Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2015, 19:10   #3121
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

I have one day-1 issue in my 2 year old xuv so wanted to check if it is the case with all.

whenever I rotate steering on neutral and standing position, it makes some grrr sound/vibration. I think it is there when car is moving on gears but b/c of other vibrations/noise it is felt more on neutral/standing.

I checked with another xuv also and found the same. reported the same to SA and as per him it is in all xuvs.

This is something I have found only in xuv out of all other cars that I have driven in past.
Old 18th February 2015, 20:40   #3122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I have one day-1 issue in my 2 year old xuv so wanted to check if it is the case with all.

whenever I rotate steering on neutral and standing position, it makes some grrr sound/vibration. I think it is there when car is moving on gears but b/c of other vibrations/noise it is felt more on neutral/standing.

I checked with another xuv also and found the same. reported the same to SA and as per him it is in all xuvs.

This is something I have found only in xuv out of all other cars that I have driven in past.
Yes. This is observed in all XUVs, and i have checked this in a few new XUVs when i went for a test drive. The vibration is due to the power steering.
username is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 21:40   #3123
ISO
BANNED

Re: Brakes Stopped Working !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
I took my XUV W6 delivery around a week back. Today morning in slow moving traffic, I found the brakes were not working. There were no warning lights glowing.

I stopped the car using hand brakes and then slowly took it to a near by ground. Checked multiple times and brakes were not working.

I then switched off the engine for 5 mins and then restarted the car. The brakes worked fine and everything seemed normal. I tested the brakes 15-20 times in the ground before continuing to office.

Sireesh service personnel is coming to check the issue. Anyone else has faced similar problem?

Regards,
Rajat
this is critical failure. Imagine what will happen on highway in emergency situation?

Are breaks controlled by ECU?
Old 19th February 2015, 11:10   #3124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Did you try cleaning it with some acidic solution e.g. white vinegar? But I am not sure if it is safe to try on windshield but it works fine on general glass e.g. aquarium.
M&M has called me in for a test drive in the night on real traffic to understand the issue. I have it at 7 today. Will suggest this but I am not sure though.
Old 19th February 2015, 22:34   #3125
BHPian

This does technically does not classify as a niggle but got my windshield replaced for a crack that happened due to a stone hit in the parking area. Had to pay only 2K from my pocket due to insurance.
But due to this they also fixed a squeaking noise that used to happen between the dashboard and windscreen. So all good. Sireesh Auto at Marthahalli did this and did a good job at this.

But recently have noticed a squeaking noise when I apply brakes. Going on a long trip this weekend, so shall get it checked once I am back. Anyways have to take the vehicle to the ASS for a service action for which I got an SMS.

Last edited by carChef : 19th February 2015 at 22:35. Reason: corrected spelling
Old 20th February 2015, 22:54   #3126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carChef View Post
This does technically does not classify as a niggle but got my windshield replaced for a crack that happened due to a stone hit in the parking area. Had to pay only 2K from my pocket due to insurance.
But due to this they also fixed a squeaking noise that used to happen between the dashboard and windscreen. So all good. Sireesh Auto at Marthahalli did this and did a good job at this.
Didn't the guys at Sireesh charge anything for the rain sensor and light sensor fitted on the windshield? Even I have a cracked windshield and I'm getting a Rs 4000/- quote over and above the Rs 2000/- charged for processing the case.
Old 22nd February 2015, 08:27   #3127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
Didn't the guys at Sireesh charge anything for the rain sensor and light sensor fitted on the windshield? Even I have a cracked windshield and I'm getting a Rs 4000/- quote over and above the Rs 2000/- charged for processing the case.
Even my XUV W8 was hit by a stone and a crack appeared on the left side of windshield. I got the windshield replaced under warranty here in Pathankot. I was charged Rs 2000/- as per the policy norms. The total cost is approx 21k. But no one asked about that additional 4k. I suggest you check before paying that additional 4k.
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 08:39   #3128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Even my XUV W8 was hit by a stone and a crack appeared on the left side of windshield. I got the windshield replaced under warranty here in Pathankot. I was charged Rs 2000/- as per the policy norms. The total cost is approx 21k. But no one asked about that additional 4k. I suggest you check before paying that additional 4k.
To the best of my knowledge, no car manufacturer provides 'warranty' for windshields. I would like to know how M&M replaced your windshield (which cracked not due to a manufacturing defect but due to an impact) under warranty.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 08:43   #3129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
To the best of my knowledge, no car manufacturer provides 'warranty' for windshields. I would like to know how M&M replaced your windshield (which cracked not due to a manufacturing defect but due to an impact) under warranty.
You are right the windshield was not replaced by M&M under its vehicle warranty policy. It was replaced under the vehicle insurance policy. The terms and conditions of the policy will definitely dictate how much one would need to pay.
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 13:33   #3130
BHPian

But I guess the XUV windshield is more prone to cracking and being damaged by a stone hit vis-a-vis other cars. I and my in laws both have 4 cars each in our respective families, and the 2 XUVs are the only cars which have/had a cracked windshield!
abhinavinc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 14:32   #3131

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Yes. This is observed in all XUVs, and i have checked this in a few new XUVs when i went for a test drive. The vibration is due to the power steering.
This noise is from the power steering. I experienced the same in my old Santro but much subdued as compared to Xuv.
Old 22nd February 2015, 14:56   #3132
BHPian

Quote:
But I guess the XUV windshield is more prone to cracking...

Had parked my XUV in my covered parking slot on a Saturday afternoon. Was shocked to see the windshield cracked when I took out the car Monday morning! The windshield was absolutely fine when I had parked it - there is no sign of any impact as well. The car will complete 2 years in May this year!

Spoke with Anant cars in Bangalore about coverage under warranty , they said they would need to inspect the car. Will be taking it shortly. Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1424596800.849229.jpg
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 23:21   #3133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Had parked my XUV in my covered parking slot on a Saturday afternoon. Was shocked to see the windshield cracked when I took out the car Monday morning! The windshield was absolutely fine when I had parked it - there is no sign of any impact as well. The car will complete 2 years in May this year!

Spoke with Anant cars in Bangalore about coverage under warranty , they said they would need to inspect the car. Will be taking it shortly. Attachment 1342360
I have heard from a cousin of mine who works in Mahindra service, that there were some XUVs for whom the glass cracked without a reason. You should probably check with the ASS as if there's no impact, then it has got to do with the windscreen quality.
Old 22nd February 2015, 23:25   #3134
BHPian

Quote:
Nopes. They did not charge anything for the rain sensor or the light sensor. They didn't even mention anything on that. Mine was replaced under the insurance and I had full bumper to bumper coverage. They did say that had I bought another insurance I would have to pay 2K more. Guess that varies with the coverage that insurance gives.
carChef is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 12:42   #3135
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I thought the entire windshield set came at 6.5k excluding labor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
@Debuda : As you mentioned, I am not sure of the warranty under the case of a crack but, the windshields are covered under the warranty. On my case they are trying to evaluate whether mine is worth a warranty cover as its a one off case.

Quote:
Nopes. They did not charge anything for the rain sensor or the light sensor. They didn't even mention anything on that. Mine was replaced under the insurance and I had full bumper to bumper coverage. They did say that had I bought another insurance I would have to pay 2K more. Guess that varies with the coverage that insurance gives.
@CarChef ; Does that mean that they used your old sensors. I thought the whole windshield and the wiring came as a single pack.

And on my case :

I had mailed it to M&M and they are looking at this issue of hard water marks, what I learn from the Works Manager is that M&M might take 3M's advice on the same.
If that doesn't work out they might get this sorted under warranty.

And on the replacing windshield, I was informed that the Windshield set comes with the sensors and associated wiring, so the whole thing might get replaced. In that case, I am not sure of insurance cover, but they might get this under warranty.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed