Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 17:02   #3571

XUV500 problems with infotainment system

Hi
I have purchased XUV500 W8 in June. I am facing lots of issues with the infotainment system.
1) Gets hanged suddenly
2) touch doesnt work
3) GPS Goes blank
4) Song being played and displayed doesn't match

I tried to get it fixed from Sireesh auto limited Bangalore but only solution they have is to reprogram the software which doesn't seem to work.
Wanted help to understand how do i exclate the issue and get my problem addressed.
I expected a hassle free car after spending 17 Lakhs.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Suchitra
Old 8th October 2015, 17:39   #3572
Senior - BHPian

Re: XUV500 problems with infotainment system

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbhide View Post
Hi
I have purchased XUV500 W8 in June. I am facing lots of issues with the infotainment system.
1) Gets hanged suddenly
2) touch doesnt work
3) GPS Goes blank

I tried to get it fixed from Sireesh auto limited Bangalore but only solution they have is to reprogram the software which doesn't seem to work.
Wanted help to understand how do i exclate the issue and get my problem addressed.
I expected a hassle free car after spending 17 Lakhs.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Suchitra
Sad to know on the issues you are facing with your cheetah. Probably you can get the silver box replaced. Write an email to customer care on the issues you are facing and the inability of service center to rectify the same. If still you do not get any response, then you can try to reach out to higher management.

Is it the new age XUV? If yes, then you can ask to replace the silver box immediately. Recently abirnale got his silver box replaced due to issues with navigation. Here is the link for this ownership review

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3810791

Last edited by fusionbang : 8th October 2015 at 17:41.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 22:40   #3573
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Can someone show me where the OBD-II port is on the old XUV500? I have a W8 bought in March, just before they launched the new one :(
I want to install a HUD like one of these.

I took a torch and mirror to the space above the foot pedals, but all I could see was what looked like the fuse box.
Old 9th October 2015, 08:23   #3574
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: XUV500 problems with infotainment system

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbhide View Post
Hi
1) Gets hanged suddenly
2) touch doesnt work
3) GPS Goes blank

Like Sunay said, of all the above mentioned issues I only had issue with Navigation. That happened while they were flashing the software to latest version. I could definitely repeat the issue and show them that everything except the navigation works. They tried all tricks but alas. Finally they replaced the silver box and things are fine now.

Silver box is a processing unit - it is responsible for all things execution while touch screen and GPS sensors are a separate unit. The GPS sensors are kept above the waterfall console - make sure that it is not covered by any object like idol to block the signal reception. It could be as simple as that. If the infotainment software version is not 3.0.0 or above, you definitely need upgrade. (How to check - press and hold mute and settings buttons simultaneously - the screen has many options, one of them is software versions info.)

In all these things, the sad part is none of this can be sorted out in just an hour or so. It would need a day or sometimes multiple visits to service station. Not sure whom you are interacting at Sireesh, but do let me know if you need any help - pm me.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 12:23   #3575
BHPian

Oil Filter Change Recall

I had purchased my XUV500 W8 last month. Today I got a call from the ASS that there is an issue with Oil Filter ( There is a possibility of oil leakage) and they would be replacing the same. Has anyone else received similar call or faced this problem
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 14:44   #3576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Oil Filter Change Recall

I had purchased my XUV500 W8 last month. Today I got a call from the ASS that there is an issue with Oil Filter ( There is a possibility of oil leakage) and they would be replacing the same. Has anyone else received similar call or faced this problem
I did not receive any call, Even the service centre i calledup denied any such information here in Mumbai, Can anyone else confirm? Since yours was just purchased last month, I am sure vehicles purchased before that too would be recalled.
Old 9th October 2015, 14:51   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I did not receive any call, Even the service centre i calledup denied any such information here in Mumbai, Can anyone else confirm? Since yours was just purchased last month, I am sure vehicles purchased before that too would be recalled.
My vehicle was manufactured in August unfortunately the ASS person on phone could not explain the issue in detail. They told me it will take around 1.5- 2 hrs to change. Did anyone in other cities receive such calls
Old 9th October 2015, 15:33   #3578
Distinguished - BHPian

I am in Bangalore, past first service. Vehicle was brought in third week of June 2015.
Neither received the call nor my vehicle shows up here - http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/servic...n/default.aspx Not sure if there is any such recall.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 10:43   #3579
BHPian

My car thinks it's in Kullu! Outside temperature is actually 37 degrees. Will this have any impact on the cooling?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-1444626757450.jpg  

djpeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 15:04   #3580

Hi, I had given my XUV (July 2013 model) for general check-up today, since I am planning for a long drive next week. Usage is not high - just done 19,000 kms. I had noticed some oil leak in my parking lot. The service advisor called to say that there is leakage in the timing case and TC needs to be replaced. Rs. 7,500 is the cost of parts and Rs. 5,500 is the labour cost. Since there is no damage to timing case and the dealer does not stock bush/washers etc that can stop leak, I am being advised to change the TC. Requesting members to advise if this is really necessary or if the replacement idea is an overkill. I am uncomfortable with the idea of engine being dismounted completely, TC changed and remounted, for a simple . Thanks.
Old 13th October 2015, 17:59   #3581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
My vehicle was manufactured in August unfortunately the ASS person on phone could not explain the issue in detail. They told me it will take around 1.5- 2 hrs to change. Did anyone in other cities receive such calls
I went to the ASS, the service engineer told me, it is the problem with the particular lot of oil filter , where the o-ring gives way, hence they are replacing it.
As I reached late on Saturday and it was going to take couple of hours due to heavy workload at ASS, have planned to get it replaced sometime this week
Old 13th October 2015, 18:25   #3582
Team-BHP Support

I had given my XUV for the aircon work some times back. Since it came back it has developed a strange new habit. While firing up the engine 9 out of 10 times the rear demister switches on automatically. What could this be due to?
Old 15th October 2015, 15:55   #3583
BHPian

My problems (and Mahindra's fixes) so far

The car stopped cooling and I had a sweaty ride to work this morning. So I thought I'd write down ALL my problems in the last two years of ownership. I classify them as Major and Minor.

MAJOR:

5,000 km - 4 months: The ABS, Airbags, Check Engine lights come on. A check shows that ABS sensors have been 'bitten by rats'. Fortunately, SDP's analysis on the rat bite problem shows that its not rats but poorly fitted sensor wires that foul with the shock absorber and get cut. Once demonstrated, the sensors are replaced gratis.

5,500 km - Reverse sensors randomly comes on while driving forward, car loses power. Repair under warranty.

6,000 km - front brake pads have no bite. The brake pads are replaced under warranty with new design

7,000 km - 6 months: Steering jams on the Bandra-Worli Sealink. The cause is found to be the hooter breaking off and getting jammed in the power steering assembly. Solution: replace hooter bracket, and have it reinforced. Cost: 0 [but it could have been fatal had I been going faster]

10,000 km - 8 months: Burning smell from ACC. Condensor is replaced under warranty.

12,000 km - 9 months: Rear suspension changed after making noise

40,000 km - Aug 2015: Airconditioner stops working. Evaporator core assembly replaced under warranty. Gas charging chargeable @1280, Compressor Oil@145, Fevi quick@9, A/C disinfectant@675. Total cost @2,300

42,000 km - Oct 2015: Airconditioner stops working. Shows outside temperature as 12 degrees celsius. Real temperate 37 degrees. Awaiting repair.

42,000 km - touch screen stops and starts working randomly. Registers phantom touches. living with it as not covered under Mahindra warranty apparently.

MINOR:

500 km - 1 month - boot open warning keeps coming up. Mahindra replaces sensor free of charge

5,000 km - Bonnet open sensor malfunctions. Sensor replaced under warranty

15,000 km- Bonnet open sensor malfunctions. Sensor replaced under warranty

35,000 km - Mirror assembly falls off. Replaced by Motherson Sumi contact. Handbrake plastic falls off. Self repair with feviquik.

42,000 km - Bonnet open sensor begins malfunctioning again. Awaiting replacement
djpeesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 23:23   #3584
BHPian

Djpeesh, unbelievable , your list of issues would put a state transport bus to shame. When did you buy this car ? I thought that for xuv owners there was a purple club with a dedicated officer assigned in case of any problems in order to ensure minimum customer discomfort and prompt service.
Old 16th October 2015, 02:40   #3585
BHPian

Hi Djpeesh, until you can take it to the ASS for the AC problem, try tapping on the console right about next to where passenger right foot will be. This should make the AC work ( if your problem is that airflow is available but no cooling) . Apparently there is a valve there for the compressor which can go loose. I did a Chennai-Mangalore-Chennai trip like that tapping every time I start or when the cooling stops. Just a tip to avoid sweaty rides. :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks