Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 20:50   #2296

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
So SDP , you are suggesting that I try making the system re-learn . Let me try and see if the issue gets resolved. Has anyone done it previously. Is there anything specific to do other than pressing the button on left side of the odo meter (which I understand is for TPMS re-learning ). Any specifics to be taken care off before doing it.

FundaG

Yes, we have to make it re-learn. I had gone through this problem recently. I have tyre balancing done and then I had puncture in one tyre. It shows low pressure in wrong tyre and i was misguided for long time. finally I figured out that its software issue. Unfortunately, service team did not train the system after balancing which they should do. And we can not make it relearn with out their help though the document has the procedure.

Note from Support: Please perform a spell-check before posting. Thanks!
Old 24th October 2013, 18:50   #2297
Senior - BHPian

This stupid bonnet sensor is back at work within 2 weeks of getting it rectified. Since yesterday i am again getting "Bonnet Open" message

This time i will have this sensor removed for good when i take my car for 40K service, which would be due in months time i guess.

Also, i was finally able to figure out bout the Siren. Its not their any more Now just hope that it had fallen off and not sitting inside engine bay.

Question is should i get the new one added in and then again live with this fear of it falling off or should i let it be as it is and live without worrying. Confused.
Old 24th October 2013, 19:28   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Also, i was finally able to figure out bout the Siren. Its not their any more Now just hope that it had fallen off and not sitting inside engine bay.

Question is should i get the new one added in and then again live with this fear of it falling off or should i let it be as it is and live without worrying. Confused.
The siren is not easy to see or locate. Please take your XUV to the A.S.C. to get confirmation whether it is there or not. Are you not getting any sound while locking / unlocking your car and reversing?

If your siren has fallen off then you will have two main problems :
  1. Your intrusion alarm system will become useless as there will be no audible alarm if someone tries to steal your car or break into your car.
  2. There will be no audible alarm during reversing.
I'll certainly recommend that you get your siren replaced. The new ones, hopefully, don't have the tendency to come off.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 20:10   #2299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
The siren is not easy to see or locate. Please take your XUV to the A.S.C. to get confirmation whether it is there or not. Are you not getting any sound while locking / unlocking your car and reversing?

If your siren has fallen off then you will have two main problems :
  1. Your intrusion alarm system will become useless as there will be no audible alarm if someone tries to steal your car or break into your car.
  2. There will be no audible alarm during reversing.
I'll certainly recommend that you get your siren replaced. The new ones, hopefully, don't have the tendency to come off.
No sir, i have never heard this siren when locking/unlocking. Infact if i remember correctly, XUV auto lock system didnt used to sound while doing so, its only when the door is open or forced open, they used to sound. Maybe in latest batches they corrected this, not sure.

Well i think i found the place where this siren should have been and it seems missing. I agree with your point that if i have this removed, it wont sound if someone tries to barge in. However, these days crooks knows which car has auto lock system and they know who to deal with it, so i dont see much of a difference having this. Nothing like good old gear lock/handle lock Thats why confused.
As for reversing siren, i would never in my wildest dream would have this thing switched on, its just noise pollution in my opinion.

Also sir, do you know if this bonnet sensor can be removed if at all? Just the bonnet one.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 24th October 2013, 20:26   #2300
BHPian

Quote:

No sir, i have never heard this siren when locking/unlocking. Infact if i remember correctly, XUV auto lock system didnt used to sound while doing so, its only when the door is open or forced open, they used to sound. Maybe in latest batches they corrected this, not sure.

Well i think i found the place where this siren should have been and it seems missing. I agree with your point that if i have this removed, it wont sound if someone tries to barge in. However, these days crooks knows which car has auto lock system and they know who to deal with it, so i dont see much of a difference having this. Nothing like good old gear lock/handle lock Thats why confused.
As for reversing siren, i would never in my wildest dream would have this thing switched on, its just noise pollution in my opinion.

Also sir, do you know if this bonnet sensor can be removed if at all? Just the bonnet one.
Thanks for the advice.
Removal of the sensor should be very easy but then you don't want the 'bonnet open' warning coming all the time. I have no idea whether the bonnet sensor can be isolated from the driver information system.

IMHO, the better option would be to replace the sensor under warranty.
Old 24th October 2013, 20:50   #2301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Removal of the sensor should be very easy but then you don't want the 'bonnet open' warning coming all the time. I have no idea whether the bonnet sensor can be isolated from the driver information system.

IMHO, the better option would be to replace the sensor under warranty.
Hmm point. Not sure if removing sensor would eliminate screen warning too. I guess i will ask my RM if this is possible, if not, then will have this replaced. Last time when i complained about this, RM said that sensor is fine its the other thing (dont remember what it was) is at fault. The reason i am inclined towards removal is due to the fact that my daily commute includes hell lot of off-roading with bad to no roads. Maybe thats why this sensor goes off all the time.
Old 24th October 2013, 21:02   #2302
BHPian

Quote:

Hmm point. Not sure if removing sensor would eliminate screen warning too. I guess i will ask my RM if this is possible, if not, then will have this replaced. Last time when i complained about this, RM said that sensor is fine its the other thing (dont remember what it was) is at fault. The reason i am inclined towards removal is due to the fact that my daily commute includes hell lot of off-roading with bad to no roads. Maybe thats why this sensor goes off all the time.
Something is obviously wrong in your car which M&M have to set right under warranty. My XUV has also been on pretty bad roads but I never had this 'bonnet open' issue except once when the car was brand new and probably the bonnet had not been closed properly.

IMHO, the solution to all problems in your car is not learning to live without the utility afflicted by the problem (you are already mentally prepared to live without intrusion detection system and bonnet open warning). You must insist that your ASC should set everything right. Maybe a little more patience is all that is needed.
Old 24th October 2013, 21:21   #2303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Something is obviously wrong in your car which M&M have to set right under warranty. My XUV has also been on pretty bad roads but I never had this 'bonnet open' issue except once when the car was brand new and probably the bonnet had not been closed properly.

IMHO, the solution to all problems in your car is not learning to live without the utility afflicted by the problem (you are already mentally prepared to live without intrusion detection system and bonnet open warning). You must insist that your ASC should set everything right. Maybe a little more patience is all that is needed.
Agreed sir, solution is to get things right and not ignore it.

However i also cannot ignore the fact that driving on bad/no road once a while is quite different than driving everyday continuously for 2 years on bad/no roads would defiantly effect more.
Old 24th October 2013, 22:36   #2304
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed sir, solution is to get things right and not ignore it.

However i also cannot ignore the fact that driving on bad/no road once a while is quite different than driving everyday continuously for 2 years on bad/no roads would defiantly effect more.
I'ts quite simple. The switch is on the right side as shoen in the picture.

You just need to remove the same and clean it with a little wd40. then ensure that the connector is not making contact with the body.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-bonnet-switch.jpg  

Gerardfdz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 23:39   #2305
BHPian

This morning I found my windscreen cracked. The car was parked since 1700hrs last evening. (see photo). No one plays on the field.
Not sure how it happened, but there was a very very tiny dot (see pic) that appears to be the point of impact from where the crack originated both up and down wards.
In the past I have had a piece of tyre, and small stones thrown off from the truck/ vehicle ahead, and never spotted, even a dot.
How many here have had their windscreens replaced due to crack(s).
Also if it were a toughened glass - why did it not star up instead get a long vertical crack, which became even longer while removing?

PS -I had the glass replaced under insurance.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-parking-place..jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-crack.jpg  

Last edited by Gerardfdz : 24th October 2013 at 23:40.
Gerardfdz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 00:18   #2306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
This morning I found my windscreen cracked. The car was parked since 1700hrs last evening. (see photo). No one plays on the field.
Not sure how it happened, but there was a very very tiny dot (see pic) that appears to be the point of impact from where the crack originated both up and down wards.
In the past I have had a piece of tyre, and small stones thrown off from the truck/ vehicle ahead, and never spotted, even a dot.
How many here have had their windscreens replaced due to crack(s).
Also if it were a toughened glass - why did it not star up instead get a long vertical crack, which became even longer while removing?

PS -I had the glass replaced under insurance.
I too have 2 small spots/cracks on my XUV but not changing it since it has not resulted in a crack like this. Will wait till it becomes like this then will replace.

My Ford Fiesta had a small spot like this due to stone. For few months it remained like that however once all of a sudden, it converted into a long crack, which kept on increasing till the time i had to replace it.

By the way, how much did you pay (if at all you did) under insurance? And was it Zero Dep?
Old 25th October 2013, 01:23   #2307
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, how much did you pay (if at all you did) under insurance? And was it Zero Dep?
It cost including the sensor 13500/- . but i paid 2000/- as i have zero dep.
Gerardfdz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 15:02   #2308

Quote:
Looks to me, someone used a air rifle to shoot at your windscreen. Though it can be something which was damaged by hitting with a sharp object.
Old 25th October 2013, 20:45   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
This morning I found my windscreen cracked. The car was parked since 1700hrs last evening. (see photo). No one plays on the field. Not sure how it happened, but there was a very very tiny dot (see pic) that appears to be the point of impact from where the crack originated both up and down wards. In the past I have had a piece of tyre, and small stones thrown off from the truck/ vehicle ahead, and never spotted, even a dot. How many here have had their windscreens replaced due to crack(s). Also if it were a toughened glass - why did it not star up instead get a long vertical crack, which became even longer while removing? PS -I had the glass replaced under insurance.
I got the windscreen replaced third time in last two years. The crack was a little spot crack which eventually grew longer over the period of time and needed replacement. My brother in law's XUV too developed a crack.
Mahindra must take note of such inferior quality windscreen glass and provide a better quality instead.
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 11:12   #2310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
I got the windscreen replaced third time in last two years. The crack was a little spot crack which eventually grew longer over the period of time and needed replacement. My brother in law's XUV too developed a crack.
Mahindra must take note of such inferior quality windscreen glass and provide a better quality instead.
I also had a cracked windshield last month. Happened due to a flying pebble from the Land Rover Discovery 4 that was travelling ahead of me and pulled over to right most lane at 140+ kmph for taking a U turn. There were so much loose gravel close to the median on the newly laid road, and the Discovery didn't have mud flaps on it. Though the crack was very small spot, it was right in front of eye and bit disturbance during night travel, replaced it. Total bill 13500, paid 2K from pocket, since I had Windshield added coverage, which was taken for 200 RS, with this cover will not loose No Claim Bonus for next renewal. Only clause was the claim should only be for the windshield and no other body damage or third party claims.

What I know from a discussion with Windshield experts in Bangalore is, the glass in itself is not of a low quality. It is manufactured by AIS as many other cars in India. But due to the height of the vehicle there are high chance that it can hit by stones very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by challasravi View Post
Looks to me, someone used a air rifle to shoot at your windscreen. Though it can be something which was damaged by hitting with a sharp object.
This is how it appeared in my car when it hit by flying pebble at high speeds. In his case, most likely at the time of incident there was only a small spot, so didn't notice it immediately, developed to a crack due to vehicle parked at direct sunlight.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 26th October 2013 at 11:21.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks