Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2015, 14:08   #3451
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Folks, has anybody come across an issue with the wiper blades. I am facing issue from quite sometime with the wiper blades where they tend to shudder while completing the swipe and going back. Is this a know issue or first of its kind?

Has anybody sourced a bosch wiper blade for their XUV? If yes, what was the cost? How is it compared to the stock blades?

I have had this issue from day 1 for the rear wiper of my Scorpio and hasn't been resolved despite realigning the wiper arm and trying multiple brands of wipers. Currently I am using Bosch for the front as well as rear, the blades work well and last well over a year (in Mumbai climate).
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 14:28   #3452
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Folks, has anybody come across an issue with the wiper blades. I am facing issue from quite sometime with the wiper blades where they tend to shudder while completing the swipe and going back. Is this a know issue or first of its kind?

Has anybody sourced a bosch wiper blade for their XUV? If yes, what was the cost? How is it compared to the stock blades?
Have faced this. Just add proper washer fluid in the front-windshield spray container. With the soapy solution, the shudder goes away. At least it did for me.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 14:31   #3453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Have faced this. Just add proper washer fluid in the front-windshield spray container. With the soapy solution, the shudder goes away. At least it did for me.
Thanks SDP. I have bought "ProKlear Prkwwc Liquid Vehicle Glass Cleaner" as the washer fluid and I am yet to add that to the container, let me try this if it works fine after adding this, else will try to change them to Bosch wiper blades.

I remember you changing your wiper blades, what was the reason and which one did you buy?
Old 15th August 2015, 08:41   #3454
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks SDP. I have bought "ProKlear Prkwwc Liquid Vehicle Glass Cleaner" as the washer fluid and I am yet to add that to the container, let me try this if it works fine after adding this, else will try to change them to Bosch wiper blades.

I remember you changing your wiper blades, what was the reason and which one did you buy?
I changed stock wipers after 3 years and currently using a Bosch pair. I believe the current ones are as good as the stock.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 10:41   #3455
BHPian

I am using the proclear windshield cleaner in my spark and XUV. Still getting the shudder on the XUV, but i have observed that the shudder occurs after the wiper swipes the windshield dry and wipers continue to run 1-2 times after it has dried. The proclear mentions that the liquid lubricates the wiper blade too. I have not faced this issue in my Spark
Old 15th August 2015, 11:37   #3456
BHPian

Is there a way to reduce the default ringing volume for incoming calls in the new XUV infotainment system? I find the ringing pretty loud and scary

When it is ringing I reduced the volume and it reduced the volume only for that particular call and I can't set it to default to that levels.
Old 15th August 2015, 12:54   #3457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
I am using the proclear windshield cleaner in my spark and XUV. Still getting the shudder on the XUV, but i have observed that the shudder occurs after the wiper swipes the windshield dry and wipers continue to run 1-2 times after it has dried. The proclear mentions that the liquid lubricates the wiper blade too. I have not faced this issue in my Spark
Did you try to mention it to the SA during service? Was any work done on it or wipers changed?
Old 15th August 2015, 21:35   #3458
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try to mention it to the SA during service? Was any work done on it or wipers changed?
No Fusionbang, the issue happens intermittently, I am going to take my XUV for a general checkup before my Leh trip planned for mid September. I will take up the issue alongwith a few other ones I am facing and will get back with the feedback.
Ritesh_Dogar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 21:27   #3459
BHPian

Quote:

Hi have faced this problem when the wiper has run a few times dry.
in any case the quality of OEM wiper blades is not good. Am planning to change the same at the first instance. They have deteriorated in less than 2 months of ownership.
ayon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 16:28   #3460
BHPian

Guys just wanted to confirm whether both the static bending headlights are supposed to turn on irrespective of which direction you turn. I had given this as one of the problems during the first service but was told this is normal by the service advisor
Old 17th August 2015, 16:57   #3461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post
Guys just wanted to confirm whether both the static bending headlights are supposed to turn on irrespective of which direction you turn.
Yes. At least this is the case in my new face lift W10. Based on more than 30 degree (approx) or more wheel turn light up both sides static bending lights. Both lights come up regardless of the direction you turn the steering.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 17:30   #3462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
My 2012 batch XUV has suffered its second major issue. Just after I bought the vehicle it suffered a complete PS failure which warranted a big work for 2 days at the SS. Post that it never ever gave me any issue worth talking about. That was till today morning...

So the SA took me to one of the bays where an XUV was being worked upon by 3 technicians. They were working on the AC. According to the SA its an oft reported issue with the initial batches of XUVs and often needs either a coil change or the evaporator replacement. And the process to do that gave me the shivers.

Same issue with my Feb 2013 beast. The coil was replaced under warranty last week, but had to pay 2k odd for consumables includes 6 rupees for fevikwik.

The week before, the suspension was replaced under warranty.

This morning, my bonnet open indicator keeps coming up, indicating that sensor has gone kaput again.

I think at this point, Mahindra had spent more on warranty than I did when I bought the car. Which reminds me, I should check up on the status of my extended warranty.

OT : between chasing the warranty repairs on the xuv500 and the bonnie, I no longer have time to work!

Last edited by djpeesh : 17th August 2015 at 17:33.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 18:37   #3463
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post
Guys just wanted to confirm whether both the static bending headlights are supposed to turn on irrespective of which direction you turn. I had given this as one of the problems during the first service but was told this is normal by the service advisor
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Yes. At least this is the case in my new face lift W10. Based on more than 30 degree (approx) or more wheel turn light up both sides static bending lights. Both lights come up regardless of the direction you turn the steering.
Yes, this is normal. Both sides light up on the pre facelift and new age XUV.
Old 17th August 2015, 19:02   #3464
Senior - BHPian

Folks one quick clarification needed. Yesterday while using AC I switched on the front windshield defogger and noticed that there is some amount of air blowing on my legs. Is this normal behavior across or a niggle? IMO it is a niggle because if my legs are wet when I enter the car during monsoon and if the air is blown on to my legs, it would be very chill which I would not like.

Also I noticed that even if I shut the vents using the knob I can feel some amount of air seeping through, again is this normal?
Old 17th August 2015, 19:20   #3465
BHPian

Quote:
Folks one quick clarification needed. Yesterday while using AC I switched on the front windshield defogger and noticed that there is some amount of air blowing on my legs. Is this normal behavior across or a niggle? IMO it is a niggle because if my legs are wet when I enter the car during monsoon and if the air is blown on to my legs, it would be very chill which I would not like.

Also I noticed that even if I shut the vents using the knob I can feel some amount of air seeping through, again is this normal?
I think it is normal. I too have observed this. The air is momentarily diverted to the leg position as the louver is being brought back to the original position from the windshield. Its motor driven so takes its own time to come to it's final position.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed