Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 16:42   #3601
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
RR tyre swapped message pops up randomly after the second service. Irritant.
This may be since service center guys did not do the 'Tyre learning' after rotating the tyre.

Just do the Tyre learning and it will disappear. You can check in YouTube for video by M&M regarding the same in case you have not done yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
Faced an issue with reverse camera during today's Thrissur - Bangalore trip.
Should be an issue with camera going kaput. M&M camera comes with 2 year warranty I guess, so check with service center about the same.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 19:31   #3602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Should be an issue with camera going kaput. M&M camera comes with 2 year warranty I guess, so check with service center about the same.
The issue is intermittent. So hope the camera is fine. I suspect it's a loose connection. Planning to get it checked at service center.
Old 27th October 2015, 17:25   #3603
BHPian

50K service update:
  • There was a rattling sound from the engine bay while idling --> This was diagnosed as the Belt tensioner bearing wear out and the whole belt tensioner got replaced on warranty. The sound is gone now.
  • Infotainment system software updated with latest map (MMI version 9). Now audible seat belt warning through speakers is added. Its a good feature in my opinion.
  • Gear knob cracked at multiple places --> replaced under warranty.
  • Front break pads replaced --> Costed around 4100 RS.
  • Bonnet open message used to come on screen while riding at high speed --> Bonnet switch got replaced. Approx 250 RS. Issue not appeared again.
  • HVAC filter elements got replaced. Approx 950 RS.
  • Total cost = 10450 RS.

I had complained about gear shift hardness. They haven't done anything to solve this. The technician told that my car shifting is very good compared to most of the cars

I have done some DIY to reduce the hardness and it was quite effective. Will post the details sometime later.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 22:57   #3604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
50K service update:
  • Infotainment system software updated with latest map (MMI version 9). Now audible seat belt warning through speakers is added. Its a good feature in my opinion.
please elaborate about the software update MMI v9. Some pics would be good.

Thanks!!
Old 27th October 2015, 23:03   #3605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
50K service update:
There was a rattling sound from the engine bay while idling --> This was diagnosed as the Belt tensioner bearing wear out and the whole belt tensioner got replaced on warranty. The sound is gone now.
50k is seriously early for this to go. Normal service schedules have it changed around the 80k - 100k mark.

Did Mahindra give any explanation why this has happened?
Also, was it just the tensioner that was changed, or the associated belt(s) too? Usual practice is when replacing one of these, change the entire set - all these components tend to have a similar service life, and its easier to change the whole set at once.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 23:09   #3606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
50k is seriously early for this to go. Normal service schedules have it changed around the 80k - 100k mark.

Did Mahindra give any explanation why this has happened?
Also, was it just the tensioner that was changed, or the associated belt(s) too? Usual practice is when replacing one of these, change the entire set - all these components tend to have a similar service life, and its easier to change the whole set at once.
I had asked the same question to my RM, as tensioner scheduled replacement is at 1 lakh kms, No explanation on why it has gone so early. My best guess is that, the hooter mounting had broken on my car before and it came in contact with the belt and got smashed into peaces before it got noticed and replaced. Probably this might have affected the tensioner. The part was readily available probably because this is a scheduled replacement part.

They informed me that the belt is all fine and doesn't need a replacement, but what you just told make sense, i will ping my RM and see if there is a scope of getting the belt changed as well. Thanks.

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 27th October 2015 at 23:11.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 06:35   #3607
BHPian

Quote:
Infotainment system software updated with latest map (MMI version 9). Now audible seat belt warning through speakers is added. Its a good feature in my opinion.
Thanks for the update on the update
I got my XUV's software updated as well, but I haven't managed to get the audible warning. Did this come on by default or did you have to manually enable it?
Can you please post a pic of the software version?
Old 28th October 2015, 18:01   #3608
BHPian

I have posted the XUV factory service manual link on the XUV test drive thread.
shibu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 10:16   #3609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
Thanks for the update on the update
I got my XUV's software updated as well, but I haven't managed to get the audible warning. Did this come on by default or did you have to manually enable it?
Can you please post a pic of the software version?
I have not asked specifically to enable it. Asked only a software update if available, not sure if this needs to be turned on from OBDII software. Here is the software version for your reference:
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-dsc_0926.jpg

I have also recorded a video of this feature. Note the infotainment bottom bar will display inside and outside temperature at the same time from this update.

Once the full screen warning disappears, a permanent log will be added to warning list that can be accessed by pressing the "!" soft button on the screen (on info bar at the bottom of the screen). As soon as you buckle the seat belt the log is removed. Only the driver seat belt is tracked for this feature. Neat.

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 29th October 2015 at 10:23.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 10:36   #3610
BHPian

Quote:
Once the full screen warning disappears, a permanent log will be added to warning list that can be accessed by pressing the "!" soft button on the screen (on info bar at the bottom of the screen). As soon as you buckle the seat belt the log is removed. Only the driver seat belt is tracked for this feature. Neat.

-HCP
thanks a lot for the info HCP.
one more thing i forgot to ask was if any other voice alerts like the scorpio has- such as fuel reserve, door open, etc are also added?
kaiserketkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 11:19   #3611
BHPian

Quote:
thanks a lot for the info HCP.
one more thing i forgot to ask was if any other voice alerts like the scorpio has- such as fuel reserve, door open, etc are also added?
Nice thought, I will try the Door Warning sometime and keep the thread updated.
Fuel reserve is something I don't want to try, emptying the tank that far may reduce the life of fuel pump, so I tend to look out for a nice pump to fill up when 2 blocks left on the gauge.

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 29th October 2015 at 11:22.
Old 29th October 2015, 18:48   #3612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Fuel reserve is something I don't want to try, emptying the tank that far may reduce the life of fuel pump, so I tend to look out for a nice pump to fill up when 2 blocks left on the gauge.
Door, bonnet warning was present in older version also. Along with the specific door detail a beep will be sounded in that case. Same when tyre pressure goes low.

For low fuel, however there is no notification on infotainment system. Only a blinking fuel level indicator.
Old 29th October 2015, 18:55   #3613
BHPian

Quote:
Door, bonnet warning was present in older version also. Along with the specific door detail a beep will be sounded in that case. Same when tyre pressure goes low.

For low fuel, however there is no notification on infotainment system. Only a blinking fuel level indicator.
no no, suhas,
HCP and I were discussing the changes in the new software version which has voice alerts instead of beeps.
kaiserketkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 12:23   #3614
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Suhas, the latest version of software ( I have the pre face-lift XUV) that was installed on my infotainment about 2 months ago, now supports alert for low fuel. Recently, I ran fairly low on fuel and the infotainment gave me 2 alerts, initially when I hit the low fuel mark and the 2nd alert informing me that I was using up the reserve fuel. Unfortunately I was driving on the highway at the time and could not click some pictures of the alerts.
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 13:25   #3615
BHPian

Quote:
50K service update:
[list][*]Infotainment system software updated with latest map (MMI version 9). Now audible seat belt warning through speakers is added. Its a good feature in my opinion.
Very curios to know more about this. Could you share how MMI V9 looks now.
And the seat belt warning is a welcome addition need more info on how it is done too.

Quote:
[*]Gear knob cracked at multiple places --> replaced under warranty.
There is no break on the gear know as yet, but the fibre/plastic fitting has come out on mine. Now i shall get this done too. Mine is on 60K

Quote:
[*]Bonnet open message used to come on screen while riding at high speed --> Bonnet switch got replaced. Approx 250 RS. Issue not appeared again.
I have been struggling with this for quite some time now.
I thought this was some loose contact or something, thanks for the update, let me check the bonnet switch now.

Quote:
I have done some DIY to reduce the hardness and it was quite effective. Will post the details sometime later.
Anxiously waiting for this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks