Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2015, 11:12   #3466
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

^^ Second what Bejoy mentioned. This happens in my XUV too.
Only issue with this is, if your floor mats are dirty, suddenly all dust gets kicked up
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 11:17   #3467
BHPian

Guys,

Just gave my xuv for service post 30k. The SA tells me that we need to change brake pads. It's costing 5.5k. Is it that at these levels you change brake pads.

Please advice..
Old 18th August 2015, 11:45   #3468
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Guys,

Just gave my xuv for service post 30k. The SA tells me that we need to change brake pads. It's costing 5.5k. Is it that at these levels you change brake pads.

Please advice..
If these are the front brake-pads, don't change till you get the "Front Brake-pads worn out" message.
If you are at the service center, inspect the brake pads visually and take a call if the thickness is very close to the threshold.
Old 18th August 2015, 12:01   #3469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
If these are the front brake-pads, don't change till you get the "Front Brake-pads worn out" message.
If you are at the service center, inspect the brake pads visually and take a call if the thickness is very close to the threshold.
It us front brake pads. I haven't got any such message. Just a query? How many kms does one usually last?

Unfortunately I am not at the workshop
Old 18th August 2015, 12:34   #3470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
How many kms does one usually last?
It is based on driving condition & style, more discussion here.

However, my cousins XUV (2013 model) which is driven around 60% on highways and rest in city traffic had to get its pads replaced around 30K Kms.
Old 19th August 2015, 07:29   #3471
BHPian

I got a call yesterday from the mahindra dealer regarding recall of the new age xuv500 for some software upgrade. They said it will be a 10 minute job and all the new XUV are affected. anyone else got it too?
Old 19th August 2015, 09:09   #3472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post
They said it will be a 10 minute job and all the new XUV are affected. anyone else got it too?
Whoa! I haven't got the call yet. Any specific batches? Month deliveries?

I don't have any issues so far - touchwood! And even if they call, I will not do upgrade unless I understand whats the exact problem. Why fix something that isn't broken?
Old 19th August 2015, 10:12   #3473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
It is based on driving condition & style, more discussion here.

However, my cousins XUV (2013 model) which is driven around 60% on highways and rest in city traffic had to get its pads replaced around 30K Kms.
I was told by the SA during the 10k service that the brake pads have worn out. I was surprised at this. Told him how can the brake pads wear out in 10k. Also the infotainment screen doesn't give any warning. I have been driving the vehicle with the same brake pads, and no issues till now have done approx 2k KM after that.

I am recently getting a warning in the infotainment screen "brake oil level is low, drive with extreme caution" alongwith the handbrake light blinking randomly. Have to take the vehicle to the Service Centre.
Old 19th August 2015, 10:22   #3474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Whoa! I haven't got the call yet. Any specific batches? Month deliveries?
You can check with your vehicle details here.

For all earlier service actions, they had updated the details here. Also, in a week or so you should be getting a letter mentioning about the service action.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 15:08   #3475
BHPian

I was told by the service adviser that the life of front brake pads in XUV500 averages to about 20K Kms during my 20 k service. However, she told me that she will contact me and tell if it is worn out after physically examining it. She later confirmed that its good for another 5K Kms. She also told me to still not wait until 5k kms and the warning message and bring it in for another examination within 2k kms.

Avoiding the replacement would wear out the discs and that will cost a lot more. I am not sure about other makes but on my Ford Ikon, the pads lasted for good 60k kms !!!
Old 19th August 2015, 18:10   #3476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriram.raghavan View Post
Avoiding the replacement would wear out the discs and that will cost a lot more. I am not sure about other makes but on my Ford Ikon, the pads lasted for good 60k kms !!!
I changed mine only after 50K. Though we had a free replacement before 6K. -( XUV5OO W8 FWD 2012)
Old 19th August 2015, 18:33   #3477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post
I got a call yesterday from the mahindra dealer regarding recall of the new age xuv500 for some software upgrade. They said it will be a 10 minute job and all the new XUV are affected. anyone else got it too?
Can you pls let us know once you get the software upgrade - what is it about? I also don't have any complaints with my W10 so far and haven't received any call from Mahindra.
Old 20th August 2015, 07:31   #3478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriram.raghavan View Post
I was told by the service adviser that the life of front brake pads in XUV500 averages to about 20K Kms during my 20 k service.

My front break pads were replaced at 30k service and they still had about 5k of driving left in them. Hard to believe that the break pads can wear out so soon. The service advisor also mentioned that my break pads had lasted longer than expected. He attributed this long life to my long highway drives including Ladakh
Once I had forgotten to de-activate my hill descent function and was driving around, and while going down on a flyover I could notice that the HDC was actually applying the brakes and slowing down the car
I immediately switched off the HDC and there were no further problems.
I was also advised that it's not possible to skimm the break discs on the XUV and if there are any scratches or any wear, the break disc has to be replaced.
Old 20th August 2015, 07:59   #3479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
You can check with your vehicle details here.

For all earlier service actions, they had updated the details here. Also, in a week or so you should be getting a letter mentioning about the service action.
I put my vehicle serial number in that link but it did not show the vehicle due for any action. But the dealer called again

I had put P8 HID in the projectors. am facing a peculiar problem since. would appreciate any help.

There is a distinct shadow in the light throw(pic 1)which translates into a shadow on the road as shown in pic 2. What can be the reason?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-light-defect-1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-light-defect.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th August 2015 at 08:12. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 23rd August 2015, 09:14   #3480
BHPian

Hi All,
My windshield cracked from a stone hit on a highway recently. ICICI Lombard contacted Windshield Experts, a Gurgaon based company with 4 branches in Bangalore. The replaced the windshield at my door. So far all good. While fixing the sensor-disc back into the glass, I noticed them using a hair gel in the disc chamber. When I asked they said it's normal. Also, I could see bubbles from the outside which said that the gel hadn't been applied evenly. But the Experts ignored that as well and assured it's going to be all right. In a week I realized that the sensors have stopped working. In auto mode the wipers won't work, and the lights stay on in constant intensity. When I called back the Experts, they wiped off the gel clean from the disc chamber, and left it empty this time, saying it's going to work that way. But another week, and the same problem persists - no sensor response. Has anyone faced a similar problem? Has this issue been discussed in this thread earlier or in any other thread - please someone point me to it. Else, if anyone can help me resolve this or advice, i'd be super happy!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks