Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2014, 14:52   #2881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra.vw View Post
XUV 500 Mid row head rest Mod.

Hope, this(do it yourself) Mod should be useful to XUV 500 Owners.

Will try this next week
Old 10th November 2014, 21:01   #2882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpreetsingh View Post
All,

on my XUV - W8, I have not been able to connect Ipod via USB. Initially it didnt recognize it at all. Then I restored it. Now it shows as "unsupported device".

Any inputs on how to resolve this issue?

How many GB is the iPod? I understand anything more than 8GB could have problems! Sucks big time!
Old 10th November 2014, 21:14   #2883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Hi guys,

Need some help.

2. I want fix a carrier which i can dismantle easily. Any recommendations and dealers in Mumbai.

Well the carrier sold thro M&M dealers can easily be dismantled. I do it often.
Old 10th November 2014, 21:19   #2884
BHPian

I have the same roof carrier. But never knew that it can be dismantled easily. Would you please elaborate a little bit more , like what tools are required and if this can be done all alone or we need another helping hand as It seems to be pretty heavy too. Thanks in advance.
Old 12th November 2014, 13:07   #2885

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by virender View Post
One of the remote key for central locking is not for my XUV Feb , 2014 (8500km).

Can it be a Battery (remote key battery) failure ? Does a remote key battery lasts only 4-5 months ?

I have not checked it yet with a replaced Battery . What about the warranty
I haven't had any issues with the remote in the last 2 years. Try replacing the battery first. If that doesn't work call your RM.
Old 15th November 2014, 10:46   #2886
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virender View Post
One of the remote key for central locking is not for my XUV Feb , 2014 (8500km).
I am at service centre for my 10K service, saw two other XUV owners complaining about remote not working. One was a 1.5 month old car, the other was two month old vehicle.
Mine is June 14 vehicle and keys are working fine. So I guess it may be issue with certain batches of keys also.
Old 15th November 2014, 11:04   #2887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I am at service centre for my 10K service, saw two other XUV owners complaining about remote not working. One was a 1.5 month old car, the other was two month old vehicle.
Mine is June 14 vehicle and keys are working fine. So I guess it may be issue with certain batches of keys also.
My remote stopped working one month after purchase. Then I took out the battery , cleaned and put it back. After that no issues so far
Old 15th November 2014, 14:36   #2888
BHPian

Guys My W6 is a week old and the rear left door is not opening from the outside (no child lock). It is however opening from the inside. Any known issue??
Old 15th November 2014, 18:48   #2889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Guys My W6 is a week old and the rear left door is not opening from the outside (no child lock). It is however opening from the inside. Any known issue??
Even if the child lock on is on, it can be opened from outside.. So this might be related to the locking mechanism only
Seems to be a rare issue and will be solved free of cost under warranty.
Old 16th November 2014, 19:11   #2890
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this a new Service action update from M&M ? Earlier (~4 months back) when I had cheked this link remember seeing another action which was related to earlier recall of power steering hose.

Is this new action related to the low engine oil - engine failure issue reported in this thread few months back ?

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 2012
Size:  25.1 KB

M&M site link
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 19:55   #2891
BHPian

Quote:
Is this a new Service action update from M&M ? Earlier (~4 months back) when I had cheked this link remember seeing another action which was related to earlier recall of power steering hose.

Is this new action related to the low engine oil - engine failure issue reported in this thread few months back ?

Attachment 1309143

M&M site link
I just got my 10k service couple of days back from Ananth cars. I didn't heard any thing abou this from them.
By the by i am the one who reported that low engine oil pressure few days back in this thread.

When i tried to check in the link provided by you. It is showing my vehicle serial number is invalid :( .
Old 16th November 2014, 20:13   #2892
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
I just got my 10k service couple of days back from Ananth cars. I didn't heard any thing abou this from them.
Even I did not hear anything from Anant cars, I got the 10K service done from them only yesterday.

Apart from the same there is a service action regarding re-torquing of front suspension. This was done on my vehicle couple of weeks back when I took it to Sireesh Marathahalli for some minor repair.
Old 17th November 2014, 04:53   #2893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even I did not hear anything from Anant cars, I got the 10K service done from them only yesterday.

Apart from the same there is a service action regarding re-torquing of front suspension. This was done on my vehicle couple of weeks back when I took it to Sireesh Marathahalli for some minor repair.
Could you kindly provide more info on this. Mine is also a 2014 model like yours. I didnt get any info about this service action.
Old 17th November 2014, 06:26   #2894

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpreetsingh View Post
All,

on my XUV - W8, I have not been able to connect Ipod via USB. Initially it didnt recognize it at all. Then I restored it. Now it shows as "unsupported device".

Any inputs on how to resolve this issue?
I had the same problem on my W8 with a 80 Gb Ipod and older operating system. The fix that worked for me is following

With Ipod already connected and showing as "unsupported device", select Radio. While the radio is playing, pull out and reconnect the ipod usb lead. the radio will go silent and within 3-4 seconds the ipod will start playing. Give this a try !
Old 17th November 2014, 09:46   #2895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Could you kindly provide more info on this. Mine is also a 2014 model like yours. I didnt get any info about this service action.
Sorry, I too don't have much detail on the same.
I had taken the vehicle for some minor work (mud flap change), while waiting in the lobby I noticed the technician opening the rubber caps in engine bay and tightening the suspension bolts.

Once the work was done, before I could ask the SA informed that there is a notification from M&M to re- torque suspension on few vehicles from 2014 first half. Mine is a May-14 model which I took delivery in June-14.

To get more information on the same I checked with Anant cars SA when I took the vehicle for 10K service last Sat. On checking the SA was not aware of the same, however later when entering job sheet details in system he cross checked my vehicle details and said that work is already done and it is related to some M&M notification.

I have checked the 'WithYouHamesha' website for the same. Though it lists the bill amount and service type, it does not have any job break up.

Would like to add that I was not having any suspension related issues before this.

The 'Service Action' link in XUV is only for re-call related issues I guess which is of serious nature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks