Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2015, 11:58   #3091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The rubber piece, I believe, just covers/protects the exposed top-end of the strut.
Exactly. I have attached the pic from my xuv.
The new model covers the entire gap. ( i dont have the pic )
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-1422858460460.jpg  

undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 14:19   #3092
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I saw that part in the service centre. Forgot to take the picture. Its the rubber cover on the strut mount which you can see if you open the bonnet. They just made a slightly bigger cover for it. The SM told me that there is no specific service action for that. The old bushes wear out faster , they replace it with a new model when required. The SM showed me both the new and the old bushes.
Are bushes covered under warranty? Recently i am facing very hard suspension while driving on broken roads, could be due to old JK tyres (running since 53K kms till date).
Old 2nd February 2015, 14:40   #3093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I saw that part in the service centre. Forgot to take the picture. Its the rubber cover on the strut mount which you can see if you open the bonnet. They just made a slightly bigger cover for it. The SM told me that there is no specific service action for that. The old bushes wear out faster , they replace it with a new model when required. The SM showed me both the new and the old bushes.
I am actually experiencing this sound in my car and its already been to the service center twice (last being almost a month back now). Sound still persists and this piece of information has come at the right time. I hope this is the issue and it would get corrected this time. Really tired putting up with this sound for almost 2 months now and everytime the car has been to service center, they work on it for the entire day and it comes back without the issue being addressed. Will keep you guys posted on this.
Old 6th February 2015, 12:57   #3094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeneeraj View Post
Need help with replacing ORVM cover on Xuv W8 white. The mirror works fine but cover got knocked off during a long drive from Lucknow to Siliguri on a foggy night. Is there no way to get the cover except from an accident car/ get the entire unit replaced for Rs 8000/- approx. Are there no crash part dealers? Even Mahindra gives this part unpainted, as a black plastic cover.
If you couldn't get the ORVM covers yet, one way out is to get ORVM Chrome cover accessories and use it. You won't need to change entire assembly.
TheIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 15:57   #3095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Wrong info bro. Your warranty will not go void if you put HID.Lot of us have installed it and have been using it for more than a year now and still have warranty intact. Go ahead and change it to HID with no worries.

FundaG
can you or some refer any dealer in bangalore for installing HIDs? I am placed near Marathahalli.
Old 6th February 2015, 20:18   #3096
BHPian

I found a dealer finally who is ready to install P8 35w 4300K in low beam for Rs 9000.

he was not sure if some canbus is required b/c cars with ECM require canbus.
as per him it will require H7 bulb for xuv.

Can someone confirm if canbus is required for xuv? I have no idea on ECM or canbus.
Old 7th February 2015, 05:13   #3097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I found a dealer finally who is ready to install P8 35w 4300K in low beam for Rs 9000.

he was not sure if some canbus is required b/c cars with ECM require canbus.
as per him it will require H7 bulb for xuv.

Can someone confirm if canbus is required for xuv? I have no idea on ECM or canbus.
Xuv has canbus system,but the light bulb warnings are not programmed. Many owners including myself have installed non-canbus HID kit and we haven't faced any error or warning in the ECU. P8 HID kit will do fine.
I have 35w 4300k HID. Go for it. Its worth it.
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 09:13   #3098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
Hi XUV owners..... 1)Would it be wise for me to go for XUV considering it to be the first car that i would own? 2)Does pulling to the left niggle not have a well defined solution?.... 3)Any other issue that doesn't have a solution per se but is likely to develop subsequently in my new car? ... .Would appreciate any help Thanks, TrailBlazer007
Trail- this is what I think;
1. Xuv is a big car, but at the same time gives extremely good all around visibility. You will need to develop a way to manage the size of the vehicle. My first car was a Santro and I had numerous scratches from ill gauged turning maneuvers because I didn't know driving well enough (not that I am an expert now )
2. Mine does not pull. That issue may have been sorted out by Mahindra.
3. Mechanically I think vehicle is sound, I am counting on not running into too many issues. On the electronics side issues may come up. I have had the infotainment silver box replaced once. But Mahindra makes it very pleasant experience, they replaced even without asking me. Another issue I think could come up is random parts rattling. They are very difficult to isolate and fix.

Mine is a May 2014 model with 16k kms. So far happy!

Congrats on your upcoming purchase, I think it won't disappoint.
Old 8th February 2015, 04:29   #3099
NAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbv View Post
Hi All,

My XUV 500 W8 is about 2 months, 3400 KM old. Been a pleasure so far. I live in Chennai - use the car primarily for city commute - about 20 KM each day.
About 4 days ago, while returning from office, received an alert in the dash, and it said Low Pressure in Rear Left tire.
Went to the nearest petrol bunk, and it was indeed around 18, while other 3 were at 32. Got the RL upped to 32
Next morning, as soon as I left home, the alert came again.
Drove to India Garage service center and they said they would look at it.
Received a call later in the day that it needed a censor correction, and they fixed it. Free!

Picked up the car in the evening, and just as I left their compound, the alert came back again. Returned to the center and showed them. They were certain it is not a puncture. Since I was in a hurry, they pumped air into that tire to bring it back to 32 and asked me to check overnight. (Pressure was 23)

Next morning, when I left home, the alert is back again. (29th Jan). Went back to India Garage again. End of day, they said it was a small leak in the beading between the rim and the tire and that they fixed it. It was a smooth ride back home.

24 hours later, last evening, on my way back home, the alert came back again (as soon as I pulled out from parking lot). Same tire, same alert.

Will be visiting the service center again in the next couple of hours.

Any clues on why this is happening? I see some old posts from 2012 that referred to niggles with tyretronics. Nothing recent.

Regards,
kk
I had almost the exact same experience till about a month back. There are really two scenarios why this must be happening :

- Puncture: If there is a nail in the tyre, the air loss is slow but constant. This needs to be checked and fixed either by the service centre guys or by any roadside puncture repair person
- Air nozzle: This is another issue (which specifically I faced about a month back) where air keeps coming out from the sides of the air nozzle if it's defective. A local puncher repair guy checked my tyre thoroughly for any nails and when nothing was found, he put small quantity of water near the nozzle. Suddenly we could notice small air bubbles popping out near the air nozzle. He replaced it for some 20 rs and the tyre pressure is back to normal now.

Try and let me know if it has worked for you. All the best! :-)
Old 15th February 2015, 06:04   #3100

I had the same problem on my XUV W8, 2 days after delivery. It took 3 visits to the service centre and 2 to the tire repair facility to identify the problem as a very slow air leak from the tire. Ever since the tire was fixed, the problem has not come up again, and it is 3 years since I got the car.

I feel that diagnosis of the problem requires patience, particularly during the tire check as the leak may be as slow as one bubble in 4 - 5 seconds. The speed and "efficiency" in doing the checks is what results in repeated problems.

Good luck with your XUV. For me it has turned out to be the most reliable and fun vehicle I have owned in the last 45 years !
Old 15th February 2015, 11:24   #3101

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAK View Post
I had almost the exact same experience till about a month back. There are really two scenarios why this must be happening :

- Puncture: If there is a nail in the tyre, the air loss is slow but constant. This needs to be checked and fixed either by the service centre guys or by any roadside puncture repair person
- Air nozzle: This is another issue (which specifically I faced about a month back) where air keeps coming out from the sides of the air nozzle if it's defective. A local puncher repair guy checked my tyre thoroughly for any nails and when nothing was found, he put small quantity of water near the nozzle. Suddenly we could notice small air bubbles popping out near the air nozzle. He replaced it for some 20 rs and the tyre pressure is back to normal now.

Try and let me know if it has worked for you. All the best! :-)
They said It was indeed a small puncture - after the last visit, there have been no complaints!

I'm still confused on tyre pressure (didnt search through previous posts). I try to stick to manufacturer recommendation, but service center definitely pumped in higher.
Old 16th February 2015, 00:18   #3102
Senior - BHPian

XUV had issues with alignment from day one. It tends to steer towards left from day one so this you can sort by alignment.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 18:27   #3103
BHPian

Called up India Garage, Chennai for my 20,000 km service and they refused to pick my car stating pick-up applies only if the residence is less than 10 kms from the service centres !!

This is my third service and they had picked up last 2 times.

This is effective 2015.
Old 16th February 2015, 19:40   #3104
BHPian

Mumbai NBS had refused to pick up the car for a while now citing a discontinuance of the service. It chargeable now
Old 16th February 2015, 23:56   #3105

Never thought I'd end up writing on this thread before I even write my ownership review [j/k]. I've been driving my XUV 500 W8 since 4.5 months. Took a lot of courage buying the XUV after reading each and every page of this thread since the last 2 years. Till now it was a smooth ride with zero electronics issues or "niggles" and I was silently happy inside that I did not have to even open this thread once after my purchase. Yes the occasional "infotainment hang up" did happen, the AC/rearAC buttons did play their tricks one or two times, the tire pressure monitor did give couple of false alarms, maybe I'm the only one with this - but it keeps saying "FR Tyre swapped" every time I start the car.. but thats all ok and ignorable! I'm afraid my cheetah's virginity is lost now and the rattles, noises, screeching sounds and thuds have started creeping in.

I've been holding myself from going and complaining to A.S.S yet so as to wait for a handful of complaints and get them rectified together in a batch. Bad call. Gave a smaller list of problems during the first free service to Sireesh Auto, however due to unavoidable circumstances had to take back the car in a hurry before getting them rectified (long story short, the service happened along with an accidental repair of a door, which took 2 weeks to repair and I had to go off on a trip on the republic day weekend just after that).

Anyway, here's the list of issues creeping me out right now:

* From around 3000 kms: Front breaks screeching noise - even on mild breaking at slow speed there is a screeching noise coming from front break. Break pads need to be replaced? But i've heard for some people this problem never goes away :| ?
* From day one: Front window rattle - when front windows are lowered half-way and car is in motion, there is rattle noise from the windows (tak-tak). No problem in rear windows. This is so annoying that one can either keep the windows fully rolled up or fully down, otherwise you keep hearing the irritating tak-tak sounds from the windows! Some readjustment/refitment needed?
* From day one: all windows make noise when power window is used to close/open the windows (perhaps some power window oiling/greasing needed?)
* From the moment the car was driven out of the stock yard (sireesh auto hosur road): rear right rattle due to seat belt - there is a tak-tak noise/rattle from right rear side because of the seat belt hitting the plastic panel whenever car goes over a bad road !! can't imagine any other solution than changing the seat belt or its alignment?
* Recent gift: the clutch pedal makes an annoying scratchy noise on pressing/depressing it (as if some spring/bearing got rusted). This noise started with a silent "krrr" and has grown to become a "grr" now in 2-3 weeks.

One major issue creeping in very recently:
Since the last 1 month, I've seen very gradual degradation of the front suspension. The same mini-breakers inside the appartment complex on which the car used to glide over with a relatively milder gud-gud like sound at 25-30 kmph, now makes a loud thud sound with the entire front vibrating in shock as if it went over a big hard rock. The car clocks 6901 kms as of today and today's suspension response over those same breakers shocked me. I've tried decreasing the air pressure don't think it has anything do with that. What could be wrong? Shockers gone so soon? Something smaller like bushes? Also, how can this happen to a brand new car, used on not so bad outer ring road to whitefield (bangalore) route daily only after 7000 kms?

Also can you let me know which is the best workshop in Bangalore for these kind of issues? Sireesh auto doesn't look like the place where they will listen to / address peculiar issues like these (they mainly seem to be a good auto bodyshop)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks