Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2015, 12:11   #3031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post

Yep - was wondering if it (outside temp) can be displayed at all times. Thanks for the clarification.
So it seems that w8 system does not show outside temp without AC but w6 does show all the time. Heres a pic.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150107_121100.png
Views: 2593
Size:  381.0 KB
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 12:31   #3032
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Heres a pic.
Was not knowing this. In W8 only the HVAC set temperature is displayed always. This is displayed by blue digits on bottom bar of the display. PIC

Outside temperature is displayed only when you turn the AC temperature control knob
Old 7th January 2015, 16:38   #3033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraxx View Post
I've noticed two issues with my new XUV that has clocked in around 4500 kms.

2. It's been 2 months since I got my XUV and not even once has the TPMS raised an alert for low tire pressure. Could someone confirm if I should be checking air pressure only after I see an alert ?
I use the Mahindra blue sense App for XUV to check the tyre pressure. It shows the pressure & temp for individual tyre. It's a handy app & of course can be used to show off to friends .

Quote:
Thanks Nitin!
1. This four beep thingy started yesterday only. I think its the electronics. For example, yesterday, the audio system switched off and on by itself while I was driving to work!
Thanks again. Much appreciated
I have also experienced the abnormal shutdown/restart of the infotainment system thrice in 4 months of ownership. Navigation was not on that time. It gave a scary boom sound & restarted.
ansumaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 16:49   #3034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post

I have also experienced the abnormal shutdown/restart of the infotainment system thrice in 4 months of ownership. Navigation was not on that time. It gave a scary boom sound & restarted.
Well, guess i am not the only one to experience that. I too experienced the same(thrice so far) while driving. Its like the song just got hanged and the system had to reboot (with a loud eletric sound )to solve the problem.
Old 7th January 2015, 20:02   #3035
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know the 3rd year comes free. Will look at the extending the warranty next year then.
Mine is a June 2013 W8 AWD - picked it up last week via a bargain deal. The previous owner was a corporate company. Well kept, with 25098 on the clock
Better yet you can check the warranty period on the "with you hamesha" website or android app.

25k 2013 AWD??
Can you please share more details as to how it is fairing with this many kms on it. I have an AWD and its only at 7k at the moment. Would be good to know how its shaping up.
Old 7th January 2015, 22:30   #3036
BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean a sound similar to an CD drive trying to read a CD - that kinda low hiss? I get it all the time in my car and seems to come from behind the air-con controls area. I was told by someone (dont recall now) that its due to a small fan that operates to keep the infotainment system cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yes, there is a fan behind infotainment system. The sound of the same can be heard always.
However the sound I mentioned is different, it was like air escaping from tube and came only two times. I felt it came somewhere from right side dash area.
The sound I mentioned is not the infotainment fan noise, the fan can be stopped by switching off the Infotainment system and wait for a couple of mins. Even after the Infotainment system cooling fan turned off, while AC running there is a hissing sound, as Suhas mentioned something like gas escaping a lean tube. Even after the car turned off the sound continuous to a couple of seconds more.

-HCP
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 12:09   #3037
BHPian

Got the XUV checked at Koncept (Mathura Rd) - they said all is well and no need to worry about any issue. I had clearly given them a note of two issues
1. Suspension noise from front left suspension
2. Thuds from the rear wheels in slow moving traffic as if power is going to the rear wheels.

Unfortunately both these issues werent addressed. Came back from a 950km trip to Narkanda and beyond and clearly, there were noise from the front left suspension. Worse part is that the issue of power going suddenly to rear wheels and those loud thuds became more apparent. Had a tough time specially on uphill sections (dry tarmac). Switching on the AWD lock did reduce the issue drastically but driving in normal (auto) mode always sent the power abruptly to the rear wheels accompanied by both a vocal and physical judder /thud. This was now happening in the top 3 gears (more apparent in 1st)

Anyways, had a good trip. She did 945 in one tank - filled up today and she took in 71.5 litres and returned 13.3 kmpl (300 odd were hills). Attaching a picture for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-xuv.jpg  

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 13th January 2015 at 12:10.
BunnyPunia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 00:50   #3038
BHPian

Today I completed a trip from Ludhiana to New Delhi, total distance being 375 kms. At the fag end of the trip i.e. last 70-80 kms there was a loud grinding sound every time the brake was pressed and the resulting bite of the brake was noticeably lesser to a good extent. It seemed like the front brakes were overheated but I've travelled in other cars too but have not experienced any other car showing degradation of braking efficiency over such a short trip (6 hours total with a five minute stop in between). I stopped the car 15 kms after experiencing continuous dangerous-sounding thud thud sounds every time I pressed the brake pedal. My dad suggested to cool down the brakes by pouring water on the front wheels which we did and voila there was huge smoke emancipating from both wheel wells! I don't know if the above procedure is recommended or not but after continuing on the journey taking a 5 minute break there was a slight improvement . We nonetheless trudged along carefully with maximum engine braking used as the brakes were giving zero confidence and reached safely.
Mine is a 2012 July XUV W8 with odo reading of 41k kms and I had gotten my brake pad changed to the latest make at 24k kms. So has anyone experienced such a situation on any vehicle before? I'm thinking of going to the A.S.S. asap but I'm sure I won't be able to replicate the above incident. Any pointers on what to do?? This thing is really scary as the brake assembly is the most important part of any vehicle and I definitely will be getting goosebumps every time I plan a long journey.

Last edited by abhinavinc : 14th January 2015 at 00:55.
Old 14th January 2015, 00:54   #3039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
Today I completed a trip from Ludhiana to New Delhi, total distance being 375 kms. At the fag end of the trip i.e. last 70-80 kms there was a loud grinding sound every time the brake was pressed and the resulting bite of the brake was noticeably lesser to a good extent. It seemed like the front brakes were overheated but I've travelled in other cars too but have not experienced any other car showing degradation of braking efficiency over such a short trip (6 hours total with a five minute stop in between). I stopped the car 15 kms after experiencing continuous dangerous-sounding thud thud sounds every time I pressed the brake pedal. My dad suggested to cool down the brakes by pouring water on the front wheels which we did and voila there was huge smoke emancipating from both wheel wells! I don't know if the above procedure is recommended or not but after continuing on the journey taking a 5 minute break there was a slight improvement . We nonetheless trudged along carefully with maximum engine break used as the brakes were giving zero confidence and reached safely.
Mine is a 2012 July XUV W8 with odo reading of 41k kms and I had gotten my brake pad changed to the latest make at 24k kms. So has anyone experienced such a situation on any vehicle before? I'm thinking of going to the A.S.S. asap but I'm sure I won't be able to replicate the above incident. Any pointers on what to do??
Either your rotors have gone bad or the pads or both. Get them checked at A.S.S. These are usual problems that occur in every car at some point in time.
Old 14th January 2015, 01:04   #3040
BHPian

Hi guys. I am going tomorrow for checking out a 2013 xuv 500 with 15000 odo. What should be the fair price and what should I look out for since it comes with its share of niggles. Anything in particular I should be overly cautious about.
Old 14th January 2015, 11:28   #3041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi guys. I am going tomorrow for checking out a 2013 xuv 500 with 15000 odo. What should be the fair price and what should I look out for since it comes with its share of niggles. Anything in particular I should be overly cautious about.
As low as 8.5 to 9 if its a W6. As high as 10.5 to 11 if its a W8 AWD.
Old 14th January 2015, 11:41   #3042
BHPian

Quote:
As low as 8.5 to 9 if its a W6. As high as 10.5 to 11 if its a W8 AWD.
It's a W8 but not the AWD.
Old 14th January 2015, 22:07   #3043
BHPian

1. Have a good look at buying a used car thread, some incredible information there.
2. In addition do a compression test using the dipstick method.
3. Check the rubber boots, shaft covers and also the usage/wear pattern of the tyres.
4. Check the alignment, some XUV's have famously pulled to the left, though that issue was sorted out.
5. Check the HU/Navigation Version, older versions caused random crashes.
6. I'm sure you'll be pulling out the service history.

All the best and keep us updated!
Old 14th January 2015, 23:48   #3044
BHPian

Well it was a vehicle well abused IMO. The dashboard had strange scratches like a bear had clawed it. The HU navigation was working fine but I noticed uneven tire tread worn out. Also the dashboard was very noisy on bumps and there was some thud audible from the front left side. Rejected it outrightly. Going to check couple of Scorpios tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed.
Old 15th January 2015, 19:04   #3045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Please discuss this in the test drive thread for XUV and not the niggles thread.

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks