Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2014, 15:34   #2911
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
After the 20K service, my car has been displaying the message "RR Tyre Changed" on and off.
I guess the after rotating the Tyre, service center has not done 'TPMS tyre learning' properly. I too faced this issue after 10K service for Front right tyre (FR).

You can follow steps in this video and get it done yourself -
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 15:36   #2912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After the 20K service, my car has been displaying the message "RR Tyre Changed" on and off. Is this a cause for worry?
Time to reprogram your TPMS, check the user manual for the detailed steps, you may need to visit the local tyre shop to help you fill the air while programming as it requires filling air and then pressure loss.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 15:58   #2913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Jim - I bought my XUV from ktc since I felt they are more professional than TVS. They have hired a new service manager and I know him personally. He used to service my ford fiesta before and is an excellent guy. So I am sure with him as service manager at KTC it cannot go bad.
Priyesh : I got my the 40K service done on mine and took close to 4 days to get the whole thing done.
With the issues I had I pretty much received satisfactory explanations. The noise I was hearing at start was nothing but the oil being pumped to the chains.
All mechanical issues have been sorted out.

With the infotainment system, i had to take my car back after service to get the update done as it was not done during the service.
The camera which I bought from TVS during the delivery 2 years back is below average and needs to be changed according to the service guys.
Rattling noise from dashboard, steering console are all gone.

Things not sorted as yet :
1. External smell come in even while the AC is switched to internal airflow
2. Rattling noise which they thought was from the rear door, is actually from the cooler/handrest between the driver and passenger seats.
3. The metal cranking noise that i hear from my tailgate while the car is on slopes. (Not regular though)

Overall the work was clean, had to get 4 bolts on my wheels replaced as the ITL - Calicut guys had fixed them not properly, as in the guys in KTC had a tough time removing the tyres.
Old 26th November 2014, 17:09   #2914
BHPian

Friends,

I have following queries on my XUV. Request assistance.

1. I have completed 15K and done on- time servicing. My mileage does not go beyond 12. I have seen updates of 18 kmpl. My drive is mostly on highway and less on city roads.

2. Since I drive alone most of the times the AC is kept at temperature 24 degrees with auto and econ. Does this affect mileage negatively.
Old 26th November 2014, 17:33   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Friends,

1. I have completed 15K and done on- time servicing. My mileage does not go beyond 12. I have seen updates of 18 kmpl. My drive is mostly on highway and less on city roads.

2. Since I drive alone most of the times the AC is kept at temperature 24 degrees with auto and econ. Does this affect mileage negatively.
1st try to reset the mileage reading and see what you are getting during your highway run. It will reset to 9 kmpl after reset and then will increase from there.

I have achieved 17.8 kmpl mileage with AC on econ mode at 22 degrees. So AC does not affect much.

Another factor that affects mileage is your cruising speed. I achieved the above mileage with a constant speed of 80-90 kmph. Higher than 90 was causing the mileage to decrease.
Old 26th November 2014, 19:45   #2916
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hi Guys - one of my friends does not have membership yet but he wants to post a problem he is facing with his Xuv W6. Kindly reply if any of you know of any solution...
-------
I have a W6 and replaced the low beam with the following
http://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Bolt-HID-...pt7+hid+kit+h7

the problem I am facing now is, when i switch on the low beam lights (not the pass signal), my music system resets to the first song in the USB i.e. the infotainment says "media disconnected" then "media connecting" and starts with the first song. This happens only when I switch on the lights for the first time after ignition and when the vehicle is in motion. Sometimes it does not happen. However, if the issue happens once, it never reoccurs till the car is running.
Old 27th November 2014, 00:25   #2917
Senior - BHPian

Getting a screeching noise when the steering wheel is turned fully to the right /left. This has been an issue from about a week into ownership, but is yet to be resolved. What could be the problem?
Also, brakes are screeching a bit while braking. Most likely in the front. Am guessing the rotors and pads need to be replaced?

Last edited by razor4077 : 27th November 2014 at 00:27.
Old 27th November 2014, 11:56   #2918
BHPian

Guys, I wanted to know how many of you people who are facing these niggles or even one time problems, own a vehicle manufactured in 2014? Because I believe Mahindra has been claiming to have made it totally niggle free post mid 2013. Please mention the model year along with the post.
Old 27th November 2014, 12:08   #2919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Guys, I wanted to know how many of you people who are facing these niggles or even one time problems, own a vehicle manufactured in 2014? Because I believe Mahindra has been claiming to have made it totally niggle free post mid 2013. Please mention the model year along with the post.
No one can claim any vehicle as totally niggle free (see the trend of global vehicle recalls from the companies like Toyota, Ford & Honda), what M&M would mean that all the known issues have been fixed.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 12:18   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Friends,

Even my FE is around 12-13. My drive is 90% on the highway. Not sure how people are getting 18 from an XUV. My AC is always at "Lo" with econ on.
Old 27th November 2014, 14:37   #2921
BHPian

Quote:
Even my FE is around 12-13. My drive is 90% on the highway. Not sure how people are getting 18 from an XUV. My AC is always at "Lo" with econ on.
Agree with you. I mean there are even claims of 20+ mileage with no tuning box. Cant understand how they manage it. Or if they actually own a XUV in the first place.

I have tried several times during my long drives to get atleast 15kmpl and have not been successful so far. Though the IS shows 18kmpl initially for say 30-50 odd kms it drops steadily to 12-14 range and stays that way. And I usually set the cruise to 110-120kmph, which I believe is a decent cruising speed for this vehicle on the express highways. AC temp would keep varying between 18-24 and Lo-med speeds with rear AC also being operational for some time. Maybe cruising at 70-80 kmph in 6th gear will give these high high mileages, but then it will surely take out the enjoyment of driving the XUV. I would like to maintain an evenly balanced state between both.

At times, I feel people are so concerned about high mileages that they forget the first and the actual reason why they bought the XUV.

FundaG

Last edited by fundagenie : 27th November 2014 at 14:40.
fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 14:48   #2922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Venuvedam, I don't think AC makes much of a difference in mileage of XUV.

This is my observation on 4 / 6 lane highways, with 100 - 110 KMPH drives. I usually keep Tyre pressure at 32 or 33 PSI. I consider myself a sedate drive. I usually does not accelerate hard, unless any overtaking maneuver requires the same. My vehicle is relatively new (11K Kms), any long time users will have a better picture.

The usual mileage as displayed by the system is ~15.5 KMPL. However do note that this is when I reset the system before start of journey, with AC and 2 or 3 people on-board.

When I take the same route with ~6 people + luggage + AC + intermittent rear AC mileage drops to anywhere between 11.5 - 13 KMPL.

In city driving, mileage is around 10 KMPL (+/ - .5).

The highest mileage which I got for an entire trip was 18KMPL, last weekend during a Bangalore - Chennai trip. Was getting this value for around 200 KM's. This was with AC on, minimum luggage and 2 persons on-board.

However during the return trip (Chennai- Bangalore) I was able to get only in range of ~15 KMPL, this again is what I usually get on highways.

Since my driving style and vehicle load remained the same. I doubt the difference in average would be due to -
  • Return journey has small gradient, since we are climbing back towards Deccan plateau from sea level
  • Onward journey was in night (less traffic), return during afternoon. This meant more gear changes and overtaking.
  • More time spend in queues at toll booths
  • Slight difference due to AC working harder in sun than in night.

In short, when someone asks the 'Kitna deta hai' question my answer is ~ 14 KMPL. This is almost similar to the figure you are quoting, so guess everything is fine. The slight difference may be due to load / road conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
At times, I feel people are so concerned about high mileages that they forget the first and the actual reason why they bought the XUV.
Completely agree with you. And else too, compared to vehicles in its class XUV gives superb mileage.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 27th November 2014 at 14:53.
mpksuhas is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 15:11   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Venuvedam, I don't think AC makes much of a difference in mileage of XUV.

This is my observation on 4 / 6 lane highways, with 100 - 110 KMPH drives. I usually keep Tyre pressure at 32 or 33 PSI. I consider myself a sedate drive. I usually does not accelerate hard, unless any overtaking maneuver requires the same. My vehicle is relatively new (11K Kms), any long time users will have a better picture.

The usual mileage as displayed by the system is ~15.5 KMPL. However do note that this is when I reset the system before start of journey, with AC and 2 or 3 people on-board.

When I take the same route with ~6 people + luggage + AC + intermittent rear AC mileage drops to anywhere between 11.5 - 13 KMPL.

In city driving, mileage is around 10 KMPL (+/ - .5).

The highest mileage which I got for an entire trip was 18KMPL, last weekend during a Bangalore - Chennai trip. Was getting this value for around 200 KM's. This was with AC on, minimum luggage and 2 persons on-board.

However during the return trip (Chennai- Bangalore) I was able to get only in range of ~15 KMPL, this again is what I usually get on highways.

Since my driving style and vehicle load remained the same. I doubt the difference in average would be due to -
  • Return journey has small gradient, since we are climbing back towards Deccan plateau from sea level
  • Onward journey was in night (less traffic), return during afternoon. This meant more gear changes and overtaking.
  • More time spend in queues at toll booths
  • Slight difference due to AC working harder in sun than in night.

In short, when someone asks the 'Kitna deta hai' question my answer is ~ 14 KMPL. This is almost similar to the figure you are quoting, so guess everything is fine. The slight difference may be due to load / road conditions.

Completely agree with you. And else too, compared to vehicles in its class XUV gives superb mileage.
Suhas,

Thanks for the reassuring post. I have never cruised at below 100 speeds on long drives. Maybe I should try engaging cruise at 80 in 6th gear and see what mileage I get on Hyd ORR. Will try it next time I am on it.
Old 27th November 2014, 21:05   #2924
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reassuring post. I have never cruised at below 100 speeds on long drives. Maybe I should try engaging cruise at 80 in 6th gear and see what mileage I get on Hyd ORR. Will try it next time I am on it.
venuvedam, for my AWD, the figure stands at an average mileage of 13 kmpl. Till now, it was 50% highways and 50% city drive for me, with AC on auto @ 24-25 and ECO never ON. I always calculate the mileage based on tankful to tankful method and do not use the value from the cluster. I do not believe the value which is shown on the system. The highest mileage I got, over a trip was 15 kmpl. As for instantaneous values, the efficiency figure on the display has gone till 18.5 kmpl. As for the mileage, I'm totally happy with the figures I'm getting. Just enjoy the ride
Old 28th November 2014, 02:04   #2925
BHPian

I ve been using my xuv for just 10 days and 1425km. AWD mileage figures are approximate 12.82 on tank full to tankful method

Most Viewed