Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 16:33   #2356
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Restricts the supply to the fuel pump and when you suddenly gush the throttle, I would assume the fuel pump is not getting enough supply to up the pressure in the rail to your requirements and hence the vibrations.

I have faced this many times in the Swift D ( similar vibrations to what you are talking about, can feel it on the accelerator pedal, floor kinds) and a simple water removal from the fuel filter does the trick. I replace the fuel filter of course every 20 thousand km.
Thanks!

So, I will start troubleshooting with the most basic steps first and proceed to the difficult/expensive ones-

1) Wheel alignment and balancing
2) Fuel filter
3) Loose U-bolts
4) Engine/transmission mounts
5) Dual mass flywheel problem
Old 11th November 2013, 20:26   #2357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Thanks!

So, I will start troubleshooting with the most basic steps first and proceed to the difficult/expensive ones-

2) Fuel filter
3) Loose U-bolts
Hi Raj,

Please update here once you get to the bottom of the vibrations issue.

I am quite curious to know the cause.

Thanks in advance!

Cheeeerzz

Last edited by Sisu : 11th November 2013 at 20:28.
Sisu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 12:01   #2358
Senior - BHPian

Bad luck strikes again!

As if the vibration problem was not enough, there is a new one now - my car's intrusion alarm is triggered automatically and randomly, disturbing the entire neighborhood. I guess its the infamous bonnet sensor playing games with my car too.

Guys, is this replaced under warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi Raj,

Please update here once you get to the bottom of the vibrations issue.

I am quite curious to know the cause.

Thanks in advance!

Cheeeerzz
Sure, my Civic is in the Honda A.S.S. for a warranty replacement. As soon as it comes, I will hand over the XUV to M&M's A.S.S. and update about the issue.
Old 12th November 2013, 13:56   #2359
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bad luck strikes again!

As if the vibration problem was not enough, there is a new one now - my car's intrusion alarm is triggered automatically and randomly, disturbing the entire neighborhood. I guess its the infamous bonnet sensor playing games with my car too.

Guys, is this replaced under warranty?

Yes, its covered under warranty. It might not need a replacement of the sensor/trigger. Sometimes its just cleaning and re-aligning.

As a temporary solution, try the following: Press the lock button on the remote key and keep it pressed for 5-10 seconds, till you get a audible notification from the car. This disables the alarm. This way, the neighbourhood can sleep peacefully till you get the sensor fixed from the a.s.s.
SDP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 14:21   #2360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Yes, its covered under warranty. It might not need a replacement of the sensor/trigger. Sometimes its just cleaning and re-aligning.

As a temporary solution, try the following: Press the lock button on the remote key and keep it pressed for 5-10 seconds, till you get a audible notification from the car. This disables the alarm. This way, the neighbourhood can sleep peacefully till you get the sensor fixed from the a.s.s.
Does that disable the alarm/hooter only or will it disarm the immobilizer as well?
Old 12th November 2013, 19:35   #2361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUDRA View Post
Hi Guys,

I am facing a new issue with my Beast. hope fully you can suggest a solution.

1. when riding on clutch engine rpm automatically increases without accelerator being depressed.
2. also while driving when I release the accelerator the car does not decelerate but just continues as though the accelerator is still depressed.

It's pretty scary taking the car out on highways and I have to practically apply brakes to decelerate the vehicle.

PS: I took the vehicle to India garage-whitefield, they could not fix it. looks like they are not sure what the problem is.

Any help on this is appreciated.
Further to all the above explnations, I though I should share my observations.
The car will maintain an RPM of around 900.
In 1st its about 5-10kmph
2nd = 15kmph
3rd = 30kmph
4th = 40kmph
5th = 50kmph
6th = 60kmph
So as you will see the cruze control limits are set higher.
Old 12th November 2013, 21:14   #2362
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does that disable the alarm/hooter only or will it disarm the immobilizer as well?
Should not. Tried it and the lights blinking part associated with the alarm going off still works as is even when the alarm is muted. So I guess, the disabling is limited to just muting the alarm and all other functionality still works as is.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 12:56   #2363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The last time I posted this, I got no response. I am posting it again since I need to know if any members are in the same situation like me -

My XUV has 3 issues all are irritating ones-

1) As mentioned above, I cannot floor the throttle of my car. If I do so, it is accompanied by a harsh resonating sound and vibrations through the entire body, including the boot! The last time I mentioned this to the A.S.S. (Infinity Autolinks), they replaced the air filter (!!!) but as expected, it did not solve the problem.

2) When I rev the car in lower speeds and higher gear (say from 30-40 kmph in 5th gear), I can hear a strange knocking like sound (something like a bolt or chain is loose somewhere) from the bonnet. Again, this has been unsolved.

3) I can hear a noise while idling (something rubbing inside the bonnet). I asked my SA to check if its the siren, but he claims the siren is perfect.
Quote:
Thanks!

2) Fuel filter
3) Loose U-bolts
With respect to the above issues, I took the first step today - got the wheel alignment and balancing done.

There was not much of a problem in the alignment but the balancing had to be rectified.

However, this did not solve the issue.

My main concern right now is points 1 and 2. Point 3 is clearly coming from the A/C blower.

I am thinking of taking my car to a competent garage outside. For the A/C blower, I can take the car to some A/C mechanic itself instead of the incompetent A.S.S.

If the faults are identified, then I will take the car to the A.S.S. and get them repair/replace the part.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 01:01   #2364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With respect to the above issues, I took the first step today - got the wheel alignment and balancing done.

There was not much of a problem in the alignment but the balancing had to be rectified.

However, this did not solve the issue.

My main concern right now is points 1 and 2. Point 3 is clearly coming from the A/C blower.

I am thinking of taking my car to a competent garage outside. For the A/C blower, I can take the car to some A/C mechanic itself instead of the incompetent A.S.S.

If the faults are identified, then I will take the car to the A.S.S. and get them repair/replace the part.
I tried these things on my initial XUV (first batch) and i didnt face any problem in this. Looks like its something wrong with your vehicle. Please have a thorough check on it and report back here with your findings.
Old 14th November 2013, 12:34   #2365
BHPian

Quote:
I will tell you a scenario -

Say you are driving at 50 kmph in 3rd gear. Now for some reason, you need to brake and the vehicle slows down to say 30 kmph. Now XUV's engine is very much capable for pulling cleanly from 30 kmph in 3rd gear. If you give a normal throttle input, the car pulls cleanly and normally, without any glitch. But if suppose the road ahead is empty and you want to floor the throttle, that is where the problem arises - the car vibrates like hell.

What I mean is - I am well aware of the knocking which happens in lower speeds and higher rpm. I dont lug the engine and I change the gears well within the reasonable rpm. But this vibration happens only when you floor the throttle, you can hear it louder when you are in lower speeds and higher gears.
I was driving in 6th gear, decreased the speed to less than 50 and then floored the throttle, but did not experience any sort of unwanted / obtrusive noise as you've mentioned in earlier posts. RPM was well below 1300, if I remember correctly. Now let me check in 3rd gear also. Does this happen only in 3rd gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I tried these things on my initial XUV (first batch) and i didnt face any problem in this. Looks like its something wrong with your vehicle. Please have a thorough check on it and report back here with your findings.
As far I remember Raj's vehicle is a may 2012 manufactured so cannot be defined as initial batch one.
Old 14th November 2013, 13:05   #2366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post

As far I remember Raj's vehicle is a may 2012 manufactured so cannot be defined as initial batch one.
What I meant to say was if my xuv which is from first batch, does not have this problem then definitely something wrong in his vehicle. I know his xuv is 2012 model.
Old 14th November 2013, 18:26   #2367
BHPian

Facing a new issue from yesterday:

After a few kms of drive, when the engine is shut off and key removed, a loud humming sound continue to persist for a couple of seconds (approx 10 secs). The sound is something similar to an ATM machine dispensing cash. Approximately located the sound source behind the air filter. I am aware of the radiator fan noise and it is definitely not that. Checked the ECU for any DTC code, I could find none. Also checked the hooter , it is intact. So this time it is the fuel pump? Anyone else faced similar issue?

HCP
Old 15th November 2013, 17:10   #2368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
I was driving in 6th gear, decreased the speed to less than 50 and then floored the throttle, but did not experience any sort of unwanted / obtrusive noise as you've mentioned in earlier posts. RPM was well below 1300, if I remember correctly. Now let me check in 3rd gear also. Does this happen only in 3rd gear?
It happens in every gear, even first!

I decided that I will talk my car to a outside garage rather than the incompetent A.S.S.

I spoke to Jatin (Wagen Werkz) and hopefully I will meet him on Monday. He says it can also be the clutch, which can be on it's last legs. All this in a 25k driven XUV!
Old 15th November 2013, 22:37   #2369
BHPian

In case anyone has been wondering, this video shows the location and access to the cabin air filter.
mdsaif92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 23:03   #2370
BHPian

Hi friends
I did get my W8 AWD for the first service on the 12th(after fixing a appointment a week back, 5116 kms). I did ask the SA what were the replacements to be carried out during the first visit. I did do my home work before i did go to the service center, as per the manual (thanks to Heavy Horse), xuv app on my phone, it was clear that engine oil, gearbox oil, PTU oil, rear differential oil has to be changed. I was surprised to hear from the SA that only engine oil and oil filter had to be changed. I did show him the supporting proof and asked him to change as per the manual. I further insisted that I would pay the amount for all the oil changes. I did take back the vehicle late in the evening, when my SA had already left home after paying a bill of Rs 2016 (bill attached). When i reached home and checked the bill I was angered to see only the engine oil & filter replaced. Is it that the company has very recently modified the list of things to be done at first service or its again a case of casualness, indifferent attitude form the service center. I do feel that the brakes in my vehicle is spongy when applied in emergencies. It is very good when the pedal is pumped twice (suspecting a problem in the master cylinder/booster???). When I brought this to the notice of the SA(asking him to take a test drive and feel for the braking response) I was told that brake pad cleaning would sort the issue. I suspect if at all any cleaning would help at all.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf first service.pdf (460.1 KB, 576 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks