Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2014, 12:37   #2896
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is this a new Service action update from M&M ? Earlier (~4 months back) when I had cheked this link remember seeing another action which was related to earlier recall of power steering hose.

Is this new action related to the low engine oil - engine failure issue reported in this thread few months back ?

Attachment 1309143

M&M site link
Even I checked online and found my vehicle to be excluded from this recall.

Would appreciate if someone whose vehicle is indeed included can update us on the tasks performed by M&M under this recall.

Cheeerzz
Old 17th November 2014, 18:41   #2897
BHPian

As many of you'll might be aware, my car had undergone Engine replacement few months back because of some issue with the oil pump. My car was at the service station for 2 months exactly for this problem. took me hundreds of phone calls, requests and explanations to get things done. I faced a lot of problems during this time as it is my daily drive car. though I was provided a back up car after more than a month had passed.

Now recently met with a small accident. The truck in front of my car braked suddenly at a Toll booth line and so I banged my car to it. Though the speed was hardly 10-15 kmph, but the bumper and front grill got damaged and the radiator got hit due to which the coolant was drained and the car was stalled. Had to get it towed on a Flatbed to the service station. The damage was 63,000/-!! Thankfully I had Zero Dep Insurance so that was taken care of.

Meanwhile it was time for the 3rd free service so I got that done too while it was at the service station. Then after I got the car back, when I was going out in the evening that same day, I suddenly started getting some vibrations and noise from the steering wheel. as I drove further it increased and the steering got heavier. I understood that this must be because of the Power steering Oil leakage. Though I did not get any Error sign. But I had to rush back home and by the time I parked my car, the steering had got pretty hard and made a lot of noise when turning. and this happened the same day after I got my car back after getting it serviced! As I am writing this post, I just got a call from the service station, The PS Oil pipe has leakage as observed by the RSA guy who came and checked the car and now it will again be towed to the service station on a Flatbed.

The car is also making a whistling sound when I lift the leg off the accelerator in third gear and the car is moving ahead. I noticed it has increased after I got my car back from the third service. It was there earlier but I thought it must be normal thing as wasn't that much. But will get this checked now.

Apart from that I have faced many small issues also. like the wiper washer liquid pump stopped working soon after I got my car back after the Engine replacement but didn't%

Last edited by magikrider : 17th November 2014 at 18:47.
Old 17th November 2014, 19:18   #2898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
As many of you'll might be aware, my car had undergone Engine replacement few months back because of some issue with the oil pump. My car was at the service station for 2 months exactly for this problem.
I can picture myself in exactly your situation 5.5 years back (except for the unfortunate accident that you had) when my new Scorpio was in and out of the Mahindra Service Centres, before and after the gear box replacement and I had a 1st Gen Xylo as a replacement for almost 2.5 months.

Please do not let these things go by, it is time you take a hard stand and start writing / tweeting the top management of M&M to resolve all the issues and do a thorough check up and certify the vehicle completely roadworthy to your satisfaction.

This worked in my case and last 5.5 years I have not faced a single issue which is out of the ordinary (lots of minor controllable issues though).
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 21:56   #2899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
As many of you'll might be aware, my car had undergone Engine replacement few months back because of some issue with the oil pump. My car was at the service station for 2 months exactly for this problem. took me hundreds of phone calls, requests and explanations to get things done. I faced a lot of problems during this time as it is my daily drive car. though I was provided a back up car after more than a month had passed.

Now recently met with a small accident. The truck in front of my car braked suddenly at a Toll booth line and so I banged my car to it. Though the speed was hardly 10-15 kmph, but the bumper and front grill got damaged and the radiator got hit due to which the coolant was drained and the car was stalled. Had to get it towed on a Flatbed to the service station. The damage was 63,000/-!! Thankfully I had Zero Dep Insurance so that was taken care of.

Meanwhile it was time for the 3rd free service so I got that done too while it was at the service station. Then after I got the car back, when I was going out in the evening that same day, I suddenly started getting some vibrations and noise from the steering wheel. as I drove further it increased and the steering got heavier. I understood that this must be because of the Power steering Oil leakage. Though I did not get any Error sign. But I had to rush back home and by the time I parked my car, the steering had got pretty hard and made a lot of noise when turning. and this happened the same day after I got my car back after getting it serviced! As I am writing this post, I just got a call from the service station, The PS Oil pipe has leakage as observed by the RSA guy who came and checked the car and now it will again be towed to the service station on a Flatbed.

The car is also making a whistling sound when I lift the leg off the accelerator in third gear and the car is moving ahead. I noticed it has increased after I got my car back from the third service. It was there earlier but I thought it must be normal thing as wasn't that much. But will get this checked now.

Apart from that I have faced many small issues also. like the wiper washer liquid pump stopped working soon after I got my car back after the Engine replacement but didn't%
Woah! somehow my Post wasn't posted properly. half of it got deleted!

Anyways I'll continue from above…

Apart from that I have faced many small issues also. like the wiper washer liquid pump stopped working soon after I got my car back after the Engine replacement but didn't take it back to the service station as I thought that will get it checked when I get the 3rd service done. The Washer pump was replaced during the 3rd free service under warranty.

Earlier I had also faced problem with the wipers. I once took the Freeway from the Town side and it was raining torrentially. The Freeway from town side has a narrow two lane bridge for a very long stretch. It continues like that for few kms and as soon I got on the Freeway my wipers stopped working. It was Night time and I couldn't see a thing except few red dots from the lights of cars ahead. Suddenly I felt like Blind Al Pacino driving the Ferrari in "Scent of a Woman" except unlike Pacino, I was driving at a very slow speed! People kept on honking and I was driving at a snail's pace on the first lane. couldn't even get on the second lane as the cars passing by were in high speed. people usually drive on the Freeway at the speed of 80-100 km/h. It was a scary situation. The Wiper motor was later replaced under warranty.

The AC sometimes stops working if you keep it on any temperature other than "Lo". Then after sometime you can set on higher temperature or after restarting the car it works properly. Its an Intermittent problem which pops up sometimes and have complained a few times during service visits but still exists.

Right side Passenger door lock in the Middle row also stops working sometimes. Again its a intermittent issue. stops working for few days and then again starts working. when it stops working, the only way to lock the door is manually from inside.

The wiper blades also have been replaced 2-3 times in 2 years of ownership. The company provided wiper blades are really bad quality and doesn't last long. Couldn't find Bosch wiper blades for XUV anywhere as they are not readily available.

There is also some sort of rattling sound when the car passes through bad roads or potholes. This is there from beginning almost. The car is just 19,7xx kms driven and just turned two years old on 27th October.

My iPhone 5 (64 GB) also doesn't connect properly. The songs get skipped from the playlist or it suddenly stops working and switches to Radio.

The Middle row AC blower was also replaced under warranty in 3rd service. This was the second time it has been replaced.

Some or the other issue keeps on popping up every now and then. Didn't expect this after spending more than One and a half million rupees. and its not that there are issues with the fancy gadgets with the car and Mahindra guys aren't able to cope up. The issues are mostly with the basic features like Lights, Wipers, Washer etc. which are present on a 2-3 lac rupee hatchbacks also. And of course the Mechanical parts Oil pump, Power Steering unit, Brakes etc are also problematic. Mahindra needs to make more reliable cars. People spending 10-15 lacs expect reliability and peace of mind.
Old 18th November 2014, 10:12   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Even I checked online and found my vehicle to be excluded from this recall.

Would appreciate if someone whose vehicle is indeed included can update us on the tasks performed by M&M under this recall.

Cheeerzz
If you see the link it says the following under the "Why" section - On some of the production engines, the vacuum pump may malfunction. Should this condition happen, it will lead to noise from engine and malfunction leading to damage to engine

So if you have this problem only then go for it. People have had this issue and it was reported by HCP on this thread as well. I think it is the same issue where the vacuum modulator makes a noise like a small running fan.
Old 18th November 2014, 12:43   #2901
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked against my vehicle serial number.
It displays that I should get the vaccum pump checked. I had taken the vehicle for 10K service last saturday, SA had not informed anything about it then.
Called up two M&M dealers ( Sireesh & Anant cars) and both does not have any idea what this is about. Anyways have asked them to check and update.
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20141118114242.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 14:33   #2902
BHPian

Hi all,
Got my new XUV last week. Couple of questions,
1) Can I get the free service from any M&M dealers or only from the dealer that I bought the car from? Reason I am asking is my dealer put dealer stamps on the service manual for all the three service spaces.
2)The highbeam do not switches the low beam/projectors off. All four lights are on when high beam is enabled. Is it standard behaviour?
Old 18th November 2014, 14:38   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
Hi all,
Got my new XUV last week. Couple of questions,
1) Can I get the free service from any M&M dealers or only from the dealer that I bought the car from? Reason I am asking is my dealer put dealer stamps on the service manual for all the three service spaces.
2)The highbeam do not switches the low beam/projectors off. All four lights are on when high beam is enabled. Is it standard behaviour?
1. yes you can get it serviced from any dealer.
2. Both LB & HB will be ON when you switched to High Beam.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 08:42   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Checked against my vehicle serial number.
It displays that I should get the vaccum pump checked. I had taken the vehicle for 10K service last saturday, SA had not informed anything about it then.
Called up two M&M dealers ( Sireesh & Anant cars) and both does not have any idea what this is about. Anyways have asked them to check and update.
Attachment 1309991
I previously stated this was seen, I was wrong. That was for the vacuum modulator and this is for the vacuum pump. I guess vacuum pump is what helps in controlling engine power during braking. Does this explain some issues of dead brake pedals that were reported on newer vehicles?
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 11:20   #2905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
That was for the vacuum modulator and this is for the vacuum pump. I guess vacuum pump is what helps in controlling engine power during braking.
Saw this link shared in another forum
2300 units of Scorpio, XYLO, XUV

Quote:
Homegrown auto major Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd is recalling 2,300 units of different variants of its popular sports utility vehicles (SUVs) Scorpio and XUV500, and multi purpose vehicle Xylo to rectify a defective vacuum pump in engines manufactured in May this year.

The preventive inspection and replacement, if needed, of the vacuum pump would be free of cost for customers, who would be individually contacted by the company, Mahindra & Mahindra said in a statement. “The inspection is limited to approximately 2,300 vehicles of Scorpio (Vlx/Sle/Lx), XUV500 W4/w6/W8 and Xylo H9/H8/H4 variants,” the company said.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 12:16   #2906
BHPian

Quote:
Saw this link shared in another forum
2300 units of Scorpio, XYLO, XUV
Saw your quote and above link. Many thanks for the information. Surprised Mahindra have not communicated till now about this.

Checked my vehicle serial number in the service action window. Mine is a August 2012 manufactured one. It is not in the recall list.

What's your manufacturing date? Is it applicable, only to some particular batches?

Last edited by Vasuki : 19th November 2014 at 12:19.
Old 19th November 2014, 22:08   #2907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
What's your manufacturing date? Is it applicable, only to some particular batches?
Got an SMS from M&M today informing that there is a field action against my vehicle and asking me to contact RM or toll free number.

It is applicable for only a batch of vehicle, from news reports May 14 models. My vehicle falls under that date.

I may be able to visit service center only next week, will update once I do.
Old 23rd November 2014, 19:22   #2908
BHPian

Quote:
Got an SMS from M&M today informing that there is a field action against my vehicle and asking me to contact RM or toll free number.

It is applicable for only a batch of vehicle, from news reports May 14 models. My vehicle falls under that date.

I may be able to visit service center only next week, will update once I do.
I got the SMS as well. I have booked for a Tuesday appointment. Will report back on whatever details I get.
carChef is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 15:18   #2909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carChef View Post
I have booked for a Tuesday appointment.
CarChef, can you please let know if the replacement was done for your vehicle?
Also, please let know service center and RM who did your task. From your profile I am guessing you are in Bangalore, if so I can also contact the same RM.
Old 26th November 2014, 15:27   #2910
BHPian

After the 20K service, my car has been displaying the message "RR Tyre Changed" on and off. Is this a cause for worry?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks