Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2015, 03:17   #3106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Called up India Garage, Chennai for my 20,000 km service and they refused to pick my car stating pick-up applies only if the residence is less than 10 kms from the service centres !!

This is my third service and they had picked up last 2 times.

This is effective 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Mumbai NBS had refused to pick up the car for a while now citing a discontinuance of the service. It chargeable now
I've had no such issues with Sahyadri Motors, Pune. Although I prefer to drive there myself, i've been offered pick up & drop services every time.
I don't know if it's at the discretion of the dealer, but it shouldn't be. Particularly because Mahindra have committed to it as part of their Purple Club membership benefits ( http://www.mahindrapurpleclub.com/exp-serv-exp.aspx)
So if a dealer isn't offering the facility or even worse, is charging for it, I think you should write to Mahindra and bring it to their notice.
kaiserketkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 06:34   #3107
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhangad View Post
Also can you let me know which is the best workshop in Bangalore for these kind of issues? Sireesh auto doesn't look like the place where they will listen to / address peculiar issues like these (they mainly seem to be a good auto bodyshop)
Hi! I am experiencing problem no 2 and 4 out of these.
Have tried getting them rectified at Swami Automobiles chandigarh but to no good. The window noise they tried to remove by oiling the assembly which didnt solve my problem. Similarly for the seat belt issue they recommended placing the seat belt in a fixed position Really inconvenient for me as i insist all passengers in car to wear the seat belts!
The only dolution i have for these is loud music on the ICE
Please do let me know if you find the solution!
Old 17th February 2015, 07:04   #3108
BHPian

Quote:
Never thought I'd end up writing on this thread before I even write my ownership review [j/k]. I've been driving my XUV 500 W8 since 4.5 months. Took a lot of courage buying the XUV after reading each and every page of this thread since the last 2 years. Till now it was a smooth ride with zero electronics issues or "niggles" and I was silently happy inside that I did not have to even open this thread once after my purchase. Yes the occasional "infotainment hang up" did happen, the AC/rearAC buttons did play their tricks one or two times, the tire pressure monitor did give couple of false alarms, maybe I'm the only one with this - but it keeps saying "FR Tyre swapped" every time I start the car.. but thats all ok and ignorable! I'm afraid my cheetah's virginity is lost now and the rattles, noises, screeching sounds and thuds have started creeping in.

I've been holding myself from going and complaining to A.S.S yet so as to wait for a handful of complaints and get them rectified together in a batch. Bad call. Gave a smaller list of problems during the first free service to Sireesh Auto, however due to unavoidable circumstances had to take back the car in a hurry before getting them rectified (long story short, the service happened along with an accidental repair of a door, which took 2 weeks to repair and I had to go off on a trip on the republic day weekend just after that).

Anyway, here's the list of issues creeping me out right now:

* From around 3000 kms: Front breaks screeching noise - even on mild breaking at slow speed there is a screeching noise coming from front break. Break pads need to be replaced? But i've heard for some people this problem never goes away :| ?

* From day one: Front window rattle - when front windows are lowered half-way and car is in motion, there is rattle noise from the windows (tak-tak). No problem in rear windows. This is so annoying that one can either keep the windows fully rolled up or fully down, otherwise you keep hearing the irritating tak-tak sounds from the windows! Some readjustment/refitment needed?

* From day one: all windows make noise when power window is used to close/open the windows (perhaps some power window oiling/greasing needed?)

* From the moment the car was driven out of the stock yard (sireesh auto hosur road): rear right rattle due to seat belt - there is a tak-tak noise/rattle from right rear side because of the seat belt hitting the plastic panel whenever car goes over a bad road !! can't imagine any other solution than changing the seat belt or its alignment?

* Recent gift: the clutch pedal makes an annoying scratchy noise on pressing/depressing it (as if some spring/bearing got rusted). This noise started with a silent "krrr" and has grown to become a "grr" now in 2-3 weeks.

One major issue creeping in very recently:

Since the last 1 month, I've seen very gradual degradation of the front suspension. The same mini-breakers inside the appartment complex on which the car used to glide over with a relatively milder gud-gud like sound at 25-30 kmph, now makes a loud thud sound with the entire front vibrating in shock as if it went over a big hard rock. The car clocks 6901 kms as of today and today's suspension response over those same breakers shocked me. I've tried decreasing the air pressure don't think it has anything do with that. What could be wrong? Shockers gone so soon? Something smaller like bushes? Also, how can this happen to a brand new car, used on not so bad outer ring road to whitefield (bangalore) route daily only after 7000 kms?

Also can you let me know which is the best workshop in Bangalore for these kind of issues? Sireesh auto doesn't look like the place where they will listen to / address peculiar issues like these (they mainly seem to be a good auto bodyshop)

I think all the problems you had listed are minor ones, and can easily be fixed if the service folks are given a push. I would suggest you write to M&M with all the problems and the inability of the service Center to fix them. M&M will pull these guys up and they will come calling you to fix the issues.

I had a strange issue on Day 1 and I had reached out to the VP of customer care. I got a response within 1 hour and the service personnel had called me up and offered a full recheck of the vehicle. Since then, all minor issues get addressed by the chief service engineer himself. I am based out of TN, hence couldn't suggest the service Center I visit.
username is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 09:26   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
* From around 3000 kms: Front breaks screeching noise - even on mild breaking at slow speed there is a screeching noise coming from front break. Break pads need to be replaced? But i've heard for some people this problem never goes away :| ?
* From day one: Front window rattle - when front windows are lowered half-way and car is in motion, there is rattle noise from the windows (tak-tak). No problem in rear windows. This is so annoying that one can either keep the windows fully rolled up or fully down, otherwise you keep hearing the irritating tak-tak sounds from the windows! Some readjustment/refitment needed?
* From day one: all windows make noise when power window is used to close/open the windows (perhaps some power window oiling/greasing needed?)
* From the moment the car was driven out of the stock yard (sireesh auto hosur road): rear right rattle due to seat belt - there is a tak-tak noise/rattle from right rear side because of the seat belt hitting the plastic panel whenever car goes over a bad road !! can't imagine any other solution than changing the seat belt or its alignment?
* Recent gift: the clutch pedal makes an annoying scratchy noise on pressing/depressing it (as if some spring/bearing got rusted). This noise started with a silent "krrr" and has grown to become a "grr" now in 2-3 weeks.

Since the last 1 month, I've seen very gradual degradation of the front suspension. The same mini-breakers inside the appartment complex on which the car used to glide over with a relatively milder gud-gud like sound at 25-30 kmph, now makes a loud thud sound with the entire front vibrating in shock as if it went over a big hard rock. The car clocks 6901 kms as of today and today's suspension response over those same breakers shocked me. I've tried decreasing the air pressure don't think it has anything do with that. What could be wrong? Shockers gone so soon? Something smaller like bushes? Also, how can this happen to a brand new car, used on not so bad outer ring road to whitefield (bangalore) route daily only after 7000 kms?

Hi singhangad
Please can you share which Sireesh auto you give your car for service? I have very good experience with their ASS at:
Sireesh Auto Pvt ltd
#21/2, Singasandra post.
Basavapura village.
Hosur Road
Bangalore-560100.

Do PM me if you need the contact of the manager.
Old 17th February 2015, 12:06   #3110
BHPian

Quote:

Since the last 1 month, I've seen very gradual degradation of the front suspension. The same mini-breakers inside the appartment complex on which the car used to glide over with a relatively milder gud-gud like sound at 25-30 kmph, now makes a loud thud sound with the entire front vibrating in shock as if it went over a big hard rock. The car clocks 6901 kms as of today and today's suspension response over those same breakers shocked me. I've tried decreasing the air pressure don't think it has anything do with that. What could be wrong? Shockers gone so soon? Something smaller like bushes?
I bought my car ( SUV) on 1st Oct and with also similar mileage (6.5K +) as yours as of now.
Agree with you on most of the points.
1. The brakes make noise & the same could not be rectified by Sireesh Auto Marathalli During the 1st Service.Need to visit again .
2. Not facing the window rattling . But the noise during rolling down the front right window was sorted during the 1st service .
3. For the seat belt rattle for the middle row seat, I have tucked them in to the clip provided (In the plastic Area) & they don't rattle now . for the last row I have wrapped them with plastic.
4. I also felt that the shocks became hard after 4.5k KM.
Old 17th February 2015, 21:48   #3111
BHPian

Mods : Posted the same in XUV5OO Review thread also.

Note : All owners of W8 & W8AWD manufactured on or before July 2014, there is a software update for Side Airbags. It is a recall, Software Update only, no parts changed.

Link : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/46277322.cms

Last edited by Vasuki : 17th February 2015 at 21:51.
Vasuki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 22:05   #3112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Mods : Posted the same in XUV5OO Review thread also.

Note : All owners of W8 & W8AWD manufactured on or before July 2014, there is a software update for Side Airbags. It is a recall, Software Update only, no parts changed.

Link : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/46277322.cms
Thanks for the update. I see the alert in My Alerts at withyouhamesha.com. But it does not specify the details of the service action.

And so far no info updated on Mahindra Service Action website.

Last edited by falconion : 17th February 2015 at 22:09.
falconion is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 11:44   #3113
Senior - BHPian

Even i got an SMS just now telling me about field service even though mine is W6 so it must be something more than side airbags.
Old 18th February 2015, 12:39   #3114
BHPian

Just a quick query, have you guys been getting XUV branded goodies from Mahindra. I have friend of mine who bought a W8 exactly a month before i got mine and he keeps telling me about goodies like wall clocks, handbags, etc from mahindra which he has been receiving regularly. Like once in 3 months sort of (may not be that regular though).

Is everyone getting the same. Is this from Mahindra is this from the dealer. I think he bought his w8 from ITL calicut. Ive bought mine from TVS Kochi.

Till date I have not received anything from Purple Club, except for the regular emailers with JP Miles, and Golf Club invites. I have even mailed Mahindra on the same. I got a call but no response as yet.
Old 18th February 2015, 14:31   #3115
BHPian

My car is at the service centre currently for 20,000 kms service schedule.
Called my RM and enquired about this. He said all cars which are visiting the Service centre are software updated.
Old 18th February 2015, 14:34   #3116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Just a quick query, have you guys been getting XUV branded goodies from Mahindra. I have friend of mine who bought a W8 exactly a month before i got mine and he keeps telling me about goodies like wall clocks, handbags, etc from mahindra which he has been receiving regularly. Like once in 3 months sort of (may not be that regular though).

Is everyone getting the same. Is this from Mahindra is this from the dealer. I think he bought his w8 from ITL calicut. Ive bought mine from TVS Kochi.

Till date I have not received anything from Purple Club, except for the regular emailers with JP Miles, and Golf Club invites. I have even mailed Mahindra on the same. I got a call but no response as yet.
I had received the initial goodies (Club mahindra stay, 20 percent at Dominos, O2 Spa Voucher, Raymonds discount voucher) and then subsequently invite for Golf clubs and free Car Spa.

Nothing else apart from these.
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 14:38   #3117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
I had received the initial goodies (Club mahindra stay, 20 percent at Dominos, O2 Spa Voucher, Raymonds discount voucher) and then subsequently invite for Golf clubs and free Car Spa.

Nothing else apart from these.
Wow, I am afraid I have not received any on the list. Of course I get emails on events and stuff. Is this selected randomly. I better check with the customer care and service center.

Thanks so much bnzjon
Old 18th February 2015, 18:51   #3118
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, I am afraid I have not received any on the list. Of course I get emails on events and stuff. Is this selected randomly. I better check with the customer care and service center.

Thanks so much bnzjon
Likewise. I don't even have a relationship manager after mine quit. Now I have to deal with the regular customer service folks who were clearly poached from a PSU and don't really know what customer service means.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 18:59   #3119
BHPian

One more thing that I would need from my fellow XUV5OO owners, BHPians.

I have been struggling with the "Hard Water Marks" on my windshield.

Driving in the night is a challenge with hard water marks on the wind shield.

ITL - Calicut, TVS - Cochin had no clue on this. 3M guys said they will not touch if it is a hardwater mark on the wind shield. I had mailed customer support a few years back and now have looped in the M&M service head in cochin.
They are inspecting the same here at KTC today.

Do we have a solution for this. Trust I have seen this in many old cars with hard water marks. (Now I make it a habit to look at parked cars with the same issue)

I am planning to replace if the warranty covers the same. And if not, may have to pay 6.5k for this.
Old 18th February 2015, 19:06   #3120
BHPian

Quote:
One more thing that I would need from my fellow XUV5OO owners, BHPians.

I have been struggling with the "Hard Water Marks" on my windshield.

Driving in the night is a challenge with hard water marks on the wind shield.

ITL - Calicut, TVS - Cochin had no clue on this. 3M guys said they will not touch if it is a hardwater mark on the wind shield. I had mailed customer support a few years back and now have looped in the M&M service head in cochin.
They are inspecting the same here at KTC today.

Do we have a solution for this. Trust I have seen this in many old cars with hard water marks. (Now I make it a habit to look at parked cars with the same issue)

I am planning to replace if the warranty covers the same. And if not, may have to pay 6.5k for this.
Did you try cleaning it with some acidic solution e.g. white vinegar? But I am not sure if it is safe to try on windshield but it works fine on general glass e.g. aquarium.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks