Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2015, 18:11   #3316
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndian View Post

When the engine feels coarse/ slow/ sluggish, have you guys tried to turn off the engine and restart it to see if it makes any difference?
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Usually, the car will behave a certain way the whole day. If it starts in a happy mood in the morning, it will be fine the whole day. If it starts in an unhappy mood, it will remain coarse and growly the whole day.
Old 16th May 2015, 22:10   #3317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk21 View Post

Usually, the car will behave a certain way the whole day. If it starts in a happy mood in the morning, it will be fine the whole day. If it starts in an unhappy mood, it will remain coarse and growly the whole day.
Lol

If you've ELM OBD, check with it if it throws any error when the engine is felt sluggish.
Old 17th May 2015, 08:37   #3318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I have felt this once during a test drive of a used XUV that I had checked out. It was a 6 month old car with 9K km but sounded very coarse and struggled during pick. However it did 120kmph but felt labored.
I have w8 which is around 5 months old with odo meter around 14,000 KM.
I've noticed that pick is more when the diesel tank is full. Otherwise I did not experience in extensive drop in pick up.

Before clocking 5000 KM I got mileage around 12.5-13 KM/L but later it was less (11.25 to 11.8)
Then i tried some fuel additives such as IOC's adon -D and Abro ( system D is the best as per my previous experience but its very rare in Kerala) , i found some improvement in the pick up and mileage. Now the mileage is around 13.

I tested the child lock but when i moved the small lever to unlock position i was not able to open door from inside. I tried several times to lock and unlock and there was no change.

I am not sure why Mahindra isnot keeping up a minimum standard on quality.
I opted for W8 just for ESP, now I am not sure how to clearly test if ESP is working or not.

Another worst part is Service Availability :

when ever i tried for service booking, the requested date will be postponed at TVS kochi to next 3-4 days as slot is not available.

Once i took the vehicle for fixing noise that was coming from some loose nut/bolt as they did not fix it at 5000KM service, I showed them the issue but they could not fix it as there was no availability of space in their workshop.
I was disappointed by their approach towards a 16 Lakhs + vehicle

Mahindra should bring dedicated showrooms and service centres for XUV 500 and Rexton , if they want to be a premium player.
Tornado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 17:19   #3319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Mahindra should bring dedicated showrooms and service centres for XUV 500 and Rexton , if they want to be a premium player.
Here in delhi at least, I have heard all good stories about MASS and the way they go out of their way to provide satisfaction to the buyers. Have you tried Concorde yet if its available in your vicinity? Tata has been catching up slowly in after sales though. At two of their service centres, I found an exclusive service bay for storme owners.
Old 17th May 2015, 20:26   #3320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I have w8 which is around 5 months old with odo meter around 14,000 KM.
I've noticed that pick is more when the diesel tank is full. Otherwise I did not experience in extensive drop in pick up.
Tornado I do my service at KTC kochi. I have never faced any slot availability issue. They are very helpful and competent. I would always recommend KTC in Kochi

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2015 at 19:46. Reason: Removed the bulk of the quoted post
Old 18th May 2015, 13:08   #3321
BHPian

Quote:
If you're getting the headlights upgrade (whichever alternative) thro' MASS, what's the issue in Warranty?
What I meant was, in case of HID's with this big budgets, I can only source the money from my dad along with the Warranty Extension of the car planned for sometime before this August.
Old 18th May 2015, 16:11   #3322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When the engine feels coarse/ slow/ sluggish, have you guys tried to turn off the engine and restart it to see if it makes any difference?
Just felt it once so far, if it happens again will try restarting to see if there is any difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk21 View Post

This goes onto show how we tbhpians treat our cars like any other living entity
Old 26th May 2015, 14:08   #3323
BHPian

My BIL's July 2012 manufactured XUV clutch failed after clocking 50k kms. He is residing in Gurgaon and contacted Sterling Motors which after diagnosis quoted 60k INR for Flywheel assembly replacement. My BIL argued to replace it under warranty, but the SA ruled it out stating wear & tear. He just called me to enquire about contact info of customer care at Mahindra to escalate the issue. I being active here on forum, made him aware that this indeed is an unofficially acknowledged manufacturing defect & it should be rectified within warranty. He was shocked to hear about it and in the process of escalating the issue.
Guys, please help me to reach to appropriate person at Mahindra to get the issue resolved in his favour asap. Fellow Bhpians who faced this issue also kindly advise about it and share your experience.
Old 29th May 2015, 10:14   #3324
BHPian

I had observed a very light misty moisture layer on the inside of the driver side headlamp on my car from a few months. Reported it to the A.S.S while giving my car for its 20K free service yesterday and the RM told me that they checked and cleaned the headlamp and it should be ok.

On taking delivery after service, my car had just come out of wash and I could see a prominent layer of moisture on the inner wall (lower end) of the driver side headlamp glass. The RM had a look and asked to come with the vehicle again so that they could remove the headlamp assembly and inspect the issue.

Has anyone else faced a similar problem on your XUV5OO's headlamps?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20150528_183144.jpg  

Old 29th May 2015, 11:18   #3325
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
I had observed a very light misty moisture layer on the inside of the driver side headlamp on my car from a few months. Reported it to the A.S.S while giving my car for its 20K free service yesterday and the RM told me that they checked and cleaned the headlamp and it should be ok.

On taking delivery after service, my car had just come out of wash and I could see a prominent layer of moisture on the inner wall (lower end) of the driver side headlamp glass. The RM had a look and asked to come with the vehicle again so that they could remove the headlamp assembly and inspect the issue.

Fairly common problem in early batches. Lot of people got their headlight assemblies changed under warranty due to this problem. May be even you should insist on warranty replacement.
Old 29th May 2015, 14:11   #3326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post

Looks like moisture is seeping in and the headlight seals have gone bad. Either it should be fixed or headlight replaced ideally.
Old 29th May 2015, 15:05   #3327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Fairly common problem in early batches. Lot of people got their headlight assemblies changed under warranty due to this problem. May be even you should insist on warranty replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Looks like moisture is seeping in and the headlight seals have gone bad. Either it should be fixed or headlight replaced ideally.
Thanks SDP and supertinu. Even I suspect the seals to be faulty here. I will insist on a warranty replacement the next time I take my car to the Service Center.
Old 31st May 2015, 11:47   #3328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhangad View Post
Never thought I'd end up writing on this thread before I even write my ownership review [j/k].

Anyway, here's the list of issues creeping me out right now:

From the moment the car was driven out of the stock yard (sireesh auto hosur road): rear right rattle due to seat belt - there is a tak-tak noise/rattle from right rear side because of the seat belt hitting the plastic panel whenever car goes over a bad road !! can't imagine any other solution than changing the seat belt or its alignment?

I was also facing the same issue of rattle from passenger seat belt when not in use. However, yesterday realised that there is a nice clip provided - in both the sides - where the seat belts can be inserted so they don't hang loose and make noise. I figured it out almost after a year of my ownership ;-).

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2015 at 19:46. Reason: Formatted quoted post
pgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 20:51   #3329
BHPian

I searched the thread, I could not find any user complaining of black smoke. I have a dear colleague's W8, which has completed 12K and a little more than a year since purchase. I can find thick black smoke from the car when revving from idle or when climbing a ramp. Though the smoke disappears in mid RPMs, it still comes back with full glory at high RPMs. The fuelling is always from SHELL bangalore. Has other users experienced this?
Old 1st June 2015, 21:29   #3330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
I searched the thread, I could not find any user complaining of black smoke.
You may find this thread helpful.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks