Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2015, 16:12   #3661
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
A friend has an XUV and it's getting it's 40K service being done. The brake pads were replaced at 20K. Now at 40K, they say that both the brake pads and DISCs need to be replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I was given a suggestion to replace the disc's at my 80K service, Pads were first changed at 30k service as faar as i can recall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I am reaching 40k now but have not felt any need to change any of the brake pads.
Same with me. Front brake pads were changed at 54000 Kms and that too upon my insistence. Technician advised me it would go for another 5000 Kms.

I had enquired about the life of brake pads (Front) & technician replied it varies from 30000 Kms to 45000 Kms depending upon usage.

Yes they were changed due to design change from BOSCH to GALFER, IIRC @ 15000 Kms.

Rear has not been changed at all.

Replacing Disc, now that's a serious issue or flaw.
Old 26th November 2015, 16:20   #3662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Same with me. Front brake pads were changed at 54000 Kms and that too upon my insistence. Technician advised me it would go for another 5000 Kms.

I had enquired about the life of brake pads (Front) & technician replied it varies from 30000 Kms to 45000 Kms depending upon usage.

Yes they were changed due to design change from BOSCH to GALFER, IIRC @ 15000 Kms.

Rear has not been changed at all.

Replacing Disc, now that's a serious issue or flaw.

Exactly, My rear pads too lasted very long, Only the front were changed around 30 - 40k i forgot the exact kms reading during the change but it was definitely above 30k,

Here in mumbai with my friend too it happend, A service centre in Kurla east made my friend change the pads and disk just at 30k that too both front and rear pads and disks, In short they were just rippedoff by the service centre.

A suggestion for all : Please double check before agreeing to replace any such major parts unless your 100% sure.
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:27   #3663
BHPian

Hi guys I have bought the New Age XUV5oo W10 model two weeks ago, detailed initial ownership review will follow in sometime. However, I have started facing one issue. There is a huge grinding noise coming from the rear wheels abnormally. Sometimes it comes regularly and then disappears only to resurface. I had driven the car for about 600 kms without knowing about the noise as all windows were up. Two days ago, I drove the car with windows down and I heard the sound. Yesterday I took the car to G3 Motors in Navi Mumbai and currently they are fixing the issue. Today I have been informed that they are replacing the brake discs to see if the noise goes away. I have read online that the brake noise problem was present in the old XUV and that Mahindra had found a solution in the form of new brake pads and discs. Anybody else facing this issue ?
kdp95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 16:37   #3664
BHPian

Folks,

This is a query about the New Age Mahindra XUV 500 W10 (Manual AWD). The vehicle has a "Camping Light" on the tailgate. However, when the car is turned off, and the tailgate is raised, this light does not come on when the switch is operated. The bulb seems to be fine (it's a new car with about 100 kms on it). Has anyone else had this problem? Is there some setting that needs to be activated?

Thanks for any help on this.
Old 2nd December 2015, 18:01   #3665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
The bulb seems to be fine (it's a new car with about 100 kms on it).
Congrats for the new XUV!

Nope, there is no setting. Its a manual switch beside the camping light to switch it on or OFF. It does not turn on or off automatically but only with a switch besides it. It can be used regardless of vehicle is powered up or not.

If the bulb is perfect, must be fuse?

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-screen-shot-20151202-6.16.27-pm.png

Last edited by abirnale : 2nd December 2015 at 18:17.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 18:09   #3666
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp95 View Post
Hi guys I have bought the New Age XUV5oo W10 model two weeks ago, detailed initial ownership review will follow in sometime. However, I have started facing one issue. There is a huge grinding noise coming from the rear wheels abnormally. Sometimes it comes regularly and then disappears only to resurface. I had driven the car for about 600 kms without knowing about the noise as all windows were up. Two days ago, I drove the car with windows down and I heard the sound. Yesterday I took the car to G3 Motors in Navi Mumbai and currently they are fixing the issue. Today I have been informed that they are replacing the brake discs to see if the noise goes away. I have read online that the brake noise problem was present in the old XUV and that Mahindra had found a solution in the form of new brake pads and discs. Anybody else facing this issue ?
Congrats for the XUV!
The brake grinding noise in old XUVs was always from the front brakes. Never from the rear. Please do get the noise investigated properly.

Quote:
Folks,

This is a query about the New Age Mahindra XUV 500 W10 (Manual AWD). The vehicle has a "Camping Light" on the tailgate. However, when the car is turned off, and the tailgate is raised, this light does not come on when the switch is operated. The bulb seems to be fine (it's a new car with about 100 kms on it). Has anyone else had this problem? Is there some setting that needs to be activated?

W10 does not have the so called "one-hour mode". So this is normal behaviour. Not much can be done about it.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 18:31   #3667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Congrats for the XUV!
The brake grinding noise in old XUVs was always from the front brakes. Never from the rear. Please do get the noise investigated properly.
Thanks SDP for your concern. I took the delivery from the workshop now and the SA told that the noise appeared to come from rear but actually was coming from front. The problem was that some kind of backplate had come off and that was making the noise. They have fixed it for now. If it reappears I will escalate to Mahindra.
Old 3rd December 2015, 22:49   #3668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp95 View Post
Thanks SDP for your concern. I took the delivery from the workshop now and the SA told that the noise appeared to come from rear but actually was coming from front. The problem was that some kind of backplate had come off and that was making the noise. They have fixed it for now. If it reappears I will escalate to Mahindra.
I feel that they should have diagnosed it in the first instance itself considering that it was prevalent in the previous gen XUV instead of having to make you wait a couple of days for it. Anyways, its a good thing that they rectified it just in time before your trip! Do post a travelogue of the same bro

And thanks for letting me have a go at it; I'll never let you drive on Palm Beach whenever I'm around
Old 4th December 2015, 11:43   #3669
Distinguished - BHPian

Battery recall

Had gone to service center today for getting free vehicle wash coupon and couple of other niggles fixed. On checking the vehicle details in system service adviser says that there is a battery recall for my XUV.

He is not sure about details of the same, in turn he was asking if I had got any communication from Mahindra regarding the same. Unlike earlier recalls, I am yet to get any SMS or mail from Mahindra. May be the recall is a new one and I may get it in next few days.

Mine is a May - 2014 model vehicle with Amron battery. Those who have similar vehicles can check the same.
mpksuhas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 14:23   #3670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Battery recall

Had gone to service center today for getting free vehicle wash coupon and couple of other niggles fixed.
I am going tomorrow for the exact same thing. The M Wash and a couple of niggles I am facing. I hear a faint underbody noise everytime I drive my vehicle. This had been there from the time I purchased my XUV.
Also will try to get more info on the the battery recall.
Did they say what is the issue with the Battery?

Mine is a September, 2014 manufactured W6 with Amaron Battery,
Old 4th December 2015, 15:51   #3671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
Did they say what is the issue with the Battery?
Not sure what the issue is. Infact, RM was also not sure, from that I guess this is a new recall and hence no update on that elsewhere. Will be going to receive the vehicle in evening, will check with them again.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 16:36   #3672
BHPian

I enquired with RM about this Battery recall, My vehicle is not under this recall but RM said that there is some other Service action for my vehicle for Exhaust Hose replacement..
By the way my vehicle is manufactured in Nov-2013.

But no info on this available in the M&M service action page
http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/service-action/
Old 4th December 2015, 20:51   #3673
BHPian

Rattling sound from the brake
---------------------------------

I have had this problem of a mild 'thud' and vibration felt in the brake pedal while applying the brake at slow speeds. After three visits to various service centres the problem is still unresolved. The various technicians are equally divided on whether the sound is coming from the right side or the left - quite frustrating indeed. I have the W8AWD, Dec 2014 model.

I had driven up to Gopinath Hill north of Bangalore, yesterday. It is about a km of steep climb on a rough unpaved road, with speed-breakers every 100 feet or so. While coming down I deployed the 'hill-descent' option, and every time I applied the brake I heard a rattling sound. Never encountered this on my previous visit to the same hill about 6 weeks back. I do not remember exactly but it is very likely that I had used 'hill descent' on that occasion too. And there was no rattling sound.

The rattling noise was not there when I got back to the highway.

Has anyone encountered this, or knows what could be the cause?

Thanks so much!
Old 4th December 2015, 22:18   #3674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Rattling sound from the brake
---------------------------------

I have had this problem of a mild 'thud' and vibration felt in the brake pedal while applying the brake at slow speeds. After three visits to various service centres the problem is still unresolved. The various technicians are equally divided on whether the sound is coming from the right side or the left - quite frustrating indeed. I have the W8AWD, Dec 2014 model.

I had driven up to Gopinath Hill north of Bangalore, yesterday. It is about a km of steep climb on a rough unpaved road, with speed-breakers every 100 feet or so. While coming down I deployed the 'hill-descent' option, and every time I applied the brake I heard a rattling sound. Never encountered this on my previous visit to the same hill about 6 weeks back. I do not remember exactly but it is very likely that I had used 'hill descent' on that occasion too. And there was no rattling sound.

The rattling noise was not there when I got back to the highway.

Has anyone encountered this, or knows what could be the cause?

Thanks so much!
I am not sure on the vibrations from brake pedal in slow speeds.

But when HDC is enabled, I assume this is how it behaves when you apply brakes. I have come across the same behaviour in my W8 April 2015 model.

Usually when you keep your foot on the brake pedal and press it gently you feel a shudder and kind of grinding noise.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 08:21   #3675
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

This might sound a bit silly. I have had similar experience myself. You may try switching it on now and it might work. The camping light in my car has a mind of its own or it seems. It doesn't come on all the time when I switched it on but it does work sometimes.

I have wanted to get it fixed from the beginning but have always forgotten to get it done. It hasn't really bothered me to be honest. Just check again and you might find it working - strange but that's how it has been for me since, I think ever since I can recall. I think I will have it checked during my next visit to the service place. I will add it to the service notes on 'My Mahindra App', and that should remind me to check it. Mine is a May 2013 W6.
Jred is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks