Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2014, 08:04   #2926
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
No one can claim any vehicle as totally niggle free (see the trend of global vehicle recalls from the companies like Toyota, Ford & Honda), what M&M would mean that all the known issues have been fixed.
I totally buy your point but what is "known" to mahindra might not be in tune with the number of problems buyers have faced and i am not talking about just the braking, infotainment and notchy gearbox issues. So mentioning the model year along with the problem faced wont do anyone any harm. It would simply keep us in the loop as far as betterment of product is concerned.
Old 28th November 2014, 12:57   #2927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
I totally buy your point but what is "known" to mahindra might not be in tune with the number of problems buyers have faced and i am not talking about just the braking, infotainment and notchy gearbox issues. So mentioning the model year along with the problem faced wont do anyone any harm. It would simply keep us in the loop as far as betterment of product is concerned.
Completely agreed, the company should be more proactive and detailed with the information.

But if all of us went to M&M with the various issues faced during our owner ship they will have to open a separate company to address the concerns.

After owning a Scorpio for the past 7 years I have stopped complaining and take care of the issues either DIY (at least electronic and electrical subject to parts availability) or the neighbourhood garage.
Old 28th November 2014, 20:41   #2928
BHPian

Fellow Team XUV Owners,

I had purchased my XUV AWD from Kochi TVS on 1st week of September

I took my vehicle for first service now yesterday (ODO reads 5400 KMs) and have reported to them the below problems
1. Front LH Fog Lamp not working, the bulb was hanging loose from the holder, suspect broken clips, the service centre has offered me to replace the entire assembly under warranty
2. Squeaking Sound from bottom of centre console when travelling through rough or uneven roads, this is not audible when the vehicle on smooth surface
3. Squeaking / Rattling from Tail gate area, this is quite audible while taking corners and travelling through rough roads
4. Infotainment shuts downs and reboots this is not common, I have experienced this more than 4 times during this 3 months of my ownership
5. There is a squeaking sound from the LH wheel while taking corners
6. RH rear-view mirror vibrates when the vehicle is over 100 KMPH

Any fellow XUV owners face similar issues or problems?

Besides the above issues I am super happy with my decision to purchase this vehicle, I recently did a 1100 Kms round trip and my journey was purely a bliss
Old 29th November 2014, 07:19   #2929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Completely agreed, the company should be more proactive and detailed with the information.

But if all of us went to M&M with the various issues faced during our owner ship they will have to open a separate company to address the concerns.

After owning a Scorpio for the past 7 years I have stopped complaining and take care of the issues either DIY (at least electronic and electrical subject to parts availability) or the neighbourhood garage.
I think you missed my point here. My initial post had nothing to do with going to Mahindra with the issues. I only wanted to know how many owners who bought their vehicle after later half of 2013 have still been facing the issues. Though mahindra' claims that version 2.0 is niggle free, I know this is far from truth. So just wished to know the details of the issues faced by recent owners. I am also a prospective buyer on the fence , deciding between XUV, STORME AND SCORPIO NG. So any insights would come handy.
Old 29th November 2014, 08:21   #2930
BHPian

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

I am not sure if it's a niggle or not but in slow moving traffic 2nd gear usage is very difficult as the vehicle accelerates automatically whenever rpm drops near 1000 unless you use half clutch which is not the right thing to do. I also know this is due to a feature to avoid stalling of the car but due to this i am mostly using 1st gear and at times this becomes a problem.

Any similar experiences ? And ideas for solution. Is this related to the 2nd gear range which can be tuned ?

Last edited by pgupta : 29th November 2014 at 08:40.
Old 29th November 2014, 13:27   #2931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
I think you missed my point here. My initial post had nothing to do with going to Mahindra with the issues. I only wanted to know how many owners who bought their vehicle after later half of 2013 have still been facing the issues. Though mahindra' claims that version 2.0 is niggle free, I know this is far from truth. So just wished to know the details of the issues faced by recent owners. I am also a prospective buyer on the fence , deciding between XUV, STORME AND SCORPIO NG. So any insights would come handy.
This would be good information if the owners are forthcoming in the forum. However, between these 3 vehicles it would be the devil and the deep sea and you have to be driven by your heart and not the head. As an existing Scorpio owner and having driven M&M Jeeps, Xylo & Tata Estate I can say that you may never expect a niggle free vehicle, whatever the claim is made by these companies.

I have been sitting on the fence for the last 1 year deliberating over the XUV & then the NG Scorpio however, money permitting I would opt for the Fortuner over these for a better peace of mind.
Old 29th November 2014, 14:48   #2932
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajsharma48 View Post
I had the same problem on my W8 with a 80 Gb Ipod and older operating system. The fix that worked for me is following

With Ipod already connected and showing as "unsupported device", select Radio. While the radio is playing, pull out and reconnect the ipod usb lead. the radio will go silent and within 3-4 seconds the ipod will start playing. Give this a try !
I tried this method. However this didnt work as well. While when I use my Iphone, it recognises it as Ipod( via USB ) and plays music from Iphone.

Not sure what is the challenge of playing an older version Ipod on this Infotainment System..
Old 29th November 2014, 20:37   #2933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
CarChef, can you please let know if the replacement was done for your vehicle?
Also, please let know service center and RM who did your task. From your profile I am guessing you are in Bangalore, if so I can also contact the same RM.
Hey mpksuhas, I went to Sireesh Auto, Marthahalli. Was supposed to go on Tuesday but fell sick and finally managed to go today morning. They did some checks for an hour but finally said that my part need not be replaced as its not faulty. The recall is for all vehicles manufactured during May 2014 I guess but not all need to have the vacuum pump changed.

I generally speak to and get helped by Nithin. He is a good person and takes good care of stuff.
carChef is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 12:04   #2934
BHPian

I dont think this is a niggle as such. But still was unsure where to post it - here or in the XUV Test Drive & review thread.

I recently changed my phone to Lumia with Windows OS running. When I checked the app site for mahindra apps, came across Mahindra Bluesense only for scorpio. Tried installing it and connecting with my IS, but seems it works only with scorpio. So basically I cant get info on my tyre pressures/temperatures OR show off the app to my co-passengers.
So anyone faced the similar issue and got any solution. Hope Mahindra comes up asap with the bluesense app and the rest for XUV for windows mobiles.

However, all the other bluetooth functions seems to work fine - phone, contact list, music etc

FundaG
Old 30th November 2014, 14:29   #2935
BHPian

Caution: Long post.

First scary experience. It looked like Whiskers (our 15 month old W8 FWD doing 28K on the odo ) had a heart attack for some time on Friday. As we usually do during most weekends, we took off to our little place in Coorg at about 4 PM. The car was at its best, as usual. We stopped at an uncles house and I let the car idle for a minute and then switched off the engine. After about an hour, we got back in and when I turned the key, it made like what seemed like a half crank and then it completely blacked out. Nothing was working. No lights, no LEDs no nothing. It was like the battery was disconnected. I took out the key, (crossed my fingers) inserted it back and then turned the key. Still nothing. I tried this routine for at least 2 - 3 times. I took out the key, tried to lock and unlock the vehicle. Nothing. Waited for a while (2 to 3 minutes) trying to gather my wits. Then inserted the key back and it was like we just gave it CPR. The lights flickered back on and it was Diwali on the dashboard. Started the car, and again, it went a little more than half a crank. Turned off the vehicle, and cranked it again. It purrs back to life. Switched off, Switched on. It's now behaving like normally.

Next day morning, started the cat expecting the worst, and the bugger roared to life on the first crank, like nothing had happened yesterday! Went about 25 kms to our farm. Stopped and turned off the engine and stepped out to open the gate. Got back in, and the nightmare returns. No lights, nothing. Completely Dead. Every now and then, when I turn it on, it does all the glorious things with the dial, but as soon as I try to crank, it passes out. I was feeling like pulling out a whisker or two now. Called the helpline. And they are getting ready to send someone to jump start it - from Mysore! Mysore is a good 70-80 kms away from the farm. I call Arun Nair, the M&M rep for Bangalore to explain the problem. I explain the symptoms and that there is absolutely no pulse. 'CPR' is not working either. And someone is coming from Mysore for some 'shock treatment'. Arun puts me in touch with Mr Bopanna, GM India Garage, Mysore. He also gets ready to coordinate with the helpline. Now the strange thing is that the helpline people aren't the same as the workshop. At one point, they were saying that I should call the helpline and get the car towed! I'm livid by this time. I remembered Arun asking me to check for deposit on the terminal. There was very slight residue. But nevertheless, I loosened the terminals and tightened them again. And then I go back and start the car. He roars back to life with the first crank. Now I'm not sure if this is an immobilizer issue. During the one hour that I was trying to revive him, every now and then, the security light (the lock icon) used to light up. (Only this one icon on the dash, nothing else) A couple of times, I could hear rapid clicks from the fuse box area. As soon as I tried to crank, nothing. So when it finally started, I didn't want to take chances. I called the helpline and told them to cancel the roadside assistance. I am a good 10 kms off the highway and I didn't fancy giving directions to this guy. I asked for directions to the Mysore India Garage and started off. I called ahead and got Arun to put in a word. I was still suspecting issues with the battery and wanted to be sure that if it was the battery, there was a replacement available. Arun assured me that it would be taken care off. I reached the workshop in an about 40 minutes. No issues during the way. I kept reminding the navigator to see that I don't switch off the engine at signals - absent mindedly. Anyway, it was Murphy all the way at the workshop. No matter what they tried, they were unable to recreate the issue. Started on the first crank. Every time. Checked the voltage with the engine off and also the charging voltage. Vital stats - all normal. Seemed like I bought a patient who turned out to be healthy and was in for a general check up!. Then they took the car for a quick spin, went over bad roads to check for loose connections. Also connected the laptop and checked for error codes. There was one about the immobilizer not being present. Called Arun and explained the situation. He said that since they could not recreate the issue, just ask them to do a general check up and ensure that the issue won't recur again (at least till I reach Bangalore) and that we can investigate it in depth in Bangalore. The mechanics in Mysore explained that this has happened in other cars. They explained that by reseting the terminals, it's like pressing a reset button for the car. They suspect that the remote may be damaged and that the immobilizer chip in it might be a little goofy. When I reset the battery, it also resets the issue. They suggested that I use the spare key for a few days and if the issue came up again, to try switching keys. Back in Coorg, restarted the car on the way several times. No issues. Good experience at India Garage, Mysore.

So lesson learned: That number 10 spanner, is probably your best friend!

Has anyone faced a similar issue?
triedeverything is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 19:22   #2936
BHPian

Back here after a long time, and wanted to check whether anybody else faced an issue with their steering locking up due to the hooter breaking off, apart from me. Was there a recall for the problem?
Old 2nd December 2014, 23:25   #2937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I also know this is due to a feature to avoid stalling of the car but due to this i am mostly using 1st gear and at times this becomes a problem.
Yes, even I am facing this. However you would have noticed that the acceleration stops once RPM level increases. Though, should say that it is bit tough in slow moving traffic. Even I downshift to 1st gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Nothing was working. No lights, no LEDs no nothing. It was like the battery was disconnected. I took out the key, (crossed my fingers) inserted it back and then turned the key. Still nothing.
By lights are you meaning headlights / cabin lights or console LED's?

Quote:
every now and then, the security light (the lock icon) used to light up
The immobilizer LED on dashboard keeps blinking at regular interval when car is locked, you may have seen the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Back here after a long time, and wanted to check whether anybody else faced an issue with their steering locking up due to the hooter breaking off, apart from me.
There was a recall for this sometime last year if I am correct. Anyway, from what I made out while checking the forum before my purchase, there is a new clamp design to avoid this issue. Also, I guess they have added a plastic tie as an added measure.
Old 3rd December 2014, 06:58   #2938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

By lights are you meaning headlights / cabin lights or console LED's?

The immobilizer LED on dashboard keeps blinking at regular interval when car is locked, you may have seen the same.
By lights I mean ALL lights. cabin, console, etc. It was like the battery was disconnected.

I've seen the Lock LED blink. But this is after locking the car - from OUTSIDE the car. In this case, I didn't lock the car. I was inside! So no reason why I should see it while trying to start the car is there?
Old 3rd December 2014, 18:15   #2939
BHPian

Last weekend on Greater Noida expressway I took my XUV for an early morning drive. It was a clean road so I tried to take it above 150. It reached the 150 mark pretty smoothly and easy but soon I heard a beep. I reached 150 for the first time as I completed 10K mark on the same weekend only.
Did the car gave over speeding alert beep or what? Had never heard that beep before or after.
Old 3rd December 2014, 19:27   #2940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Last weekend on Greater Noida expressway I took my XUV for an early morning drive. It was a clean road so I tried to take it above 150. It reached the 150 mark pretty smoothly and easy but soon I heard a beep. I reached 150 for the first time as I completed 10K mark on the same weekend only.
Did the car gave over speeding alert beep or what? Had never heard that beep before or after.
Yes, that's another marvel of this feature laden beast. It's definitely the top speed reaching warning beep. On xylo, you get this beep as soon as you touch the 130 mark. Enjoy your drives carefully.

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 3rd December 2014 at 19:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks