Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2012, 00:57   #301
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Did not get the part about the 'required cutouts'. Can you please elaborate?
Any time one fits high power bulbs, it is necessary to install cutouts since the existing fittings are not meant to take on the higher electrical loads of a higher rated bulb and can lead to electrical problems/damage. Of course along with a cutout, you will also require a relay. For more information on this go over:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html
neel385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 06:12   #302
BHPian

Saw a silver coloured XUV500 being towed down the road between amboli and sawantwadi on the 6th afternoon. Vehicle seemed intact. Had a short glance.
Old 8th May 2012, 10:03   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Seeing the number of issues and variance in the issues, certainly took right decision not to go ahead with booking of XUV, rather wait for 2 years.

Certainly, looks to be much more issues than Tata Indica faced when it was launched. But never expected from M & M, that to for 10+L price range vehicle.
Going by personal experience of M&M vehicles (Jeep, Bolero, Scorpio) the vehicles have never been free of niggles however the new generation of Scorpio & XUV have so much electronic components of suspect origin that there are bound to be teething issues (actually more, since M&M has been testing the gizmos since 2005-06).

Last edited by m_upreti : 8th May 2012 at 10:12.
Old 9th May 2012, 00:06   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Seeing the number of issues and variance in the issues, certainly took right decision not to go ahead with booking of XUV, rather wait for 2 years.

Certainly, looks to be much more issues than Tata Indica faced when it was launched. But never expected from M & M, that to for 10+L price range vehicle.
Well.. Not only saved money, but a whole lot of blood pressure too. Every time I encounter a new issue with my XUV, that day is just gone. You made the right decision.
Old 9th May 2012, 09:47   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
Well.. Not only saved money, but a whole lot of blood pressure too. Every time I encounter a new issue with my XUV, that day is just gone. You made the right decision.
I can understand your feelings, I had the same issues with my Scorpio for almost 9 months, so till now sitting on the fence waiting the XUV issues to settle down.
Old 9th May 2012, 10:10   #306
BHPian

Guys, my xuv makes weired sounds on any speed breaker/potholes as if its shockers were worn out or they were not lubricated. The noise is very loud and can be clearly heard within the cabin too.the a.s.s was unable to rectify the same.
Are you guys facing a similar issue? any solutions?
thanks for the help.
Old 9th May 2012, 10:59   #307
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Please find the summary of first 304 posts on this thread.

R = Red = Reported
RS = Green = Reported & Solved

Have categorized the issues as per my understanding and the listing is loosely in descending order of the criticalness of the category eg. Infotainment and AC issues are listed after the more critical brake and suspension issues.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-xuv-issues.png
Please click on the image to open the high resolution version.

Thanks to VaibhavDalal for starting on this summarization initiative.

PS: Posts till 304 are covered. Planning to update it once a month and repost.
SDP is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 11:05   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

R = Red = Reported

Have categorized the issues as per my understanding and the listing is loosely in descending order of the criticalness of the category eg. Infotainment and AC issues are listed after the more critical brake and suspension issues.
Thanks for this herculian effort, I am sure it would benefit both the owners and potential owners like me.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 11:38   #309
BHPian

Quote:

R = Red = Reported

Wow, this is amazing and kudos to you!
LastActionHero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 12:42   #310
BHPian

Quote:

R = Red = Reported
What a remarkable effort. Can someone simply forward this chart to the Spanish expert please?

Mine came back from service but I didnt get a chance to sit with the RM to understand what all was done/changed.

Will update against each of those 20plus points as soon as I do.
JeepSomeday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 12:55   #311
BHPian

Great effort SDP. I'm sure that your sweat will help many a customer save his/her sweat! Kudos and well done!!

Going by your statistics, it would seem that about 80% of the owners have had more than 5 issues and over 50% have had more than 10. Even the resolved issue rate is not that heart warming. This is not good going for the XUV and M&M needs to work hard to solving the issues pronto!

Last edited by neel385 : 9th May 2012 at 13:00.
neel385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 13:22   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks SDP,

Your efforts deserve a very special mention, and very neatly sums up the problems that the XUV community on TBHP is facing. It is really a concern that if almost all the owners are facing quite a few issues (many still pending resolution) within the first 3-6 months, what would be the case with the others who have bought the XUV? Maybe as Auto enthusiasts we are more discerning and demanding, but shouldn't everyone who puts down 12 Lacs get a fault free vehicle which does what is promised, and reliably?
I just hope that the niggles don't increase over time as the cars till now have probably gone through just 10% of their service life.

For users still waiting for the XUV, it might make sense to wait another 6-9 months, by which time the problems should get sorted out and a more reliable product would be delivered, and hopefully ex-stock.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 14:41   #313
BHPian

Great going SDP.

At first glance itself the sheet has more red than green.. OMG..

Some one need to share this with the Mahindras so called top management to make them realise how XUV is faring on the common roads with common drivers... Winning a rally or a race alone is not enough to prove how good a product is considering those vehicles would be modified for rally requirements....

Fundag
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 15:57   #314
BHPian

Great work there SDP . Really appreciate the initiative taken and finishing it.

As far as updates go on my W6. The door lock on the rear left passenger side has jammed. It just does not open even after continuous tries for the past week. Really embarrassing in front of the family members. Previously too I had this issue and they had greased it in the 1st service and it went off. Now its the time for 2nd service next week and the problem is back. Crazy.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 16:23   #315
BHPian

Quote:

R = Red = Reported

Please click on the image to open the high resolution version.

Thanks to VaibhavDalal for starting on this summarization initiative.

PS: Posts till 304 are covered. Planning to update it once a month and repost.
This is good work. Thanks for the effort.
You can send the design flaws and product feedback to Mahindra customer care as a feedback.
Here's how:

Quote:
I am facing a product expectation gap and want this to be reported to your R&D, how should I ensure this happens?
We will be glad to know your feedback regarding any of our products. You can address the communication to: the Brand Manager - (XUV500) and mail it to customercare@mahindra.com or fax it to 022 28468523 .
I've done that, but not sure how effective it will prove to be.
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed