Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 09:47   #2161
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
Dear SDP,

There is a FB group of XUV 500 members where there is a discussion going on about HID kits. One of the updates on the thread mentions that H7 4200K is no longer sold by Philips in India and people are trying to buy H7 6000K in bulk. I think they are all looking to buy H7, not sure if they have thought about H1 / H11 types
Thanks shrk_18! I have initiated a request to join that group. Hopefully I should be a member there in a coulpe of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
As far as i know, these H1,7,11 are all different bulbs for different use. I think H7 is for Low beam, H11 for High beam and H1 for Fog lights. So if you want to have low beam replaced then you would have to go for H7 only.

As for brightness, i would suggest you to go for 4200K only. They are very good in harsh conditions like Fog, rain etc. Higher you go, more whiter it gets, resulting in more show off than practical usage. If you dont get it from Philips, try another company i.e. Osram (if thats how its spelled).

I dont think you would need relay, bulbs with ballasts will do.
Thanks Nitin! That helps! I did look at the static-bending bulb that I had with me - the one that fused in the first week of ownership. It indeed mentions H1 on the back. Would check the owners manual later today to confirm H7 in low-beam. But I am pretty sure that you are right about it being the H7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
H1 / H7 / H11 denotes the socket type of the bulb. Your headlight will be designed to accept only a particular socket type, so without the reflector modification another socket cannot be fixed in to the reflector to produce any usable light output.

So you will have to go by manual and choose a socket type. For XUV low beam is H7, so will have to stick with it.

thanks
HCP
Thats very useful HCP! Learnt something new. Thanks!

Last edited by SDP : 22nd August 2013 at 09:49.
Old 23rd August 2013, 17:51   #2162
BHPian

@SDP:

Sorry for getting back late to you. My answers are below:

1. Whats the difference between H1, H7 and H11?
Already answered. Different bulb standards used as per application.

2. For a particular car, let's say the XUV5OO, how does one decide which bulb to go for H1 or H7 or H11? Is the low-beam projector setup in XUV designed to take only H7 or can it take H1/H11 as well?

Already answered. H7's are low beam types used in XUV so only H7 type bulb can be used.

3. I am specificaly interested in 4200K temperature. Have marked 3 options (H1, H7 and H11) in 4200K listed on the site. Are these really available with a regular retailer? For us XUV users only H7 is of interest. 4200k is readly available with leading car shop in major cities. Best option would to contact your local distributor who is contactable via the Philips website.

4. You got H7-6000K-35W bulbs. Are there H7-6000K-50W bulbs? How about 50W bulbs in 4200K range (H1/H7/H11)? Yes I did get H7-6000k bulbs and ballasts,both rated for 35w. H7-6000k and H7-4200k 50W kits are also availble but have to be imported. I feel 50w kits would be amazing (Yea dil mange more).

5. The kit contains bulbs and ballasts. Do we need relay and/or canceller as well? Relay and cancellers are not required. Only bulb and ballast kit is required.

Meanwhile, I had my XUV first service yesterday. Oil and oil filter changed. The bill was just Rs1500!! My map software was updated to v8.0.

And the biggest news, I have got factory service manuals, wiring diagrams;basically the entire documentation in hand now .
shibu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 18:40   #2163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibu View Post
And the biggest news, I have got factory service manuals, wiring diagrams;basically the entire documentation in hand now .
Excellent

When do we get to see it
Old 23rd August 2013, 22:43   #2164
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@SDP:

Thanks for the detailed responses shibu. That cleared a lot of doubts.

Quote:
That's really big!
I was trying to get it since last few months. I would definitely love to have a copy. Would PM you for how to take that forward.
Old 24th August 2013, 12:25   #2165
BHPian

Quote:
originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
As far as i know, these H1,7,11 are all different bulbs for different use. I think H7 is for Low beam, H11 for High beam and H1 for Fog lights. So if you want to have low beam replaced then you would have to go for H7 only.
I'm quite sure that both the high and low beams are H7 55w Phillips Blue Vision bulbs, with the spares as Osram - has there been any modification in the lighting system? There was talk that they were upgrading the lights to 80w bulbs. Are these the H11?
Quote:
5. The kit contains bulbs and ballasts. Do we need relay and/or canceller as well? Relay and cancellers are not required. Only bulb and ballast kit is required.
As the bulbs are of 35w the kit does not require any additional relay/cutout- just plug and play! - y ou do need to cut the rubber cap though to pass the wires through.
I fitted P4 - but very unhappy! Had a hard time trying to match two bulbs in equal intensity.

Last edited by Gerardfdz : 24th August 2013 at 12:32.
Old 24th August 2013, 13:33   #2166
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shibu,

Great job getting the service manuals for the XUV. Even I would be grateful if I can have a copy of the same.

Is there any way I can get my hands on it?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Cheerzz
Old 24th August 2013, 14:37   #2167
BHPian

@SDP:

1. Whats the difference between H1, H7 and H11?
Already answered. Different bulb standards used as per application.

2. For a particular car, let's say the XUV5OO, how does one decide which bulb to go for H1 or H7 or H11? Is the low-beam projector setup in XUV designed to take only H7 or can it take H1/H11 as well?

Already answered. H7's are low beam types used in XUV so only H7 type bulb can be used.

3. I am specificaly interested in 4200K temperature. Have marked 3 options (H1, H7 and H11) in 4200K listed on the site. Are these really available with a regular retailer? For us XUV users only H7 is of interest. 4200k is readly available with leading car shop in major cities. Best option would to contact your local distributor who is contactable via the Philips website.

4. You got H7-6000K-35W bulbs. Are there H7-6000K-50W bulbs? How about 50W bulbs in 4200K range (H1/H7/H11)? Yes I did get H7-6000k bulbs and ballasts,both rated for 35w. H7-6000k and H7-4200k 50W kits are also availble but have to be imported. I feel 50w kits would be amazing (Yea dil mange more).

Meanwhile, I had my XUV first service yesterday. Oil and oil filter changed. The bill was just Rs1500!! My map software was updated to v8.0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by " shibu;3216681"
Great shibu, one copy for me too. Will PM you for the manuals
Old 24th August 2013, 15:02   #2168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post

As the bulbs are of 35w the kit does not require any additional relay/cutout- just plug and play! - y ou do need to cut the rubber cap though to pass the wires through.
I fitted P4 - but very unhappy! Had a hard time trying to match two bulbs in equal intensity.
Even the rubber was not cut. Infact the wire passed between the rubber and the headlamp black portion. The rubber cap was secured via tape.
shibu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 21:38   #2169
BHPian

Quote:
@SDP:

Would like to get a copy of it. Shall I PM you my email id.

FundaG
Old 24th August 2013, 21:47   #2170
BHPian

Another niggle popped up today. There is a wire connected to the brake pads. Front right side wire came off the place and hanging down. I remember similar wire disconnection displayed a brake pad worn out message. In my vehicle there is no error messages displayed.May be M&M disabled this error in a recent software update?

-HCP
Old 24th August 2013, 22:04   #2171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another niggle popped up today. There is a wire connected to the brake pads. Front right side wire came off the place and hanging down. I remember similar wire disconnection displayed a brake pad worn out message. In my vehicle there is no error messages displayed.May be M&M disabled this error in a recent software update?

-HCP
I think this is what SDP covered some time back with his findings.
Old 25th August 2013, 15:08   #2172
BHPian

Quote:

-HCP
That wire- think it is yellow in colour- should be for the brake pad wear down. so will not show any indication on the display. Have it reconnected at the earliest.
Old 28th August 2013, 11:44   #2173
BHPian

How are the iOS devices pairing with the XUV 5OO's infotainment systems?
I was being told that there were some niggles on the clarity of the voice and the systems works well only with the android.
Old 28th August 2013, 13:27   #2174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopu.g View Post
How are the iOS devices pairing with the XUV 5OO's infotainment systems?
I was being told that there were some niggles on the clarity of the voice and the systems works well only with the android.
Just rumors, my Iphone used to work perfectly before i bought samsung.
Old 29th August 2013, 08:03   #2175
BHPian

Guys I am currently in Delhi for two weeks training. I have received no. of PMs for the xuv documentation. I would come back to you after this training is over.
shibu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks