Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 14:48   #2221
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post

Mahindra resolved the issue ASAP but the problem is that this issue is a known one and Mahindra needs to order a recall to fix it.

Moral of the story : please drive carefully and also ask the asc to check and/or replace the hooter mounting whenever you take it in for a service
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
This is really bad. When they know the issue exists and know the most common repurcussions (accessories belt snapping) which could endanger the life of the vehicle occupants, a recall should have been made ages back.

M&M guys, you are risking the life of your customers and their families because of your false pride about your reputation! Not cool!

The hooter issue has been around for quite some time and would be faced by almost everyone with the models older than I think 4-6 months. I also had asked my RM sometime back to check its state and he came back saying it was in very good condition and needs no replacement as long as there is no issue. And I did not push further trusting his words on the very good current state. After less than a week or 2, on an occasional checkup, I find the hooter broken and hanging. By luck, it had not damaged anything else. So I would recommend everyone to check if the holder of the hooter is the new design and get it replaced if not, irrespective of the current condition of the holder. Rather then waiting for something serious to happen like in dipeesh case.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 15:13   #2222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
The hooter issue has been around for quite some time and would be faced by almost everyone with the models older than I think 4-6 months. I also had asked my RM sometime back to check its state and he came back saying it was in very good condition and needs no replacement as long as there is no issue. And I did not push further trusting his words on the very good current state. After less than a week or 2, on an occasional checkup, I find the hooter broken and hanging. By luck, it had not damaged anything else. So I would recommend everyone to check if the holder of the hooter is the new design and get it replaced if not, irrespective of the current condition of the holder. Rather then waiting for something serious to happen like in dipeesh case. FundaG
The hooter was changed in my vehicle after i insisted on them changing it. My new hooter has a metal bracket holding it to the chassis instead of the prone to breakage plastic bracket. Also i asked them to put a plastic tie to make doubly sure it does not fall off.
Old 26th September 2013, 21:51   #2223
Senior - BHPian

This hooter things brings up a question in my head. Why cant we place this hooter somewhere else when we go for a replacement? Ideal place would be in front of the radiator. I already have a siren placed there since day one and i never faced any issue ( i mean its solidly placed there). Cant this be done?
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 08:59   #2224
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Had a bit of hair raising incident last week when on the sea link, the steering jammed.

The hooter for the security system broke off and in turn snapped the accessory belt. The result was I couldn't steer. Luckily I was only doing about 80 kmph but any faster it could have been catastrophic.

Mahindra resolved the issue ASAP but the problem is that this issue is a known one and Mahindra needs to order a recall to fix it.
If I recollect correctly, you had escalated this incident high in the M&M hierarchy. Please share how was this whole incident handled by M&M? What sort of reasoning was given? Is M&M planning to do anything? Do they just want to wait around watching their customers risk their lives, because they do not have a sense of ownership towards the design faults in a few parts of the vehicle?
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 09:34   #2225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The hooter for the security system broke off and in turn snapped the accessory belt
This is absolutely scary! Why is M&M waiting to change this low cost holder to ensure the customers are safe?

Having great customer service after the damage is done does not solve the low quality or bad design equipment concern.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 11:14   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
If I recollect correctly, you had escalated this incident high in the M&M hierarchy. Please share how was this whole incident handled by M&M? What sort of reasoning was given?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
The hooter was changed in my vehicle after i insisted on them changing it. My new hooter has a metal bracket holding it to the chassis instead of the prone to breakage plastic bracket. Also i asked them to put a plastic tie to make doubly sure it does not fall off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
This is absolutely scary! Why is M&M waiting to change this low cost holder to ensure the customers are safe?

Having great customer service after the damage is done does not solve the low quality or bad design equipment concern.

Seeing these alarming posts, I contacted my RM, today. She told me that they had already done the change, and as of now my vehicle has hooter with metal bracket.

If it so, then I'm glad they did it pro actively , but could've informed me.

Also would like to reiterate, Mine is a Aug 2012 Vehicle, till now I had excellent experience from service centre.

And I've not faced any so called niggles as mentioned in this thread. Let's hope it stays so. Touch Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
This hooter things brings up a question in my head. Why cant we place this hooter somewhere else when we go for a replacement? Ideal place would be in front of the radiator. I already have a siren placed there since day one and i never faced any issue ( i mean its solidly placed there). Cant this be done?

When I mentioned change of location of hooter, she told me as of now M&M have not instructed such, but can be done at owner's risk.

Last edited by Vasuki : 27th September 2013 at 11:15.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 19:43   #2227
Senior - BHPian

So the horror of bulbs going kaput returns

I already lost left side fog light few weeks back and yesterday left side low beam too went off. So now at night with low beams on, only right side lights works. Traffic from front must be thinking that a scooter or a bike is coming

Did anyone had any luck with bulb replacement from local garage? I dont wanna go to Mahindra A.S.S. just for this but i really need to fix this as i drive at night a lot.

Last edited by nitinralli : 27th September 2013 at 19:44.
Old 28th September 2013, 22:06   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
So the horror of bulbs going kaput returns

I already lost left side fog light few weeks back and yesterday left side low beam too went off. So now at night with low beams on, only right side lights works. Traffic from front must be thinking that a scooter or a bike is coming

Did anyone had any luck with bulb replacement from local garage? I dont wanna go to Mahindra A.S.S. just for this but i really need to fix this as i drive at night a lot.
You really need to find the root cause for this problem. Did you ask the A.S.S to check the wiring. If there is any short causing this fusing. Cos from what I understand I dont think anyone else is losing bulbs the way you are doing. So believe it is high time you got it checked inside out.

FundaG
Old 30th September 2013, 15:07   #2229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Seeing these alarming posts, I contacted my RM, today. She told me that they had already done the change, and as of now my vehicle has hooter with metal bracket.
How do I check that i have the latest one ? can someone please post a picture of this ?
Old 30th September 2013, 15:14   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
How do I check that i have the latest one ? can someone please post a picture of this ?
Pls refer this post :http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3011490

and

Also page number 100.
Old 30th September 2013, 18:35   #2231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
You really need to find the root cause for this problem. Did you ask the A.S.S to check the wiring. If there is any short causing this fusing. Cos from what I understand I dont think anyone else is losing bulbs the way you are doing. So believe it is high time you got it checked inside out.

FundaG
I would ask service guy about this. However i do see a lot, i mean a LOT of XUV's here with one black eye so i dont think i am the only soul going through this.
Old 30th September 2013, 20:41   #2232
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I would ask service guy about this. However i do see a lot, i mean a LOT of XUV's here with one black eye so i dont think i am the only soul going through this.
I would agree. I have never used Auto-headlights and still have managed to lose one low-beam bulb.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 20:48   #2233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would agree. I have never used Auto-headlights and still have managed to lose one low-beam bulb.
Same here, i have never used Auto headlights still this. Though i remember once by accident the autolight switch got activated resulting car to stop (this was at night). Next day, one of the headlight conked off.
Old 1st October 2013, 00:04   #2234
BHPian

Quote:
I think this has nothing to do with Auto light. The bulb used is Blue vision from Philips and that by specification itself is a short life span bulb compared to normal halogens.

Try Philips Extreme vision bulbs. I am using it for more than 6 months and didnt have any issues. Also light output is slightly better than BV (May be due to clear glass).

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 1st October 2013 at 00:07.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 00:09   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I think this has nothing to do with Auto light. The bulb used is Blue vision from Philips and that by specification itself is a short life span bulb compared to normal halogens.

Try Philips Extreme vision bulbs. I am using it for more than 6 months and didnt have any issues. Also light output is slightly better than BV (May be due to clear glass).
I don't know, but I've been using stocks for last 12 months and till now no issues. May be because, I don't use auto feature at all.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks