Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2014, 11:03   #2956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Once you pull out the key and step outside of the vehicle and lock it with the remote, you are supposed to see that light blinking every 2 secs. This blinking signifies that the immobilizer is functioning properly. If the light does not turn on or does not blink or stay on all the time, then there is a fault with the immobilizer and you need to get the vehicle to the service center to get it rectified, or else you can be stranded in the middle of no where in case the immobilizer dysfunctions on a trip.
I checked in my xuv, the blinking starts immediately after you take out the keys. And it continues till you insert the keys and turn it on.

This happens irrespective of whether the vehicle is locked / unlocked.
Old 7th December 2014, 11:33   #2957
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I checked in my xuv, the blinking starts immediately after you take out the keys. And it continues till you insert the keys and turn it on.

This happens irrespective of whether the vehicle is locked / unlocked.
Yes I just checked that myself. The blinking starts right after removing the key.

Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 12:43   #2958
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Thanks for confirming, I was starting to wonder that it was some issue with my vehicle.
I doubt it may since doors auto-lock after removing the keys and when locked. Hence immobilizer may be activated without door locking.
Old 8th December 2014, 21:54   #2959
BHPian

Its been a month since I got my vehicle and I am enjoying every bit of the drive. No long drives yet but mainly in the city.

It seems posting in this thread is inevitable .

Three issues that I face till date:

1. A slight pulling towards the left at extreme slow speeds (10-20kmph) while moving over a rough patch, pothole, etc. No issues on greater speeds, where steering stays dead straight.

2. The hooter does not work. Initially it was very muted and now it does not sound at all.

3. Painting defect on the boot door. I noticed this one only while washing a week after delivery. It seems like a blob of paint or some embedded impurity at 5 spots. Doesn't look like rust though.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-wxpaintdefect.jpg

I took it to Sireesh Auto a couple of weeks back and reported these issues. Hooter does not seem to a simple issue to fix so they told to come back another day to diagnose. Swapped the front wheels and the pulling issue is not fully solved, though it seemed to have reduced that day. The painting was checked the SA and the service head and confirmed that a complete repainting of the boot door needs to be done. Needs to wait for the first service.
Old 9th December 2014, 10:39   #2960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Three issues that I face till date:

1. A slight pulling towards the left at extreme slow speeds (10-20kmph) while moving over a rough patch, pothole, etc. No issues on greater speeds, where steering stays dead straight.

2. The hooter does not work. Initially it was very muted and now it does not sound at all.

3. Painting defect on the boot door. I noticed this one only while washing a week after delivery. It seems like a blob of paint or some embedded impurity at 5 spots. Doesn't look like rust though.
1. Get the wheels balancing checked, preferably outside the A.S.S.
2. Hooter - you mean the Security System ? If yes ask for a replacement, the quality of Nippon hooters is pathetic.
3. This seems to be a after factory paint job, could be a dent / scratch which probably prompted the Dealer to repaint the entire panel. Get an expert opinion outside the A.S.S. and ask for an explanation. This happens only when the paint is manually sprayed and moisture / air / dust particles get trapped inside, which is a remote possibility in a factory paint shop.

Last edited by m_upreti : 9th December 2014 at 10:41.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 12:32   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
1. Get the wheels balancing checked, preferably outside the A.S.S.
2. Hooter - you mean the Security System ? If yes ask for a replacement, the quality of Nippon hooters is pathetic.
3. This seems to be a after factory paint job, could be a dent / scratch which probably prompted the Dealer to repaint the entire panel. Get an expert opinion outside the A.S.S. and ask for an explanation. This happens only when the paint is manually sprayed and moisture / air / dust particles get trapped inside, which is a remote possibility in a factory paint shop.
Yes, by hooter I meant the security alarm.

I want to report the paint issue to Mahindra. Which route I should take?
Old 9th December 2014, 13:48   #2962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Yes, by hooter I meant the security alarm.
I want to report the paint issue to Mahindra. Which route I should take?
1. Hooter - Aske for replacement under warranty. These are extremely poor quality. My Scorpio is on its 4th one in last 6 years (that too is not working for the last 5 months, and I am no longer interested in spending another 1500 odd Rs.), they just conk off.

2. Paint - To start with lodge a complaint with Mahindra Customer Care
1800 209 6006 and tell them your issue ( http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/produc....2jkQKgmP.dpuf)

They would normally respond promptly and should direct the Area Service Manager to connect with you. Let him see your vehicle and advise.

If that does not work I have the mail id's of the top guys which I can PM you or you can tweet on @anandmahindra
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 18:36   #2963

The W4 variant does not come with fog lamps.
Trying to find out if the W4 variant will have the fog lamp connectors in place?

I can see that a relay will be needed and may be a fuse too - but without the connectors in the harness this exercise will be futile.

Any clue? Searching on the forums was of no help.
Old 10th December 2014, 12:50   #2964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityabhelke View Post
The W4 variant does not come with fog lamps.
Trying to find out if the W4 variant will have the fog lamp connectors in place?

I can see that a relay will be needed and may be a fuse too - but without the connectors in the harness this exercise will be futile.

Any clue? Searching on the forums was of no help.
The connectors are also not there, I fitted the OEM fog lamps from sireesh at singasandra service center.
Old 10th December 2014, 12:58   #2965

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
The connectors are also not there, I fitted the OEM fog lamps from sireesh at singasandra service center.
I'm from Pune so no clue about the above SC.
Can you please elaborate what connectors were used then? Did you have to use the relay and add new wiring from relay to the fog lamps?

Any details will help please.
Old 10th December 2014, 14:45   #2966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityabhelke View Post
I'm from Pune so no clue about the above SC.
Can you please elaborate what connectors were used then? Did you have to use the relay and add new wiring from relay to the fog lamps?

Any details will help please.
They removed the bumper and did the wiring and took the connection from the main line (That what was said to me) without cutting any wire. They also added a switch next to the headlamp leveler. Behind the switch they added a fuse. Thats all the info I have. Hope it helps.
tirthankard77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 17:11   #2967
BHPian

Hello,

As I had posted here 2-3 weeks back, The Power steering Oil pipe was damaged on my XUV and so it was towed on a flat bed the very next day it came back from the third service. The issue was sorted and I got the car back and have been driving it since 15 days but I have noticed that the steering is not as smooth as before and have become heavier. It also makes some noise and vibrates a little when rotated till the ends.

@Zappo: I am tagging you because if I remember correctly, you had faced similar issue of PS oil leak.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Obviously your car has not read your signature line.
Yes though... your car was trying to tell you that you have reached the tipping point. If you want to hear that again go and try that speed once again. Hopefully your car will not disappoint you.
Old 10th December 2014, 17:31   #2968
BHPian

I bought xuv 500 W6 this May. Only issue i had with the vehcile from the day one is vehicle pulling to the left and steering wobbling at high speeds (beyond 100KMPH).

I went to India Garage (Whitefield Bangalore) twice with the complaint and they never fixed it.

unfortunately i hit a pot hole during my recent visit to coorg which damaged my front RH side wheel (a slight bend). I immediately replaced the wheel with the spare wheel.

I went to service centre on 27th November for first service with old complaint and also let them know about the damage to the wheel and asked them to check the lower arm and suspension.

Vehicle is still with India garage. Just now i filed a complaint with M&M on their http://www.withyouhamesha.com website.

Extract from the complaint on what happened since i left my vehicle with them on 27th November.

"Gave the vehicle for service on 27th November. Below are the complaints/instructions written on job card.
Carry out 1st service.
Steering wobbling (Repeat complaint)
A/C leakage at foot area when in Face mode (Repeat complaint)
Provide wheel cap Front RH side
RH driver side rim wheel bend
Check suspension for any issues because of impact
inspect vehicle pulling

Again explained all the above said history to Mr. Krishna (SA). He promised to get to the root of the issue and call me back.
My biggest worry was they will club wobbling and pothole impact together. I even convinced myself that it will be my bad luck since impact is in the same area where the wobbling issue could be and they will put all the expenses incurred in fixing the issues on me.

Nobody called me for next 48 Hrs. So i called Mr. krishna on 29th(saturday). He said there is a bend in the lower assembly strut and that should be because of the impact. My fears were proven right. He said they are going to replace the strut with another test vehicle’s strut and do a test drive to confirm whether it will fix the wobbling issue too. I gave a go ahead.

Nobody called for next 4 days. I called him back on 3rd December(wednesday), he said they did a test drive and the strut change fixed the wobbling issue too. I asked what should i do now. He said the strut change will cost 10K and he will check with manager and take up the case with M&M on what will be their say on the wobbling issue.

No response for next 48 Hrs. I called back again on 5th December(Friday), Mr. Krishna said they can talk to the manager and i should be the one who should raise it with the manager and he promised me to message me the number right after the call. No message, i called back that afternoon, he didn’t pick the call.

I should be really dumb fellow to not get irritated even after all this last 1 week drama. I browsed the net and found the manager Mr. harish’s number and called him on 5th evening (4.50 PM) and vented out all my anger at him and also explained all the above history to him. He promised me to get back after checking with the S.A. No call that day. I was not in town the weekend and came back on monday.

No call from garage on monday. I called Mr. Harish on 9th December (tuesday) and he repeated the same words Mr. krishna told me on 29th November, "strut is damaged". I politely replied i know all this and Mr. krishna also told me they did a test drive with another vehicles strut and all issues seems to be fixed with that. Harish was surprised and said no test drive has been done yet and they will never use another vehicle’s strut for testing purpose. And got my permission to fit new strut (i will bear the expenses) and go for a test drive to check whether wobbling is still there or fixed. If it is still there then they will let know the M&M technical team to inspect the vehicle for manufacturing defect. he promised to get back to me by EOB 10th December.

EOB 10th December, no call yet. What should i do now? Please advice and let me see how prompt M&M customer service team is. And i really have no hopes."

Waiting for a reply from M&M customer service team as well as India Garage Whitefield.
Old 10th December 2014, 17:57   #2969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranvakati View Post
EOB 10th December, no call yet. What should i do now? Please advice and let me see how prompt M&M customer service team is. And i really have no hopes."

[/i]Waiting for a reply from M&M customer service team as well as India Garage Whitefield.
This is typical of M&M ASC however the Customer Support is better, once you get a revert insist on taking this up with the Regional Service Manager of M&M.

Unfortunately you have had the accident at the same place and it would be difficult for you to prove otherwise as it would be their word against yours and since the car is no longer with you it would also be difficult for you to take a second opinion outside of A.S.C.

What goes in your favour are the contradictory statements of the SA and the Manager, you can use those to discuss with the RSM of M&M.

My suggestion, if all fails negotiate 50% replacement under warranty.
Old 10th December 2014, 18:08   #2970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
This is typical of M&M ASC however the Customer Support is better, once you get a revert insist on taking this up with the Regional Service Manager of M&M.

Unfortunately you have had the accident at the same place and it would be difficult for you to prove otherwise as it would be their word against yours and since the car is no longer with you it would also be difficult for you to take a second opinion outside of A.S.C.

What goes in your favour are the contradictory statements of the SA and the Manager, you can use those to discuss with the RSM of M&M.

My suggestion, if all fails negotiate 50% replacement under warranty.
I have no issues if i have to bear the expenses for the strut damage. Im appalled at the behaviour of the India Garage service advisor and the Manager.

I believe steering wobbling will still be there after strut replacement. Whatever it is i want india garage to pay for the unnecessary delay in service. Let me see what reply i will get from M&M.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks