Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2014, 20:33   #2836
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Came across a strange issue yesterday.
I had just started the vehicle when I received a call, since phone was not connected over blue tooth, kept engine idling while I attended the call.
Car was on a level ground and I was keeping break pedal pressed, after around 15 mins I noticed that HDC, ESP error lights were on.
Switched off the vehicle and switched on and all is fine. Drove for few KM's, checked breaking and break oil and found all to be fine.
My first worry was some loose /faulty sensor or cable. However I guess that is not the case.

My doubt is it was due to me keeping breakpedal pressed, has anyone faced similar issue.
Old 13th October 2014, 07:53   #2837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Came across a strange issue yesterday.
I had just started the vehicle when I received a call, since phone was not connected over blue tooth, kept engine idling while I attended the call.
Car was on a level ground and I was keeping break pedal pressed, after around 15 mins I noticed that HDC, ESP error lights were on.
Switched off the vehicle and switched on and all is fine. Drove for few KM's, checked breaking and break oil and found all to be fine.
My first worry was some loose /faulty sensor or cable. However I guess that is not the case.

My doubt is it was due to me keeping breakpedal pressed, has anyone faced similar issue.
I’m sorry to say that I find it most jarring when I find BRAKE (that mechanism which helps a moving vehicle to slow down and / or stop) frequently mis-spelt as BREAK (as in “one has to BREAK a couple of eggs to make an omelette”; a more appropriate example in this case could be “give me a BREAK, will you”) in this forum. IMHO, BRAKE is probably the most frequently mis-spelt word in TBHP.

Come on guys, TBHP is a forum for automobile enthusiasts. What kind of an auto enthusiast are you if you can’t spell B-R-A-K-E? TBHP has a reputation for maintaining a certain standard. Let’s not dilute these standards.

I can understand if someone makes a careless spelling mistake once in a while. But consistently and repeatedly mis-spelling a simple word like BRAKE on a forum for car lovers reveals a deficiency and reflects poorly on a TBHP member.
debuda is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 09:30   #2838
Senior - BHPian

Guys
Yesterday I was driving to kodaikanal ghats and while on the bends I am hearing sceeh sceeh sceeh sound from the front . It happens only while turning on the bends and not while driving straight.
Any help or suggestions . I am still in kodaikanal. Will check again while coming down the ghat tomorrow.
Old 13th October 2014, 10:12   #2839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Guys
Yesterday I was driving to kodaikanal ghats and while on the bends I am hearing sceeh sceeh sceeh sound from the front . It happens only while turning on the bends and not while driving straight.
Any help or suggestions . I am still in kodaikanal. Will check again while coming down the ghat tomorrow.
Hi, I assume your vehicle has Bridge stone Duelers HT. This is a normal behavior in these tires, which tend to squeal in turns due to the grip pattern. It should not be a problem IMO.
Old 13th October 2014, 10:37   #2840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi, I assume your vehicle has Bridge stone Duelers HT. This is a normal behavior in these tires, which tend to squeal in turns due to the grip pattern. It should not be a problem IMO.
Apollo apterra HP tires. Guess both are the same quality. If its tires, then I am relieved. Anyone else experienced the same ? Its was like a belt sceeh sound.
Old 13th October 2014, 12:04   #2841
BHPian

If it's a belt screech, check your accessories belt and hooter. It could be your accessories belt, which drives your power steering, has the hooter caught in it. It's very dangerous if it snaps so please check it asap
Old 13th October 2014, 12:09   #2842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Apollo apterra HP tires. Guess both are the same quality. If its tires, then I am relieved. Anyone else experienced the same ? Its was like a belt sceeh sound.
I have been running on OEM Bridgestone Duelers HT (16") on my Scorpio, hand have never faced such issues unless while cornering and braking at high speeds (that too only a couple of times). Is this something specific to the 17" on the XUV, since the BS tyre pattern is the same as the 16".
Old 13th October 2014, 12:27   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was the tarmac wet when this sound came up?? If yes, I would suggest you to try once on a dry tarmac to see if the sound still exists. Also it would be better to show it your service center once to be on a safer side if you come across it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I have been running on OEM Bridgestone Duelers HT (16") on my Scorpio, hand have never faced such issues unless while cornering and braking at high speeds (that too only a couple of times). Is this something specific to the 17" on the XUV, since the BS tyre pattern is the same as the 16".
IMO, it should be specific to 17" because I have come across many XUV owners complaining about screeching sound from their tires.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 12:50   #2844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
If it's a belt screech, check your accessories belt and hooter. It could be your accessories belt, which drives your power steering, has the hooter caught in it. It's very dangerous if it snaps so please check it asap
Almost 10000kms completed. I will check it with the service centre this week. Mine is March 2014 model. Thought those problems were solved.

Quote:
Was the tarmac wet when this sound came up?? If yes, I would suggest you to try once on a dry tarmac to see if the sound still exists. Also it would be better to show it your service center once to be on a safer side if you come across it again.

IMO, it should be specific to 17" because I have come across many XUV owners complaining about screeching sound from their tires.
tarmac was dry. Also I was driving slowly as my 10month old was in the car. Hope that it isnt related to any mechanical issue.

Tomorrow I will be driving down the hill. Let me see whether the problem occurs again.
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 13:17   #2845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
I replaced one of the rear Mud flap a month back @ Ananth serv, bannerghatta Rd.

Part Cost: 177
labour: 56.18
Total : 233
Did the part price go up.. In cochin TVS i got it done for Rs.95. No labor charges
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 21:45   #2846
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys.
I have been following this thread from long and have a few questions above my XUV5OO.
1. I have a July 2012 W6 model and I read on one forum that the older models have 3 digits in the trip meters which can now be converted into 4 digits. However my service center is not aware of this? Can someone throw light on this as I want my trip meter ti show kms in 4 digits.
2. Has anyone tried different bulbs like Osram night breaker or similar for high and low beam? I am looking for the bulb upgrade only and not the HID set up.
Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 10:22   #2847
BHPian

Brakes Stopped Working !

I took my XUV W6 delivery around a week back. Today morning in slow moving traffic, I found the brakes were not working. There were no warning lights glowing.

I stopped the car using hand brakes and then slowly took it to a near by ground. Checked multiple times and brakes were not working.

I then switched off the engine for 5 mins and then restarted the car. The brakes worked fine and everything seemed normal. I tested the brakes 15-20 times in the ground before continuing to office.

Sireesh service personnel is coming to check the issue. Anyone else has faced similar problem?

Regards,
Rajat
rajatmakar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 11:11   #2848
Senior - BHPian

Re: Brakes Stopped Working !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
I took my XUV W6 delivery around a week back. Today morning in slow moving traffic, I found the brakes were not working. There were no warning lights glowing.

I stopped the car using hand brakes and then slowly took it to a near by ground. Checked multiple times and brakes were not working.

I then switched off the engine for 5 mins and then restarted the car. The brakes worked fine and everything seemed normal. I tested the brakes 15-20 times in the ground before continuing to office.
What was the exact issue ? Did the brake paddle stopped responding and went hard or pressing it yielded no results.
Old 20th October 2014, 11:54   #2849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
What was the exact issue ? Did the brake paddle stopped responding and went hard or pressing it yielded no results.
The brake pedal went down very smoothly but with absolutely no braking.
Old 20th October 2014, 12:20   #2850
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post

This is absoutely scary.

Quote:

Sireesh service personnel is coming to check the issue....
Since there were no warning lights/signs, the possibility of error-codes being logged into the ECU is remote. Also since the problem vanished on its own and can not be reproduced, there is a good chance that the service center would try to underplay the issue. Please do NOT budge, till the root cause is found out and fixed. Please do NOT take the delivery of the vehicle till they are able to explain what went wrong and how it was fixed.

Do keep us updated.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks