Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2015, 09:28   #3631
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Further update:

The vehicle was delivered about a week back. The left-drifting issue and front-right-side brake noise issue still persist. No followup call from IG on how the vehicle was performing, and this morning I get a call from a service guy of IG that M&M will call me soon and I MUST rate him 10 out of 10.

If this is some kind of joke, then perhaps I lack the required sense of humour

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
10K service upgrade
============
A great vehicle, but with some unpleasant ownership experience because of the service quality.

Thanks!
Old 6th November 2015, 13:24   #3632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Do you have an image of the display indicating the auto wiper on status? I do not see any image of the auto wiper status on my April 2015 XUV.

Also what temperature display are you mentioning about? It is already there right
Here is the photo of my yet to be upgraded system...

One question..
How does one access the software version number?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-imag0605_1.jpg  

Old 6th November 2015, 13:52   #3633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The vehicle was delivered about a week back. The left-drifting issue and front-right-side brake noise issue still persist. r
They are less concerned about fixing the vehicle and more about getting good rating, this is a common issue across all service centers I guess.

Regarding the left drifting, don't waste your time at service center. Head over to any good alignment center, get the tyres rotated and get alignment done. This has fixed the issue to many including myself.

The brake noise you are mentioning, is it sound from calipers or any ratting happening?
Old 6th November 2015, 14:09   #3634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
Here is the photo of my yet to be upgraded system...

One question..
How does one access the software version number?
Thanks for the pic kasierketkar In my updated software it does not show the auto wiper status, probably once you update yours you will lose this feature. In the same place you will see the outside & inside temperature being displayed.

To access the software version number press and hold MUTE & SEEK>> button together for couple of seconds. Hope this helps!
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 14:31   #3635
BHPian

Thanks mpksuhas!

The noise is like a kind of a thud when I apply the brakes at low speed. There is no rattle.

Also, is Madhu's the best place to go to in Bangalore for alignment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Regarding the left drifting, don't waste your time at service center. Head over to any good alignment center, get the tyres rotated and get alignment done. This has fixed the issue to many including myself.

The brake noise you are mentioning, is it sound from calipers or any ratting happening?
Old 6th November 2015, 17:03   #3636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The noise is like a kind of a thud when I apply the brakes at low speed.
There were reports of some XUV's having suspension issues, may be you can check for that. Even in my vehicle, right side suspension was replaced under warranty. Though the issue was squeaky sound coming from front right calipers.

Yes, I usually get alignment done at Madhu's.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 07:44   #3637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Cant agree more. For my 20K service, I stood by my vehicle while it was being serviced. Everything was very meticulously and professionally done. Cool guys...
Thanks guys! How is Anant Cars on Bannerghatta Road? I am located in Basavanagudi and would prefer something close by, other things being equal. of course I do not mind a longer drive if the issues can be fixed efficiently and reliably.

Best regards
Old 8th November 2015, 18:34   #3638
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How is Anant Cars on Bannerghatta Road
Workmanship is good. However, due to lack of space and RM's who does not know meaning of time is a concern.
Old 12th November 2015, 22:23   #3639
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

I am owning a 2014 XUV w6. The bluetooth was working fine with my Nexus 5 Kitkat version of Android, but since my phone was updated to Android 5 that's Lollipop, the calling feature through Bluetooth is not working, though its playing the songs over it. I though the issue will be solved when my phone is updated to Android 6 i.e Marshmallow, but the problem still persists. Anyone facing this issue.

Last edited by rahul_kej : 12th November 2015 at 22:27.
Old 12th November 2015, 22:37   #3640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Hello Bhpians,

I am owning a 2014 XUV w6. The bluetooth was working fine with my Nexus 5 Kitkat version of Android, but since my phone was updated to Android 5 that's Lollipop, the calling feature through Bluetooth is not working, though its playing the songs over it. I though the issue will be solved when my phone is updated to Android 6 i.e Marshmallow, but the problem still persists. Anyone facing this issue.
the android updated versions 5 and 6 bluetooth protocols are not compatible with xuv. Faced similar situation when I updated my Nexus 4.

Hopefully a firmware update will help for xuv.
Old 12th November 2015, 22:43   #3641

Quote:
Hello Bhpians,

Hello rahul_kej,

I am also facing similar issue with my 2014 XUV W8. I recently upgraded my phone from Samsung Galaxy S2 to One Plus Two which has an Oxygen OS (slightly modified version for Android 5.1). Since my phone upgrade, I noticed that my bluetooth call doesn't work sometimes but the music keeps playing from phone. This happens rarely but when it happens, I just switch off the ignition completely and start it again. This has worked 100% of the times I have tried.
relichunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 06:28   #3642
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Bhpians,

Rahul my htc upgraded from kit kat to lollipop 5.0.2 quite some time back, and I have had no problems with bluetooth pairing with the XUV- calls or music.
I don't think it's a firmware problem.
Try using a non nexus phone on lollipop with your car and see if the problem persists.
kaiserketkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 09:21   #3643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by relichunter View Post
I just switch off the ignition completely and start it again. This has worked 100% of the times I have tried.
This doesn't works for me. Though i can receive call at times but dialling doesn't work at all. I think a software update by Mahindra can solve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
I don't think it's a firmware problem.
Try using a non nexus phone on lollipop with your car and see if the problem persists.
I tried using Moto G with android 5, and the result was same. I tried using phones having KitKat and jellybean, it worked flawlessly. By the way which XUV model you have, i think its an issue with W6 only.
Old 13th November 2015, 09:29   #3644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I tried using Moto G with android 5, and the result was same. I tried using phones having KitKat and jellybean, it worked flawlessly.
I too face this issue with my Moto G Lollipop, it used to work fine with my LG KitKat model.

The issue is when you dial any number from phone, however if you select call to any contact from infotainment systems call history it works fine.

Mine is W8, so I guess it's present across variants.
Old 13th November 2015, 17:45   #3645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I too face this issue with my Moto G Lollipop, it used to work fine with my LG KitKat model.

The issue is when you dial any number from phone, however if you select call to any contact from infotainment systems call history it works fine.

Mine is W8, so I guess it's present across variants.
In my case i even cant access call history or dial from infotainment system. The only positive i see is that it is encouraging me to go for i phone. Hope there is no such issue with latest ios.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks