Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2014, 11:55   #2551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
That is very very strange, you should check mileage on a pure highway run and a pure city run to get the numbers. If something looks fishy you should ask M&M to look at it. I generally get 9-10 in the city (Bangalore traffic) and around 17 on the highway with speeds hovering around 100kmph
Mine is just about 1k on odo. Will check till first service if still the mileage is low then I check.
Old 21st March 2014, 11:56   #2552
BHPian

Do any XUV owners face issue on the mic of bluetooth. Mine gives lot of noise to the person on other sides. Primarily like wind blowing. In my scorpio earlier OEM bluetooth I never faced this issue.
Old 21st March 2014, 13:02   #2553
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
So my driving is mix of highways and city. I find city hovers around 11 to 11.5 but highway drops to 9 to 10. Sounds strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
That is very very strange, you should check mileage on a pure highway run and a pure city run to get the numbers. If something looks fishy you should ask M&M to look at it. I generally get 9-10 in the city (Bangalore traffic) and around 17 on the highway with speeds hovering around 100kmph
Which method are you guys using to measure the mileage? Is it the DIS recorded value or full tank method or something else?
Old 21st March 2014, 13:56   #2554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_a_u_r_a_b_h View Post
Which method are you guys using to measure the mileage? Is it the DIS recorded value or full tank method or something else?
Full tank method is what I use. There is this OEM mileage meter.
Old 21st March 2014, 14:18   #2555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_a_u_r_a_b_h View Post
Full tank method, the IS is not really accurate
Old 22nd March 2014, 01:02   #2556
BHPian

During my recent drive to siliguri and beyond the IS showed somehwere between 16 to 18 kmpl, on tanking up found its 15.3. I would say thats decent
Old 22nd March 2014, 18:30   #2557
BHPian

Xuv owners, has anyone of you taken extended warranty. Is it available from the company.
Old 22nd March 2014, 18:36   #2558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Xuv owners, has anyone of you taken extended warranty. Is it available from the company.
There is No extended warranty. Only standard warranty of 3yrs/ 100,000 kms.
Old 22nd March 2014, 18:40   #2559
BHPian

Quote:
Do any XUV owners face issue on the mic of bluetooth. Mine gives lot of noise to the person on other sides. Primarily like wind blowing. In my scorpio earlier OEM bluetooth I never faced this issue.
Yup,

The mic clarity in the bluetooth isn't the best. I also frequently get complaints from whoever is on the other end about disturbance in my voice.

Have not really followed up and got it checked from M&M though.

Please update here in case you find a solution to this.

Cheerz
Old 22nd March 2014, 19:08   #2560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Yup,

The mic clarity in the bluetooth isn't the best. I also frequently get complaints from whoever is on the other end about disturbance in my voice.

Have not really followed up and got it checked from M&M though.

Please update here in case you find a solution to this.

Cheerz
Will need to get it checked from nippon guys I suppose.
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:30   #2561

Hi,

My XUV's AC was not cooling effectively. So the driver got gas topped up.

SInce the last few days there's a sporadic rattling sound from the engine front right side, specifically if the AC is turned on.

I also get a ECU fault code P16A1 on my Torque app.

Cant get details of this code (apparently its a custom code by Mahindra).

Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Is this a compressor failure (or impending one?).

The car's anyway going into the workshop tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th March 2014, 12:00   #2562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxgaze View Post
Hi,

My XUV's AC was not cooling effectively. So the driver got gas topped up.

SInce the last few days there's a sporadic rattling sound from the engine front right side, specifically if the AC is turned on.

I also get a ECU fault code P16A1 on my Torque app.

Cant get details of this code (apparently its a custom code by Mahindra).

Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Is this a compressor failure (or impending one?).

The car's anyway going into the workshop tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.
I too have observed a similar problem and have a rattling sound on the right side, but do not have any code/app. However the ac is functioning well.
Old 25th March 2014, 15:36   #2563
hps

Service manual for me too, please - hartejps@hotmail.com

I have done 5000km in my Silver XUV 500 W8.
Took it to for first service a few days back.
Following issues:-

(1) The front right power windows was making some squeaking sound when left 1/4 open. The svc advisor check it at diagnosed the motor speed governor to be faulty.

Solution - Replaced (prophylactic) both the front motors under warranty. The noise is gone but can now feel the vibrations from the motor in the accelerator pedal while the vehicle is stationary. Maybe they left out some dampers. Will get it checked.

(2) This one caused during the svc. Though the svc advisor asked me to remove all the loose items from the car, I still left the fragrance bottle (Godrej Gel Car Air freshener). It was in the cup holder in the center console. This product despite high on cost is a poor product. The Gel had separated into liquid and some wax like residue after about 20 days in the car.

Accidentally, the car wash guy moved the fragrance bottle and kept it on the dash. The liquid inside spilled a bit and drops fell on the buttons on the console.

Like a thinner for the paint it removed some of the paint off the phone button [Pic below] and caused some discoloration to some others.

Solution - I would like the button to be replaced (may not be free of cost). But, as per the service guy this is not feasible.

Not that it causes any functional issues. But, I always like to keep my cars in top shape both functionally and cosmetically. The red led back-light peeping from the edge of the phone button is particularly distracting during night.

Looking forward to some solution to this.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-button-damage.jpg  

Old 25th March 2014, 22:02   #2564
BHPian

Folks,

We are looking to buy a pre-owned XUV, given that we do not have a budget to go for a new one. What this implies is we can only consider the initial models (which cost around 11.5-12L in the pre-owned market in BLR for the W8 spec).

I understand that the initial batches had multiple issues which were resolved over time. What should i reasonably expect (or more so focus on) when looking for a pre-owned XUV from early 2012.

The vehicle should still be under warranty so should it still be a safe bet to go for a pre-owned vehicle with an expectation of facing problems, which however may be covered/addressed under warranty?

Thoughts?

Regards,
Sachin Nayak

PS - Honestly, our requirement is for a people mover to lug around 4 Adults + 2 Kids primarily in the city and occasionally (once in 4-5 months) for an outstation trip. Was looking around for an Innova, but with the price a pre-owned Innova commands, I think getting a pre-owned XUV makes more sense. I own a Tata Manza currently and am COMPLETELY SATISFIED with it, but we need more space to travel together (since we are pretty keen on driving with our kids in their car seats).
sachinayak is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 09:15   #2565
BHPian

Hi All,

Just wanted to share a incident I faced on the 19th of this month. I has starting for office and I see both the right Tyre s are flat, I went to the puncture repair shop with the tyres and they could find a nail in one and repaired the same. They filled air in them and said they should be fine. But in 24 hrs both the same ones were flat. I went to the India garage Service center at whitefield, after they check, they confirmed that there is a defect and they will replace both the tyre. Mine is a W4, Tyre is from Maxxis and I have clocked 7800 km at the time of the incident.

Photo:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-photo-2.jpg  

tirthankard77 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks