanks
Done the dampers hardening and fitted it. Great improvement in stability and better ride on rough roads.. Massive reduction in tossing the passengers. Body float reduced to 50%
It was done by an expert in mysore who does hardening for rally cars. Definitely worth it.
Removed the rogerab as of now and will put it for rear only if required.
Old 27th April 2016, 14:28   #3851
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV 500 Diagnostic Tester,

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
Hello All,

I own an XUV 500 2014 AWD. I would like to find out a way to get rid of the service remainder as I service my car through a local service agent. Is there any product in the market that will perform the "Reset" - OBD2 Scan tool.

Also does anyone know a place that supplies Mahindra genuine spare parts approachable either online or Email?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Prem G
I too am looking for this solution since my XUV would be completing 5 years this November hence no point going to A$$ anymore. Few locals i asked would do service but not sure how to remove this reminder.

Owners from Delhi, do you know any local garage that would cater to XUV completely?
Old 27th April 2016, 15:54   #3852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxdave View Post

What is the manufacturing month and year of your car? Maybe this is isolated to some versions manufactured in a particular duration. Is it an automatic?
Old 28th April 2016, 19:36   #3853
BHPian

Today, after reaching my office, I saw that the rubber shields at the right side of the rear bumper guard was torn. I was surprised at this as nothing touched the guard & have no clue what could have happened.

Has anyone been able to replace these rubber shields? Do we have to replace the entire bumper guard just for this small rubber part? Do I have any other alternative that I can use?

The pictures of the torn rubber shield are
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20160428_183806.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20160428_183814.jpg  

Old 29th April 2016, 22:42   #3854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Today, after reaching my office, I saw that the rubber shields at the right side of the rear bumper guard was torn. I was surprised at this as nothing touched the guard & have no clue what could have happened.

Has anyone been able to replace these rubber shields? Do we have to replace the entire bumper guard just for this small rubber part? Do I have any other alternative that I can use?

The pictures of the torn rubber shield are
Someone must have surely rubbed off with their car it seems, Happened the same with one of my friend, He arranged for a local rubber to be fixed there since he could get the original one.

Couple of days back my jetta too got dented when i returned to the car which was parked well in a parking lot!
Old 29th April 2016, 23:02   #3855
BHPian

A quick update from my side, and a request for confirmation on others

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I was hoping I would not have to post in this thread so soon (March 2016 XUV with ~1600kms done), but here goes:

1. Cheun Cheun sound from the boot area (atleast that is what I think) when the car goes over speed breakers or potholes. Not consistent but is there more often than not. It sounds metallic and I am not sure if it is something in the tool box or a lose nut. The tools are as they come- in their original packing. This noise started when I went over an umarked flyover ~40kmph.

Any thing that I can check at my end?

2. Vibrations from the front passenger window area on acceleration and driving at a good speed. Today morning the noise came even when I was in the company parking lot, and about to switch the ignition off. Pressed the area near the door lock (from inside) and the noise disappeared. Will see if it comes back.

The vibrations have disappeared for now

3. Windshield washer is not spraying the water. It worked 3 weeks back. To be sure, I refilled the tank. The net/ filter makes it a slow process, but I am sure that the reservoir is not empty. When I pull the stalk towards me, the wiper moves 3 times, as mentioned in the manual, but no water

SA came to deliver the purple club thingie, and had a look. For some reason, it worked properly! I tried once more yesterday, and it worked again

4. Last night, when cleaning the vehicle, I was wiping the rear windshield wiper blade- and the thin metallic strip that runs along the length of the rubber strip (that wipes the glass), came off! Managed to put it back (crudely), not sure it can be put properly or I have to buy a new blade

SA fixed it in a far better manner than I did. Not sure if I still want to risk it. Of course it is the rear windshield, so I guess I could live with a scratch!

5. At times, when I slot in the 3rd gear, the vehicle tends to run- like say, if you have your cruise control set to 80, and yo activate it when you are at 60. At first I thought that maybe I have pressed the cruise control by mistake, but now I am conscious of where I place my hand on the steering wheel. Not sure if this is the Turbo kicking in. I used to drive a petrol swift prior to the XUV, so this is my first exposure to Turbo, Diesel etc.

Any inputs?

6. At times, feel a small judder/vibration when I shift to 4th gear from the 3rd gear. The speed is usually around 40kmph, and rpm is within 2k. Again, not sure if this is an area of concern

Any inputs?
Cheers,
Ajay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks