Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 09:49   #3586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Hi Djpeesh, until you can take it to the ASS for the AC problem, try tapping on the console right about next to where passenger right foot will be. This should make the AC work ( if your problem is that airflow is available but no cooling) . Apparently there is a valve there for the compressor which can go loose. I did a Chennai-Mangalore-Chennai trip like that tapping every time I start or when the cooling stops. Just a tip to avoid sweaty rides. :-)
Thanks. That actually worked! Ac is back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
Djpeesh, unbelievable , your list of issues would put a state transport bus to shame. When did you buy this car ? I thought that for xuv owners there was a purple club with a dedicated officer assigned in case of any problems in order to ensure minimum customer discomfort and prompt service.
The purple club is a joke! My first couple of relationship managers quit and I have no clue on who the latest chap is.

I'm giving up on the xuv. Thinking of either fortuner or Santa Fe.
Old 16th October 2015, 10:21   #3587
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I had given my XUV for the aircon work some times back. Since it came back it has developed a strange new habit. While firing up the engine 9 out of 10 times the rear demister switches on automatically. What could this be due to?
I had a similar experience.

MY RM tolde me this might be due to weak battery. Change the battery & lo the problem solved.
Old 16th October 2015, 14:28   #3588

An update on the minor niggles faced in my month of ownership
  • A slight rattle from the left side (door or dashboard).
    They tightened and greased a few parts in the door. Sound has reduced but not gone away. Will follow up as part of the first service.
  • A plastic part (near top left edge of the bonnet) was not fitted properly and had one side sticking out. Was aligned and adjusted in the body shop. Problem solved.
  • Static noise while taking calls
    This was the main one. Calls which last more than 3-4 minutes would have a static noise (regular but not continuous) appear in the background. The noise only appears when phone calls are taken through the infotainment system (via Bluetooth). No issue with playing music, radio or otherwise. The technician consulted Nippon and they have acknowledged that they are working on a fix for this. Next version of the firmware should fix the problem.
mark_iv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 11:52   #3589

Update: Took my car to the service centre of another dealer. He identified the oil leakage source to be a worn out washer attached to 'plunger'. Fixed it. Costed almost nothing. No more leakage now, as observed over 48 hours. I admire the guts of the first service rep who suggested replacement of timing case for this!! Will have to find a good non-dealer mechanic for XUV. Any suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by knsivakumar View Post
Hi, I had given my XUV (July 2013 model) for general check-up today, since I am planning for a long drive next week. Usage is not high - just done 19,000 kms. I had noticed some oil leak in my parking lot. The service advisor called to say that there is leakage in the timing case and TC needs to be replaced. Rs. 7,500 is the cost of parts and Rs. 5,500 is the labour cost. Since there is no damage to timing case and the dealer does not stock bush/washers etc that can stop leak, I am being advised to change the TC. Requesting members to advise if this is really necessary or if the replacement idea is an overkill. I am uncomfortable with the idea of engine being dismounted completely, TC changed and remounted, for a simple . Thanks.
knsivakumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 00:22   #3590
BHPian

Asking for a friend:

He purchased XUV500 in 2014. He wants to swap the lights, grill, bumper and bonnet from the new XUV500 (facelift 2015) into his car. Is it possible?

Mechanically I personally felt its possible, except the new lights might need some wiring etc to be upgraded.
Old 20th October 2015, 13:02   #3591
Senior - BHPian

Posted about the issue am facing here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3829815

Anybody else who faced this issue ? How do i escalate this ? Cant believe i am posting in this thread so soon, great job Mahindra !
Old 20th October 2015, 13:17   #3592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Posted about the issue am facing here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3829815

Anybody else who faced this issue ? How do i escalate this ? Cant believe i am posting in this thread so soon, great job Mahindra !
Does it happen to you while accelerating the car in 4th and 6th gear? The Gear knob vibrates and it does make a noise, I am facing this issue, Is yours similar or Same?
Old 20th October 2015, 13:22   #3593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Does it happen to you while accelerating the car in 4th and 6th gear? The Gear knob vibrates and it does make a noise, I am facing this issue, Is yours similar or Same?
Experienced the same on a friends XUV that has run around 2k kms, in 4th gear .
I really doubt if it can be the clutch plates as mentioned in the other thread.

Sounded more like the transmission vibes getting through to the gear lever which makes the noise.
Was a normal feature on the old Mahindra jeeps.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 13:26   #3594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

Sounded more like the transmission vibes getting through to the gear lever which makes the noise.
Yes i doubt if its related to the clutch plates, Also for me happens only if i am accelerating in a tad hurry, It won't happen if i am just cruising. I had reported this issue to the Service center during my first 5k servicing, But they had completely ignored this issue. Waiting for the 10k Servicing now.
Old 20th October 2015, 18:54   #3595
BHPian

Quote:
Yes i doubt if its related to the clutch plates, Also for me happens only if i am accelerating in a tad hurry, It won't happen if i am just cruising. I had reported this issue to the Service center during my first 5k servicing, But they had completely ignored this issue. Waiting for the 10k Servicing now.
Hi Tanveer,

Same kind of Noise I also felt in my XUV but it took time to find the fault but at last it got resolved.

In my first visit, mechanic at the workshop did some adjustment with the gear wire and the pulley which is beneath the gear handle ( after removing the console near to gear lever) and the vibration at 4th and 6th gear reduces significantly but it was still there, so I took the car and came back.

After some time, I started noticing the vibration and noise again and I took the vehicle to the workshop, this time a different mechanic was assigned and he was experienced chap and he caught the issue, there is a bolt for handbrake adjustment ( the console besides the gear lever needs to be removed to access the bolt), that bolt is placed with a metal clip, if that bolt is loose then your handbrake will also not work properly and you will hear vibration in 4th and 6th gear, so he tighten up the screw and the vibration was gone and handbrake also got more effective.
Adesh.Singh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 19:40   #3596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post
Hi Tanveer,

Same kind of Noise I also felt in my XUV but it took time to find the fault but at last it got resolved.

In my first visit, mechanic at the workshop did some adjustment with the gear wire and the pulley which is beneath the gear handle ( after removing the console near to gear lever) and the vibration at 4th and 6th gear reduces significantly but it was still there, so I took the car and came back.

After some time, I started noticing the vibration and noise again and I took the vehicle to the workshop, this time a different mechanic was assigned and he was experienced chap and he caught the issue, there is a bolt for handbrake adjustment ( the console besides the gear lever needs to be removed to access the bolt), that bolt is placed with a metal clip, if that bolt is loose then your handbrake will also not work properly and you will hear vibration in 4th and 6th gear, so he tighten up the screw and the vibration was gone and handbrake also got more effective.
Hello, Thanks for the update, This is the first thing i want to get rectified in my 2nd service! The vibration noise is just too much for me and unfortunately the time i had sent my car for the first service, They were not even aware about what i am talking about, I will be changing the workshop this time and going there personally to explain them this.
Old 21st October 2015, 12:54   #3597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bingo ! So am not the chosen one, phew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

I had the same doubt so asked the RM not to tinker with the clutch.
They made some adjustments and the noise has reduced to some extent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post

Thanks a lot ! Will definitely try this ,hope it works.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 21st October 2015 at 12:55.
faithless_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 19:38   #3598
BHPian

Updates on niggles after 12.5k kms in 8 months. Fairly happy and satisfied with the vehicle till now. Would take these up with the service station the coming Monday-
1) Slight rubbery feel on engaging 1st gear. Happens early mornings and occurrence is limited to twice or thrice every week. Minor.
2 )RR tyre swapped message pops up randomly after the second service. Irritant.
3) Some sort of grinding noise is heard from inside, like metal rubbing against metal, probably from the back seats or the boot, while going over even slightly bad patches. This was proclaimed as fixed in the second service but has worsened. Major irritant.
4) I hear some noise while engaging hand brake. Don't know whether it is normal.
5) I feel that the car shudders more than what it should while shutting the engine off. If anyone with an XUV around BTM could meet up and help tally this and other things, it would be great.
Old 24th October 2015, 23:26   #3599
BHPian

Faced an issue with reverse camera during today's Thrissur - Bangalore trip. While engaging the reverse camera the infotainment system displayed a pink screen as in attached picture . Was intermittent and happened few times through the trip. Any one else who had faced similar issue ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_0103.jpg  

Old 25th October 2015, 08:40   #3600
BHPian

Hello Sk671,

At the outset, let me apologise for the delayed response as i was travelling.

I feel the dealer you went to was not absolutely right. I have only the coils changed and not the whole setup, but from his point of view he might be right as in most cars you have to change the whole setup for some sort of results. Maybe he is trying to sell some of his inventory to you in the process. Why don't you speak to another dealer or better yet RedRooster directly. I am sure they will help you.

In the past few weeks i have done a couple of long runs from Mumbai to Pune and see that the car is still bouncy but the intensity of the bounce has gone down. I would say the setup has made the car softer. The car also feels much more stable at high 3 digit speeds.

I have also made many runs to my factory, for which i have to pass through very very bad roads and must say there is a stark difference in the way the car tackled them. A 4 km part of the road I have to drive through is full of stones (almost like an unpaved road) and to my delight, not even a single jerk gets transferred to me anymore. I can smoothly run over them in speeds upto 40kmph where other cars have to slow down to a snails pace (including cars like fortunes and other XUV's).

Hope this helps.

-Kartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Hello dear Kartman - if you can share how its going with these new springs, would be very helpful.

I went to a dealer who was listed under certified dealers to take care of this, but for some reason he was not very forthcoming. He said one has to change the whole suspension and not just the springs for the whole system to work. Was giving me some technical details.

Anyways, would be great if you can update us. Thanks!!!
Kartman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks