Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 12:07   #2251

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Try some cotton dipped in petrol. I have used it quite effectively on the back of my mobile, that had similar glue.
Petrol usually works on most glues which are left by scratch guards. The other options are absolute alcohol (spirit available in pharmacy) and pain thinner (last option). Be careful with the paint thinner.
Old 8th October 2013, 19:14   #2252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post

Actually i totally forgot to mention this to RM yesterday when my car went for lowbeam, fog light and bonnet sensor replacement.

But then this brings up another question. Since my daily drive includes lot of Off-roading and really bad roads, i really doubt if that siren is still there. And if that siren has broken, it would have fallen off completely and out of the engine bay by now. Infact the kind of bad roads i use daily resulted in fog light getting misaligned (as told by RM). So my guess is, either its still hanging there where it should be or it has completely knocked out of engine bay.
Its rather simple to check if the hooter is still there or not. It is situated on the right side underthe coolant box & bracket
Gerardfdz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 22:05   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Try some cotton dipped in petrol. I have used it quite effectively on the back of my mobile, that had similar glue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by challasravi View Post
Petrol usually works on most glues which are left by scratch guards. The other options are absolute alcohol (spirit available in pharmacy) and pain thinner (last option). Be careful with the paint thinner.
I think I will take it to the A.S.S in the current condition and check out the possibility of a screen replacement before trying anything else. Dont want to cause any further damage to the screen that will be termed as warranty loss. Will keep posted on how it went and then maybe ......

FundaG
Old 8th October 2013, 23:07   #2254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
Its rather simple to check if the hooter is still there or not. It is situated on the right side underthe coolant box & bracket
I did try to locate it but i couldnt find it as i knew it was on the rightside. Will try to see it again in daylight. If possible can you click a pic and upload here to show me how its visible from above?
Old 8th October 2013, 23:09   #2255
BHPian

Quote:

I did try to locate it but i couldnt find it as i knew it was on the rightside. Will try to see it again in daylight. If possible can you click a pic and upload here to show me how its visible from above?
I have put up a few photos of the siren a few posts above. Its right below the power-steering oil tank.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 23:12   #2256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
I have put up a few photos of the siren a few posts above. Its right below the power-steering oil tank.
Saw that but i thought you had removed few parts from above to show it clearly, isnt it so?
Old 8th October 2013, 23:15   #2257
BHPian

Quote:

Saw that but i thought you had removed few parts from above to show it clearly, isnt it so?
Just the headlight was taken out to replace the LED that went kaput last week. Thought it was the correct time to take snaps of the new siren. It is really difficult to see it directly from above..
Old 8th October 2013, 23:53   #2258
Senior - BHPian

Ok so i couldnt wait till morning to findout this suspense hence here it goes. It seems that i still have this black little thing hiding behind coolent box. However it seems that this hooter is very well screwed up from few joints. Doesnt seem like it would fall off so easly, look at the last pick which shows the screw.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131008_235237.png
Views: 1915
Size:  303.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131008_235256.png
Views: 1755
Size:  261.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131008_235307.png
Views: 1789
Size:  241.8 KB
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 08:03   #2259
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ok so i couldnt wait till morning to findout this suspense hence here it goes. It seems that i still have this black little thing hiding behind coolent box. However it seems that this hooter is very well screwed up from few joints. Doesnt seem like it would fall off so easly, look at the last pick which shows the screw.

Nitin, the problem is not with the screws. The screws and the bracket remains tight on the frame while the plastic hinge of the siren gives up.

Posting a link to Debuda's very informative thread's specific post which has explanatory pictures.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3060918
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 09:37   #2260
Senior - BHPian

My sincere advice to the owners is that they should rush to the dealer to have this hooter clamp inspected/changed without any delay.

It is a good ride and you want to keep your experience that ways, so please do not ignore some critical updates.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 11:45   #2261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Nitin, the problem is not with the screws. The screws and the bracket remains tight on the frame while the plastic hinge of the siren gives up. Posting a link to Debuda's very informative thread's specific post which has explanatory pictures. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3060918
You are absolutely right about that. I too asked this when they were replacing mine, for this their answer was a plastic tag (like the ones put on shopping bags and wheel caps) connecting the siren and the metal bracket. If in case the hooter breaks off it would not fall on the belt. We would have to figure out something is wrong by keenly looking out for the rattling siren in case it falls off the bracket.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 11:50   #2262
BANNED

nitinralli, in your image the black little thing hiding behind coolent box is not hooter. It is below that black little thing. For your reference i am attaching pic of the hooter
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-hooter.jpg  

bp74 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 18:41   #2263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp74 View Post
nitinralli, in your image the black little thing hiding behind coolent box is not hooter. It is below that black little thing. For your reference i am attaching pic of the hooter
Hmm, i guess you are right. The one i saw is infact not the hooter

I cant see hooter because of steering oil box above it, so i guess i have to wait for next service when i solve this mysterious black thing.
As rightly said by someone, their's never a DULL moment with XUV
Old 10th October 2013, 02:01   #2264
BHPian

Quote:

I cant see hooter because of steering oil box above it,
Nitin, if you are just trying to establish whether the hooter is still in your car, probably the best way is to leave a door open and try and lock it. If you hear a beep, it's there and working.

Does this make sense or have I missed something ?
Heavy Horse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 11:42   #2265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Nitin, if you are just trying to establish whether the hooter is still in your car, probably the best way is to leave a door open and try and lock it. If you hear a beep, it's there and working.

Does this make sense or have I missed something ?
I was going to suggest the same thing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks