Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2014, 19:46   #2806

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

For the last few weeks I have observed that the Front AC is not functioning as efficiently as it used to do earlier. Though the outdoor temperatures are much lower in the monsoons. It is not even comfortable to sit inside the vehicle, however when I switch on the Rear AC the cooling is quick and efficient, even with all three rows occupied- 5 adults and four kids.
I own a W8 with 15600 kms on the odo. I suspect a choked filter. Being in a remote area visiting a Mahindra dealer or a service station is not feasible in near future.
Where is this filter located? How to access it? Or is it some other problem? Can anyone help!
Old 15th September 2014, 13:25   #2807
BHPian

When car is on the move on a straight road, after downshifting and accelerating, I am observing vibration. To avoid heavy vibration, at the start of sensing the vibration I will go light on the accelerator pedal for few seconds. Just wanted to know whether if this is common to XUV500? Is this called Torque Steer in FWD?
Old 15th September 2014, 15:44   #2808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
When car is on the move on a straight road, after downshifting and accelerating, I am observing vibration. To avoid heavy vibration, at the start of sensing the vibration I will go light on the accelerator pedal for few seconds. Just wanted to know whether if this is common to XUV500? Is this called Torque Steer in FWD?
My car has the exact same problem. I dont think that is torque steer.

Anyways, many visits to the A.S.S. has not solved this and now I have left it at that!
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 17:11   #2809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Thanks... Did not realize that I have to pick up some speed for the system to show alerts.
Also sms read out feature - is this mobile dependent?
Yes the sms read out feature is mobile dependent. You can find the apps for it in your respective phone app stores.

P.S. I had noticed it once while driving off, it shows which door is improperly closed as well. If the system showed alerts on a stationary vehicle it will be pointless. Imagine being alerted every time the door was improperly closed or opened while stationary.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 17:25   #2810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Hi

I completed around 8K Kms till now, no major issues.

During my long drive last week, i noticed that there is a "Engine oil low pressure" indicator beeping up very frequently.
You are sitting on a potential time bomb - oil pump failure leading to engine damage / replacement. Please get to the ASC soon. Do not neglect this warning
shrk_18 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 15:55   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
You are sitting on a potential time bomb - oil pump failure leading to engine damage / replacement. Please get to the ASC soon. Do not neglect this warning
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Don't want to alarm you, however similar issue reported earlier by few members turned out to be a faulty pump. Causing engine replacement.

I guess it is best to take the vehicle to service center immediately.
Thanks for your information, today I visited Ananth cars in bannerghatta Rd.
They diagnosed using the OBD laptop, but couldn't find any error.
so the Technician suspected that the issue might be because of pump switch loose connection, as the warning is not continuous and that too it didn't repeat after that day. Looks like they have replaced the switch. I am Planning for one more long drive soon, Need to monitor for this issue.
Old 16th September 2014, 16:14   #2812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Looks like they have replaced the switch. I am Planning for one more long drive soon, Need to monitor for this issue.
Hope you don't get the issue again.
Can you please let us know make of your vehicle. I guess earlier two reports of of oil pump failure was in 2012 end vehicles.
Old 16th September 2014, 18:21   #2813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Hope you don't get the issue again.
Can you please let us know make of your vehicle. I guess earlier two reports of of oil pump failure was in 2012 end vehicles.
Mine is NOV-2013 model.
Oil pump switch is replaced under warranty.
Any suggestion about extended warranty?
I checked with SA Today. He said that what ever the parts covered under standard warranty are covered with extended warranty as well. Looks like no part is exempted for extended warranty.
Old 16th September 2014, 23:31   #2814
BHPian

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Not sure but It might be related to wheel balancing too, I had similar issue which got resolved by chance while doing wheel balancing, so you can give it a try too.
pgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 09:33   #2815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead6996 View Post
For the last few weeks I have observed that the Front AC is not functioning as efficiently as it used to do earlier. Though the outdoor temperatures are much lower in the monsoons. It is not even comfortable to sit inside the vehicle, however when I switch on the Rear AC the cooling is quick and efficient, even with all three rows occupied- 5 adults and four kids.
I own a W8 with 15600 kms on the odo. I suspect a choked filter. Being in a remote area visiting a Mahindra dealer or a service station is not feasible in near future.
Where is this filter located? How to access it? Or is it some other problem? Can anyone help!
I have faced exactly same problem. At the end there was an Engine check lamp warning as well on the instrument cluster. ODB scanner says PA16A1 , which is an AC Switch pulse not received event. The AC switch is located under the RHS headlamp assembly. The tech checked for any fault in connection to this switch, but didn't find any. That is when he decided to flash an ECU update which is meant to solve unintentional hot air pumping out by AC. After applying this update he also topped up the AC refrigerant (in M&M technician terms AC Gas). After that the AC cooling great, as good as new vehicle, and no more errors. While outside temp is 37 it could bring cabin temperature to 18 (Tested with thermometer). Probably you have to check with the M&M A S S.

thanks
HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 18th September 2014 at 09:36.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 14:09   #2816
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday night will coming back from office, all of a sudden there was this noise coming from engine compartment, as if two metals are rubbing against each other. I stopped the car and opened the bonnet to check but then there was no noise. So went back in started moving again. Then again i started hearing this noise. First i thought is the siren that has fallen off and rubbing against some belt or something, so stopped again to check for that siren. It was there where it should be so what the hell is that noise coming from. With no answers i kept on driving. While driving i felt that noise was more prominent when car goes over bumps or broken roads. So the noise could be coming from suspension too. Not sure from where its coming but this noise comes when the suspension moves.

Any ideas guys? Anyone else experienced this before and what was the outcome?

Also is it safe to drive it around for few days with this issue as my 50K service is due and i can only give my car for service next week.

Last edited by nitinralli : 18th September 2014 at 14:12.
Old 18th September 2014, 16:06   #2817
BHPian

^^ A damaged Front Wheel Bearing can be one of the suspect
Old 18th September 2014, 21:22   #2818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ A damaged Front Wheel Bearing can be one of the suspect
Is this a serious issue and will this be covered under warranty?

Well I can confirm this much that the sound is coming from suspension only that too from front driver side. When car is travelling on smooth road there is no noise but the moment there is a speed breaker or potholes sound appears.
Old 18th September 2014, 23:03   #2819
BHPian

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

If wheel bearing is the culprit, and if not taken care/replaced might result in wheel getting jammed. Pls check it if traveling outstation, otherwise you could cautiously drive.

For Honda city I had got warranty replacement for the wheel bearing; not sure of XUV.

Another cause I can think of is suspension mount pads; but I guess it won't be a metallic sound.

Last edited by Twiny : 18th September 2014 at 23:04.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 11:22   #2820
BHPian

Siren problem finally caught up with me.
luckily the belt didn't break
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-1411105899530.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks