Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2015, 00:20   #3196
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I found a dealer finally who is ready to install P8 35w 4300K in low beam for Rs 9000.

he was not sure if some canbus is required b/c cars with ECM require canbus.
as per him it will require H7 bulb for xuv.

Can someone confirm if canbus is required for xuv? I have no idea on ECM or canbus.
Did you install HID finally? Why 35w, why not 55W? Since you asked about warranty, did you take any confirmation from Mahindra on warranty? Like your case, my RM as well as Mahindra service engineer are insisting that electrical warranty will be void.
Old 9th March 2015, 10:44   #3197

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Really shocking.

Replacing is OK. But did they figure out the reason behind the rust? XUV's documentary shows that the entire body is treated with some anti-rust treatment. They how could rust happen?
Then why do the service centres insist on selling anti rust coating?
Old 9th March 2015, 11:30   #3198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I have the camera fixed on bumper and also M&M rear crash guard. The crash guard blocks part of the view in display. In rainy season camera gets covered in mud soon. This would have a bit better if mounted slightly higher.
On the contrary, I like that small crash guard view in the rear view camera. It gives me room to make very fine adjustments especially while reversing into short parking spaces. I like to have a reference point on the vehicle itself so that I know where exactly the rear will end up.
Strangely, I never had a problem of muck accumulating on the camera during rain. I think it might be due to the position of the rear guard in my car. It is slightly misaligned on my car. Thought of realigning it, but if this helps, I would leave it like that.

Quote:
Since you specifically mentioned that its off-center and an eye-sore, sharing the pic of the rear-view camera installed on my car.
That is a very good position to install the camera from an aesthetic point. It will not be an eyesore especially for light coloured vehicles. But the view will be completely blocked if you install a rear guard. And in Bangalore, this is a much needed accessory as there are a lot of bikers who will just plough into your rear without any reason
A350XWB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 11:39   #3199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSan View Post
I am not sure if it is related. Last time when I went for some checkup to service center, They sprayed some anti rust inside bonnet. They told there is a service action for the same. 5 min job. It was some black color spray on the edges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndian View Post
Did you install HID finally? Why 35w, why not 55W? Since you asked about warranty, did you take any confirmation from Mahindra on warranty? Like your case, my RM as well as Mahindra service engineer are insisting that electrical warranty will be void.
I tried but they were not comfortable in giving permission. so I have put it on hold. I think it will get done when I experience low beam on next long drive.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th March 2015 at 16:46. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 9th March 2015, 11:43   #3200
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSan View Post
As per my understanding, the anti-rust treatment done at the time of manufacturing is chemical reaction which alters the properties of the sheet metal, thereby making it rust-proof (or at least rust-resistant).

On the other hand, the anti-rust coating done at the dealers is typically a material like rubber sprayed on top the sheet metal and acts more like a lamination. Although there is a very old inconclusive debate about the usefulness of anti-rust coating done at dealer level, my personal take is that its a scam.
Old 9th March 2015, 15:10   #3201
BHPian

More layers give longer protec
Old 9th March 2015, 16:15   #3202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I tried but they were not comfortable in giving permission. so I have put it on hold.
Same here.

Does anybody in Mumbai know if any of the Mahindra workshop installs HID as an accessory?
Old 9th March 2015, 16:22   #3203
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Same here.

Does anybody in Mumbai know if any of the Mahindra workshop installs HID as an accessory?
No, they don't. Had asked Global Gallarie. Has to be done from accessories shops which stock HIDs. Costs somewhere between 300-500 Rs for the install.
Old 9th March 2015, 16:53   #3204
BHPian

They are insistently hesitant in not allowing it & I don't want to mess with warranty (from interaction with them, it's quite evident that in the case of eventuality, they're going to deny electrical warranty). I'm exploring another way also but if they themselves do it, then it's most comfortable from warranty point of view.
Old 9th March 2015, 18:04   #3205
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They are insistently hesitant in not allowing it & I don't want to mess with warranty (from interaction with them, it's quite evident that in the case of eventuality, they're going to deny electrical warranty). I'm exploring another way also but if they themselves do it, then it's most comfortable from warranty point of view.

The HID kit sources power directly from the battery and does not use any of the stock wiring. So even if there is any extra load, it would not cause any impact to the stock wiring. The stock bulbs are 55W, whereas HIDs that many have installed are 35W. So the HID kit draws lesser power and should not cause excess-load or overheating of any plastics in the headlight assembly. So, on what basis can M&M deny electrical warranty on HID installation? You just need to be logical and firm with them.
Old 9th March 2015, 21:48   #3206
BHPian

Quote:
The HID kit sources power directly from the battery and does not use any of the stock wiring. So even if there is any extra load, it would not cause any impact to the stock wiring. The stock bulbs are 55W, whereas HIDs that many have installed are 35W. So the HID kit draws lesser power and should not cause excess-load or overheating of any plastics in the headlight assembly. So, on what basis can M&M deny electrical warranty on HID installation? You just need to be logical and firm with them.
there is reasoning was very blunt. Irrespective of anything they are not fine with any electrical/mechanical change with in warranty. They just want to play very safe.

so If something goes wrong they might cite this just to escape warranty. I am not really sure about it and don't want to take that risk. and I am keeping my fingers crossed. Someone might just try to escalate it further up in M&M to clear it. I can try with Area manager.
Old 10th March 2015, 11:00   #3207
BHPian

I have the same alloys and bought it thinking they are good .Ran around 10k on them .Now I am really concerned .What to do .Should I contact Mahindra ?
Any one else have these alloys ? What are you doing ?

Last edited by tamojoym : 10th March 2015 at 11:06.
Old 10th March 2015, 16:30   #3208
BHPian

Quote:
About 4 pages back, I had shared a pic of a XUV accident with a broken alloy. Some bystanders had claimed that the alloy broke and caused the accident.

This being the second incident with the same design alloys breaking in the exact same fashion, I have started to doubt the sturdiness of these particular alloys. People who have these particular alloys from M&M, please be careful.
Holy Cow!!!

This is the kind of stuff for which big companies like M&M should get really worried about.

It would result in them getting sued or penalised big time if it gets proven to be a manufacturing defect.

-Sisu
Old 10th March 2015, 16:58   #3209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
I remember seeing a post in which an XUV's alloy broke while being driven on the highway. The car toppled few times if I'm not wrong. But luckily, the occupants came out alive.
Could you share a link to this post please? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,
R
Old 10th March 2015, 17:12   #3210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Could you share a link to this post
Its in accidents thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks